Not Alone

A New Sign of Love

you guys have motivated me to write the next chapter asap and also because I found extra time and felt so bad leaving all of you hanging like that because I would be pissed to know the story isnt going the way I want it to lol so here we go

_________________________________________________________________♥

Your POV

Its been close to 2 months since I last saw Yoseob. He hasn't spoken to me, or visited me, nor have I called him. I wouldn't know what to say. I want to explain what happened but the way he looked at me made it seem like he had already made up his mind. These past couples of days I’ve been able to take in what happened on New Year’s and put it behind me. I feel that I have slowly forgiven him especially since I have stopped crying since then which was a nice change. I feel myself getting stronger but without being able to solve anything I still feel weak as each day passes.

Its just another morning. Having to go to school then work feeling as miserable as I have been. I turned over in my bed and stared at all the gifts he sent me a while back, still unopened and neatly placed beside my closet. The reason why I never opened them besides being hurt and upset but that I had hoped that one day we can resolve this together that way I could tell him to take back all the gifts as long as he promised to trust me, never lie to me, and love me the most he can. As long as I had him no gift in the world would be better fit for me than him.

I slowly got out of bed and wrapped my hair in a messy bun. These days I didn't care how I looked. I had no one to impress I didn't care how they looked at me except for one person who isn't even speaking to me. I got dressed brushed my teeth and headed for Kieu’s room to wake her for school.

“C’mon. up”

“MMMmm” she mumbled

“Kieu I have no time to wait for you we need to go”

“Just go I wanna stay home today”

I smacked my lips. Not even my best friend wants to keep me company. I picked up my bag for school that had a change of clothes for work later today and left my dorm. Each time I would close this door I would think of Yoseob. How he held me close when I told him I wanted him away from me. Thinking back I know it was for good reason but now I wish I could take it all back and would have just heard him out. I trust him completely but I guess the idea of being cheated on really hurt me bad but not as bad as I feel now. I would trade this pain for anything else if I could get Yoseob to come back. I feel like I have lost everything.

For now all I can do is continue on with my life hoping for some miracle to happen. If it does I’d be grateful. I at least want him to be by my side again and never let go.

 

Kikwang’s POV

I just got word that I will be staring in the same show as Yoseob but the worst part about it is that he hates me. He hasn't said one thing to me since that night.

[flashback]

I heard the front door open then close. I immediately jumped out of my bed to talk with him. I quickly turned the corner of the hallway and collided with him. He pushed me off and slipped down the hallway to avoid me.

“Y-YOSEOB LET ME EXPLAIN!!” I reached the the entrance of the room and he quickly turned back to me startling me by how close he was to my face. I moved back to give us room.

“It was not a date I swear it was-”

“I don't want to hear a word come out of your mouth, I don't want to talk you, I don't want to hear your reasons, nothing except for one thing.....stay the away from Layla” he turned away climbing into his bed and laid there not looking back or saying a word to me like he said.

[End Flashback]

Yoseob was in the room asleep. I thought now was the best time to try and talk to him. He’ll be relaxed from just waking up maybe even listen to me since I’ve given him his space.

I sighed and climbed onto Doojoon’s bunk that was next to Yoseob’s. He was faced away hovered against the wall. I poked his back lightly and of course it didn't work. I started to lightly shake him and that was when he began to mumble.

“Yoseob?” I shook him once more and he turned over to look at me.

He sighed groggily “What do you want?” and went back to his original position faced away from me.

My chest clenched. He spoke to me. Yoseob was actually going to listen to me.

“I want to talk to you about everything”

“What more is there to talk about?”

“Well...” *don't blow this Kikwang* “...first off..” he felt me rustle on the bed to get up beside him. He turned back to see what I was doing and watched me do a 90 degree bow on top of the bed. 

He looked at me in disgust and turned away again “Oh my gosh why are you doing that?!”

“Because I wanted to properly apologize to my hyung, my best friend, and brother”

Yoseob sighed.

“I know all this started because of me I should have never interfered with yours and Layla’s relationship and I screwed it all up I feel horrible like I’m the worst person on earth I-”

“No..” Yoseob sat up in the bed and faced me. He looked at me then rubbed the sleepiness and irritation from his face “...this whole thing was not your fault...it was mine”

I stared at him gobsmacked.

“Yeah I said it....I will say that you had no business involving yourself in this whole mess but everything was all me...I was just to ashamed to admit the reality of it all and took it out on you...mianhe”

I blinked slowly taking in his words as he continued to stare at my expression then buried his face into his hands.

“I’m sorry for hanging out with Layla then?”

Yoseob lifted his head “Thinking back on it now...I am also happy that you went out of your way to check on Layla..” he half smiled “..I hated the idea back then but now I am glad to know she had someone she could at least trust and feel happy even if it wasn't with me..so thank you for taking care of her...you kept your promise and I couldn't be more thankful”

My mouth opened but I couldn't say anything. He was the one that ended up apologizing, not me. I was confused now. All this time I’ve been so worried he would be so furious with me that I would have to beg for forgiveness but he flipped the switch on me throwing me for a loop. I had to hold onto my head to get a grip from it all.

Yoseob lightly slapped my arm “You ok?” 

I quickly nodded and got down from the bunk to grab something I had for him.

 

Yoseob’s POV

Once Kikwang left I went back to burying my face into my hands trying to finally figure our everything that has happened the past 2 months. I want Layla back but I felt I was only hurting her more by always sticking around her. I couldn't think of anything else to do. 

I felt Kikwang come back onto the bed and sit down in front of me.

“Here this is for you..”

I didn't bother looking up when he placed a photo face down in my lap forcing me to turn it over and see what it was.

I flipped it over “Christmas” I whispered

“I’m sorry I wasn't able to put the frame that she made back together but...” he pulled out a bag from behind him unveiling and half broken and hand-decorated frame for me to take. “..that was the best I could do”

I looked at the dried glue seeping out the cracked sides from Kikwang’s attempt at rebuilding the shattered frame. It still looked just as great. I gripped the frame in my hands while looking back at the picture feeling so torn and hopeless inside.

I sniffed fighting the urge to cry in front of Kikwang “Why didn't you give me this sooner?”

“I didn't know how and I wanted to try my best and fix it before I gave it to you but...” he sighed “..I failed miserably”

I chuckled feeling tears roll down my face as I went to look at him “Kamsahamnida”

Kikwang smiled widely showing his teeth “Yur welcum”

I laughed at his attempt to speak in english to me “Wae?”

He giggled “I don't know I just felt like trying”

We both laughed. Kikwang immediately wrapped his arms around me hugging me tight causing my neck to strain.

“YAH KIKWANG IT HURTS!!”

He lessened his grip but didn't let go “I’m so happy we’re friends again”

I smiled putting the frame down to hug him back with one arm while holding up the picture of me and Layla in my hand. Kikwang let go and quickly wiped a tear from his eye while sniffing.

“Why are you crying?” I chuckled

“I-I’m not!!” he said defensively

I shook my head not believing his bluff “Ok whatever you say....”

Kikwang started to get off the bed when I stopped him by gripping his shoulder

“I need your help with something”

He nodded “Of course! anything you need I’ll help you with..what is it?”

I looked down at the picture I still held in my hand. I don't think I’ll let it go until I have the real thing in my arms “Its for Layla”

 

Your POV

As soon as I got home from work, Kieu had let me know the front desk of our building had gotten a message from my parents and needed me to come down as soon as I can.

“Do you want me to go with you?”

I nodded “I don't know why but I feel it might be something bad” I only thought that way looking at how my luck has been going. I just desperately hope that I’m wrong.

As we approached the desk the secretary at the front had me wait since she was on the phone making me more anxious about what to expect. Me and Kieu sat down in the waiting chairs. She held my hand trying to calm me but I just kept getting more nervous. I really hope everything will be ok.

“Layla!!” the lady called me and I quickly ran to her desk with Kieu following close behind.

“Hi I’m Layla I have a call waiting from my parents?”

“Oh..yes wait here for a moment I’ll grab a phone to connect you to them” She walked off and I turned to Kieu

“I didn't know we could call overseas here!! I would've come down to talk to them more often!!” I said in a panic feeling like a horrible daughter for not knowing.

“Hey its okay..” she hugged me “..you didn't know nor did I everything is going to be fine” 

“Here you are!” the secretary came back and placed a phone in front of me, punching in some numbers before handing me the phone “Just dial your home number and you should here from them soon” she smiled

“T-Thank you” I looked over to Kieu unable to dial the number feeling scared about what they need to tell me

She rubbed my back “I’m right here”

I nodded taking a deep breath then pressing in my home digits. My heart started to pick up its pace hearing the dialtone ring.

Brrrrr....Brrrrrr......Brrrrr- the ringing stopped

“D-Dad? I-”

The number you called is away from the pho-

I slammed the phone back down “Excuse me could you punch in those number again? I want to try a different number” the lady nodded and began punching in the number for me a second time. Once she finished I immediately dialed my dad’s cell phone number.

“What happened?” Kieu asked concerned

While the dial tone rang I answered Kieu “M-My parents didn't pick up the house phone....they always do but this time they didn't which can only mean-”

“Hello?”

“D-DAD?!!! You called me whathappenediseverythingok?!?!?” I spoke so fast I was surprised to find my dad understood me perfectly

“LAYLA!!! Honey I-I don't know how to tell you this..”

“Just tell me!!” I pleaded I knew I was about to hear something bad because I detected a sense of pain in my Dad’s voice

“Layla your mom is in ICU she didn't respond well to the chemotherapy which made the cancer spread throughout her body...” My father began to cry and all I could do was listen “...I-I don't know what to do...she’s gotten worse they say she’s dying...Layla...I’m so sorry!!!” 

His cry became distant on the phone and was the last thing I heard before I out.

 

Kikwang’s POV

*Aww why did I agree to this?...what if she doesn't come then Yoseob will really hate me forever*

[flashback]

"Make sure you bring her here no later than 9 araso? or I’ll never forgive you for what you’ve done”

“B-But you said that-”

“Forget what I said and do what I tell you or else” Yoseob smirked playfully and winked.

His voice was so demanding yet he looked as if he was playing with me. I’m confused I don't know If he’s being serious or not. Just to be sure I start to run off seeing how it was already 8:30. I needed to haul my out of here.

“Oh and Kikwang?”

I look over my shoulder “Don't mess up babo!!” he chuckles then continues to prepare making me more determined to prove I was capable of completing this task in time.

[end flashback]

 

-KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK-

............. no answer

 “Weird usually they answer right away” I tried again

-KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK-

....................still nothing.

“Are they even home?” I looked at my watch.

“8:50!!!” * I have to get her there now!*

I decided just to see if maybe the door was unlocked. *I know them...it wouldn't be trespassing would it?....whatever I have a good reason hopefully she comes with me I haven't seen or talked to Layla what if she might be mad at me for ignoring her??*

When I turned the knob to my surprise it was unlocked so I went ahead and let myself in.

“Mianhe!!! are you guys-”

Just then I heard a loud cry coming from inside. I quickly walked further in and immediately advanced to Layla’s room. The door was wide open. Kieu was cradling Layla in her arms crying together hysterically, Layla more than Kieu. I barged in.

“WHAT HAPPENED?!?” they didn't answer me nor did they seem to notice I was hovering next to them on the bed trying to find out what happened.

Layla kept grasping onto Kieu's shirt like she was begging for strength to pick herself up but she stayed in the same position curled up by her knees next to Kieu’s chest. I touched Layla’s back to console her. She didn't even respond to me it was like she was in her own world. I held onto my head so confused and had no idea about what to do. I glanced at the clock on Layla’s desk reading 9:00 but I wasn't concerned about Yoseob’s plan anymore. Kieu quivered beside Layla holding her tight.

“KIEU!!” Using both my hands I lifted her head and forced her to look at me. Her face was so wet with tears from crying I wiped them away as she tried to focus on my face.

“Kieu t-tell me what happened??”

She continued to cry her face becoming more distorted as she tried to speak words but all that came out was nothing I could clearly understand.

“KIEU!! you need to focus! tell me what happened so that I can help!!”

“KI-” she looked down at Layla crying in despair

I leaned in closer to listen “Layla her...her mom is dying” she whispered.

“Wha-WHAT!!!” I yelled unconsciously. Kieu only nodded and continued to sooth Layla by rocking her back and forth.

I didn't ask anything further, jumping off the bed and bolting out of their dorm leaving them alone with only one thing on my mind I needed to do.

 

Yoseob’s POV

I lit each candle one by one, leading up to the small stage I had them build for me. I even had a small group of musicians waiting by the door for her arrival.

“OK once those doors open and you see a girl you play right away got it?”

They nodded. I smiled then retreated back to my spot on the stage. I picked up the small bouquet of flowers I had waiting on the table and straightened out my suit. I was so nervous. No words could describe how more scared I was that this might not even work out. I checked my watch it was already past 9 now. I’m not someone who is super on time to everything but this was a different matter. If she wasn't here by now it probably means that she didn't want to come. That was the worst thought in my head that hurt so much just thinking about it.

The doors suddenly burst opened and the band started to play. I froze in place while my heart clenched in shock. To my disappointment Kikwang came running up to me huffing and puffing trying to tell me something I was to distracted about another issue to try and understand him.

I glared at the musicians “YAH!! does he look like a girl to YOU!!!” I gestured violently to Kikwang who was crouched down still trying to catch his breath. They shrugged not sure if they should continue but took my facial expression as a sign to stop.

“Babos!!” I mumbled to myself then looked towards Kikwang

“And you!! you nearly gave my a heart attack!!” I placed my hand on my chest. Kikwang looked at me with a worried expression.

I sighed already assuming what he was going to tell me “She didn't want to come huh?!” I looked down feeling like I lost all hope at getting her back.

“Layla...NO....she’s at home..” just listening and not bothering to looked at him in the face. Kikwang took a big inhale then reached over to harshly grab my shoulders “you. need. to leave. NOW!!”

“wae-”

“THERE’S NO TIME TO EXLAIN JUST GO TO HER NOW!!” Kikwang yanked me up and shoved me off the platform making me stumble while I tried to regain my balance. I jogged lightly to the door and flinched to hear Kikwang yelling over my shoulder.

“PALI!! SHE NEEDS YOU NOW!!” 

Not wanting to anger him I started running towards the elevator becoming more concerned to reach her as fast as I could.

---------------------

I parked my car to a screeching stop at the edge of the curb. I jumped out of my car and dashed inside the building taking the stairs because the elevator was just to slow to wait for. 

I finally reached her level to see their front door was open and quickly rushed inside. I went straight to Layla’s room where I saw her whimpering softly into Kieu’s chest. I walked to the side of the bed.

“I’m...here...” I spoke breathlessly immediately catching Kieu’s attention. She gaped at me then began shaking Layla off of her to look towards me. I saw that Kieu’s shirt was drenched once Layla got up off her and turned to look at me. It pained me so much to see Layla cry. It felt like a branded iron was being placed onto my heart each time I would see her shed a tear even now more so. Her eyes were so swollen as they tried to make out the figure in front of her. Layla quickly crawled over and wrapped her arms around my neck. As fast as I could I hugged her body so tight feeling like she wasn't close enough to my standards. She felt so secure in my arms I never wanted to let go.

“I’m so sorry for being stubborn and such a horrible person!!” she cried into my shoulder “Now I’m losing 2 people that I love the most in my life!..”

“Aniyo!! your never going to lose me don't ever for a second feel like I’ll leave you because I cant!! I love you so much Layla...I will always be here for you and will always love you” I brought her face to mine I kissed her lips and she kissed me back I missed her so much. Her lips quivered wanting to cry more but continued to hold me closer. A simple kiss wasn't enough to satisfy me I needed more and from the feel of it I wasn't alone in my thoughts. I didn't even notice Kieu leaving the room. She had closed the door and left us alone just how I had plan this night. To be just us. Me being with her all night not letting her leave from my sight. 

Layla backed out of the kiss to catch her breath while I continued to kiss after her cheek, neck, shoulder, wherever I could leave the touch of my presence on her.

“Y-Yoseob..I’m so scared” she faintly whispered in my ear. I went back to kiss her cheek and gripped her tighter so much she lightly gasped but didn't move.

“Don't’ be. I’m here for you now your not alone, I’m not leaving nor am I letting you go, I’m staying right here beside you...” I'm going to be her strength, her life, her everything. Anything she needs I'll do for her sake.

She nodded into my shoulder. “I love you” 

“Saranghae”

_________________________________________________________________♥