"Its Not What You Think"

A New Sign of Love

Sorry guys its just school please forgive me:) I lub my subs!!

___________________________________________________♥

Your POV

After changing Kikwang drove us further into the busiest part of the city.

“Aren't you worried people are going to recognize you?”

“No not really its only when your trying to hide is when more people recognize you but if you act normal people will pass right by.....most of the time”

“Oh I guess that makes sense....how are you even finding time to do this aren't you busy?”

“Not today...everyone else is busy doing stuff but it just so happens that today I’m free. isn't it such a coincidence?!” he said in a playful tone while cooly looking over to smile.

I just rolled my eyes and then it had me wondering what Yoseob was doing even though it was hard for me to have him around I really missed his smile and how happy he made me feel when I was with him. “Kikwang what’s he...doing right now?” I tried to ask as casual as possible but that failed.

He smiled “Yoseob is filming right now”

I nodded although I knew this already figuring out his schedule the past few weeks.

“Does he know your with me?”

Kikwang huffed a laugh “If he knew I was with you he would kill me....but I took you out today because I want to help you feel better!! you needed to get out”

I sighed placing my arm on the window seal to rest my head while looking out the window “Yeah I dont know about this anymore I think I want to go back-”

“AH!! we’re here!” he cut me off

Kikwang easily parked his car along the curb and then searched through his glove box for change to feed the parking meter. He noticed me still seating in my seat making no efforts to get out so he took it upon himself to unbuckle my seat belt and reach across me to open my door.

“Your not staying in here araso” he chuckled and got out the car to pay the meter expecting me to follow. Even though I wasnt up to doing anything I decided to listen to him. I can see he’s trying to help me so I’ll humor him for a bit.

He brought me to an outdoor shopping plaza with clothing stores, accessories and cute figurines that were being displayed through the shop windows, as well as lots of restaurants, bars and family owned cafes. This area was similar to where Umma’s restaurant is at but nicer seeing as how there were little gates surrounding each tree that were planted along the sidewalk where little sparklets would glisten when the sun would shine onto the floor. The weather was also pretty nice today so my mood was beginning to lighten up the more I looked at the scene in front of me.

“Nice place huh?!”

I nodded smiling softly “It is”

“Yeah I used to like riding my bike out here because of the wide walkways and also because there are a lot of different places to eat..” He placed his hands on his hips taking in the scene as I was. He landed his gaze at a shop down the way “...and speaking of food we’re going in here” Kikwang bit his lip feeling excited to take me inside while gripping onto my wrist to follow behind him. He opened the door then pulled me if front of him so I was first to step inside.

“Annyeong!!!” the staff greeted us while a host came up to sit us at a table. She handed us a menu then gasped a little when she caught sight of Kikwang.

“OMO!!!” she squealed

Kikwang quickly shushed her in a nice way, placing his finger to his lips signaling her to keep him a secret to other guest. She was starstruck. The girl kept her eyes on Kikwang who awkwardly shifted in his seat feeling a bit self-conscious making me giggle at the whole situation. She suddenly shifted her gaze to me then back at Kikwang.

“Is she your..?” she quietly asked watching her expression look a little disappointed at the fact that her bias might be dating someone.

I laughed again “Aniyo..” waving my hands to deny her assumption.

“She’s my friend” Kikwang answered with a sweet smile

The girl softly exhaled “Araso” then bowed to leave us in peace.

“People wont notice huh?!” I joked

Kikwang smacked his lip “That was one person.....but anyway what are you going to eat?” he opened the menu to read the dishes

“I’m not hungry”

“Yes you are”

“No I’m pretty sure I’m not” I answered in a playful tone. He then reached over the table to squeeze my arm then sat back in his seat.

I eyed him questionably “What was that for?!”

“Your too skinny you need to eat..” he looked over “Excuse me”

A waitress came up “Yes-” then froze realizing it was Kikwang.

He ignored the girl’s reaction and proceeded to order. “We’re going to have this and this mmmm....and with this to drink!” he pointed to different spots on the menu for the girl to write down then took our menus and went to place our orders.

“That’s all for you right?”

“Naw I’m on a diet sorry!” he joked patting his stomach

I glared at him. *What? is he trying to force feed me?* “Oh thats too bad....guess we better leave” I said turning away from the table to leave “Let’s go Kikwang I-I dont want to be here” 

“What why?”

Why? He’s asking me why? well honestly I also wonder why I feel nothing is worth anything to me anymore. Not eating, sleeping, or feeling anything without him. It’s just not the same and with him not here with me makes me feel even more alone and weak. I just want to sulk alone in my room like I have been the past few weeks. The only place where I’ve found some strange comfort from it. Not out in public where everything around me reminds me more and more of Yoseob. Thats why!!

“Because.....I just do!”

“LAYLA!” Kikwang slapped his hands on the table

I jumped. He looked at me with a stern expression 

“Why are you like this?....why are you hurting yourself like this? its not right!”

I sighed not saying anything.

“Please...” he squeezed my hand that laid motionless on the table “...I dont like seeing you all negative and sad I need...no I...want you to be happy..” he then tapped my chin to look at him and I did “...please for me enjoy the day I have planned for us because I really hope it brings that smile on your face again...for today OK” he held up and ‘ok’ sign with his hand and meekly smiled.

I grimaced. Can I really enjoy today?

“I dont know” I whispered speaking to myself and he overhearing

Kikwang got up from his seat and bent down in front of my knees, angling his face to meet my eyes.

“Layla?..” he poked my knee

I sniffed wiping away the small tears that wanted to stream down my cheek.

“Your not alone...” 

I softly nodded to please him but of course he knew I wasnt listening.

He rubbed my arm with his fingers then sighed “Fine..”

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye.

“I’ll help you eat the food ok?!..” 

I cocked my head to the side “Wha-”

“Geez!! why do you have to pull the guilt trip on me that’s not fair!!!” he pouted making me laugh. I see where he went with this. Liked it. and it helped.

He got up to sit back on his seat and smiled “Thats the Layla I like to see”

 

Dongwoon’s POV [a/n: its a first]

*sigh* “Im so bored” I yelled out to no one expect for Hyunseung who might've heard me from the room. Except for Kikwang we all had schedules today. Doojoon and Yoseob went to record the shows they were on while Me, Hyunseung, and Junhyung had to go to a photo shoot where once we finished Junhyung ended up leaving to a recording studio to do his part in a song he’s featuring in so that left me and Hyunseung home alone. I was surprised to find that Kikwang was gone by the time we got home but I figured he went to work out or something. At least he was doing something I’m too lazy to work out, theres nothing on TV, and finally now that I have time Im not even tired to go to sleep.

“UGGGHH!!!”

“YAH!! what are you whining about?” Hyunseung walked in I must have woke him up from his nap.

“HYU~UNG IM BOOORED!!!” I collapsed onto the ground for dramatic effect

He sighed “What do you want to do?”

“I dont knoo~ow” I said kicking my legs a little like a kid. It was frustrating me because I really couldn't thing of anything but then it hit me.

“Oooo I know let’s go see the girls...I miss them”

Hyunseung shook his head “I dont think thats a good idea considering what’s going on between Yoseob and Layla”

“Wae? they’re are friends.....I wish things went back to the way they were Yoseob seems so down now too..”

“Hey are you hungry?” I looked at Hyunseung who interrupted my train of thought by asking about food.

“Are you kidding? you respond about food when I was just talking about how our brother is depressed” *geez cold-hearted much*

“I suddenly got hungry...” he shrugged “...maybe we can drop by and bring Yoseob food too to cheer him up?!”

“Oh you know what! thats not a bad idea its time to feed him anyway” I looked at my watch to check the time. Yoseob hasn't been eating a lot so we all took it upon ourselves to make sure he has something in his system otherwise he’d disappear right in front of us. Honestly this whole ordeal between them has really hit us all. We dont hear or see Layla as much as we used to, Yoseob hardly ever smiles anymore except on TV he’s pretty professional about that which surprised me the most. If Yoseob is like this I really worry about how bad Layla must feel...

-----------------

The cast took a small break from filming to eat and we followed Yoseob to the dressing room to give him the food we brought him.

He sighed “I’m not hungry”

“Doesn't matter your eating” Hyunseung ordered as I placed the styrofoam box of food in front of him.

"It's your favorite Hyung!" I tried to make it sound yummy to him but he ignored us and peered into his phone looking at the picture of Layla smiling on his screen.

“Hyung?” I sat next to him “Have you talked to her recently?”

Yoseob shook his head still looking into his phone “Not since a while ago when I confronted her"

Out of curiosity “How...how does she look?” If Yoseob is this way Layla must be just as bad. Kikwang had told me how she looked the day he went to visit her. She was a “sad”. That was the word he used that best fit what he saw but I assumed the worst.

“She’s still beautiful as ever” he responded so quietly dropping his phone on the floor which I quickly picked while he buried his face in his face. 

Hyunseung sat on the edge of the couch and began rubbing Yoseob’s back. I glanced at him then back at Yoseob who was trying hard to fight back his tears.

“It will get better Hyung I believe it” I hugged him and he quickly sat up and quickly looked at me with watery eyes and tried to smile.

“Kamsahamnida Dongwoon....I hope your right”

 

Your POV

He covered my eyes with his hands and walked me further to God knows where.

“Ok ready?”

I nodded. He removed his hand away from my eyes having to quickly adjust my sight to see the location in front of me.

“Kikwang are you trying to kill me?!!....do you want me to die?”

“Wha? NO!!”

“Then why did you bring me here?” I gestured my arm to gates in front of us that read LOTTE WORLD

“So that we can have fun!!” he pouted unconsciously to my detest

“Ok but why bring to the place where I almost died!!” I whined. It was hard for me to have fond memories of the place now and even if I block out the incident, my other thoughts become flooded with memories I shared with Yoseob and it starts all over again.

“NO dont worry I’ll be with you wherever we go even in the BATHROOM if your that scared..” he raised his eyebrows

“Ha.HA. very funny”

He chuckled and grabbed my wrist to pull me towards the entrance gate i was getting used to him ordering me around well because I had nothing else to do except listen but his excitement and efforts to help me I have to admit were making me smile and forcing me to enjoy the time and actually laugh with someone.

“Look will just play some games for a while..” he pointed to the booth that were all empty “..which one you do you want to play?”

“Kikwang I so I dont know”

He laughed “I help you so..pick” and smiled warmly as he waited for me to make a decision. I casually pulled my hand out of his grasp and randomly pointed to a shooting game.

“That one?! wow thats a bold choice for someone who doesn't know how to play!!” he chuckled and I just shrugged.

Kikwang poked my stomach “Hey what did I say earlier..you have to smile!” he brought his hands to my cheeks to lightly pinch them and smiled “let’s go win some prizes” he bit his lip and raised his eyebrows excitedly while grabbing my hand again to walk me over to the booth. 

I was surprised that I was letting him touch me like it was something normal. It feels a little strange how close Kikwang is to me but I assumed it was his nature to be this way and being a friend of mine I didnt want to think anything more of it. I suppose I’m just enjoying the attention I’m receiving from him

He sat me on the chair in front of the play gun and paid the clerk for the game. I just stared at the gun questionably wondering how to go about this. The bell rang and I panicked, quickly grabbing the trigger that shot out water that was meant for me to aim for the dart ahead of me.

“AhHHH!!” I yelled out of confusion and noticing at how horrible I was at playing I started to laugh and didnt care if I won or lost. Kikwang didnt feel this way though.

“What are you doing?!?! your supposed to aim at the dart not the wall!!!!”

I laughed “I dont care!! this way is more fun” the water was spraying everywhere which made it harder to aim so I gave up halfway.

“No you have to win the prize” Kikwang leaned over me feeling his chest hover my shoulder making me gasp at the feel. I was then distracted at how his other arm reached over my other shoulder to help position the gun to the right level causing the water to hit the dart and the bell instantly rang.

“See now thats how you do it!!” he spoke at the side of my face making me flinch and quickly jump out of my seat. *That was weird*

“Which one do you want?” Kikwang pointed to the shelf of prizes

I shyly looked away “Whatever..you pick it since your the one who actually won the game"

“But it was for you”

“I dont know Kikwang just pick!!” I said impatiently

His smile fell a bit “A-Araso” 

I looked away feeling a little bad when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to a white stuffed bear with a pick bow around its neck “Here you go” he said lifelessly.

I pressed my lips together taking the bear away from his face and smiled.

“Thank you”

He just nodded and walked ahead of me. I followed after him.

“K-kikwang..” he looked back as I caught up with him “I’m sorry for snapping at you back there...I didnt mean too”

He half smiled “Its fine..I kept pushing you to do things”

I shook my head “But still your trying your best to comfort me and I was being rude so please forgive” I did a half bow at random

He laughed “You seriously didnt need to do that!!”

“Yeeah I dont know why I did that either” I smiled feeling a bit embarrassed and clutched onto my bear for comfort. Kikwang tapped my shoulder this time and put his hand back in his pocket asking me to follow.

“Come on let’s find more games!” he said happily and I felt a bit more comfortable now that he was giving me a little distance. I know he was just being nice but it didnt feel right to be so close to someone who wasnt Yoseob. I squeezed my bear causing my thoughts to flood about Yoseob again. If I miss him this much I guess I should try to work things out but I cant find the strength to even speak to him about it.

-------------------

After a few more games and one or 2 rides Kikwang HAD to get on the sun was slowly starting to set and I saw how it beamed through the open gaps of the tress. It was a nice day.

“WHAT FLAVOR?!” he yelled to me

“FOR WHAT?” I saw him walk over to a food stand and began pulling out his wallet

“HEY!!..” I ran over “what are you doing?!” I pressed his wallet telling him to put it away

“We’re getting ice cream now tell me what flavor to want!”

“But I dont want-” Kikwang looked at me a little annoyed at how I was trying to use the same excuse.

I eyed him back “Fine. Vanilla”

He quickly smiled and asked the clerk for our orders.

I sat at a small round table while Kikwang handed me my cone of vanilla ice cream that immediately appealed to me once I saw how pretty and appetizing it was all swirled up. I took a bite from the top tasting how sweet and smooth it felt in my mouth making me want more. I looked up to see Kikwang smile at me who still hasn't touched his own ice cream. 

“Stop looking!!” I whined

He chuckled and handed me a napkin “ I couldn't help it seeing how happy you got eating the ice cream”

I smiled and shrugged “I haven't had ice cream in a while I cant believe I’ve been away from you so long” I spoke to my deformed swirl making Kikwang laugh.

“Did you have fun today?”

I thought about it for a bit “Actually...I did...it was refreshing and helped me think about some things”

“Oh yah?...what’s that?”

“Him”

He smiled “What about him?....are you going to talk to him now?”

“I..I want to”

“Then why dont you?”

“Its...just hard for me to forgive him you know...I know that he was drunk and it wasnt intentional but where I’m from thats at the top of the list of reasons why couples break up...when I look or touch him all I can think about is how he touched or ki...kis-sed..” I looked down at my hands “..that girl”

“He didnt mean-”

I cut him off “But...then I think about and remember that he’s Yoseob and has the biggest heart I’ve known a person to have and believe he wouldn't hurt me but its really hard for me to let that incident pass like now I cant even look in the direction of that bathroom it brings back horrible memories”

“I understand...he really misses you though?” he paused and scoffed a laugh “today has really shown me how alike you too are”

“What do you mean?”

Kikwang took the last bit of his ice cream and tossed a dirty napkin in the trash before sitting back down to answer me “The way I see you smile is the way he smiles...big and happy and maybe thats because he’s rubbed off on you but I can see why he’s so...”

“S-So?”

He smiled “He really loves you Layla”

“I love him too..”

“Then forgive him"

“Its easier said than done...I know its selfish but it hurts and I dont want to say anything to him that I will regret...thats why I asked him to give me more time...I just need to get over some things that way I’ll be able to come back to him and really work things out...just right now I cant”

He nodded understanding me.

I finished my ice cream and became curious “Is this what this outing was all about...to get me to talk to Yoseob?”

Kikwang shook his head “Honestly I just wanted to spend time with you”

His answer surprised me “W-Why?”

Kikwang sighed then shyly smiled “I...kind of like you Layla” I gulped as he continued “..I like the kind of person you are and how nice it is to be around you I’ve kind of grown an attachment to you....I understand why Yoseob feels so strongly about you...your someone worth fighting for in their life..”

I knew I sensed something strange from Kikwang. I didn’t know what to say except to reject him. “Kikwang I-”

“But..” he held up his finger for me to wait “...I know what I have with you wont be anymore than just friends and really...I couldn't be more satisfied with that. Yoseob is my best friend and although I’ve been acting like an to him I know how much he deserves you and wouldn't dare take that away from him....unless of course that person wanted me” he eyed me cheekily

I giggled and slowly shook my head “I thought so” he chuckled.

We stood quiet for a bit.

“Kamsahamnida”

“For what?” he asked

“For today...for everything you really helped me feel a lot better I don’t feel as...upset anymore and since I was able to talk about this to someone who knows him best I feel like I’ll be able to forgive him sooner than I thought”

“It was my pleasure...like I said before I’m also going to be here for you”

I smiled “I believe you”

-------------------

Kikwang walked me to my dorm. We were a little silent coming home but it wasn’t anything that would ruin our friendship now that we’ve been able to hang out and talk about things I feel I have a stronger bond with him like the one I share with Kieu and I couldn't be more happier.

I moved my bear to hold on my other arm as I went to hug Kikwang surprising him a bit.

“Thank you again for today it helped more than you know”

He hugged me back “Anytime” 

We moved back and smiled to each other. Kikwang’s eyes quickly glanced behind me.

“Oh no” he whispered

I turned around seeing Yoseob looking at us standing by each other. I moved away from Kikwang.

Yoseob walked forward “You wont talk to me but you’ll go on a date with him?”

“It wasnt a date!! “ Kikwang interjected

“Get out of here Kikwang!!!”

He listened without question and walked down stairs hoping he didnt cause anymore damage just being there.

Once he was out of sight Yoseob walked up to me and looked at the bear I was holding.

“I came to tell you that I wont be coming down here anymore..” my heart clenched “..it only seems like I’m pushing you further away from me and from the looks of it....I am”

“Yoseob its not what you think-”

“Dont worry anymore...I promise not to cause you anymore pain than I already have”

“But I-I’m not”

“You dont need to lie to me...I already see it in your eyes....I’m not good for you”

I couldn't saying anything. He just looked at me like he already figured me out and how I was feeling assuming I wanted nothing more to do with him and that was the farthest from the truth.

“Y-Yoseob-”

“Goodnight Layla....please stay well” I saw his eyes begin to water. He quickly kissed my cheek and left me standing where I was. I felt so stupid. Why couldn't I move? Why wasnt I chasing after him? What the hell is wrong with me? I couldn't say a word that would make him stay. I had no idea what to do. There is more pain when he is away from me than having him beside me and I just let him leave.

I slowly walked over to my door and went inside in total shock about what just happened. I closed the door and put the bear on the kitchen counter. Kieu saw me come in. She noticed I was acting strange and got up from the couch to walk over to me.

“Hey...Is everything ok?”

I shook my head not wanting to cry but I couldn't help it. How is it that my body can still generate so many tears my eyes hurt so much.

“Layla what’s wrong?” she held onto my shoulders.

“I...I think its over..”

___________________________________________________♥