7

After My Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Waking up the next morning wasn't any fun. I spent a good ten minutes trying to settle my stomach that had decided that our midnight snack wasn't the best idea. Closing my eyes I took a few deep breaths as I tried to push past the nausea before I finally sat upright. I was glad that the urge to empty stomach had left me and now my main priority was filling said stomach with food. Sighing I threw back the cover before swinging my feet over the edge of my bed so that my toes curled into the soft fluffy carpet. It was like a cycle, one minute you wanted to eat food the next your stomach was protesting for you to get it out. To think I have the rest of the first trimester to get used to it. Pushing to my feet, I hastily grabbed a hoody from the top of my laundry pile and headed out of my room. I paused outside my bedroom door as the sound of snoring came from a few doors down, a frown formed on my face as I puzzled at the strange noise. Heading down the hall I pushed open the bedroom door that was barely concealing the sound of definitely male snores. Through the gloom I was startled to see my very comatose brother sprawled across the single bed, his star wars duvet hanging off of the end of the bed by his feet. Smiling I tiptoed over to the bed and tugged the cover over his body before placing a kiss on his forehead. He might be my big brother but to me he was still a little kid, even though he was a dad himself. With a sigh I backed out of the room, making sure the door closed as quietly as possible. I didn't even want to think about what was causing him and Minji to have troubles; I had never seen a pair as in love as those two. Though if I had to guess, I would say that it would be over money, Daesung doesn't know I know but Minji had called me in tears a few months back, needing a shoulder to vent her frustrations out on. I would wait until he was ready before broaching the subject but I would do it and I would offer anything I could to help. Technically this house was half his and if he needed the house I would gladly give it to him and Minji, I hadn't unpacked yet so it wouldn't be much of a bother, and I still had the flat near Masquerade. It would be ideal because it's smaller, but it is still big enough for my growing family. The flat has two bedrooms which would be perfect for me and the baby when he or she arrives. I blinked a few times whilst my hand caressed my flat stomach in awe. It was still too much for me to grasp. I was going to be a mother. I had always dreamed of having a family of my own but never like this. I was happy but I also felt a bit heartbroken that I wouldn't get my very own Prince Charming. I guess that bumper sticker I saw the other day was right, life really is a . I headed down the stairs, my footfalls making slight padding sounds occasionally accompanied by the creak of the stairs. My stomach rumbled as I reached the foyer which made me groan slightly, there was no escaping it, I would have to make breakfast. I was hoping I could get by without for an hour or so and head down to the cute little bakery at the top of the road and buy something for breakfast but Dara's words rang through my mind and knew there was no way I was getting out of cooking.

Heading straight for the kitchen I searched through the cupboards trying to think what I could make. Bacon was out because of morning sickness which was annoying because I had ordered several packs with my last food shop but I knew they wouldn't go to waste, someone would claim them. I found fruit and an unopened box of Weetabix so I decided to mix the two of them. It was healthier than I would normally have but it would at least keep Dara off of my back. Taking the bowl of healthy food into the living room I sat on the sofa staring off blankly as I looked at my finally clear living room. I had decided that the boxes were annoying and moved them to the dining room but there were still too many that needed to be unpacked and sorted. Sighing in relief I sat back into the cushions of the sofa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter