15

After My Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to all of the moms out there, you are my heroes. You give yourself daily to look after your children, even when you are sick you make sure they come first and you give them your whole heart. Most importantly you have the most underappreciated job in the world so I just wanted to say how much we all appreciate you and how much I admire you. (yes I am being all mushy)

 

“Dara said that we both have to watch this,” I informed Seunghyun as I took a seat next to him on the sofa and scrolled through the recorded programmes until I came to the miracle that is One born every minute. I cringed just thinking what there would be in the programme, the say childbirth is a miracle but I’ve heard it can be quite gruesome. Seunghyun nodded as he settled next to me and laid an arm across the back of the sofa so that we were one step away from snuggling into each other.

“Here we go.” Five minutes in I had my head buried into Seunghyun’s shoulder and my eyes were closed tightly.

“Is it over yet?” I begged not daring to take my eyes away as I pressed my hands to my ears so I didn’t have to hear the woman’s agony. Seunghyun gave no reply and when I pulled my head from his T-shirt and looked up at his face I noted that he had paled somewhat and was looking completely haunted.

“No,” his voice cracked as he spoke and I was rewarded with a moan coming from the TV that sounded like a dying animal.

“Can we turn it off now?” I questioned as my eyes darted to the screen on their own accord and was rewarded in seeing the look of utter pain on the poor woman’s face as she rode a contraction. To make matters worse, the husband was standing beside her with a stopwatch.

“Come on baby you can do it, only one more push and we would have set a new record!” The deep baritone sounded through the speakers of the TV and I only just resisted throwing the remote control at the screen.

“If you ever do that to me when we are in hospital,” I warned turned my gaze back to Seunghyun’s. “I swear I will break your legs and make sure you will never be able to have again, got it?” He gave a mute nod before snatched the remote from my lap and turning the TV black so that we no longer had to endure that.

“Don’t worry Bom; you can have all the pain medication you want.” Seunghyun wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me tight against his side. “There is no way that I am letting you go through that.” If I wasn’t so terrified of the prospects of childbirth myself, I probably would have thought that he was sweet. Right now however I could only gulp and nod.

“Thanks.” I murmured shifting awkwardly on the chair. I only had a week until the due date and it was like there was a guillotine hanging over my neck that threatened to fall at any moment. I was definitely not ready for this.

“Maybe we should talk about something else; you know to get your mind off of it.” He nodded his head at the TV and I instantly responded with a sharp nod, desperate to get that woman’s pain filled groans from my head. They were just not natural.

“Tell me something about you that no one else knows, not even Tiffany and Nichkhun.” I turned my body so that I was facing him so that I could see his face as he spoke.

“Hmm, can it be about anything or does it have to be embarrassing?” He questioned, his hand coming up to scratch his chin which was coated in short black stubble.

Seunghyun had come straight from work after being away for the weekend on business and it was obvious he had rushed over here for me. His tie was loosened and hung carelessly around his throat and his shirt was open at the top revealing his chest. Shaking my head back and forth while clearing my throat with a subtle cough I managed to gain some coherence in my thoughts and answer his question.

“Can be either or both.”

“Okay, first I’ll tell you something that neither Nichkhun nor Tiffany knows, but then you have to tell me something and maybe later I will tell you some embarrassing stories. Sound good?” I watched kind of mesmerized as he ran his fingers through his hair before nodding dumbly. “Okay, something no one else knows… Hmm, oh I know. When you told me about the baby, the first thing I felt wasn’t anger, not really. I was happy, scared, overwhelmed, ecstatic, and proud. Probably a million other things too but the first thought on my mind was I was the lucky bastard that got to be the father of your baby and that maybe one day I would get to kiss you again. Oh and of course I was kind of petrified at the idea of being a dad but you Miss Park are giving me something I’ve wanted for a long time now, a family. And to be honest, I couldn’t be happier that you’re the person I’m havin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter