10

After My Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Over the next two weeks I worked at the restaurant when they were low on staff but I was constantly told to take it easy whenever I was there which meant that I spent half the time sitting down. Dara had just called me and begged for me to come in again but promised that it would only be for an hour or two for the lunchtime rush. Rolling my eyes I pushed up from the sofa that I had been snuggled up on with my duvet and a huge tub of Ben and Jerry's whilst I watched some classic Disney. She had to call me during the good part, where Belle admits she loves the beast. I almost considered not answering the phone so I could watch the rest of the film but my conscience got to me and I managed to answer before she hung up.

After showering and slipping into a pair of maternity jeans and a black t-shirt, I headed on over to the restaurant. The weather was warmer than it had been in a while and I was reveling in the fact that I didn't have to wear a thick coat every time I left the house. It didn't take long to get there now that I was living in the flat across from Dara, I was just worried what it would be like when I was further along in my pregnancy and have to walk up and down the stairs to my flat. I'm sure Dara and Youngbae will think of something, heck I already get mollycoddled, not that I'm complaining, Youngbae knows how to give a mean foot massage. Pushing open the door I was instantly greeted by the Maître D who, after handling the current customers, came over to me and pulled me into a hug before patting my stomach. It was like some sort of switch, as soon as you have a bump people think they can start touching you and hugging you. I have had complete strangers come up to me on the street and start lecturing me on the size of my bump, if I was eating properly and talking to me with complete condescension as they patted my bump, it's like there is some neon sign above my head that said I'm pregnant, go on touch the bump, you know you want to. I smiled though as he pulled away, he had been taking good care of me since the little incident with the ex and the baby daddy. I shooed him off and walked towards the bar calling greetings to the staff as I passed by them before taking one of the open tables near the bar. I had an hour until I had to start but Dara said she would buy me breakfast as a thank you. She just did that to make sure I actually ate a proper breakfast because according to her, Ben and Jerry's wasn't one of the food groups. I drummed my fingers on the table as I waited for my pancakes. I had been sitting there for a good ten minutes before Dara came over with a dark haired woman that had been at the opening night of masquerade and a little boy toddling on beside them.

"Budge up preggers, I've got someone I would like you to meet." Dara nudged me until I slid across the seat of the booth so that she could sit next to me and her friend sat on the opposite side of the table from me. I smiled at the little boy who instantly reached up and started playing with anything he could lay his hands on.

I turned my head to regard Dara, "so what's this all about?" Dara smiled before nodding at the brunette woman who took that as her cue and reached her hand across the table for me to shake. I reached over the basket of condiments and grasped her hand firmly.

"Tiffany Hwang," the woman said brightly, oozing confidence. She had something about her that made her seem really likable even though that word sent a bell ringing in the back of my mind and my mouth dropped open in surprise. No frigging way.

"B-Bom Park," I stuttered out in awe as I stared at her over our joined hands. Her lips quirked and she shook her head in amusement as she let our hands drop.

"Don't look at me like that," She chastised through a chuckle only to snort when I hastily pulled back my hand. "Anyway, my husband and I are very interested in your business," she quickly held up a placating hand to stop the protests from leaving my lips, there was no way I wanted to sell the place it was like a home away from home to me now. "We were wondering if you were interested in some financial backing so that you could expand the business to a new location in say..." She trailed off and it was only Dara's restraining hand on my shoulder that stopped me from bouncing up and down on the seat begging for her to tell me where.

"You best put her out of her misery before she wets herself." Dara chuckled as she patted me on the head in condescension. Swatting her hand away eagerly I looked at Tiffany with excitement, my knees bobbing up and down under the table.

"New York." My mouth dropped open. No frigging way. "We have contacts on the other side of the pond and my husband and I want to use your franchise for the restaurant we want to open over there. The name will still be yours but we will all be business partners, we can pay off whatever is left of your mortgage and then use the PR from this restaurant to open the one in the states." I glanced from her to Dara in awe. Dara nodded at me.

"Yes this is real and no you're not dreaming." I nodded my head numbly before looking back over to Tiffany.

"Sounds good but who would deal with it stateside? Part of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter