1

After My Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Screaming in frustration when the remote wouldn't change the channel fast enough, I threw the plastic block at the TV in the process killing both the remote and the brand new flat screen which now had a crack in the centre of the glass. Great another thing ruined I thought bitterly throwing a glance at the mantelpiece above the fireplace which held my wedding ring and my engagement ring, taunting reminders of what should have been. Sitting back on the cream sofa, I sniffled against the already damp tissue and stared blankly ahead. How can it be so great in movies and so not great in reality? In movies I would now be living the high life with my new husband instead here I am sitting on the sofa after having eaten through so many tubs of Ben and Jerry's that they should give me shares in the company for being such a loyal customer. Ok that was a bit of an exaggeration but still I ate a lot. Anyway that's not the point, I'm here, on my own in the house that was meant to be ours but now I'm here alone.

Lucky for me it was in my name as it was my inheritance and that man who was once my husband has no rights to it, not that he would try for it after what he did. I just want a divorce and to have him out of my life as soon as possible. I sat there just staring in silence at a spot just above the TV for a while just trying to figure out what went wrong, what I could possibly have done to make our marriage work, but as I looked at the screen that had been playing one of my all-time favourite movies I was disheartened. There was nothing I could have done, he made his choice and now the two of us have to live with that. Looking around the room at all of the unpacked boxes I felt my eyes well with tears. The house was meant to be a home for Jiyong and I, not just me, little Bom Park all on her own in this big house.

A house that is big enough for a family of five. I clutched onto the box of Kleenex like it was my lifeline and focused on the cracks of the TV where before 'A Moment To Remember' had been playing, for once it hadn't inspired the warm and fuzzy feelings I usually get when Jung Woo-Sung and Son Ye-Jin had the robe scene, no I just realise that no one will ever be as amazing as Jung Woo-Sung because such a guy doesn't exist in my world. No, the men I know are definitely no Jung Woo-Sung, that is one thing Jiyong helped me understand when he ran off with one of those Shot girls on our honey moon, it was undeniable now that my prince charming didn't exist and neither did fairy tales.

The tinny sound of Baby Got Back jolted me from my thoughts and a small smile appeared on my face as I grabbed my phone from the top of a box labeled Jiyong's footie stuff that I had been using for a coffee table for the past few weeks. The song was a private Joke between me and my other best friend, well only best friend now that I don't have Jiyong. She was feisty, smart with a keen business sense; she was also a fantastic cook, these were only a few ways in which I could describe Sandara Park but despite being the complete opposite of me, she was my friend through thick and thin. With a smile I placed my phone to my ear after answering the call and was instantly greeted by her familiar voice.

"Bom, I'm sending over a courier with your dress for tonight, remember to bring the box of masks, oh and I need you here at half six, the-" She cut off as there was a loud crash in the background which made me pull the phone away from my ear with a wince. I had to listen to her murmured conversation before she finally got back on the phone. I wanted to tell her I couldn't make it tonight but she just ploughed right in there.

"I gotta go, these Neanderthals are messing everything up, I'll see you tonight and you will be smiling, see you later bye!" I sat there gaping at the phone for a minute before I dropped it onto my cardboard coffee table. There was no point arguing, the two of us had spent the last years planning this day and no matter how horrible I feel I would not let it influence tonight. I sat there staring into space when the annoying doorbell began to chime, it startled me because it was the first time that it had been used since I got here, not one single person had come to call on me unless they had been invit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter