17

After My Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our homecoming was a fanfare to say the least. It felt like we had our own entourage with the four cars behind Seunghyun’s shiny new car that was big enough to fit in at least 4 other people. I was sat in the second row, one hand placed on the back of baby Gayeon’s car seat to sooth my paranoia that the seat wasn’t secured properly. I smiled at her flushed chubby cheeks. At 6lbs and 6oz, she wasn’t the largest baby in the world but she still managed to look big with her little puffed up cheeks. Seunghyun and I had only come to a decision about the name when all other names were exhausted, we all knew someone with a name that were complete buttheads so the name instantly got vetoed. I think Tiffany eventually started ripping entire pages from the book until her husband took the book from her hand while trying to smother a chuckle. The car pulled to a stop outside of the familiar front door that I had last seen when I was doing the walk of shame and fleeing before Seunghyun could wake up. Now in the light of day and no intentions to leg it down the street, I could take the house in properly. It was clear that Seunghyun had a few dollars just from the exterior and the way that every house on the street looked just as well kept suggested that this was an area that prided itself on its appearance.

Seunghyun quickly climbed out of the car and rushed around to help me get Gayeon out as our friends parked along the opposite side of the street. Taking the car seat in one hand, Seunghyun reached his hand towards me and with a smile he pulled me up onto my feet. Smiling gratefully I eyed the house. Our house – our home- looked no different than any other on the street but it still stood out for me but then again that could be the left over trauma of pushing out a baby. I allowed his firm hand around mine to pull me up to the front door where he had to let go so that he could unlock the door. Trying not to look disappointed that his hand was no longer wrapped around mine, I stepped through the door with a smile painted on my face. The house was immaculate, the scent of vanilla lingering in the air. I got the impression that someone had been around to clean but he was rich so the thought wasn’t really too far of a leap. Popping a snoozing Gayeon down onto the sofa, his hands jiggling the car seat to make sure it was secure, Seunghyun stood protectively before it as he glanced towards the door. Not even a minute later, a dozen or so people came in through the door before closing the door behind them. My brother had been and gone, work calling him in so he wasn’t able to stay and see us get settled into the house which I could tell he was annoyed at. I was just grateful that he had even been able to get away to see me at the hospital this morning considering he had been there until late the night before.

Dara came and took a seat next to Gayeon before giving Seunghyun what I assumed was meant to be a subtle nod but to me was only a glaring sign that the two of them had been plotting something. Before I could question them, Seunghyun wrapped his hand around mine and started pulling me towards the stairs. With brows furrowed I allowed him to drag me behind him while my mind wondered what he could possibly be dragging me up the stairs for. We stopped outside of a closed door and hands were swiftly placed over my eyes so that I couldn’t see. My hands moved up on instinct to pull them away but I felt Seunghyun move up behind me, his scent overwhelming me as his hot breath blew on my ear.

“I have a surprise for you so you can’t look yet.” His voice had lowered to barely more than a whisper and had my heart racing a mile a minute. I felt stupid for reacting this way but there was just something about the man that did to me what no other could. Allowing him to guide me forwards, I felt him remove one hand before I heard the sound of a door opening and the scent of new things and fresh paint hit me. I frowned for a moment, curious as to what he could possibly be showing me but I didn’t have to wait long as he nudged me a little further into the room and then removed his hands from his eyes. I blinked a few times to fully appreciate what I was seeing before tears welled up in my eyes. Seunghyun who had been chewing his bottom lip as he watched for my reaction, hopped forwards as soon as he spotted my glassy eyes and wrapped me into his arms. He t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter