Day Eight

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D I hope y'all enjoy the first update of the year!  

--

 

Monday. 

I sighed, entering the college gates, hoping I wouldn't see a certain person. 

Saturday night was when Mina finally visited me. The moment I opened my front door, she bombarded me with guilt and reasons why I shouldn't have skipped school. After thirty minutes of motherly nagging and a bucket of chocolate ice cream, Mina calmed down and told me everything I had missed. After that, I told her about how I spent my afternoon with Simon the day before. 

"He seriously likes you Rin Ae." Mina gushed. 

I sighed. "I don't know ..." 

Mina slapped my arm, hard. 

"You're an idiot you know that? If he doesn't like you, why did he stop by at your house? Why did he get jealous of a cute bag boy? Why does he want to kiss you?!" 

I groaned, throwing my hands in the air. 

"I-just-ARGH! I'm scared okay?!" I yelled out. 

"I don't want to get hurt again." I paused. "Mina it hurt so much. Daniel cheating on me hurt so freakin' much. For a while, I kept thinking, 'was it my fault he cheated? What made him go behind my back?' I wondered if I did something wrong, that it was my fault he did something like that. Then I realized that it wasn't because of me. It was cause he was a douchebag that didn't know how to act. But at the same time, I continued to think that I did something to make him do something like that." 

"Rin Ae ..." Mina's gaze softened. She grabbed my hands and squeezed it. 

"Trusting someone with your heart is a difficult thing to do, especially after what you've gone through. But if you like Simon, you'd risk it, wouldn't you? What if he's the one for you Rin Ae? What if he's the guy you're supposed to be with? What if Daniel was just a bump in your life you had to go through so you can be with Simon?" 

Tears started to well up in my eyes. 

"Don't you want to find out?" 

I bit down on my lip. 

I felt an arm wrap around my waist, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look to my left and I see Simon. 

"Good morning." He greeted with a smile.  

"Uh- morning." I replied awkwardly. 

Oddly enough, I wasn't so freaked out to see Simon. You'd think after being interrupted by my Uncle would want me to flee at the sight of him, but I wasn't. 

"When does your class start?" He asked. 

"Uhm, in thirty minutes. Why?" He was still holding onto me as we walked through the campus of my school. 

"Want to grab some coffee?" He offered. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Even if declined, you'd take me with you cause I'm your servant." 

"Slave." He corrected me. 

I glared at him. "Servant." 

"Slave." 

"Servant."

"Either way you're mine." I hadn't realized how close Simon's lips had been to my ear until I felt his warm breath tickle my skin. 

If that didn't make me want to tackle him and kiss him on the spot, I need a medal for self control. The way his voice grew husky at that last sentence almost got me to shudder in response; I freaking hate how he can affect me this way. 

"Creep." I mumbled as I looked the opposite way, trying to hide my true reaction. 

We both walked towards the small cart in the middle of the university park, where most of the students hung out during their free time. The cart sold a variety of coffees, teas, and blended drinks, as well as some baked goods. Simon and I stood in line, his arm still on my shoulders. 

Oddly enough, I felt like I was being watched. I discreetly looked around, noticing a few glares from girls sitting nearby. I looked down on the floor, staring at my grey sneakers. 

Why did he have to be popular?

"Hey, what do you want to get?" Simon asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I looked up at him and told him I wanted plain black coffee.

"Whoa, black coffee? You don't even add in sugar?" He questioned. 

"Nope. I think adding sugar and cream into coffee disrupts the natural taste of coffee."

"Yeah, the bitterness."

"I happen to like the bitterness." I crossed my arms in defiance. 

"You're strange." 

I glared at Simon, shoving his side. 

"Pushy Slave." 

"Idiot Master." 

"Uh ... what would you guys like to order?" The cashier asked, staring at the two of us weirdly. 

"Oh, uh, one black coffee and one hot tea. Both small." Simon ordered.

Simon paid for the amount as the other worker next to the cashier gave us our orders. I grabbed one of the sleeves and placed it around my cup so that my hands weren't burning as I held onto the beverage. 

We still had a while left before my first class started so we hung out at the university park. There was a bench nearby so we sat down. 

"So ..." Simon took a sip from his drink, his free hand in stuffed in his pocket.

I took a sip of my drink as well, glad that Simon let go of me once we had gotten our drinks.

"Hmm?" I looked up to meet his gaze.

Simon took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. He bit down on his lip nervously as he drummed his fingers on his drink.

"Will you go out with me?" 

My eyes grew wide. 

"H-huh?" I uttered out stupidly. 

Simon took a sip of his drink. 

"Rin Ae ... I really like you. These past few days have been great for me- no, actually, ever since the day we met. You're an amazing girl. Whenever I'm with you, I'm having the time of my life. I ... I've never felt this way towards anyone before." 

"Simon ..." 

"Wait, let me finish." He smiled. "I know you're having troubles with Daniel right now and I know I said that I'll wait for you till you've sorted things out with him but I can't help myself." 

"Simon-" 

"Just give me a chance, please?" 

I placed my drink down next to me and scooted closer to Simon. 

"If you let me finish what I was trying to say ..." I let out a chuckle. 

"Rin Ae-" 

"I like you too." I started, looking into Simon's eyes. 

"I was hesitant to own up to my feelings because I was afraid that I would be using you as a rebound but I know now that I like you for you. You've been so kind and sweet towards me since the day we met, and you've become someone important in my life as well." 

Simon's smile grew wide on his face. 

"Really?" His eyes lit up. 

I nodded my head slowly, feeling my cheeks reddening. 

"So does this mean...?" 

"What?" I looked at him curiously. 

"Are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked. 

"Y-yah! We haven't even gone on a date yet, let alone kiss!" I gasped, slapping my hands over my lips. 

I can't believe I said that out loud!

Simon's grin turned into a sly smirk. 

"So you have been wanting my kisses." His left eyebrow went up.

"N-no I haven't! Aish, Simon-" 

Simon suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Our knees were touching because we were still sitting on the bench and our faces were inches apart. 

"If you wanted a kiss, you could have just asked." He said before our lips touched. 

I could feel my face burning from the contact, HE WAS FINALLY KISSING ME! All those times we got interrupted was finally being paid off. 

His lips are so soft and smooth! 

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I felt him smirk against my lips, probably happy at the fact that I was very into our lip-lock. 

Moments later, we parted from each other, gasping for air. Our foreheads were touching as we took deep breaths. 

"What time do I pick you up tonight, girlfriend?" 

-- 

YAAAAAY ~ They're finally together! And I didn't end it as a cliffhanger (though I was going to but I felt bad if I did).