Day Two

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

I'll be updating every Thursday and Friday. (Hopefully)

--

 

"Mind telling your friend why you're hiding behind a tree? And why a scarf is wrapped around your face? In this weather?" Mina looked at me as if I were the weirdest thing she'd ever laid her eyes upon. 

"Aish! He might see you! Hide with me!" I pulled her next to me, hoping no one spotted us. 

"Seriously Rin Ae, what the hell are you doing?!" Mina glared at me. 

"If you haven't noticed, I'm hiding." I rolled my eyes at her. 

"Well, gee, of course I didn't notice that!" She slapped my arm. 

"Ow!" 

"No duh I realized! Why are you hiding and who are you hiding from?" 

I let out a sigh. 

"Obviously we know who I'm hiding from." 

Mina giggled, nodding her head. 

"Okay, true. I know its Simon but why are you?" 

"Cause ..." I bit down on my bottom lip, looking down at my feet.

"Spill! And this time, talk slowly and pause when needed." 

Before I started talking, I took a deep breath and nodded my head as I sighed. 

"Well..." I started from Simon and I shopping till the part where Simon kissed me on the nose with my Uncle staring at the two of us in shock. 

"OMO! Okay I totally understand why you're hiding." Mina nodded. 

"Yes, thank you! Now either hide with me or go away and not give my hiding spot out!" 

"Rin Ae!" I froze; I stopped pushing Mina away from me and literally stood in my spot like a statue. Even though my mind was telling me to run the hell away, I stood there like an idiot at the sound of his voice. 

Mina was staring at me, expressionless as Simon made his way towards the two of us. 

I felt his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me into his chest. 

"Hi slave." I felt my eyebrow twitch, snapping myself out of my daze. 

"Yah!" I yelled, pushing him away from me. 

"Why are you dressed up so funny today?" He said, pulling at the scarf wrapped around my face. 

I swatted his hand away and unraveled the scarf from my head. I stuffed it into my bag. 

"So ... I think I should just ... BYE!" Mina waved at the two of us beforing running into a sprint. 

I think I'll be looking for a new best friend now. 

"Hey." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Simon. 

"Yes?" 

He took a step forward, leaning his face close to mine. I felt self-concious; I looked back at his dark brown eyes nervously. 

"You're really cute." He grinned. 

My heart is going to explode in my chest in 3 ... 2 ... 

"Rin Ae!" I felt all of the fuzzy, warm emotions that Simon gave me disappear from my body. 

They were replaced with annoyance and frustration. Simon leaned back while I looked towards the person who called my name. 

Daniel Chae. 

He was walking towards my direction with Inati. Inati looked at me as if he wanted to slap the stupid out of me; probably because he's mad over the fact that Simon stole his girl back in the day and now he thinks Simon's playing me. 

"Daniel." I replied monotonously. 

He smiled cheekily; his smiles used to make my heart flutter 'cause his eye smiles were the cutest. But now, seeing his smile leaves a bitter feeling in my heart. 

I looked towards Inati and greeted him kindly. 

"Why are you guys here?" I asked, out of courtesy. 

As much as I liked Inati, he was best friends with Daniel and I hate Daniel so I have to hate Inati by default. Though I would go out of my way to treat him kinder than I would treat Daniel. 

"We're transfering here." Inati replied. 

If we weren't outside in public, I would have let my mouth drop down and laugh hysterically as if I lost my mind. But since I had a reputation (somewhat) to uphold, I kept my shock to a minimum. 

"R-really?" I stuttered. 

Please, let a hole emerge from under my feet and swallow me. 

Simon's arm s around my waist again and pulled me close. I saw Daniel's face twitch in anger.

"Babe, we're going to be late." Simon said as I looked up to meet his gaze. 

Oh crap, don't lie Rin Ae. Push him away and don't let your idiot self get caught into a web of lies. I know, its gonna be great to make it seem to Daniel that you're with Simon but be the bigger person, you can-

"Late for what?" Daniel asked, annoyed. 

Oh, you're giving attitude buddy?

"LATE FOR SOME KISSING!" I yelled out-loud, causing a few others to stare at me. 

Daniel and Inati looked at me with shocked expressions while I smiled; looking up at Simon who was staring at me with the same shocked expression as well. 

"WELL ... BYE!" I pulled Simon along with me, wishing I wasn't such an idiot. 

As we ran through some random hallway I vaugely remembered, Simon pulled me towards an empty classroom. We both took our time to catch our breaths, I fanned myself as the awkward silence began to grow. 

"So, are we gonna start on some kissing?" Simon asked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down. 

I shoved him towards a seat as he laughed at me. 

"I can't believe you said that!" He held his stomach. 

"I panicked! I say stupid things when I'm panicking!" I blushed. 

"Still, that was really out there." He replied, trying to suppress his laughter. 

"Ugh, why did they have to transfer here?" I face-palmed as I sat down on top of a desk. 

"That Daniel is really serious about winning you back, huh?" 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Chae is just pissed that something isn't going his way. As sweet as he was, he if something doesn't go his way, he does everything in his power to get it back." I bitterly explained. 

"Well he is in for a rude awakening because I'm not letting you go without a fight." Simon said proudly. 

"You say that as if we're together." I scoffed. 

"You bet your cute self we will before this month ends." 

-- 

It was five in the evening and I was still in the library studying for my Math quiz.

My professor was the type that would do quizzes before the major tests, similar to tests back in high school. I didn't mind; if the quizzes weren't thirty problems long and had a half hour time limit. The quiz was in two days and I was freaking out over one section I didn't quite understand. I asked my professor for help but I was still confused.

So that is why I'm in the library wishing I'd get this quiz over with already. 

"Hey." 

I looked up and groaned. 

"Can you stop popping into my life?" I whispered harshly. 

Daniel sat down on the chair parallel from me and smiled.

"Need help?" He ignored my comment. 

"No, I'm freakin' peachy so can you please leave me alone?" I glared at him. 

Daniel pouted. "Rin Ae ..." 

"Cut the cute act Daniel; you know we're not in good terms and ignoring the problem is not gonna help you. If you honestly believe you'll win me back by throwing yourself into my life and acting all cute is going to work, it's not. So just save yourself from wasting your time." I closed my notebook and gathered my belongings, leaving Daniel alone. 

Why do I feel so bad acting like a total ?

I shook my head, ridding my mind from my thoughts and walked out of the library and into the night. It was still before six, but it looked as if it were eight in the evening. My stomach growled, I patted it with my hand. 

"Eating out it is." I muttered under my breath. 

-- 

I decided to eat at Kyochon, a chicken restaurant a couple of blocks away from the university. The place wasn't as packed as I thought it would be but nonetheless it was busy. I sat down at an empty booth and grabbed one of the small menus provided at the table. I scanned through the menu and decided I would order a large order of their soy-garlic wings and a glass of coke. A waiter appeared, asking for my order. He jotted it down on his notepad and left right after. 

I looked around the restaurant as I waited for my meal. I noticed that most of the customers were couples, making me feel awkward to be alone. I stopped looking around and decided to play games on my phone while I waited. 

"Oppa!" I heard a girl speak in a high-tone.

I never understood why girls spoke so high; it hurt my ears to even think of the sound. I paid no attention and continued to play connect 4 against my phone. 

"Here is your meal." I looked up and saw that the waiter had brought my food and drink out. I thanked him as he placed the tray in front of me.  

"Waaaaah." I inhaled the scent of my meal and smiled. It had been a while since I ate Kyochon chicken. The waiter excused himself and went back. 

"Oppa! Can we order small? I'm on a diet." The girls then said, making me cringe. 

I looked around to see where the girl was and I almost dropped my jaw onto the table. 

Kim Hana?! SERIOUSLY?! WOW. 

Kim Hana and whoever she was with were sitting at a table on the opposite side of me. 

I didn't even get to eat one piece of chicken and my dinner is freakin' ruined! 

"Ara, ara, buy whatever." The guy replied without a care. 

I shifted my body to the right, my back facing them somewhat. I picked up a piece of chicken and began to eat, hoping I wouldn't be recognized. 

Oh yeah! My scarf! 

I quickly pulled the scarf inside my backpack and drapped it on my head, wrapping the end to the left. If I had sunglasses I'd feel more at ease but that would attract more attention so I hoped the scarf was enough. 

I took a sip of my drink and wiped my fingers onto a napkin, deciding I should leave already. Thankfully, their chicken orders were already in boxes, as well as their drinks being in paper cups. I grabbed a couple of bills from my pocket, not caring if I gave too much. I grabbed my chicken and drink after I had worn my backpack. I got up and quickly left the place, not caring if I looked extremely shady. 

I ran after I got out of the restaurant, my scarf falling onto my shoulders. After a couple of seconds, I stopped running, looking around for a vacant bench to sit and eat my food. Luckily there was a park nearby. I sat down and stuffed my scarf back into my bag. I took a long sip of my drink and opened my box of chicken. 

"Back in my day hobo's didn't look this cute." I look up to see a fairly tall man. He was bald, his arms covered with various kinds of tattoos; he was wearing a white shirt that made me believe it was painted onto his body from the tightness of the clothing, faded blue pants that had one too many holes on the left leg and a black snapback on his head. 

"Er ... I'm not a hobo." I replied, taking a bite out of my food. If I was going to get hit on, at least I'll eat. 

"The cute hobo has a cute voice too." If he thinks calling a girl a hobo will get him some, he needs to stop inhaling sharpie pens. 

"Uh, if its not much of a bother, can you leave? I kinda wanna eat in silence and ALONE." My eyes grew wide; I just said that out loud.

The man smirked at me, taking a step closer. 

"No, I don't think I'd want to leave you alone." 

I was ready to throw my soda at him when the guy suddenly stumbled back. I gasped, realizing that the guy was pulled backwards then punched in the face. Before I could react, my wrist was grabbed and I was running away. 

Man, I should consider working out, I'm losing my breath after these runs. 

We stopped in front of a random food vendor, away from where I was moments ago. 

"You okay?" I turned to see who asked me. 

"D-daniel?" I stared at him, wide-eyed. 

He let out a smile, still trying to catch his breath. 

"Hey." 

"H-how did you find me? A-and ... what?" My mouth was wide open in shock, I couldn't form questions. 

"I saw you at the restaurant earlier. You ran out." 

So he was the guy Hana was with. Figures. 

"And you left Hana alone?" 

Daniel shrugged. "She forced me to go with her." 

"Since we're already on the topic of horrible people, she was almost engaged to Simon. You should know your girlfriend is cheating on you." 

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Oh? Really? Well, cool. Must be weird hanging out with a girl you used to go out, right?" 

"Rin Ae-" 

"Well, thanks for saving me but I gotta run. I want to eat in peace so .. bye!" I ditched Daniel, running my way home. 

-- 

I opened the front door, seeing my Uncle. He was napping on the couch with his arm drapped across his eyes with the television on. I quietly made my way to the dining table and placed my box of chicken down. I threw away the now-empty drink I had into the trash can and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I made my way back to the dining table and sat down, ready to dig in. 

"Thanks for sharing." I heard my Uncle yell out. 

No one wants me to eat, huh?

"Yah, do you want some?" 

"No. I don't want any of your pity chicken." I rolled my eyes at my Uncles childishness. 

"So ..." My uncle sat up from the couch, looking towards me. 

"Hm?"

"That guy was Simon wasn't it?" I almost choked on my food. 

"Uh ... yeah ..." 

"He's good looking. I approve." He laid back down on the couch, staring into the television screen. 

"W-what? Really?" Everyone is freakin' crazy today!

"Whatever makes you happy, I'm cool with." 

"He's not even-I- okay. I'm going to join a bike gang now." I stated, eating another piece of chicken. 

"Get a tattoo while you're at it!" 

At least it's not awkward with him.