Day 0.

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

I woke up, smelling a faint scent of pancakes lingering in the air. I rubbed my eyes open and got up from my bed. I then heard sizzling noises and a familiar scent of bacon. Once I had gotten to my kitchen, I saw a familiar back. 

"Uncle!" I screamed, running towards him, hugging him tightly. 

"Rin Ae." He chuckled at my childishness, patting my head. 

"You've been gone for three months." I pouted, missing my one and only family.

"Sorry about that," He smiled awkwardly. "But don't you worry my favorite niece-"

"I'm your only niece." I corrected him. 

"Still, you're my favorite." He stuck his tongue out like a five year old. 

"You'll be seeing more of me. Seo Corp. is doing very well now so I don't have to stay in the office as much." 

My eyes lit up. 

"Really? You're gonna be home more? Yesss!" I cheered, happy he'll finally be spending more time at home. 

My uncle has been away from home for quite some time. I'm used to him being gone from the house for long periods of time, but three months was the longest he stayed out. Generally, I'd visit him in his office once in a while, but I decided not to because I figured I'd be pestering him during his work. 

"Don't count on it; you know me. I love to work." 

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. Even if he did come home, he'd still be working. 

"I know, I know. I'm just happy to see you. It's been so long! You look older. Looks like your dark circles got darker." I teased, sitting down on the dining room chair. 

He finished making the food and he set up the table already. I dug into my food and enjoyed the delicious, warm breakfast. 

"Anything interesting happen?" He asked, eating his plate of food as well. 

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat.

"You sure?" 

I nodded my head. 

"Well someone told me something interesting about last night." 

I froze; almost dropping my utensils. 

I forced myself to laugh. 

"Ha-ah, oh. That. Well ... yeah, I guess last night was interesting." Damn, I didn't think he'd hear about that fast. 

"Why didn't you tell your dearest Uncle that you'd be out to a dinner party?" 

"Well ... hahahaha ... I didn't know I was going?" I scratched my head.

Uncle gave me a 'you-better-explain-now' look. 

"There is this guy ..." 

"Does this guy have a name?" 

I sigh. "His name is Simon. He invited me for dinner and I went with him." 

"Simon? What's his last name?" 

"Park." 

My uncle's eyes grew wide. 

"Park? Simon Park? Isn't he the son of Park Inc.? He's the notorious player I've been hearing about." 

I felt my cheeks redden as I nodded. 

"You know he's a player? Rin Ae-" 

"H-he stopped being a player." 

"And you know this because ...?" 

"He told me!" 

Uncle let out a disappointed sigh. 

"I was a teenager once Rin Ae. Guys will say anything to get-" 

"OKAY DO NOT FINISH THAT SENTENCE. PLEASE." I clasped my two hands onto my ears, staring at my uncle in horror. 

He chuckled, shaking his head. 

"You are one guillable kid." 

"UNCLE! I'M NOT! We're just friends, okay? I met him at a party and he told me he was quitting the 'player slash party' life." 

"And you believe him?" Uncle arched an eyebrow. 

"Yes, I do." 

He sighed. 

"Be careful, okay? Guys like him will break your heart." 

I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"We're just friends." 

"Whatever you say~" 

I sighed, continuing to eat my breakfast.

It was useless to argue with my uncle.

We bicker like we're siblings, which surprises people to find out I'm actually his niece. Well, half-niece at least. My uncle and my father had the same father, but different mothers. My grandfather remarried after my fathers' mother died when he was fifteen. Three years after that, he remarried, which was my uncles' mother. Months after their marriage, my uncle was concieved and in the following year, he was born. People often mistake us for siblings because my uncle looks so young. 

"Well, thanks for the meal Uncle. I have to get ready now." I stood up from my seat.

"But it's a Saturday." Uncle pouted childishly. 

"Your point?" 

"You're supposed to spend it with family. And we haven't bonded in so long!" 

"Aish, fine fine. We'll bond." 

-- 

"When I agreed to 'bond' with you, it wasn't a free pass to get me into working for you." I sighed, sitting down on his sofa in his office. 

It had been two hours since we both arrived at his company's building. When Uncle said 'bonding' he really meant using me as a worker to move his office furniture around. 

"Don't you have people to do this for you?" I groaned, still lying down on the sofa. 

"Yes, and that's you." Uncle grinned typing away on his computer. 

I sat up straight and glared at him. 

"I'm leaving." I stood up from the sofa.

"Yah! Wait! I'll treat you yo lunch!" I stopped walking towards the door and looked back at my uncle. 

"Where exactly will this lunch be?" I raised my right eyebrow up, crossing my arms in front of my chest. 

"Your favorite restaurant of course." 

"And-" 

"Yes, you can buy whatever and how many dishes you want." He said monotonously, as if he already knew what I was going to say. Well, he did or he wouldn't have free manual labor.

A large smile grew upon my face. 

"Perfect." 

-- 

"I think I should invest in getting people to move my things because you're up my money dry." Uncle complained, as he stared at me in amazement. 

"I told you." I grinned as I continued to eat my favorite dish at Leon's. It's an American restaurant near my uncle's company building. I ordered the most expensive steak meal which consisted of a 16 oz. Kobe Beef steak, creamy mashed potatoes with gravy, a mountain of sweet corn, and oven-roasted vegetables.

"How's school?" He asked me.

"Hm, okay I guess." I replied as I drank my water.

The rest of lunch we both ate in silence, then talking about something random for a few moments then continuing to finish our food. 

"Dessert?" Uncle asked. 

"You're not gonna get out of this punishment easily Uncle, of course we have to order dessert!" 

"Pig." Uncle mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that. Because of that rude remark, we're buying a ton of ice cream to bring home later." Uncle groaned, looking like he wanted to bang his forehead against the table. 

The waiter walked over our table and I ordered their large chocolate cake slice. It had seven layers of cake and six layers of creamy chocolate frosting. The waiter came back with the cake and the check. He placed the plate at the middle of our table and the check to my uncle. I contained my giggling as Uncle's eyes grew wide. 

"Wow, you're really lucky we're related or I would have bailed on you." He reluctantly placed his gold credit card on top of the receipt. 

"Enjoy the cake Uncle! It's really tasty!" I said, sticking my fork into the chocolate-y goodness. 

"No, you should eat it. Gain cavities and feel pain." Uncle stuck his tongue out at me. 

"Yes, and you'll pay for the dentist bills." I stuck my tongue back out. 

He glared at me, taking his fork and poking the cake, taking a piece off. 

"Second thought, lets share." He smiled fakely, bringing the cake into his mouth. 

-- 

Uncle dropped me off at the apartment after we ate lunch. He said he had to work on a few things and we'd eat dinner. He even said he'd pick the place so I wouldn't go crazy buying expensive dishes just to spite him. 

I was lounging on the couch, watching a random channel, not really paying attention. 

The doorbell rang, causing me to stand up. I made my way to the front door, opening it. 

"Simon?" I was shocked to see him. 

"Hey slave." He greeted, letting himself in. 

"Hi-WHAT SLAVE?" I closed the door after him, watching him sit down on the couch, stealing my spot. 

"Yes, I decided I'd call you my slave from this point on." He grinned. 

"And why is that?" I crossed my arms against my chest. 

"Silly, silly Rin Ae. Did you forget about our agreement?" He raised his left eyebrow up. 

 

"It's nothing big, trust me. Just a dinner party and I'll be there with you the whole time." 

"Promise?" I asked. 

He let out a chuckle and nodded. 

"Promise." 

"What if you break your promise?" 

"Then ..." The thought about it for a while. "... I'll do anything you want for a month." He offered. 

I smiled. 

"Deal." 

"Same goes for you." He said. 

I looked at him weirdly. 

"Why would I leave your side? I wouldn't know anyone there." I crossed my arms. 

"I think it should be fair that we both get the same consequences. If you leave my side, you have to do anything I want for a month as well." 

"Hey ... wait, wait, waaait. We have to make some rules for this. We can't make a bet without any rules." 

He smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Okay fine. What are these rules." 

"Rule Number One: 'Anything' can't be just 'anything'. It has to be PG." 

He looked at me and smiled slyly, his right eyebrow raising upward. 

"Didn't know you were the erted type Rin Ae." 

"I-I'm not! I'm just saying, we have to keep it PG! And me? erted? Psh, you're the one that might take advantage of this." 

He laughed nodding his head.

"Okay fine, whatever Rin Ae. I'll let you have that. But now I can make a rule as well." 

"Go ahead." 

"Hmm ... No matter what, regardless of time and place, the loser has to go wherever the winner is. For example, if the winner tells the loser to come over at two in the morning, the loser has to come over, no questions asked." 

I scrunched up my face and nodded. 

"Fine, but it has to be a legitimate reason." 

"Nope, you just have to go. That's the point." 

I groaned. 

"Fiiine." I pouted. 

 

"... CAN WE TAKE THAT BACK?" I panicked, remembering our little 'bet'. 

"Nuh, uh. You probably only agreed to it cause you knew I'd lose." 

True, he has a point. 

"N-no! I just ... I just think we should be mature adults and not play such petty games." 

"Breaking promises isn't very 'mature'." He pouted; damn his pouts. 

I sighed. 

"I'm going to regret this for a month." His smile grew wider. 

"YAAY!" 

A month being Park Simon's slave, it doesn't sound that bad ... right?