Day One - Night

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

I figeted in my seat, wondering how I ended up dining with Simon's parents, his FIANCEE's parents, and to top it of his FIANCEE herself! Guess who the lucky girl is? THE GIRL DANIEL CHAE CHEATED ME ON WITH. 

KIM HANA. 

Oh, my life keeps getting better and better. 

 

Before we entered the Park residence ... 

Simon cleared his throat as he parked the car in the driveway of his house. 

"Uhm." He coughed out. 

"Yes?" I looked at him curiously. 

"Well..." 

"Get to the point Simon." 

"Mymomdidn'taskforyoutocomeovershetoldmetogoalonebutIdidn'twantto!" 

It took me a couple of seconds to understand his sentence, which was why it took me a full minute to punch his arm. 

"Ow!" He cried out, rubbing where I punched him. 

"Well you earned it! Now I'm going to look so rude! Ugh Simon, seriously! Stop using me as a scapegoat!" 

"Hey, hey, remember our agreement." 

"... No matter what, regardles of time and place, the loser has to go wherever the winner is." 

I glared at Simon, corssing my arms against my chest. I hate this bet to death

-- 

Once we stood in front of Simon's front door, a butler opened the door and ushered us into the house. I was too annoyed to look around; I had my arms crossed against my chest and I glared at the floor. 

"We agreed, didn't we?" I heard Simon say next to me. 

I glared up at him and let out a deep sigh. 

"Fine." I gritted through my teeth. 

I heard footsteps descend, I looked to the front and saw that Simon's mother was walking down a white, marble staircase. 

"You've brought a friend." Simon's mother stated monotonously. 

"Well .. heh, sorry Ma. Forgive me?" Simon smiled sweetly at his mother, clasping his two hands together, as if pleading himself out of this was going to help. 

She nodded her head stiffly as she got down to our level. 

"H-hello Mrs. Park." I bowed at her, feeling extremely nervous. 

If it weren't for the stupid bet, I wouldn't be in this mess. Ugh, I could feel her stares burn through my head. 

"Lets go, shall we?" She said, making her way towards the dining room, I believe. 

Simon linked his arm with mine, pulling me along with him. Honestly, I wasn't stunned by his skinship but I felt nervous because I was at his house. We entered his dining room, a large table was right in the middle of the room. Potted plants were on each corner and a large window was on the left side of the room, showing a magnificent view of their backyard. 

I looked around the table and saw Simon's father, two seemingly identical kids, a man, a woman, and-

WHAT THE ?

I stopped in my tracks, realizing who it was. Simon looked at me curiously and then looked at the direction I was staring at.

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

Hell no. 

The person I was staring at looked towards my direction and smirked. 

I will freakin' kill this bi-

"Simon? Is something the matter?" The voice of Simon's mom snapped me back into reality. 

This stupid, twisted, messed up, horrible reality. 

Simon pulled me along and we sat down at the remaining empty chairs. 

"Oh, I didn't know Simon brought a friend." The unknown woman looked at me with displeased eyes. 

"We didn't know either." Simon's mother replied emotionlessly. 

"Rin Aeah, what a surprise seeing you." 

I felt my left eyebrow twitch. 

"Ah, yes, a surprise indeed." I smiled forcefully. 

"Oh? You two girls know each other?" The unknown woman looked at me curiously. 

"Yes ... we know each other fairly well. Right Rin Ae?" Hana sweetly smiled at me. 

"Very." I replied, smiling just as sweet. 

-- 

Thoughout the whole meal, Simon kept trying to gain my attention but I was focused on trying not to attack the evil wench sitting across from me. Turns out, Hana's parents and Simon's parents want to wed the two to each other because of a business deal. Of course, Simon was against the idea of marrying Hana but surprisingly, Hana wanted the wedding to happen. 

"Hana's a sweet girl Simon." 

Sweet my . 

"She's very kind and very intelligent." 

Oh man, your parents do not know your true self, you scum road-

"Rin Ae, are you alright?" Simon's mother asked me. 

I looked up from my plate and changed my facial expression. 

"Oh, uhm, y-yes." I smiled sheepishly. 

I heard Hana stifle a laugh, I held onto the arm rest of my chair. 

"I don't see why you would want to oppose on this deal Simon. You and Hana would make a fantastic couple!" Hana's mother beamed at her daughter. 

I wanted to vomit.

I don't think I could sit watching this any longer. 

"May I please be excused? I don't know how to word this any other way but I'm afraid I can't sit here listening to this bull any longer." 

Hana's mother gasped in disgust. 

"Excuse me?" Hana's mother stood up from her seat. 

"Quite frankly, I don't think you know your daughter that well, considering you don't know she's a fiancee stealing ." I threw my napkin onto my plate and bowed towards Simon's parents. 

"I'm sorry for causing a scene, but I don't think Simon deserves to marry someone who ruins relationships. I'll be taking my leave." 

I didn't bother to look back; as much as I wanted to see Hana's reaction, I'd rather bathe in toilet water than see her face ever again. I grabbed the knob of the door when a hand pulled me back.

"Hey wait." It was Simon. 

I turned to see his face. 

"I'll give you a ride home." 

--

The car ride was awkward, for the lack of a better term. 

I focused my attention outside the window; watching the lights fly past me.

I thought after ending things with Daniel I'd never have to see that person ever again. But you know me, I have great luck

"I know this is going to be out of place and you might probably want to punch me in the face right after, but thanks." Simon broke the silence. 

I looked up at him, staring at him weirdly. 

I let out a laugh, finding it easy to let go of my anger. 

Simon looked at me and flashed a smile before averting his attention back on the road. 

Minutes later, he parked in front of my apartment. I saw that the lights were on; Uncle was home. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car quickly. Simon did the same and the two of us made our way to my front door. 

"Thanks for dropping me home." 

"It's no problem." 

Awkward silence. 

"And uhm ... Simon, thanks for today. Minus the dinner, I had a really good time." I felt my cheeks heat up. 

"No problem." He shoved his hands into his pockets.

I cleared my throat and nodded. 

"Goodnight." 

I got out my keys from my pocket and entered one through the key hole. 

"Wait Rin Ae-" Simon pulled my arm towards him. 

I turned my head and gasped. 

The front door opened, letting the light flood out into the dark night.

From my peripheral vision I could see my uncle staring at me in horror with his hands covering his mouth. Why was he doing that?

BECAUSE

SIMON PARK WAS KISSING ME ON THE NOSE.