Day One

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

"HAHHAHAHA!" 

"Stop." 

"AHHAHAHHAHAHAH!" 

"Mina ..." 

"HAHAHHA OH MY GOSH AHAHHAAH!" 

"If you don't quit laughing this second ..." 

"AHAHAHAH I CAN'T BREATHE OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE SO DUMB!" Mina wiped a tear coming out of her eyes due to laughing so hard. 

"Thanks for the support Mina, I knew I could count on you. You're such a reliable friend." I sarcastically said, rolling my eyes. 

"Don't get mad at me for laughing at you. You're the one who lost the bet." 

"Yup, you're the greatest friend." I crossed my arms. 

"Yah! You have to admit, its funny." She nudged my arm. 

"Funny?! I have to be this guys servant for a month!" 

"And you say like its a bad thing." 

"It is!" 

"Well has he asked you to do any servant duties?" 

"... No." 

"Has he done anything that should be considered bad?" 

"... No." 

"Then why are you complaining?!" 

"Cause he calls me 'slave'!" I whined, flailing my arms around. 

"SERIOUSLY? 'SLAVE'? HAHAHAHA MAN RIN AE, THIS IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME." Mina clapped, still laughing at me. 

"Clearly, I asked the wrong person to help me." 

"Well .. you guys DID make an agreement. If either of you left each other alone, you will pay the consequences." Mina looked at me with a serious expression. 

"But-" 

"Hey, no buts!" 

"Is it my fault that Daniel was gonna be there?" 

"You didn't have to leave Simon alone." 

"But I needed to talk to him so he can leave me alone!" 

"You could have done that with Simon by your side." 

"It's a personal matter." 

"And that is why you lost." 

I glared at my friend, wanting to throw my couch cushions at her. 

"You love being on Simon's side, huh?" 

Mina grinned, nodding her head. 

"Of course! This is an amazing feat! Seo Rin Ae a servant!" 

Just then, the doorbell rang. Mina and I looked at each other simultaneously and I sank into my couch. Uncle wouldn't be home this early and it was a Wednesday afternoon. It could only be one person. 

"I'LL GET IT!" Mina yelled, happily skipping to the door. 

There was no use in stopping her from opening the door. I grabbed the nearest couch cushion and pressed it against my face, yelling silently. 

I heard footsteps walking towards me so I looked up from the couch cushion pressed on my face. 

"Look who it is!" Mina was grinning from ear to ear, enjoying my misery. 

I glared at Mina and Simon, getting up from my seat. 

"What do you want?" I muttered, crossing my arms. 

"Is that a way to greet your master?" Simon faked looking shocked. 

I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to glare. 

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I have to teach my servant some manners." Simon nodded his head, tapping his pointer finger on his jaw. 

Mina nodded in agreement. 

"Since you two do have important 'Master and servant' matters to attend to, I'll be leaving." Mina waved farewell to the both of us and quickly ran out the door. 

Simon draped his arm over my shoulders, pulling me to his side. 

"Well slave, I'm hungry. Go make me food." 

I so badly wanted to shove him against the wall and throw endless amounts of pillows at him, but I prevented myself from doing so. I nodded stiffly and walked to the kitchen.

I'm too annoyed and lazy to fix him a proper meal, so I decided to make him a sandwich. I grabbed the bread from the counter and some ham, cheese, and mayo from the fridge. I also took a small plate from the cupboards so that it'll look somewhat presentable. I placed one slice of bread onto the plate and smeared some mayo on it with a knife. I piled a couple of pieces of ham and cheese and added some more mayo before topping it off with the other slice of bread. 

I walked back into the living room with the sandwich. Simon was lying down on his side on the couch with his left elbow propped up on the arm of the couch. 

"Here's your food." I mumbled under my breath, holding the plate out directly to his face. 

He sat up, grabbed the plate and grinned at me like a child. 

"Wow, you must have broke your back making this. I love the effort in creating this slave." He said sarcastically before taking a large bite out of the sandwich. 

I bit my bottom lip and tried to smile sweetly at him. 

"Enjoy." I said through my gritted teeth.

"Come here slave, no need to sit so far from me!" He said, patting the empty space next to him. 

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him. 

"I'm such a kind master, you know? Letting my servant watch tv with me." He said as he took another bite. 

What happened to the cute guy trying to get me to go out with him? I thought. What a lie. This guy is a big barrell of lies. Stupid, lame, lame, lame, lame, LAME!

"Hey, is your stomach okay? Your face is making these weird expressions." 

That's it! 

"YOU EAT YOUR CRUDDY SANDWICH AND GO!" I yelled, standing up from the couch. 

Simon looked up at me in amazement, surprised I screamed at him.

"Whoa, you need to chill." He pulled me down to his side, making me sit next to him once again.

"Okay, since I'm a cool guy, I'll take you out today. No need to be grumpy, servant." He patted my head like a five year old.

--

"Argh, stop walking so fast!" I cried out, carrying three bags of clothes in each of my hands while catching up to Simon as he walked into another store in the mall. 

Simon ignored my call and browsed through the store we just entered. I sat down on one of the chairs the store provided and tried to catch my breath. I scanned the room and saw it was another high end store for men. I looked at the bags he made me carry and whistled. 

These must have cost him extremely pretty pennies. 

Sure, my uncle became a very successful company owner and with that, we are ridiculously well off. But since we did start off as a middle class family, I never sought the need to buy crazy amount of expensive things, though of course, I'm human, I do splurge when it came to electronics. Though for clothes and other necessities, I liked buying them reasonably priced. 

"So, why are you buying so many things?" I asked Simon once he came back from the cashier with another bag. 

He shrugged his shoulders and gave me the bag to hold. I glared at him and took it unwillingly. 

"Crazy." I mumbled under my breath. 

"They're birthday presents for my friends." I looked up at him, surprised. 

"Wow, to be a friend of Park Simon is great. Man, if this is how you treat your friends, imagine your girlfriend." I nodded my head in awe keeping my gaze forward. 

"I'd give her the world." I stopped in my tracks.

I looked at Simon who had both of his hands pressed against his mouth, his eyes wide open. 

"Oh, uh. Well," I coughed awkwardly, "T-thats really sweet." I nodded my head again, trying to escape the awkwardness.

He cleared his throat and walked faster, leaving me to follow behind him.

I felt my cheeks burning.

Why did he have to say that?!

And why am I so affected?

Oh Rin Ae you totally know why! Ugh, I can't believe I'm arguing with myself! 

"Hey." I snapped out of my thoughts and realized Simon had stopped walking and turned around, causing me to crash into his chest. 

"S-sorry!" I yelpled, pushing myself off of him, with much difficulty due to the bags I was holding. 

"W-we should take a break." He said. 

I nodded my head. 

"Lets go to the food court." 

Before he led the way, he grabbed the bags in my left hand and stalked away. I was stunned for a moment but I snapped out of my daze and followed him. 

He spotted an empty table and placed the bags in one of the empty chairs. I did the same and sat down on the chair parallel from him. 

"You hungry?" He asked me. 

I shook my head no and darted my eyes around the mall. He nodded and sunk down on the back of his chair. 

"Aw man." I gasped. 

Simon looked towards the direction I was staring and looked back at me. 

I spotted Daniel out of the crowd with the girl he cheated on me with. 

The nerve of that guy! He asked for another chance and he goes out with her?!

I felt the anger consume my body; I was trying so hard not to breathe loudly but I couldn't control myself. My hands balled into tight fists, I could feel my whole body shake. 

"Rin Ae ..." Simon grabbed my wrist and looked at me with concern. 

His eyes pleaded me to prevent myself from doing something stupid and slowly, I calmed down. 

I bit down on my bottom lip, I could feel tears form at the corners of my eyes. 

Before I could do anything else, I felt Simon yank me up from my seat. He pulled me along, leaving all of the things he had just bought. We both ran in the mall. I probably looked incredibly crazy due to the tears spilling from my cheeks but at this point I didn't care. 

We ran outside of the mall and into the park connecting the mall. We were both gasping for air. 

"Si-" He pulled me into him, my cheek against his strong chest.

"He's not here. You can cry." He told me, his strong arms holding me. 

One second, I'm gasping for air, and the next, I'm crying into Simon's chest. 

It felt so nice letting all of those emotions out; I didn't realize how much I was holding onto the fact that I shouldn't cry over him. I really shouldn't.

I held onto Simon's shirt, possibly ruining it with my tears but he can scold me for that later. 

"T-thank you." I said between the hiccups. 

"I'm here for you." He said, hugging me tighter. 

I felt a sharp pang in my heart. I'm such a burden to him. 

I let go of his shirt and looked up at Simon. He stared back at me with worried eyes. 

"I-I ... I'm sorry." I looked down, making me hit my forehead onto Simon's chest. 

"Hey, look at me." He placed two fingers under my chin and lifted my head up. 

"Why are you sorry?" He smiled brightly at me. 

"I'm troubling you with my crappy problems. Here I am crying for another guy when you have feelings for me. I know this is bothering you and yet here I am, ruining your shirt with my tears." 

He let out a chuckle and patted my head, messing up my bangs. 

"You're not a burden. Sure, that Daniel guy bugs me but who is with the look at it this way; who has the girl in his arms and who doesn't? From what I see, I'm winning, even if you're still thinking about him. I don't know much about first loves and all that, but I do know it takes time to get over things." He paused. "And one thing you should know about me is that I'm a very patient guy." 

He wiped the tears from my face. 

"He'll be nothing but a insignificant memory in the long run." He leaned his face closer to mine. 

"And I'll be the one by your side, creating memories to replace the old ones."