Day One - Afternoon

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

Sorry for the late update! TT TT I promise updates will be more frequent soon. Winter break is in a few weeks so I'll have more time to write ^^. I hope you all enjoy!

--

 

"Hey ..." I looked up at Simon who was taking a bite out of his ice cream. 

"Hmm?" He averted his attention towards me. 

After I cried, Simon took me to a nearby ice cream shop and bought me an ice cream cone. He picked out chocolate while I picked out vanilla. Thoughout the whole time, we were holding hands. 

And maybe, sorta, kinda, I didn't notice. Maybe

"Where are all your bags?" My eyes grew wide. 

"WE LEFT THEM AT THE FOOD COURT!" I broke out into a run but before I could even move, Simon pulled me back.

I looked at him, surprised. 

"It's okay." He shrugged his shoulders, continuing to eat his ice cream normally. 

"B-but those were expensive ..." I mumbled out, pressing the ice cream onto my lips.

"Don't worry, it's fine." He reassured me. 

I pouted my bottom lip up and nodded my head, still feeling guilty. Simon noticed my expression and squeezed my hand. 

"I'll get them something else. Just think about it this way. Whoever finds the clothes will get free stuff." I cracked a smile at his interpretation of the situation and nodded my head. 

"So ... where are we going now?" I asked him, noticing the sky turning orange, indicating the sun was setting. 

"Hmm ... you hungry?" He asked. 

I looked at him weirdly, waving my hand that held the ice cream cone. He chuckled. 

"Okay fine, that was a stupid question." He said, taking a bite from his cone; he had already finished all of the ice cream. 

"What about a movie?" I suggested. 

"Hm, that's a good idea. Maybe after we can have dinner?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes. 

I nodded my head meekly, trying to battle the butterflies in my stomach. 

-- 

"Are we seriously watching this?" I looked at the movie tickets nervously. 

"You didn't want to watch the others, and this was the only movie closest to our time." 

"You're not just saying that, right? Simon, if this is your way to get me screaming in fear so you can hold me in your arms for the whole two hours, your player game seriously ." 

He pulled me into his chest, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"I don't need a measly movie to get you into my arms, I can do that without batting an eye." 

I glared at him, pushing him away from my body. 

We were standing in line to buy popcorn and drinks. 

"Since you're my servant, you'll pay." Simon said. 

"What-I-" I rolled my eyes. "Fine." 

I ordered a medium sized bucket of popcorn and two medium sized drinks. 

"Wait, no. Make it one large drink." Simon said, startling the cashier. 

I glared at him. 

"What? You'll save money." He shrugged his shoulders. 

He's probably trying to get me to kiss him indirectly ... Creep.

"Will that be all?" The cashier asked. 

"Yup." 

I paid for the amount and Simon carried the bucket and held onto the drink as we walked into the theatre. There weren't many people sitting so we got good seats which were located in the middle of the theatre. 

"I wish I hadn't agreed to this." I mumbled under my breath. 

I hated scary movies. I could handle watching gory films but supernatural films where scary beings popping out of nowhere scared the crap out of me. The last time I watched a scary movie in the theatres I was screaming so loud I didn't realize I was the only one screaming. What made it worse was that every time I yelled in fear, the people in the theatre were laughing at me. 

Simon noticed me being quiet so he nudged my side, offering me some popcorn. 

"Don't worry so much; its just a movie." He smiled sweetly at me. 

I glared at him. 

-- 

"AHHHHHHHH!" 

"DON'T GO IN THERE! ARE YOU STUPID? DON'T GO IN THERE!" 

You'd be expecting that to be me, correct? Sadly no, I'm not the one screaming for my life inside a theatre. 

You guess it. Simon is screaming like a madman at the screen. 

"OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? OH MY GOD. OH MY OH MY OH MY AHHHHHH!" Simon clinged onto my arm, hiding his face in my shoulder. 

At first I thought the film was going to be scary; it looked so disturbing in the movie poster. It started out scary, I swear, I felt myself sweat out of fear but the feeling disappeared from my body when I heard a high-pitched, blood-curdling scream from my side. I thought it was a teenage girl that screamed but it was Simon. I fought back the urge to laugh at his face because he looked so scared. Though I'm still human, I did let out a few snickers, hoping he didn't see. 

Luckily, the movie was about to end so Simon managed to stop screaming like a hyena. 

I was biting down on my lip as the credits passed, Simon cleared his throat and took a sip from our half empty drink. 

"So, did you have fun?" I asked him casually. 

He coughed, nodding his head. 

"Uh, y-y-yeah." 

I grabbed the empty popcorn bucket from the floor, as well as the drink from the cupholder. We both stood up, Simon was looking down at his feet, embarrassed if people realized he was the screaming maniac in the theatre. 

I threw away the popcorn and drink into the trash can and we both walked out. 

"Oh my gosh, did you hear that screaming idiot?" One girl exclaimed. 

"I know! I couldn't stay scared cause of their screaming!" Another girl nodded her head in agreement. 

"Whoever that was, oh gosh!" The two girls laughed as they exited the building. 

I looked up at Simon who had a pinkish tint on his cheeks; he was blushing. 

I had the strongest urge to pinch his cheeks, he's so freakin' adorable! 

He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him. 

"Whoa!" I let out, following his quick steps. 

The two of us walked out of the movie theatre without a second to spare; Simon must have felt the need to leave that place immediately before we heard any other commentors. 

We were walking through a crowd when I bumped into someone. 

"S-sorry!" I apologized. 

"No, its fine- Rin Ae?" I looked at who I bumped into and saw the familiar face of Inati, one of Daniel's best friends. 

"I-Inati oppa ..." Inati was the first person I met after I became friends with Daniel back then. Daniel told me that he and Inati had been neighbors when they were younger but Inati and his family had to move to New Zealand. Once Inati was sixteen, he moved back on his own, living with his grandparents. Inati is older than Daniel and I so we both looked up to him like an older brother. 

"Rin Ae-" Simon stood next to me as Inati stared at the both of us, looking at me,then looking at Simon, then back at me. 

"Inati oppa, this is Simon. Simon, this is Inati." I quickly introduced them to each other. 

"Oh, we know each other." I saw Inati's eyebrow twitch. 

"I-I see. Uhm, well, i-it's nice seeing you oppa!" I felt the awkward tension begin so I pulled Simon with me, walking the opposite direction of Inati. 

Once we were far away from the crowd and where the three of us had that awkward situation, I sat Simon down on a bench. 

"What was that?" I asked him straightforwardly. 

He took a deep sigh and stuck his hands into his pant pockets.

"You know." He shrugged. 

"Know what?"

"My life before." 

My face fell. I forgot.

"Oh." I stifly nodded, fighting the urge to punch his face. Of course, something like this would happen. After all, he did have that lifestyle back then, his actions would have consequences. 

I looked down at my hands and fidgeted. I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid of what I would say. I'm not his girlfriend, why am I feeling like I had been betrayed then?! Rin Ae, get it together.

"Hey." I flinched at his touch. 

"You know I'm not like that anymore." 

"I-I know." I didn't want to look at him in the eye. 

Really Simon? Are you really making me feel like a stupid, jealous teenager now?

"Rin Ae." He tilted my chin up, forcing me to meet his eyes. 

I stared into his deep brown eyes, all of those negative feelings fleeing my body. His eyes looked so sincere and kind; as if they were telling me not to worry about it. I felt my cheeks redden. 

"You trust me right?"

I bit down on my bottom lip and nodded slowly. 

He leaned forward, pulling my face forward to meet his. I let him bring me forward, even when my head was screaming at me to pull away from him. Our lips were inches away, I could feel his breath. I closed my eyes, feeling the presence of his lips against mine. 

-RIIIIIIIIIIIIING!- 

I opened my eyes, meeting Simon's shocked gaze. I quickly scooted away from him, looking the other way as he picked up his phone call. 

"Hello?" He answered.

I didn't bother to pay attention to his phone call, I had other things to deal with. 

LIKE THE TWO OF US ALMOST KISSING! WHAT WAS I DOING?! OH MAN, WE WERE SO CLOSE! SO SO SO SO SO VERY CLOSE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I CAN'T EVEN-

"Hey." Simon snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Uh, hey back?" I replied awkwardly. I wanted to slam myself against a tree for replying so stupidly. 

He looked at me weirdly and stifled a chuckle. 

"That was my mom. She told me I had to come home as soon as possible." He scratched the side of his head. 

"Oh, okay. I see."  I replied, standing up. 

"She wants you to come with me." 

"No you don't have to drop me off- I MEAN WHAT?" I stared at him, surprised.