Day Five

Simon Says (Sequel to Creeper Stare)

Skipping school is bad, I know. 

But since I was in college, I didn't really see the 'consequences' of skipping two days of lectures when all I really had to do what show up, though some of the classes did ask for attendance. 

Still, I didn't care. Kinda. 

I knew it was childish of me to hide from my problems, but I needed some time alone to recollect my thoughts and sort out my feelings. Daniel Chae popping out of nowhere is seriously frustrating me. One, because I would like to never see him ever again. Of course, who the hell would want to see their ex-fiancee slash best friend after a nasty break up like that? Two, because, well ... because seeing him reminds me of all the pain I had to go through. And the third reason is because he's supposed to be the bad guy! 

What kind of horrible cheater would go out of their way and try to fix things? 

Daniel Chae is supposed to be the loser who cheats on me and realizes he made a mistake by doing so and tries to get me back ... ah.

Well still. I don't care. I'll get to the point in the story where I'll find another guy and show Daniel that I'm better off without him. Oh, I sorta am. 

My phone beeped for the fifth time after it just had turned three in the afternoon. I looked at my phone to see who it was and it was Mina. It was the twenty-third text I had gotten from her this whole day. 

First, they were questions asking where I was and why I wasn't there the day before. Then the next five texts were about how Simon and Daniel were both looking for me and the rest of the texts were about how she'll kill me once she's done with her classes. I remembered her last class wasn't until five so I wasn't that scared. 

"Rin Ae~" My uncle sang from the living room. 

I got up from my bed and out of my room. 

"Yeah?" 

My uncle was standing in front of the door, his back turned. I walked closer and noticed that the door was open and that he was talking to someone. 

"Look who is visiting!" My eyes grew wide. Simon. 

"Ugh, why are you here?" I groaned, walking back to my room. 

Simon pouted. "I was getting worried." 

My heart softened at his reason but I shook my head and continued to walk away. 

"I'll be back home at 7!" My uncle yelled out, soon after I heard the front door close. 

Footsteps were right behind me, letting me know Simon was still inside my house. As I walked into my room, I didn't bother closing the door knowing Simon would be following close behind. 

"Wow your room is pretty nice." I heard him say as I grabbed my laptop from my bed, placing it on my lap as I sat on the edge of my bed. 

"Thanks ..." I muttered, looking at my laptops' screen. 

"Why were you gone for two days?" He asked, leaning against my door. 

I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Is it because of me?" He asked. 

I looked up from my computer screen and let out a scoff. 

"Hah, no." I rolled my eyes and averted my attention back to my laptop. 

Since I didn't go to my classes, Mina has been keeping me up to date with assignments, though I already knew them from the syllabus my professors gave me beforeheand. I was typing up my finishing sentences for an essay for my English class. 

"Then is it about Daniel?" My fingers stopped typing. 

I cleared my throat and continued to type as if I didn't hear him say that name. 

"I'm right aren't I?" 

"If you already knew, why are you even asking in the first place?" I replied back, not looking at him. 

"Wouldn't it be better if you let it all out?" 

"I already did a long time ago." 

"Then why are you acting like this?" 

"Cause I can." 

"Immature." 

"Cocky." 

"Childish." 

"erted." 

"Lame." 

"Yah I'm not lame!" I cried out, looking up at his face. He had a sly smirk as he looked at me triumphantly. 

"Ugh, if you're done annoying me, you can let yourself out of my house." I groaned, saving my work on my laptop, then closing it. 

I stood up from my bed and grabbed my phone on my desk, as well as my wallet. 

"You going somewhere?" He asked, standing up straight. 

"Yeah, away from you." I replied coolly as I left my room. 

"Take me with you!" 

-- 

"Oo, you should buy this!" Simon tossed a bag of chips into the cart. 

"This too!" He tossed another bag of whatever it was. 

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him as he pushed the cart filled with most of the things he randomly grabbed from shelves. 

I decided to go grocery shopping due to the fact that my house was low on food, as well as other necessities like paper towels. Simon of course tagged along, annoying me to the max as we made our way in the building. 

"Know that you're going to pay for those things." I grumpily said. 

"Silly, you're the one paying for it. Remember, sla-" 

"OKAY OKAY." I said loudly, stopping him from saying that word. 

We were in public and there were old ladies around. I didn't want them to misunderstand anything. 

After a few more bags of junk food and some vegetables later, we lined up at the cash register. As I placed the items on the conveyor belt, I grew annoyed at all the junk food Simon picked out. 

"Really? Do you really want to buy five flavors of the same chip brand?" 

"I like variety." He pouted like a five year old. 

The cashier rung up all of the items, letting me know the grand total after. Luckily, most of the chips Simon chose were cheap, so the amount I had to pay wasn't too crazy. The bag boy placed all of the items into the shopping cart, giving me a smile. 

"Here you go Noona!" 

"Thank you." I smiled back, wanting to pinch his cheeks. 

Simon lightly shoved me out of the way, his one hand grabbing the handle of the cart and the other grabbing my wrist. 

"Hey!" I cried out as we left the building. 

Simon parked the shopping cart where they were supposed to be placed and grabbed all of the bags with one hand, the other still tightly wrapped around my wrist. 

"What gives?" I whined, trying to pull out of his grasp. 

"He was flirting with you." Simon said bluntly. 

"So? He's cute!" 

"So you like them young? He looked fifteen!" 

"Why do you care? We're not together!" 

"You're my slave, and since I'm your master, I forbid you to date anyone." 

"The hell? Seriously Simon? SERIOUSLY?" 

The two of us stopped walking on the sidewalk. Simone turned around and gave me a nasty glare. 

"Does this face look like its kidding?" 

I groaned, wanting to slap his face. 

"You're such a child." I muttered. 

The two of us walked in silence until we reached my house. I grabbed my keys from my pocket, Simon let go of my wrist as I opened the door. We both entered, Simon walking towards the kitchen to place all of the bags on the counter. He still didn't talk to me as I began to place the items we bought to where they should be. Simon sat down on the couch in the living room, turning on the television. 

Ok wow, don't help me then.

It took me at least ten minutes to organize everything and fold the plastic bags so we could reuse them as trash bags in the future. I got out of the kitchen and saw that Simon was on the couch, sleeping. 

My lips formed a smile, seeing how his head was cocked to the side, his left hand holding onto the remote. This guy is something. 

I walked quietly towards him, careful with my steps so I didn't wake him and sat down next to him. Simon stirred in his sleep, his eye still shut. I froze in my seat, hoping he wouldn't wake up. He mumbled incoherent words and leaned towards me, his head resting on my shoulder. 

I swear my heartbeat grew louder, I was so afraid he'd wake up from the noise. I took silent deep breaths, hoping he didn't wake up even more. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on my chest, failing miserably at steadying my breathing. 

Thanks for giving me heart problems Simon. 

"Rin Ae ..." I heard him whisper. 

He's awake?!

I began to scoot away from him but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back into place. 

He hugged my arm, his chin resting upon my shoulder. 

"Can I nap for a while?" He smiled charmingly. 

My cheeks were burning right now due to the amount of skinship he was doing. I nodded.

"Can you be my pillow?" He pouted his bottom lip out, his eyes wide. 

How can I resist?!

"Uh s-sure ..." I bit down on my lip. 

He grinned, thanking me quietly as he rested his head on my lap, his face towards the television.

I sat in silence, watching the television absentmindedly. 

"Rin Ae?" Simon called out to me softly. 

"Hmm?"

He turned his body so he was facing up at me. He reached out for my face, his hand cupping my left cheek. He faintly smiled. 

"He doesn't deserve an ounce of your thoughts." 

"I-I know..." 

He pushed his body up slightly, his elbows propping him up. His face was inches away from mine. 

"If I kissed you right now, would you kiss me back?"