Tokyo Trains of Thought

Dooley on Tour
'Hello and welcome to Sakura Hotel. This is your wake-up call for eleven am. You may have breakfast at the buffet room downstairs in the hall. Thankyou,' Gyu Won heard on the hotel phone.

She stretched her arms out and smiled, still half-asleep, at the rays of sunlight spilling through the open curtains of the hotel room.

They had arrived late last night in Japan and gone to bed son after checking in the hotel room, so had slept in but eleven was the latest they could do. Japan concert was tonight so they had to rehearse during the day. Also, they were leaving for Shanghai tomorrow morning, so wanted to explore Japan today as well, if time allowed.

Gyu Won looked at the red digits on the bedside clock. Eighth of July, eleven ten. Today was important, for more than one reason. She wondered if Shin would remember.

A knock echoed of the door. 'Unnies! Bo Eun! Hurry, we have to rehearse today,' Gyu Won heard Joon Hee call.

'I'm coming, Joon Joon, just...' Bo Eun suddenly stopped and smiled shyly at Gyu Won and Rosie who were looking at her with widened eyes. '... just coming now!' she continued to call out before whispering an embarrassed explanation 'Just a pet name.' and running out the door to meet 'Joon Joon'.

Shin was waiting there too. 'Come on honey,' he said with a playful grin. Gyu Won blushed but went to leave for breakfast and slipped her hand into his. She wondered if he was calling her that because he remembered what today was or just as a joke from last night.

A few years ago, she thought her boyfriend of today was rude and arrogant. A few years ago, he had slammed a door in her face. Maybe he would just remember the more important date, their anniversary, which would be in a few months, rather than this trivial day which was somehow ingrained as a significant day in Gyu Won's mind.