Loud Cheers and City Lights

Dooley on Tour

The applause and cheers were almost deafening. The five ecstatic members of The Grads basked in the star experience for the second time. They had just finished their last song on Rosie's schedule. Shin stepped forward, as Rosie had assigned him to give a concluding speech.

He stopped about a metre ahead of the other members who were still with their instruments, and the audience quietened abruptly.

'Thank-you everyone for coming out to see us today. Arigatoo!'

Here, giggles ripped across the audience.

'We have thoroughly enjoyed our second leg of the world tour and just like it felt in Seoul, it is a little sad to be ending the Tokyo concert.'

Bursts of cheers again.

'But, it isn't ending yet! Thank-you for coming and I hope you enjoy this next song. Gyu Won,' he looked towards her lovingly, 'This one, is for you.'

He quietly picked up his guitar, sat on a stool and began finger-picking.

Looking at you now, I remember the time we first met

This day a couple years ago, in the rain at the door

Now look how far we've come, from neighbours to lovers

I want you to know today...

That I love you.

 

The crowd broke out into applause at the instrumental break and a tear slid down Gyu Won's cheeks. So he did remember.

 

The song continued and soon the rest of the band joined in with various parts. 'They must have all planned this beforehand!' Gyu Won realised as a smile spread across her face. Soon, the song ended and Shin reached out to hold her hand.

'I love you, Gyu Won,' he said as he pulled her closer. 'Happy anniversary.' He leaned in and kissed her and the crowd began to cheer again. The curtains closed and they parted lips slowly.

'I love you too,' Gyu Won whispered with a smile.

Shin stood up and pulled her away to the stage exit and suddenly, Gyu Won realised the rest of the band members were gone. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. 'Tonight is just for you two. Cuties!' read Bo Eun's text message.

Gyu Won walked hand in hand with Shin to a bike outside and Shin handed her a helmet. When she began to question where the bike came from, he put his fingers to his lips. 'It was all planned. Just enjoy it,' he said with a grin. So Gyu Won put on the helmet and stepped onto the bike, wrapping her arms around his waist.

They rode off into the city for a night exploring the warm and busy streets of Tokyo together, happy to be together with the white speckles of bright city lights all around.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! This chapter and the last was a response to a request  for more dooley moments. Thanks for the suggestion and I hope you liked what I did in response to it! I've never said this before but just letting all readers know, I welcome plot suggestions and requests, happy to write more dooley moments etc. No guarantee of fulfilling suggestions and requests though, just consideration but I'm not narrow-minded about where the plot goes. :)