Butterflies in the Stomach

Dooley on Tour

Shin's eyes widened as he drew closer to the dining hall. He knew they offered a breakfast buffet but this was beyond his expectations. There were sausages and breads and bacon and hashbrowns and fruits and cereals and muesli bars and soups...

'Eggs: hard-boiled, soft-boiled, poached, scrambled, sunny-side up...' Gyu Won murmured as she read a label to herself. Whoa. She had never been to a hotel before, let alone a five-star breakfast buffet. Let the unique experiences begin, she thought. This will be part of the first Tokyo diary entry for sure!

Just as Gyu Won was about to eat the last apple piece on her plate, a hand reached out and grabbed it, as quick as a fox. 'Lee Shin!' she cried. He smirked at her and gave it back to her, which she gladly received and popped into . Shin, you wouldn't normally give it back to me, do you know, by any chance? she thought as her mood lifted a little.

Nope, nup, nah, no, she answered herself throughout the rehearsals during the day. He doesn't know a thing about it. She didn't mind much. It was just the day they had first met. She realised she was overblowing it. It wasn't like it was they had become a couple on the first day of meeting. It wasn't an anniversary. They weren't even friends on that day.

By the time it was time for the concert, it was out of her mind. She was first on stage. They were going to start with a small acapella solo by Gyu Won and the rest of the band would join in one by one, in the original song they had composed just for the tour - a welcoming introduction. Following that, they would perform a few covers, their latest original song and to end, their most popular original song 'Graduates'. The schedule list and song lyrics ran through her mind, like credits at the end of a movie. There was so much to remember. The nerves. The nerves!

'Curtains up in twenty!' Ok Gyu Won, it's starting.

'NINETEEN!' You'll be fine.

'EIGHTEEN!' Hopefully your voice won't break. '

'SEVENTEEN!' But what if it does?! What will I do?

'SIXTEEN!' Don't start freaking out now, Gyu Won, you can do this! Yes I can, yes I can!

'FIVETEEN!' Eottoke! I can't do this!'

'FOURTE-' Gyu Won felt a hand slip into hers and squeeze it and turned to face Shin.

'Gyu Won, you can do it. I trust you... and I love you,' Shin whispered as he smiled and gently kissed her forehead.

'FIVE!' She smiled back at him. I love you too, she mouthed back with a smile before facing the stage and closing her eyes to ready herself.

'ONE!' The curtains moved apart smoothly to reveal the black audience, dotted with glowsticks. Here we go. Gyu Won thought to herself and parted her lips to sing, with Shin in the sidewings smiling at her encouragingly the whole time.

I'm so glad I met Shin all those years ago on this day. she thought as she sang happily out to the cheering audience.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow, subscribers nearing a hundred, awesome! i know it's not a lot, relative to others, but it is a lot to me, so i want to say thank-you to the subscribers and for the feedback!! i hope you liked this chapter, I know it's short but i need to spend time on work and other things too. hope you enjoyed~