[Chapter 8] The Family That Once Became A Stranger

[ON-HIATUS/EDITING] When Fahrenheit Meets Super Junior

C H A P T E R  E I G H T
The Family That Once Became A Stranger


The Liu family was respectable and influential family of all in Taiwan. The Liu couple owns a huge company that specializes in fashion and arts. The fruit of their marriage gave them five wonderful children: Chun, Jiro, Calvin, Aaron and Jeanne. Chun was set to become the heir of the company while the four remains to be stockholders.

One unfateful night in November, Mr. and Mrs. Liu had a fight that caused the children to be mentally and psychologically disturbed.

"I said let me go, Jay!" Mrs. Liu's wail was loud and almost ground-shaking. It woke up the kids from their humble room.

"Not until you apologize Lucy!" Mr. Liu's voice echoed, making Jeanne wake up from her slumber. Aaron sensed his little sister's feeling, ran to her side and hugged her tight. At the early age of 5, Aaron became Jeanne's big brother and protector. Because of Chun's, Jiro's and Calvin's schedules, Aaron was left to take good care of little Jeanne. They only had a year or two age difference which made Jeanne grow closer to him.

"Gege, will mama and baba be okay?" Jeanne's subtle voice asked him. Aaron frowned but tried his best to calm his little sister down.

"Shi, Jeanne. They'll be fine. I promise."

But everything got worse.

An hour later Mr. Liu barged into the siblings' room and dragged Jeanne's fragile arms away from Aaron's.

"Baba! What are you doing?!" Chun asked as he ran beside his father, eyes starting to tear up. Calvin and Jiro stayed behind, watching their father rampage through their neatly piled clothes.

"Jeanne let's go. Let's leave this house," Mr. Liu hurriedly said as he ransacked the little one's bed. He grabbed the pink baggage and stuffed in all of her clothes.

"Baba! Where are we going?" Jeanne's voice was so gentle that the boys knew she doesn't know anything.

"Yah! Kim Jaejoon! Get out of this house right now! Stay away from my sons!"

"Your sons?! They're also mine!"

"NO! AND I WOULDN'T LET YOU TAKE JEANNE AWAY FROM ME!" Mr. and Mrs. Liu's voice roared as Mr. Liu ransacked their bedroom and stuffed in all of his clothes in his gray and black baggages.

Jeanne held onto Aaron's hand, "Don't let me go gege... please..." She was already choking from all the tears. She had experienced enough and she wanted everything to stop.

Chun, Jiro and Calvin barricaded the two, making them spies as they watch in horror how Mr. Liu violently screams while Mrs. Liu started to throw things.

As Mr. Liu arrived at the siblings' room again, he dragged Jeanne's arm from the boys. "Jeanne let's go. Let's leave this hell."

"But-but-- Aaron gege! Chun gege--"

"Leave them alone!" Mr. Liu's voice almost broke, his tears already choking him. The boys started to cry and watched their father hug them together, "Be good boys to mama okay? Baba and Jeanne will be going. Please, stay strong for baba, okay?"

"Take us with you baba! Please!"

"Don't leave us!!!"

"Don't take Jeanne away from us baba!"

Endless whimpers and cries echoed in the four walls of the bedroom. Mr. Liu carried Jeanne with one hand and their baggages in the other. Mrs. Liu was still shouting madly at them, and as the left the residence Mrs. Liu locked the doors and cried silently.


Mrs. Liu stepped out of the house with boxes of unknown items in it. Chun, Jiro, Calvin and Aaron - now on their 10s - watched as their mother throw it down on the ground.

"What's this?" Calvin asked as he stepped forward, opening the boxes.

"Our family photos. I decided to burn these together with some of Jeanne's and your father's memories," Mrs. Liu answered sadly, wiping her sweat.

Jiro's ears perked up, "You don't need to do this mama! You could've just kept these! These are all priceless!"

"I know Liu Jiro, but please. Mama needs to move on, and so do you. We have to forget them, xing?" Mrs. Liu's voice was pleading, but Aaron was not pleased.

"Mom, what you're doing is too foolish. I don't accept this," he answered so sternly that he walked back from the house, almost crying. As he reached their room, he rummaged through his stack of clothes and saw the family picture he kept. He liked the picture so much -- the background displays a wide blue ocean with Jeanne in the middle, Calvin and Aaron on her either sides, Jiro and Chun on their sides and their parents. It was their family vacation at the edge of Taiwan.

He cried silently as he clutched onto it. While outside, the boys helpessly and hopelessly watched as the pictures were burnt


The Liu brothers entered the entertainment business as Fahrenheit. They changed their surnames from Liu to different surnames in order to conceal their real identities - Liu Chun used his other foreign surname Wu, Jiro used Wang, Calvin used Chen and Aaron changed to Yan, even if it was painful to his part.

On their debut, Jiro was curious, "Chun gege, why did you use Wu?"

Chun only smiled. Their mother haven't told them his story. Everyone back then was so curious why Chun doesn't look like a pure Taiwanese.

"Mama got pregnant with his foreign boyfriend while they were in Brunei - before she met baba in Korea. Grandpa and Grandma demanded her boyfriend to get married to her but he refused. One day, when grandpa and mama decided to visit the guy's house, they learned that they already left, much to grandpa's dismay."

Jiro, Calvin and Aaron just nodded. They just realized that Chun is not really their brother, just a half-brother but they still loved him dearly.


Aaaaand I'm back! Sorry for the loooong wait guys! I decided to update this after picking up my new poster for this story. And yes I'll be doing some major revisions in this story. I hope you still like WFMSJ! I know you guys waited for this and I also waited for this too soooo here's an update!

I won't be doing some updates for now because I'm a graduating student and please do wish me luck!

Anyways, I hope you like the update! It may be confusing at first but don't worry. :)

Love always, LoveTwentyFour.