[Chapter 1] It's Time For Me To Know What?

[ON-HIATUS/EDITING] When Fahrenheit Meets Super Junior

C H A P T E R  O N E
It's Time For Me To Know What?

 

Kim Jung-hye's P.O.V.

I lazily woke up when my alarm clock rang. Why would I wake up in this time around? Yeah, I have to study.

My name is Kim Jung-hye, but my friends would call me by my English name, Jeanne. I use my Korean name whenever I'm in Seoul, since my father is half-Filipino and half-Korean.

I lost contact with my mother at the age of 3. Papa told me that they had a terrible fight, which led me to live in the Philippines. He would tell anything further about it, but I'm hoping that he'll forget her since I want to see my mother again.

I'm currently a college student, studying in the field of Medicine in a private, Catholic university. I'm also the president of the Student Council, representative in intercollegiate competitions, and a member of the school choir. I can also play volleyball, golf, chess and table tennis.

But there was one thing that haunts me. Something that I want to know.

Who is my mom? Do I have any siblings?

I was about to go to sleep again when my father crept up inside my room. "Good morning Jeanne," he greeted me. I groaned in disbelief. "Ugh," I greeted back, annoyed as I groaned.

Dad tugged me out of bed, and pushed me towards my closet. "Papa, you don't need to push me. I can walk!" I whined. My dad laughed, and left me alone. "Get dress, Jeanne. You'll be late," he informed me. I nodded, then he left.

I decided to turn on the television, and tune it to some worldwide news since I'm so sick of hearing local news.

Scary news gives me the shivers.

Luckily, the news landed to some showbiz and then it tuned in to a famous Taiwanese boyband.

Fahrenheit.

They were holding a press conference in Taiwan. I turned up the volume so I could listen while preparing my clothes. Just then the news headline screamed as I turned around.

FAHRENHEIT IN SEARCH OF THEIR YOUNGEST SIBLING

Okay, this is awkward. Fahrenheit is a famous quartet boyband in Taiwan. I know them since the three members, Wu Chun, Jiro Wang and Calvin Chen, starred in several dramas, like Hana Kimi and When Love Walked In.

I thought they are different from each other, but I just realized they're siblings. Oh Shisus, what's happening to the world?

Just then, the leader of Fahrenheit, Wu Chun, answered the media's questions.

Mr. Wu Chun, is it true that you are siblings?
Yes, it's true. We used different surnames in order to hide it from the public.

Is it also true that you have a long-lost sister?
Yes, and her name is Liu Jeanne.

I stood in front of the television: shocked, surprised, startles. Is this a dream or what? Am I really Fahrenheit's long-lost sister?

"APPA!!" I shouted outside of my room, making my father run upstairs. "What is it dear?" he asked, tired from running up the stairs. "Appa, is this true?" I asked hin, pointint to the news about the Taiwanese boyband's announcement.

My father was stunned as I was, and he collapsed from the place he was standing. Does he know anything about this?

"Pa?" I called out to my father, snapping him out of his hallucinations. He blinked several times, then looked at me. "Pa, what's happening?" I asked him, scared but at the same time curious about the truth.

He took at deep breath, and he let out a deep sigh. "Jeanne, it's time for you to know," he told me. To know what? What's going on?

"Huh?" I asked, blinking several times. "Jeanne, Fahrenheit is your long-lost brothers. We left them because I can't stand being with your mother. Your mother called me when you were 16, telling me that I should tell you this. I told her I wouldn't tell it to you, because she wants you to return to Taiwan and live with them. I refuse to, because you are still studying and I can't lose you," he stopped, wiping his tears.

I hugged him tight, and kissed his cheek. "Pa, it's okay. Now that I know the truth, I'll be in the news later," I said sarcastically. He patted my head and chuckled.

"Go take a bath now, Jeanne. The media might see you going to school. Ride the car as fast as you can, and drive, arasso?" he told me. I nodded, and hugged him tight. "Thanks appa. Saranghae," I mumbled. "Nado saranghae, my dear," he replied.

I quickly took a bath, changed my clothes, eat my breakfast, brush my teeth, and fix my things. When I was about to go, I bid my father goodbye. "Take care Dad. I don't want you to be seen in the headlines also," I reminded him. He laughed, and I hugged him tight.

As I stepped ot of the house, the paparazzi and the media started to take pictures of me in my uniform. I had to get pass the media before they would follow me around the University.

"Please, one more shot Ms. Kim!"
"She's going! She's going!"
"Let's follow her!"

I walked fast, passing them but they would follow me. I quickly rode my car, and drive away from them. I have got to stay away from the paparazzi.

As I was outside of the media, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered, looking at the road while driving.

"Jeanne! Why didn't you tell me that Fahrenheit are your brothers?!" the voice said, practically shouting. It was my best friend, Marielle.

"Sheesh. I thought it was something else," I said, sarcastically.

"Stop saying that Jeanne. You are so lucky you have them as your siblings," she said happily. Just then, I realized that I was almost near the school, and there are so many media around it.

"Shoot anonymous. I have to go. Media has followed me, bye," I said and quickly hung up. I immediately looked for a parking space where no one could see it. I stepped out of the car, and luckily there was no media around. I walked quickly, until I reached the building where I study.

The media was not around when I entered the building, and luckily people around me still doesn't know about my new-found celebrity life. I just wanted to be a simple girl, with no one around the world know me.

As I enter the room, my classmates looked at me.

"YAH! Why didn't you tell me, Jung-hye?" one of my classmates exclaimed.

"You are so freaking famous now, Jeanne! What are you going to do?" my other best friend asked.

I just kept quiet and walked away from them. I just don't want to be the center-of-attention just because of this.

 

 

I wonder if my brothers found me already.