[Chapter 2] Where In The World Will I Find Her?

[ON-HIATUS/EDITING] When Fahrenheit Meets Super Junior

C H A P T E R  T W O
Where In The World Will I Find Her?

 

Wu Chun's P.O.V.

I quietly packed my things and headed for the door. I didn't inform my younger borthers since they'll keep on insisting me to come with me. It's late in the evening, and some of them are already asleep.

I crept quietly past their room, tiptoeing and wishing not to wake them up. Things are going fine when a door creeked open.

Shoot. It's Aaron.

"Gege, where are you going?" he asked me, whispering. I shurrged, then walked away from him. "Gege," he called out, "I'm going to the Philippines."

I froze. Is he joking? Seriously? He's going to follow me. I have to look for her fast, so she can be free from the media surrounding her. But the two of  us looking for her, there'll be overload media.

"Oh, okay," I simply answered. He looked at me, confused and reading something in my mind. "What?" I asked him, snapping him out of reality.

"Gege, are you going to the Philippines also?" he asked me. What will I answered? It's obvious that I already have my bags and I'm already dressed up. What am I supposed to say to my younger brother? I can't lie.

I have to tell him the truth. I nodded, then he dashed inside the room. What in the world will he do? Just then, he placed his bags outside his room and stepped out fully dressed.

"I'm going with you," he said sternly. Who could ever resist my youngest brother? I sighed, then nudged my head, signalling for him to go with me.

He crept behind me, hoping that our other brothers wouldn't wake up. Luckily, we managed to go outisde and made our way to the airport. A taxi passed by and immediately we rode it.

"The airport, please," I ordered. The driver nodded, and drove us away from our home. I have to look for her, but where should I start? Looking outside the taxi's window, Taipei is peaceful and its city lights are the only thing that dominated.

In matter of minutes, we were already at the airport. I immediately bought tickets for the both of us, and sat on the waiting area. We waited, until it announced that our flight is ready.

Calling all passengers from Taipei to Manila, calling all passengers from Taipei to Manila, please board in gate 2 now. Thank you.

Aaron stood up, followed by me. I was so sleepy, since we left house late in the evening. I should've left tomorrow morning, but it's better if I immediately leave the house so Jeanne can avoid the media.

"Gege, I'm so sleepy," he said as he sat on the window side of the airplane. I placed our bags on top, and sat down beside him. "Then sleep," I insisted. He nodded, then immediately leaned by the window.

 

It was a long ride, from the quiet streets of Taipei to the bright lights of Manila. The street lights were bright even though we're above it. I started to get nervous, since this was one unexpecting trip. What would the media say?

After 1 hour, we landed safely in Manila. I quicly stood up and pulled my bag above me. I woke up Aaron beside me, and he also immediately got his bag from the cabin. Luckily, others didn't recognize us so it was easy to pass the immigration lane.

Warm air greeted us as we stepped outside the airport. Vehicles passing by through and fro, passengers going in and out of the airport's doors, relatives waving goodbye and greeting their loved ones. It's not like what you see in Taiwan.

To tell you the truth, I've been studying the Filipino language, before Aaron could find out about Jeanne's identity. I thought that I should be prepared whenever these things happen, and fortunately, I've been prepared enough.

A taxi parked in front of us, and we quickly rode it. It's almost dawn, and I have to get some sleep. What time is it anyways?

I looked at Aaron, who was sleeping soundly again. I hope getting a room in the hotel will be easy, since it's July and kids are now in school. I just learned from my reliable source that Jeanne (or Jung-Hye in her Korean name) is now a 3rd year college student. I feel so happy for my angel.

We arrived at the closest hotel we found: the Manila Peninsula. We quickly checked in, in order for the employees not completely recognize us. Thank God they just thought that we're look-a-likes.

"Gege?" Aaron called out as we both entered the elevator. "Mm?" I answered. This is the first time that he spoke after we left Taiwan. He was so sleepy that he almost fell down from where he was standing in the elevator.

"Tomorrow, let's sleep more. I'm still having jetlag," he yawned. I nodded, and stepped outside of the elevator. The floor we stopped to was super fancy, and it was so quiet that you could only hear a single pin drop.

I looked for our room, which is really hard since almost all of the door are similar to each other. Gaaah! I thought, this is tiring!

Luckily, when I was about to explode, I just saw our room. "Oh, here's our room now," I said. Room 509, perfect.

I slipped the key into the knob, and turned it. Inside was fancy, the chandelier lights, two fluffy and big beds, a mini-living room for the guests, and a grand bathroom just like the bathroom in a hotel in Macau.

Aaron quickly looked for his shirt and shorts, and dashed inside the bathroom. The little kid wants to sleep, and it's already 2am as I looked at the clock for goodness' sakes.

I sat on the bed and opened my laptop to search for Jeanne in the interent. Some of her friends are my friends, and I think just because I added them does mean I'm a roleplayer. People nowadays.

I then saw the profile picture she used. She had grown so much, and I could almost still recognize the feautres she have from us. It's almost like she's our girl version. Her Chinese-like eyes, her fair complexion, her brownish hair.

Her posts are mostly about her obsession over a Korean boyband, which is Super Junior. I heard that group, I thought as I looked at it. Two of its members are my friends, namely Han Geng and Zhou Mi.

She lives in the largest city in the region. I was so eager and excited to see her now, but I have to calm myself down a bit. I have to get some shut-eye and calm my anxious nerves.

 

The alarm clock rang so loudly that I almost smashed it into pieces. Gaaaaaaah, I violently thought as I stood up from my soft bed, never set up your alarm too early. I lazily stood up and picked comfortable clothes I should wear for the hot weather of the tropical country.

Aaron then woke up earlier than me and he's already wearing his casual clothes: a black shirt, blue pants, white Converse shoes, a pair of sunglasses and a Fedora hat. "Gege, let's go!" he chirped. I groaned in frustration. Why does he need to wake up extra early? He told me last night that he wants to sleep longer because he has jetlag, but now, HE'S FREAKING AWAKE. I mean, IT'S ONLY 7 IN THE MORNING!

I dragged myself towards the closet, picking clothes for me to wear today. I ended up picking a white shirt, black pants, black Converse shoes and a pair of sunglasses. I entered the bathroom, dragging myself again.

"Gege! Let's go!" Aaron shouted from outside, making me groan louder. "Yeah, I'm coming!" I yelled back. I started to curse under my breath as I step out of the bathroom.

Aaron smirked as he saw me out of the bathroom. He smiled as he handed me my bag. "Let's go gege! Jeanne will leave their house by 9, and we have to hurry!" Aaron reminded me. I groaned.

I'll be meeting you again, my dear Jeanne.