Be Brave, Do Kyungsoo

With a little twist of Magic

 

“It’s time to go home, Kyungsoo Hyung” Jongin badgering his friend’s small body as he whining, begging for his friend to go home with him already.

“You could go first. I still have some homework to do” Kyungsoo told his best friend, shooing the younger one to go home without him.

“It’s not a homework if you’re doing it at the library! Homework should just be done at home, Hyung!”

 

Jongin keeps on badgering Kyungsoo, making him irritated with his whining and bothering and annoyance.

“Hurry up Hyung, pack your belongings! I want to go home with you” Kyungsoo sighed just to hear the younger doesn’t put off the annoyance.

“It’s in the library, Jongin-ah. Don’t be too noisy”

 

“But, Hyung! I want to go home with you” Kyungsoo closed his book rather loudly that most of the occupants of the library turns their head to the two.

“Ssh, Jongin-ah. You don’t want your boyfriend to hear about this. Now, go home already. Baekhyunnie Hyung have been waiting for you” Kyungsoo points to his other best friend who’s waiting for his boyfriend on the gate of the library.

 

Jongin turns to the direction of Kyungsoo’s finger and met eyes with his boyfriend thus he sent a quick smile to the older one, which was replied by a wave and also a smile by Baekhyun.

“Hyung, do you want to stay late because of that guy?” Jongin finally asked while pointing his thumb towards the librarian; Oh Sehun. Kyungsoo who always seems to be calm is now stuttering towards Jongin’s both words and action.

“Wh-what are you talking of, Jongin-ah?”

 

“Oh come on, Kyungsoo Hyung. Just admit it already, you’re-“ Kyungsoo immediately closed Jongin’s mouth with one of his hands.

“No, Jongin. No. Now just go away. Baekhyun Hyung has been waiting for you” He shooed the younger away, in which he got a ‘sheesh’ and a glare from the younger one before Jongin finally went leaving Kyungsoo.

“Bye Hyung. See you later”

 

“Eung.” A short respond as always, Kyungsoo never wants to be cold or what, but he had a principle that he believes it is always better to be silent than to be talkative in approaching a new acquaintance. And so here Kyungsoo is, queuing after carefully picking some of literature books he’s going to borrow.

“Next, please” The librarian boy said coldly.

 

“Hello” Kyungsoo said quite boldly.

“Ah, Kyungsoo Hyung. Hello” Sehun greets the older, smiling to none other than Kyungsoo. It was always rare for Oh Sehun to smile, but whenever it is for Kyungsoo, he always shows his best smile.

“So you want to borrow these all?” Sehun asked as he was checking the books Kyungsoo is going to borrow.

Whoa, literature books. So thick!” Sehun exclaims, as a Senior High student who is also a part-timer librarian he occasionally sees a book this thick. And Kyungsoo was going to borrow three of them.

 

“Yes, college requirements” Kyungsoo said, he pretends to be cool in front of Sehun despites he’s just a music faculty college student. Well, what musical faculty’s student would be doing with all of these literature books? His act is of course, making Sehun stunned in awe for a moment, adoring Kyungsoo as his ideal type of brother, or someone more than that.

 

“Here you go, Hyung.” Sehun said while handling those books over to Kyungsoo so that Kyungsoo could just go home.

“Hyung, good luck with your college! Fighting!” Sehun cheers on Kyungsoo cutely. Kyungsoo never fails to be fluttered whenever he saw the younger’s smile.

“Thank you, and you too” He said and he walks away, smiling like a derp without Sehun’s knowledge.

 

“Jongin-ah, Baekhyun Hyung. Today is the day when he firstly cheering on me.” Kyungsoo said, dancing around their shared apartment while holding a calendar full of his own handwritings. Baekhyun snatched the calendar from Kyungsoo’s hands just to see many ‘Sehun’ words in the calendar.

“Hmm, let me see”

 

“First day Sehun’s hands brushed mine. First day Sehun smiles to me. First day Sehun calls my name. Sehun this, Sehun that. Etc. Etc.” Baekhyun reads over the calendar page.

“What is this, Kyungsoo? You look like a freaking stalker. Not just a stalker, a freaking stalker!” Baekhyun exclaimed to his dismay of his best friend’s behavior.

 

“And you know Hyung, he still denies that he’s a gay!” Jongin adds oil to the fire, which receives Kyungsoo’s deadly glare, of course.

“I’m not a gay, Jongin-ah. It’s just… I adore him!” Kyungsoo made up an excuse, Baekhyun shaking his head lightly to his best friend’s lame excuse.

“I too adore Jongin more than anyone, so that doesn’t make me a gay then” Baekhyun’s statement receives a standing ovation from Jongin who’s satisfied with the word ‘I adore Jongin more than anyone’.

 

“Hyung! It’s different with you two!” Kyungsoo confronted Baekhyun, Jongin was trying to open his mouth to protests but he was being turned down by Baekhyun’s glare. “You two are abnormal!”

This time Kyungsoo have crossed the line, he was getting too emotional that tons of lies could come out of that plump lips of his. Baekhyun and Jongin was both shocked at Kyungsoo’s accusation, Baekhyun’s glare was now being replaced by a disappointed look, while Jongin’s expression is… not less pitied than Baekhyun’s.

 

“I-I…” Kyungsoo stuttered to see his best friends’ expression, realizing that he has gone way too far this time.

“Let’s go, Jongin” Baekhyun stood up just to unconsciously stomp his way out of the apartment.

“Wh-where are we going, Hyung?” “This person here needs to cool down his head” Baekhyun said rather coldly, sends shiver down Kyungsoo’s spine.

 

Then he immediately walks away; he doesn’t even wait for either Kyungsoo’s reply or Jongin’s. It was now Jongin’s turn to stood up, ready to calm down his boyfriend who was going outside earlier. Before he went outside, he looks back once again to his best friend.

“Hyung, think over it again. You’re just a gay for Sehun, you don’t feel that way through any other boy, don’t you?” Kyungsoo shook his head, still doesn’t want to admit he is gay.

 

Be brave, Hyung! Accept yourself!” Jongin encourages his friend, but what Kyungsoo did?

“Get out! I’m not gay, okay?! You two are gay!” Kyungsoo shouts back, indeed he is being a coward to accept his ual preference. Jongin let out a long, heavy sigh before he slammed the apartment door and go out.

 

The moment he was left alone, Kyungsoo’s tense in his shoulder wears off, and he slid himself in the couch, lying limply.

“Shoot, Kyungsoo. You’re in the urge of breaking your own friendship!” Kyungsoo curses himself. “Why am I being like this?”

 

“Why he is being like this, Hyung?!” Jongin raised his volume as he and his boyfriend drinks some coffee in the coffee shop.

“He’s even being disrespectful to you” Jongin pouts while Baekhyun calmly put down the cup of coffee he has been drinking, and looks right into Jongin’s eyes.

 

“Thanks for your concern, Jonginnie… But listen, please don’t be mad at him, okay?” Jongin was shocked to hear Baekhyun’s reply, as the first person to go out of the apartment is Baekhyun.

“But Hyung, you sounded angrier than me”

“It’s intentional.” Now, Jongin was even shocker than ever.

“Bu-but… Why?”

 

“I want to give him a lesson, Jongin-ah” Baekhyun reaches for his coffee once again, take a sip of it before he continues his sentence.

“He needs to fight for himself, fight for who he really is. Kyungsoo is being blinded by his pride” Baekhyun stares rather gloomily to his own coffee, Jongin blinks in disbelief.

 

“Hyung… Do you act like that too before you confessed to me?” Jongin ask to his boyfriend. Baekhyun in the other side of the table put on a smile, a warm smile that could be shown only to Jongin and Jongin himself.

“I… was.”

“A-are you regretting your choice? To life… abnormally?” Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh before he reaches Jongin’s hands to hold them gently.

 

“That’s why I ask you to be cool, don’t mad or don’t try to overthink it. I never regret my decision. If there is anything to regret, is that I regret about why didn’t I met you earlier?” Baekhyun’s words are full of sincerity that Jongin couldn’t help but to be flushed red by his words.

 

“I’ve won over my own war, and now it’s Kyungsoo’s turn to win his war.” Baekhyun smiles, rubbing Jongin’s hands gently, staring at how beautiful Jongin’s skin tone is, in which he and Kyungsoo have some kind of argumentation about his skin tone. Baekhyun think it was dark enough, and it’s y, but Kyungsoo never want to admit it, saying that Jongin’s skin tone is just fine.

 

“But I see struggles in him, Baekhyun hyung” Jongin seems to be concerned at how his best friend is able to win over his own war, moreover his enemy is, none other than, himself. Baekhyun exhales, he grabs Jongin’s hand even tighter, and it sends a jolt to Jongin’s self.

I have you, Jongin. It’s because I have you, I could win.” Jongin blushes again to his boyfriend’s cheesy lines.

 

“Aish, you’re always so cheesy, Hyung”

“But it’s true. Thanks to you, I could win over myself.” Baekhyun said with so much sincerity shown in his eyes as he sees right through his boyfriend.

“It is now Kyungsoo’s turn, and he should found his own motivation to win over himself.”

 

Jongin sees the true determination in Baekhyun’s eyes, he adores that eyes so much that he could just remember his boyfriend’s eye structure, eye lashes, eyeballs, and all of his eyes’ features.

“I’m glad I have you” With that, Baekhyun brings Jongin’s hands toward his cheek, brushing Jongin’s hands gently towards his cheeks.

 

So Kyungsoo-ya, I’m sorry if I have to be harsh to you…’ Baekhyun thought to himself. ‘It’s your turn to win over yourself... I hope you have your own motivation, just like I have Jongin by my side

 


 

little Kaibaek moments here~ ><

and well, Chanyeol is not yet arrived yet from his magic world lol

so... yeah, it's just an intro and apparently I could update this today

and I will work hard to update it again on maybe tomorrow or Friday (or maybe both) ^^

seems I've managed it to push harder on my efforts yayy :D

thanks for commenting and subscribing!

I love each of you and your comments guys :*