Chapter Nine

Fishy Hae must die!

Hae ran downstairs to the living room where Hyuk and Min were sitting on the couch.

'Hi guys!' He greeted them with a wide grin.

'Hi Hae!' Min smiled back. Hyuk stared at the fish and frowned.

'I'll get you something to drink and then we can go upstairs.' Hae said. He avoided eye contact as he ran to the kitchen.

'How weird, he seems perfectly fine.' Min whispered to Hyuk.

Hae ran back with the drinks and handed them over. He lead them to his room.

'So what do you guys want to do?' Hae said all chirpy.

'Min, go home.' Hyuk said calmly.

'What?' Min looked confused.

'Oh don't be silly, Min can play with us.'  Hae said.

'Min, get out, now.' Hyuk's voice was dark. Min looked into his friend's eyes and froze.

'I'll see you later, Hae.' Min said and took off.

Hae's bedroom was filled with silence.

'So...' Hae wanted to start the conversation.

'Shut up.' Hyuk snapped.

Hae kept smiling. 'What's wrong?'

Hyuk got up and slowly walked over to Hae. 'You tell me.'

Hae was still focussing on a spot right above Hyuk's shoulder. 'Nothing's wrong.'

'Then why won't you look at me?' Hyuk said.

'I am looking at you.' Hae whispered.

'You are a lot of things Lee Donghae but usually you are not a liar' Hyuk yelled.

Hae was startled and their eyes locked. Hyuk gasped. Hae's eyes were...empty.

Hyuk couldn't stand it anymore. He pressed the younger to the door with his arm against his throat.

'Answer me! What is wrong with you?' Hyuk said.

'Hyukjae.' Donghae said.

'DON'T CALL ME THAT!' Hyuk felt like crying. Something was seriously wrong with the younger.

'Don't worry, hyung. I'll make sure we'll move.'

Hyung? Now Hyuk was crying. 'Move? What do you mean?'

'I'll tell mum I don't want to live here anymore, I want to live somewhere else, go to another school.' Hae said calmly.

'I-Is that what you want?' Hyuk asked.

'Yes.'

Hyuk let go, pushed Hae away from the door and ran off.

 

It was the middle of the night. Hyuk was staring at the ceiling, lost in thought. Suddenly his door opened. He froze and quickly closed his eyes.

Someone approached his bed and stood still. Hyuk almost screamed when he felt a hand on his cheek.

'Hyukkie.'

It was Donghae? Hyuk kept pretending to be asleep. He felt the other crawl into bed with him. An arm s under his to land on his chest. Hae's head leaned on his shoulder.

'It's good that you are asleep, Hyukkie, otherwhise I wouldn't dare to say anything.' Hae whispered.

Then there was a bit of silence. Say what? Hyuk's heart was pounding so fast he was afraid Hae would figure out he was faking his sleep.

'Hyukkie, I'm so sorry.' It was obvious that Hae was crying. His voice was all broken up.

'I'm so sorry I am a burden to you, a pest, something annoying. I was selfish, just playing with you, talking with you, standing next to you made me so happy. I never thought you didn't like me.'

Hyuk felt his heart drop. He wanted to speak up but his throat was closed.

'I'll convince mummy to move. So you can be free, Hyukkie.'

Hae cuddled him tight and Hyuk felt a soft peck on his cheek.

Hae crawled back out of the bed.

'I love you, Hyukkie.' Hae ran out leaving the monkey in a mess.