Chapter Five

Fishy Hae must die!

'Donghae, come over tomorrow noon for a movie.' Hyuk said with a fake smile.

Hae's eyes were shining and he couldn't stop smiling. 'Ok Hyukkie!! What movie are we watching?'

Hyuk shared a look with KyuMin and smirked 'Finding Nemo!'

Hae froze, his little heart could barely grasp the invitation and then...Nemo.

'I'll ask mum to make us those chocolate pancakes you like so much' Hyuk added.

Hae jumped up and launched himself at Hyuk. He hugged him super tight and whispered 'Thank you Hyukkie, I love you so so much.'

Hyuk stiffened and patted the boy's head awkwardly.

 

It was saturday and Hae had spend the entire morning in front of the huge grandmother clock in his living room. His mummy had told him the big arrow needed to pass the top 4 times before he could go to Hyukkie. So far it passed 3 times.

'We'll have so much fun!' He whispered excited to his plush monkey. His legs crossed, his elbows leaning on his little knees and his hands cupping his face. Eyes never leaving the clock.

 

'Ahhh Donghae, you little cutie pie.' Huyk's mum pinched his cheeks. 'Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Hyukjae are already inside.'

Hae bowed to the auntie, gave her the wild flower he just picked and ran inside.

'Hyukkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!'

The three other boys turned around.

'I brought you your favourite!' Hae handed over a strawberry milk. 'I didn't know what you guys liked so you can choose between strawberry milk, apple juice or orange juice.' He said to KyuMin.

They picked a drink a bit reluctant. Hae really was kinda sweet.

'Does your mum know you brought all of these?' Min asked.

'Yes, I bought them myself from the money I got for my birthday. Mummy helped me in the shop.' Hae beamed.

'Boys let's have some pancakes first then I'll leave you alone to watch the movie in Hyukjae's room.' Hyuk's mum said.

'This is like the best pancake I ever had!' Hae said with a grin, chocolate smeared all over his chin and cheeks.

'You sure are a messy eater' Hyuk mumbled, munching on his strawberry one.

 

'Oh Donghae, my finding Nemo dvd is broken, we'll watch something else.' Hyuk said.

Hae pouted for a second but then smiled 'Sure, Hyukkie!'

They were all in Hyuk's room on his bed. Donghae saw Min shiver.

'Do you want a blankie, Minnie hyung? Hae asked.

'Sure' Min said.

Hyuk looked angry. 'Why do you call him hyung?'

'He's way older than me, he's like almost 7' Donghae said innocently.

'I'm older than you too, punk' Hyuk said.

'But you are Hyukkie' Hae whispered.

'Whatever, let's just watch the movie'.

 

At the start, all was fine. The movie showed a beautiful forest.

Hae was lightly leaning on Hyuk. He was too big for an afternoon nap but still he felt his eyes slowly closing.

Suddenly a scream came from the tv. Hae's eyes shot open and he looked at the screen in horror. A high pitched sound left his mouth. The three other boys looked at him.

'What's the matter, Donghae?' Hyuk asked

'I-is t-this a h-horror m-m-movie?' He stuttered.

'Yes, it's about ghosts.' Hyuk smirked 'Why? Don't tell me you can't watch this? I only like big boys that can watch movies with me.' He threatened.

Hae's eyes widened as he looked at the one he adored. 'You will be my bestest friend if I watch this?' He whispered.

'Well, I would eat lunch with you now and then if you can handle this.' Hyuk said.

Hae turned to the tv and forced himself to watch the movie. It was really scary and he cried now and then but he kept his back stiff and his eyes on the screen.

'Minnie?' Kyu whined softly.

'What?'

'C-can I hold your hand?'

Min snapped his head at the younger. Kyu was very pale and his bottom lip was trembling.

'Are you scared, Kyu?' Min's voice was laced with disbelief. Cho Kyuhyun, evil genius, was afraid?

Kyu didn't answer, he just grabbed Min's hand tight.

Hae saw Kyu's scared eyes. The movie must be almost over but Kyu really looked awful. Hae bit his lip.

'Hyukkie?' He suddenly said.

'Hmmm?'

Hae got up and shut down the tv. 'I can't watch this. It's too scary. I'm sorry.'

'Knew you were too much of a baby.' Hyuk said.

'I'll go home now.' Hae said. Before he turned he looked at Kyu's relieved face and smiled at him. He couldn't stand to see someone suffer.

'Sure Donghae, but remember, you can't sit with me for lunch.' Hyuk said.

'I know, thank you for inviting me.' Hae left the room, head down.

Hyuk glared at the door. The plan worked. Why didn't he feel good?