Chapter Four

Fishy Hae must die!

'Oh well, guess that backfired.' Kyu said.

'Hyuk?'

'Min?'

'Why do you hate Donghae so much?'

'Cause he's annoying!'

'So is Kyu but we don't hate him.'

'HEY' Kyu yelled. 'I'm right here you know.'

'Yeah, I know, now shut up before I use my orange belt on you.'

'Minnie...' Kyu whined.

'Hush' Min shoved a grape into Kyu's mouth which ended up blocking his airway. Kyu turned all colours and passed out, flat on the ground.

'Shouldn't we help him?' Hyuk asked.

'See? He's annoying as well.' Minnie sighed and kicked Kyu a couple of times till the grape unlocked.

'So, what is our next move?' Min asked as if nothing major happened.

 

Hae was colouring. His tongue was sticking out as he concentrated.

'Awwww Donghae, nice work!' His teacher praised him, eyeing the huge strawberry he was colouring.

Hae looked up and gave her one of his sweetest smiles.

She bowed down and pecked his head, unable to resist so much cuteness.

Hyuk was glaring from a distance. It was always the same. Donghae always got praised, smiled upon, hugged, kissed,... He was like a flipping magnet.

'You are so lucky, Hyukjae.' Minho whispered next to him.

Hyuk was startled as he was torn out of his thoughts. 'Why?'

Minho was pouting and staring at Donghae 'He only wants to play with you.'

'I have seen you two play a lot!' Hyuk mumbled.

'It's different when he plays with you, he's even cuter then.' Minho sighed.

'Hyukkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!' Hae came running. 'Look what I made!'

Hyuk observed the other's face and noticed the pink cheeks and the sparkling eyes. Then he looked at the huge strawberry. 'I don't care.'

The light in Donghae's eyes faded.

'Do you want to play shop with me, Hae Hae?' Minho asked.

Donghae grinned and nodded, the two boys left Hyuk alone.

What was up with everyone suddenly calling him Hae Hae. Hyuk's mood darkened.

 

'Thought of a plan already?' Min asked during lunch.

Hyuk kept staring at the three people two tables away from them. Donghae, Minho and Heechul seemed to be having so much fun.

'What does Donghae love the most?' Hyuk thought out loud.

'You' Kyu smirked.

'We should beat you up, that would hurt Donghae.' Min said.

'Very funny.' Hyuk sighed.

'What does he hate the most?' Kyu asked.

'Ghosts, aliens, horror movies, the colour pink and flies.' Hyuk answered.

'Pink?' Min gasped.

'Flies?' Kyu said at the same time.

'Pink makes him feel sick and he finds flies creepy, the way they tilt their heads and rub their front legs together as if they are thinking of eating you.' Hyuk smiles at the silliness.

Kyu suddenly narrowed his eyes at him.

'What?' Hyuk asked.

'You sure know a lot about the person you claim to hate!'

'You need to know your enemies the best!' Hyuk defended himself.

'Hyukkkieeeeeeeeeeeee' Hae came running again, eyes only on his monkey. He didn't see Kangin and they collided. Kangin's tray of food flew through the air and landed on Shindong, the biggest bully of the school. Everyone in the lunch room silenced. Shindong stared at his dirty clothes and got up with his fists clenched. He walked over to Donghae and lifted the boy up by the collar. Hyuk froze.

'You, little twerp.' Shindong hissed. 'Can't you look where you are walking?'

'Leave him be, Shindong.' Kangin groaned, rubbing his back where Hae had crashed into him.

Shindong clenched his fist even more and got ready to punch the clumsiness out of the boy. He lashed out and was surprised as someone caught his fist.

'He is mine, only I can hurt him.' Hyuk growled. He grabbed Donghae from Shindong and punched the innocent boy on the cheek.

Everyone gasped.

Hae's eyes widened first as he saw the monkey's fist approaching. The pain of the hit was enormous but the pain of the fact that it was his Hyukkie that hit him was unbearable.

'Happy?' Hyuk asked Shindong. Shindong shrugged and walked away.

Hyuk looked back on the sobbing boy he was still holding. He released him and Hae collapsed. Hyuk stared at him, the weird feeling in his tummy was back.

The rest of the day, Hae was just staring out of the window. The teacher tried to stimulate him to join the activities but her pleas went into deaf ears.

 

Hyuk was waking up. It was still dark outside. There it was again, the sound of something hitting his window. He ran to it and opened it. There on the tree branch was a shivering Hae.

'C-can I come in?' Hae asked.

Hyuk pulled him in. 'You fool, stop climbing that tree!'

'Hyukkie?'

'What?'

'I think I figured it out. Thank you.' Hae hugged the monkey tight.

'Figured what out?'

'Why you hit me.'

'Aish, just let me sleep.' Hyuk closed his eyes an pretended to fall asleep again.

Hae nestled himself next to him. 'You knew Shindong was going to hit me way harder, right?' he whispered.

Hyuk didn't respond.

 

Hyuk's mum was squealing in the morning. She quickly took a picture of her son and Hae sleeping so cutely together. Hae's head was on Hyuk's chest and the older boy had wrapped his arms around the younger.