Chapter Eight

Fishy Hae must die!

Hae was sitting with Siwon, Kyu and Heechul.

'What's up Wonnie?' the fish asked curiously.

'Promise that you'll listen to us.' Siwon said softly.

'Okay!' Hae said.

'Go ahead Kyu.' Siwon said with a sad look in his eyes.

'Well, Hyuk, Min and I made a pact.'

'What's a pact?' Hae asked.

'A deal' Heechul explained.

'What kind of deal?' Hae asked.

'To get rid of you.' Kyu whispered.

'WHAT?' Heechul screamed.

'Let him talk.' Siwon said.

'Hyuk doesn't like you.' Kyu said looking Hae in the eye.

Hae blinked. The words slowly seeping in. His little body started shaking.

'I don't want to believe you'. He honestly said.

'Oh, Hae Hae.' Heechul hugged him.

'Chullie, is this true?' Hae looked up with his eyes all big and watery.

The diva felt his heart drop.

'Well sweety, Hyuk isn't really nice to you, now is he?'

Hae rubbed his index finger over his chin while he was thinking.

'Hae, are you ok?' Siwon asked.

'I'm angry.'

'FINALLY' Chullie yelled. 'It was about time you got angry.'

'Yes, I'm very angry with myself.' He whispered and ran off.

The three other boys looked incredulous at the disappearing boy.

'What the hell.' Chullie said.

 

Hae was sitting by the river. His head on his knees, crying his eyes out. After some time he got up and went to visit his dad.

'Appa, what should I do?' He rubbed his little hands over the cold stone of the grave.

Sometimes you have to let the one you love the most, go. He remembered his father's words when they had to put Bada, his pet dog to sleep.

Hae sighed, he should get home soon before his mum worried.

 

It was weekend and Hae was in the living room, staring out the window. His mum had noticed his change in mood since a couple of days. The light in Hae's eyes had faded. He didn't smile anymore. Well his mouth did, but not his eyes. His eyes were just dark pools of sadness. It broke his mum's heart. She had tried to talk to him but he barely reacted. He didn't sleep well, refused to eat most of the time.

'Hae, baby, why don't you go see if you can play with Hyukkie' his mum tried.

Hae winced unnoticeable. 'No mummy, I prefer playing alone.' He took a car and moved it back and forth with an unfocused gaze.

His mum sighed.

 

'Okay, I'll ask Huykjae. Don't worry, it's probably just a fase, I'll call you back.' Hyuk's mum put the phone down and went upstairs.

Hyuk was playing video games with Min.

'Hyukjae?'

'Yes, mum?'

'Did you and Donghae fight?'

Hyuk looked at his mum. 'No.'

She sighed. Hyuk frowned. He had noticed that Hae didn't call for him the last couple of days but he didn't think too much about it.

Min watched Hyuk's face. He saw all kinds of emotions.

'Let's go next door and see what Hae is doing.' Min said softly.

Hyuk just nodded and both kids jumped up.

 

'Hae! Hyukjae and Min are here for you.' Hae's mum yelled.

Hae closed his eyes. Avoiding Hyukkie was hard enough but being distant when he was near...Hae's bottom lip started trembling. He slapped himself. 'Okay Lee Donghae, you can do this!' He whispered to himself.