Home

Not Me.

cd47c3fd522e7aa752a0b7fd005343e1-1.png

"I'll be home tonight. I'm coming back home"

.Michael Bublé,Home.

-

 

"Hey, Rinki wake up!" Kimbum shouted as he threw a pillow at the aspleep Chaerin. 

Chaerin shot up from her sleep. Her hair was a mess and her expression was out of it, it was amusing to Kimbum. He burst out laughing.

"What are you laughing at? and I'm up. You didn't have to throw that," she grudingly said while streching out her whole body.

"Your ... everything! you look like a total grudge!"  Kimbum said inbetween laughs. Chaerin turned towards her dresser's mirror. He was right,she did look like a total grudge.He was right, she did look like a total grudge. A scarlet shade of red titnted her cheeks.

"Shut up. Like you come out perfect in the morning," she retorted while running her fingers through her bed head. 

Kimbum smiled, "Actually, I do. Don't deny" his voice overly cocky.

Chaerin crinkled her nose. He was right this time too, every single hair on Kimbum's head was perfect and in place. Chaerin swore, if anybody coud measure each hair and the way it was positioned and the way they were positioned, it would be perfect. Also, he never looked horrible! he looked the same;polished and perfected. Chaerin was depserate to find out his secret. 

Kimbum conquerily laughed, "I.Am.Amazing." 

Rolling her eyes, Chaerin scoffed, "Don't get to cocky. Now quit talking and beging to pack my things while I get ready!" she clapped her hands the way a servant would do to a servant.

"I'm not your servant. You got legs, use them," The writer rised left shoulder and right shoulder in a rather ignorant,sassy way. Much like a diva. 

Chaerin shook her head, laughed, and then began packing while "Diva Kimbum" watched her with a cup of coffee cupped in his hands. It's a good friendship.

---

They were at the airport. Chaerin's flight homw was just in a few minutes;15 to be exact. She was standing in line with her suitcase securely gripped in her hand, and her handbag postioned perfectly on her shoulder. A few noticed her, but those people were either fans of hers or fans of Kimbum`s work. Once again, she dressed comfortaby for the flight with grey sweats, a navy blue crewneck, socky monkey socks, and lastly, mocha brown uggs. Kimbum thought she never looked better. He was standing right beside her, but over the strip of velvet rope that divided them. He was pre-occupied with Chaerin`s high pony, while she double checked everything on a piece of paper. 

"Phone? check. Passport? check. Paints? check. Canvases? check - Kimbum stop - clothes all washed? check. All right, everything seems set and re- Kimbum stop!- ady to go. Really, Kimbum stop" Kimbum snickered and gave the hair one last slap, causing it to switch against Chaerin's neck. 

"Oh! I almsot forgot! I got you a souvenir to remember our time here," Kimbum dove into his pant pocket, Chaerin watched curiously. She felt guilty that she didn't get anything for him. She began to think, "Should I give him my autograph? no that's so ... douchie. OH! how about one of my paintings, Kimbum loves my paintings! I have a bunch in my bag, good thinking Chaerin!" Chaerin gave herself an imaginary pat on the back. Regaining her focus on Kimbum, she saw a little golden locket peak out. As he slowly pulled it out cautiously, Chaerin's eyes grew in awe. The locket and the necklace was pure gold;24 karat gold. Jiyong bought her something like this but instead of a golden paint palette tinted with diffrent coloured tiny jewels, he got her a bear. "Wow, that's a lot of money to spend on someone you just meant" she thought. 

"Open the locket." Kimbum said, looking ahead of the line to see if Chaerin had enough time to open it. 

Chaerin did. Inside the locket was a note, and beside the note was a picture of Kimbum smiling. Chaerin read the note aloud, just enough for her and Kimbum to hear. 

"Fancy meeting you here Miss Lee. I've haven't the slightest clue I'd meet you in the city of love - Paris itself. Wonderful non? Yes truly. How, fate has brought us two together. Once those words came out of your mouth when we first met, I was for sure we were going to be friends. That was confirmed when you texted me last night and called me an "A-hole" yesterday. You're honestly the greatest friend I've ever had, non of my other friends from birth can't top you. We've grown together in Paris beautifully. It sometimes makes me laugh when I think about us and how our friendship built up so fast. It's like our friendship was on steriods or something. But, I'm not going to ramble on like you. Instead, I'll just say this. Miss Chaerin, I-"

"Miss, your next. Go up," some said behind Chaerin. 

Chaerin shut the locket and tucked it into her bag. The two friends sighed in sync.

"I guess this is good-" Kimbum was caught off by Chaerin's slender fingers.

"Remember? We don't say good bye," Kimbum nodded.

They both hugged, but surely not for the last, and friendly kissed each others cheeks. As the two parted ways, the feelings were both mutual between them; disheartned that they were leaving each other behind. Chaerin didn't want to go home. 

---

Home.

Chaerin was finally home.

At the airport, she waited outside the airport for Jiyong's silver Lexus to roll infront of her, like it's done so many times.

While waiting, Chaerin ped her hand bag to finish the rest of the note. When she did, she saw all her paintings. Chaerin face palmed herself, "I forgot to give him a painting! Stupid Chaerin!" 

Chaerin slummed down on a wall. She was now to guilty to read the note and also to sad. Sad that she didn't prepare a proper gift for him, and sad because she missed her best friend. Although he was coming home to Korea next week and that's when he was going to visit her, next week was too long for Chaerin. Chaerin was also tired - very tired. 17 hours can do a number on Chaerin, up to the point when you start to fall asleep with your eyes open and you loose all feeling anywhere.

Jiyong's silver Lexus rolled infront of the airport, as aspected. Chaerin put on the best smile she could for him. Jiyong hopped out of his silver Lexus and Chaerin stood up. 

With his arms open for embrace he shouted, "Rinnie! Welcome home! I missed you babe," he laughed at the end.

Chaerin smiled half heartedly, "Me too babe!" her voice a tad bit honeyed. 

She did miss Jiyong, but at the same time - she didn't. After meeting someone who gave her everything Jiyong couldn't provide anymore in just one week; happiness. Now, she wasn't sure if he was the one for her anymore, "Is twelve years enough to end a relationship?" she silently thought while staring outside the car's window.

She pondered around that question for the rest of the car ride home. Jiyong didn't mind that Chaerin was suspiciously silent. Usually, she would talk about her whole trip and everything else she saw and then ask what Jiyong did while she was gone in which he responded, "The usual" which meant work. But this time he didn't want to talk to her. It was better for her not too. Jiyong didn't want things to spill out of his mouth accidentaly. It wasn't his habit, it just happened when he felt guilty, in which he did. So it was better not to talk. 

The car ride home was sos unusual for the couple.

---

Finally, the couple arrived hime;still silent. Jiyong set the suitcase inside their bedroom; the bedroom he shared with Chaerin and made love with Sandy. The memory of him and Sandy still irked inside the room. His stomach flopped over as he approached the tidy,clean bed. 

"I'm going to take a quick shower. I'll be back in a few," Chaerin walked into the large bathroom leaving Jiyong to sit on the bed waiting for her. He only moved to change his clothes to his pajamas, and then resumed back on the bed waiting for Chaerin to come out of the shower.

Once she did Jiyong waited for her to get fully dressed  and then crawl into the bed. Somehow, this motion felt awkward for the couple though they've done this many times before. 

Jiyong hopped off the bed sheets and lfted their covers, getting ready to slide into his side of the bed. He didn't think much of this action until he broke out into a cold sweat. Right in the middle of the bed was a firetruck red, lacy thong.

In a soft whisper the word, "Sandy" escaped his lips. They both looked at each other with the same expressions;shocked.

In the most classic line, Chaerin asked, "What is," she picked the thong up bu the hem, "this? This isn't mine Jiyong!" her voice raising.

Jiyong stared at the thong in his girl's hand. Silently he thought to himself, "Oh , I'm screwed"