Cupid

Not Me.

a2a4c345a340a5b8e414e380313a68cf.jpg

It's a sweet romance;a spotlight dance

.Daniel Powter,Cupid.

---

2 more days until her return to Seoul. Chaerin was determined to make her stay at Paris worth the money she payed to come here and worth the inspiration she fed from it. She sat there infront of the window, looking out onto the streets and watching people walk along the pathways that lead into streets with more cafés and more shops. They looked happy with their glowing smiles. "Maybe I should get out and find my inspiration there. I mean, what inspiration can I find here while sitting in this chair and looking out a window?" Chaerin thought. As she got up, Kimbum shot up from the couch. This startled Chaerin because she had forgotten his existence in her thoughs about what to paint. 

"You're still here?" Chaerin asked.

Kimbum pouted while scratching his silky mohagany brown hair, "What? you don't like me anymore Rinki?"

Chaerin chuckled, "No, it's just that ... you have your own place to sleep in Paris so you don't have to stay with me. Your place is much nicer then mine" 

A cheeky smiled creeped up on the flirtatious boy, "But I want to be with you Rinki" his eyes miniminzing in size to create a y look.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, "Bumbum, stop that. Squinting isn't nice."

Kimbum un-squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows, "I wasn't squinting and don't call me Bumbum." his voice in a childlike tone. 

Chaerin passed Kimbum on the couch and ruffled his hair, "Ok Bumbum" she said and then walked to her room. 

She got into her room and closed it, "Don't call me that!" Kimbum shouted. Chaerin chuckled at her little tease at Kimbum. They were such great friends. 

---

Chaerin walked along side her easy going best friend, looking around to find something that might spark something in her empty,"brain dead", brain. Her head swirved and turned to different directions at every single shop,street object,street art, acts, statues,cafés, and even trees to find that spark, but sadly she couldn't find it! Chaerin sat down on the nearest bench that was now closet to her hotel. She had walked around the whole town, and hadn't found a single thing to paint or sketch or to paint about. Kimbum took a seat next to Chaerin. He watched as she brought her hands to her face and rubbed it, and then folding them and resting her chin on her thumbs. She was stressed out of her mind. Kimbum didn't know what to do. Well, actually yes he did know what to do because he was a writer and he always acted like this when an idea wouldn't spur into his mind. 

Some of the things he would do was, smoke weed. Kimbum was ashamed that he did this sort of thing, but amazingly, this was how he created most of the ideas for his book. Another thing he would do was look at her art, but that wouldn't help in this situation. Lastly, he would listen to music and dance. He wasn't the best dancer out there, besides slow dancing, but he could move. Maybe that would help his stressed bestfriend. He placed his arm around Chaerin.

In a hushed tone, he said, "Hey, I know what will help you. If you come back to my hotel, I could show you" in a willing tone. 

Chaerin looked at Kimbum, he had a smile that was showed his dimple. Chaerin sighed, "Whatever, let's just go. I'm desperate at this moment" 

Kimbum was enlightened. He quickly jumped off the bench and hailed a taxi. Once it came, he ran back to Chaerin and pulled her into the taxi like a child pulling it's mother into the toy store. He practically dragged her in there. 

"Mon Hotel" Kimbum quickly said while putting on his seat belt. A smile still plastered on his face. 

Chaerin gazed at his smile through the mirror. It made her smile and feel a bit more happy inside. Now, she wasn't so glum. Chaerin adored Kimbum's eagerness to inspire her with whatever crazy antic he had in mind, whatever it was it always managed a smile out of her. A smile that never appeared as frequent as it did with Jiyong; it was a breath of fresh air to smile ear-to-ear again. "Maybe Jiyong wasn't what he used to be" she thought silently. She shook her head in disbelief of what she had just thought, "Chaerin what has gotten into you?! he is your boyfriend and-and- you love him?" she bit her lip.

It's been almost a week in Paris and most of those days were with Kimbum. Over those days, their quick and fast friendship has grown. They're more open to each other now and they do things that only the closest of friends do, like sleep beside each other and not feel weirded out. Or call each other rude names and not get offended. Or other things along those lines of bestfriends. Sure, Kimbum flirted with Chaerin for jokes, but, as much as she hated to admit, it sometimes worked. Her heart would pump at the corny ones,she was a er for those. Kimbum was just so corny, it was adorable. When he wasn't flirting, he'd tell her how beautiful she is and how amazing her art is. It made her feel beautiful, inside and out. Jiyong never had times for those simple things, but she never minded since she knew he was busy. But, maybe this was something she needed, someone that gave her attention. 

Chaerin looked at the mirror again to see Kimbum's stupid smile still plastered on his face. Shaking her head at him and at herself for feeling this way for about her bestfriend whom she'd only met a few days ago, Chaerin just awaited this 'thing' that would give her inspiration.

---

"Where are we Kimbum?" They were standing in an empty room with only a small ipod dock in place. It looked like a hall of some sort. 

"This is where the hotel parties are held at, for everyone in the hotel. Mostly celebritites come or famous people, but in truth it's just any other room." Kimbum said while walking over to the ipod dock;he placed his ipod in. He then scrolled down for a song to choose, while waiting Chaerin wondered what Kimbum did to generate ideas, so she asked.

"Kimbum, are we just going to sit here and listen to music? we could've done that at my hotel. I have a dock just like that one at the hotel. Did we really need to come here and listen to music? is this some sort of special place? does it sound different in here? Kimbum answe-" 

"Rinki, stop rambling! Just listen. We're not going to listen to music, we're going to dance. Dancing always helps me generate my ideas when I am like you, brain dead. Now, this time I can do it with someone ; my best friend" Kimbum smiled. As the music started to pay, he walked back to Chaerin. Chaerin stood up and let Kimbum hold her into a waltz pose. But, it wasn't a waltzing song. It was a very cheery song mixed with a bit of country in it. They danced around the room staring at each other, all smiles. 

Hey oh oh oh 
Hey oh oh oh 
Hey oh oh 

You're the perfect part of me 
You're the oxygen I breathe 
You're a superstar 
A work of art 
It's electricity 
You're a yes in a world of no's 
You're the Beatles to my Stones 
It's a sweet romance 
A spotlight dance 
Girl you shake me to my bones

Chaerin's heart beat to the beat of the song. Her eyes staring into Kimbum's as they moved around the room. There was a twinkle in his eyes, that made his face glow with happiness. Chaerin smiled at him and he smiled back with that smile. That stupid smile. 

"Get that idea yet?" Kimbum asked.

Chaerin shook her head as the chorus came on, still smiling.

But every now and then I'll start to slip away 
I gotta' hear you say 

Take me out spin me around 
We can laugh when we both fall down 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
When I sing out of key 
Still play air guitar for me 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
Don't feel all kind of right 

"How 'bout now? Anything?" Kimbum asked again.

Chaerin shook her head, still smiling, "I can't think of any if you keep asking"

"Don't think, feel" He then let go of Chaerin and spun Chaerin around just like the song said. She  screamed at the sudden action, but then later started to laugh. She hadn't felt like this for a long time. 

And when we fight we fight 
And it ain't a pretty site 
Well it's not complex 
It's the make up  
Though we always get that right 
Well they don't make a pill 
That can give me the thrill 
When you look at me 
Then I hear you say 

Take me out spin me around 
We can laugh when we both fall down 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
When I sing out of key 
Still play air guitar for me 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
Don't feel all kind of right 

Chaerin hadn't a care in the world of what Jiyong was doing, or anyone for that matter. She was happy, and that was all that mattered. Being happy was sort've a lost emotion of Chaerin's, although art is what always made her happy, it didn't always work. Jiyong was to busy to notice her and make her happy. Slowly, "feeling happy" had became a last emotion for Chaerin that only came out once in a blue moon. "Maybe today is a blue moon?" she thought. Kimbum set her down and twirled her, still holding her hand. He was also in the careless phase. 

 

It's quite clear to me 
That we were always meant to be 
You're my bird 
Baby I'm your bee 
You got me a to z 

Take me out spin me around 
We can laugh when we both fall down 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
When I sing out of key 
Still play air guitar for me 
Let's get stupid dancing with cupid tonight 
Don't feel all kind of right 

 
Hey oh oh oh 
Hey oh oh oh 
Hey oh oh 
 
Kimbum stopped twirling her and pulled her into his chest. When he did, he rested his head on her shoulder, still holding her hand; he was breathing heavy. Chaerin did the same with her head on his chest. They were both tired, but not from dancing, but from laughing and having a good time. 
 
"Chaerin," Kimbum said in between breaths, "Do you have your idea yet? did it work?"
 
There was a pause for a moment. Than Chaerin piped up.
 
"Yes, it's going to be a couple dancing on clouds. Maybe half , I don't know. And yes, yes it did. Thanks Bum Bum" she chuckled.
 
Kimbum cutely pouted, "Don't call me tha- Ah, never mind" Chaerin smiled.
 
"So, do you want to get some lunch or somethi-" Kimbum got caught off from Chaerin's overly loud ring tone. 
 
She looked at it. It was Jiyong. Kimbum's heart sunk as he remembered Chaerin wasn't single.  Normally, he tried his best to hide his sadness, but somehow the emotion just slipped onto his face. Chaerin took notice and kind've felt the same. Chaerin glanced at her phone and bit her lip, wondering if she should answer it. 
 
She finally did, "Hey Babe" she looked at Kimbum, who was pursing his lips and rubbing the back of his neck. He was in an awkward position.
 
"Hahaha, you wouldn't believe it! I thought you were coming home today! I forgot the time was different there! Ha, I waited for two hours at the airport!" 
 
Chaerin faked a laugh, "Stupid babe, well I'm coming home tomorrow at twelve in the afternoon ok? Remember?"
 
"Mhm"
 
"Ok, I have to go now. I have to pack, love you babe" Chaerin ended the call. The words 'I love you' made Kimbum cringe.
 
"We better get you home so that you can pack" Kimbum said. Chaerin nodded agreeingly. There was an awkward silence in the room. Kimbum took his ipod and shoved it into his jeans. He then walked to the entrance/exit of the hotel with Chaerin. 
 
"I'll come by early to say good bye. When you get back to Seoul, tell me. I'll be going home next week" Kimbum said
 
Chaerin stepped ahead of Kimbum, "Ok. Thanks for today, I haven't felt like that for a long time"
 
Kimbum smiled, "No problem, what are friends for?" 
 
Chaerin smiled back and hugged Kimbum. Nowing he likes long hugs, she hugged him a minute more than usual. Kimbum hugged her tightly near the end of the hug, making Chaerin smile like a chershire cat. They both let go. Chaerin then walked to the edge of the side walk to wait for a taxi. Kimbum waited until one came. Once one day, he watched Chaerin drive by, waving. He waved back with a goofy smile that Chaerin had on. 
 
He walked back into the hotel and just sat in the lobby thinking about the dance.  "It was truly magical! it was like ... like ... my first spotlight dance at prom. I felt the adrenaline run through me as I lifted her. I love her so much, but ... I can't love her. No, no. Chaerin is special, she's not like those other girls. She is the one. The one for me - I can't have that; I can't ruin that. I love her so much though, it hurts." Kimbum thought.
 
He sat there in the lobby, fighting with himself about Chaerin. Kim Kibum was love sick for the Miss Lee Chaerin.