Trying

Beauty Is Only Skin Deep

"_____________? Are you listening to me?" 

"Huh?" I snap out of my daze as Myungsoo waves a hand in front of me.

"Uh... Yes." I lie. Myungsoo grins. 

"Really? Repeat what I just said." 

"Ok. Really? Repeat what I just said. Done!" I smile cheekily.

"Yah! Not like that, smartass!" He pinches my cheeks. I force a smile. An uncomfortable feeling has settled into my mind, heart and stomach ever since I got back together with Myungsoo a week ago. News about me and Myungsoo had spread around the school like a wild bushfire. And Cho Hee hates me even more. I sigh. Kris also probably hates me too... He has been avoiding me alot recently. Which probably means he saw me and Myungsoo from before and definitely knows the news. I can feel my heart weighing down with guilt, even though Kris and I weren't dating exclusively. I really do love him still... 

"You don't look very well ______. Do you want to go to sickbay?" Myungsoo asks softly. I shake my head. 

"No thanks, but I think I might want to go to the restroom. Be right back!" I quickly give him a peck on the cheek and rush off. I arrive at the bathroom and splash water on my face hurriedly. I hear footsteps approaching and hide inside one of the stalls. 

"...And then she was like, 'Hell no! I'm getting that shirt!' And she made these retarded -" 

"Look Yoona, I don't care about your life story ok? So please just shut up. Right now I'm more worried about ______. She has already got Myungsoo's heart and Kris's. What am I supposed to do now?" I bite my lip upon hearing Cho Hee's voice. I know Yoona and she's actually really nice, and often gets bullied around by Cho Hee. I heard the pop of a lipstick contanier being open. 

"Ugh, but that little twit is dating Myungsoo... So maybe I'll go for Kris while he's still open. I mean like, it's not like he'll ever want _______ back." Cho Hee sneers.

"But..." Yoona begins.

"Do you agree or not!?" Cho Hee snaps. "Remember that you're only in my group because I need more followers and I know your secret." 

"Neh Cho Hee..." Yoona mumbles. I stifle a gasp and emerged from the stall when I hear the door slam shut and the clicking of heels softening. I went back to L, who had gone up in a tree, hiding from the girls. 

"What secret? Oh, I wish I knew... And then I could maybe help Yoona..." I say to myself weirdly and looking up at the tree. "I'm back oppa!"

He swings himself out of the tree, landing neatly beside me. I immediately think of cats. I feel his warm hand wrap around mine. 

"So, wanna ditch school?" He whispers. I shake my head. Still the same Myungsoo I knew so long ago...

"Kim Myungsoo!" I say sternly. He laughs.

"I'm only joking~" L chuckles.

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating in such a long time... I'm so sad TT.TT and sorry! Pls forgive me...