In my life again

Beauty Is Only Skin Deep

Myungsoo. 

I see him right before my eyes, and his gang of friends. People who I used to share my laughs with. I lower my head when I hear Cho Hee immediately beginning to flirt with Myungsoo, while her friends eye the others. Kris recognises him from the cafe and decides to take me outside. Ae Cha, Min Hee and Eun mi trail behind us, wondering about what was going on. I never had told them about my past love life, so they have absolutely no idea who Myungsoo is. I slide to the ground.

"How can he be here?" I grumble for the first time in front of my friends and furrow my eyebrows while frowning deeply. They all actually seem taken aback by my unhappiness being expressed. 

"Do you think... that dude is here for... you?" Kris whispers to me. I shrug.

"Hopefully not." It still hurts sometimes, that cut in my heart. The bell rings, signalling for everyone to get to class. I can hear girls groaning, not wanting to depart from the new students. 

"Looks like you guys have rivals." MinHee hides a smirk. 

"They can handle the pressure of fangirls now; no sympathy for them." Kris says. I let out a chuckle and stand up. 

"Come on, we have to go to class or it's detention time for us." I eye Ae Cha, who is a huge magnet for detentions and trouble. But that's what I love about being her friend. Eun mi jogs off, waving goodbye while MinHee follows her glumly. I turn towards the music block with Ae Cha.

"Take care Kris. Make sure you don't get slapped by Cho Hee again." I warn him playfully, smiling, although giving a hint of seriousness in my tone. Kris nods, his face showing a tint of surprise. Clearly he didn't expect me to say that, or even notice the red mark on his face. 

--Music Class--

"HOYA! Come sit here!"

"No, here!" 

"I think I'll choose, thanks." Howon aka Hoya says shyly. Already dozens of girls are screaming for him, ignoring the pleas from the teacher to be silent. Eventually the teacher slams his ruler down onto the desk, making everyone jump in surprise and fear, including Hoya who sits himself directly behind me. 

"Finally. Now lets learn this new piece..." The teacher mutters thankfully.

"Psst _____, you remember me right?" Hoya leans over the desk and whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. At least it isn't Myungsoo, or I would remember all the memories, not that I had forgotten them. I nibble my lip, wondering if I should answer him. 

"It's alright if you don't want to talk to me. We're just here to right things that went wrong." Hoya is of course referring to L. 

"Ok." It's all I can say at the moment.

"Hey ______, can you help me with this question?" A classmate of mine comes to me for help, and I help them, just like how I help everyone else. I sigh with relief. Now Hoya can't bother me when another classmate asks me for help.

--Afterschool--

I walk home, slightly swaying to the music that is filling my ears with delight. I feel a earphone being taken out from my ear and placed in someone else's. 

"L?" I say as I turn to face the earphone stealer.

"Myungsoo." He corrects me. I learnt a long time agao that he only allowed the ones he truly loved call him Myungsoo. But now I can not return his love. It has been too long already. But I can't bear to hurt him still.

"Myungsoo." I nod and force a smile. He stops in front of me, causing me to nearly crash into his hard frame. 

"_______, can we start fresh...? Because... I realised that... SoHee lied to me." L whispers the last part, the heartbreaking truth crashing down onto him again. I gaze up at him.

"It's been 3 years..." I say softly. Myungsoo grows impatient.

"Exactly! I just want us to be together again! Please ______, just one more chance for your ice prince?" Myungsoo pleads. 

"... I... Fine... Just for you my ice prince." I sigh and reach up to touch his warm cheek with my cold hands. He embraces me in a warm cuddle, something I haven't been able to feel for a long time. Although his heat warms me, my heart remains the same. Still empty and yearning for Kris. It just happens to quickly. I let go of Myungsoo and take hold of his hand. 

"Lets go to the ice-cream shop." I suggest. I turn my head before we walk off, and catch a shadow running away. Immediately I begin to wonder who the shadow belonged to. A scary thought flys into my head.

Please let it not be Kris.