Life As I Know It

Beauty Is Only Skin Deep

 

‘Morning _____~!’ One of my classmates greeted me. I smiled back in reply.

‘Hey ____! How are you?’ I practically received 10000 greetings every day, thanks to my kindness. I was a popular person in was a popular person in my school, famous for my kindness to others, and a teachers favourite. A few people waved to me and I waved back. I caught sight of someone and held my breath. It was Kris, my all-time crush. He caught my eye and I looked away blushing. I watched as a girl approached him and started to have a conversation with him.

I wish I was her… All brave and able to talk with people with ease. 

Kris was popular at our school as well, along with his 11 other friends. They called themselves ‘EXO’, a name which everyone admired. Everyone was treated as an equal, except for one group, a group of beauty queens that thought highly of themselves. They weren’t the type that caked layers of make up on themselves; no one did at our school, they were the ones who were born beautiful. Everyone agreed that they were really pretty, but it was only a mask to cover up their real personalities. I sighed as I saw Kris eyeing their leader, Cho Hee.

‘C’mon _____! Let’s go to class; I wanna get there earlier so we can draw on the whiteboard~’ my sister-like bestie, Ae Cha, urged and tugged on my sleeve. I laughed at her childish behavior and followed her to our homeroom class.

‘Morning Ae Cha and _____.’ Our homeroom teacher welcomed us and threw us whiteboard markers without looking up from his book. I chuckled as I caught a marker.

Mr. Park knows us so well.

‘Thank you~’ We both chirped and started to doodle on the board.

*In Science Class*

Min Hee nudged me.

‘Hm?’

Min Hee pointed to a piece of paper on the teacher’s desk. ‘Did you hear? About the partners for the assignment being announced? Yea, miss is announcing them today. I can’t wait!’ She said excitedly. I giggled and poked her forehead.

‘Patience young one. And continue your work!’ I said while grinning . Min Hee pouted and reluctantly picked up her pen. Just as she was about to start writing, the teacher cleared .

‘Ahem, class I need your attention please.’ Eager voices filled the air.

‘Silence, or you won’t know.’ Everyone immediately shut their mouths.

‘First, Min Hee with Baekhyun.’ I took a quick peek at Min Hee’s eyes and knew that her inner fangirl just exploded with joy.

‘Hyeri with Jessica.’ The teacher kept on going on and on. I saw Cho Hee frown with disappointment as she heard that she was paired with Daehyun, but kept quiet.

‘_____ and Kris.’ Mrs. Lee declared the last pair.

Mwoh!? KYAA~

Cho Hee raised her hand in objection. ‘Miss, I don’t think they’re a—‘ She was cut off by Mrs. Lee.

‘No Cho Hee. I have already planned this out and I don’t wish to change it.’ She said firmly and continued teaching us the work on the board. I caught Kris throw Cho Hee a ‘sorry’ look, but she ignored it and continued pouting. I couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle at her expression.

*Lunch*

‘So I heard you were paired with Kris. I guess you were like ‘Mwoh! Kyaa!’ in your mind, weren’t you.

‘I’m scared; you can read minds.’ I replied. Ae Cha pumped her fist in the air.

‘BEWARE PEOPLE, I CAN READ MINDS~!’ she announced to the world. A few people cast us priceless looks. My friends and I shrunk to the ground. I pulled Ae Cha down as well. 

‘What?’ She asked clueless of what just happened. I face palmed and giggled.

*After School* (no it’s not the girl group ^^ Ok, I’ll shut up now…)

‘Er, hey Kris! Um… Do you mind if we go to the library tomorrow after school to work on the assignment…?’ I stuttered out. He turned around and grinned.

‘Yea, sure. We’ll try and think of some ideas tonight, and then we can try them out tomorrow.’ He replied. I smiled happily and bid goodbye, skipping my way to work.

*Night*

I tapped my pencil against my head, thinking hard and scribbling down some ideas on my notepad. I flung my pencil onto the bed, frustrated that I couldn’t think of anything else. I sighed and glanced up at the clock. 9:57 pm.

Argh… It feels so late…

I yawned and stretched, and decided it was time to sleep.