tell me.

Song and Key

Kibum's POV

 

When I get done with my interview I go to find MeiXing and find her sitting under a tree asleep.

“Mei,” I call, but she’s still asleep. I sit down next to her and tap her on the shoulder.

“Grandpa, I don’t want to,” she whispers.

“Don’t want to do what?” I ask.

“I don’t want to,” she sighs and then jolts awake.

“What were you dreaming about?” I laugh.

“I don’t know,” she says rubbing her face.

“You were saying that you didn’t want to do something.”

“Are you making fun of me?” she pouts.

“Aniyo. You snoring loudly and I could hardly hear you,” I tease. “But you defiantly said that you didn’t want to do something."

She sighs and stretches her arms.

“I do not snore.”

“Oh really? Who else could that have been?” I say with the most serious face I can manage and stand up.

She reaches her hands to mine as if asking for me to help her up. I half expect her to pull me down but instead she stands up and leads against me lazily and rests her head on my shoulder.

“I don’t snore,” she says in a small voice before breathing lightly into my neck.

A strange feeling sets into my fingers and my body begins to go ridged.

“Kibum-yah, where did you park again?” she asks nestling her nose against my clavicle.

I try speaking but the words get caught in my throat.

“Un?” She breathes deeply; her shoulders slowly rising and falling.

“D-do you need a p-piggy back ride?” I somehow am able to say.

“I’m good.” She steps back and covers her face with both of her hands to yawn.

I regain feeling in my fingers.

“I’m sorry, that was rude of me.”

She begins to rest her head on my shoulder but then flicks the hair out of her eyes. “I’m sorry, I keep forgetting I’m in Korea.”

I laugh its ok and she tries her hardest to stay awake.

 

MeiXing's POV

 

“Tell me something about yourself,” Kibum demands waking me up from a half conscience-ness.

“Why?”  I yawn stretching my arms.

“It might help you remember,” he reasons.

I sigh. “My name is Mei Xing Choi. My mother is Taiwanese and my father is half Korean on his father’s side and half Caucasian on his mother’s side, but she was raised in Korea as a girl. Her father was stationed in Osan and she grew up here.”

“That’s pretty interesting. Anything else you can remember?”

“My room is painted blue, but I want it to be green…no wait, its green now.” I think about it a little longer. “But I moved out and live in an apartment a few miles off the coast.”

He laughs, “You seem to be remembering quite a bit.”

“Oh I have a pet rabbit named sniffles,” I cover my mother to hold back the fit of giggles. “My little cousin named him for me.”

“Jinja?! I wish I had a pet rabbit.” He checks the time on his phone. “We should go out and do this, staying here is a little boring.”

“Sure.”                                                                   

Kibum takes me to a park that seems to be pretty empty, but I guess that makes sense seeing at its dark. I take a seat on the swing and begin to kick my feet back and forth.

“So, anything else you can remember?” he asks.

“Why don’t you tell me something about you; I don’t know anything about you.”

He makes this strange noise under his breath.

“What’s that about? I know nothing about you.”

He looks up at me and I make a face.

“Aish, I guess I will.” He sits down on a swing next to me. “My birthday is September 23, and I was born in 1991.”

I laugh, “That wasn’t painful was it?”

 

Kibum's POV

 

After all that MeiXing is remembering, I’m scared that she might have realized who I am. If she does, then I guess that’s no big deal, but I don’t want to be manipulated by her.

“Now it’s your turn.”

She kicks her feet and doesn’t speak for a moment.

“My birthday is April 5th and I was born in 1992,” she says softly. “For some reason I feel lonely, but I don’t know why.”

It hits me. “Yah, your birthday in a week!”

She digs her heels into the dirt and looks at me. “Then why did I leave home? I can’t even celebrate with my best friend or with family. That’s not something that I would do.”

She looks away and I can tell that she’s fighting back tears.

“God, why can’t I remember why I’m here?” she whispers. “I don’t think this was my idea.” She begins to swing again. “I think this is helping and I don’t want to come across rude, but can we stop?”

She’s upset, aish. “Ye-yeah we don’t have to keep it up.”

“So,” she begins. “Where’s the best ramyeom in the city?”

“Not too far from here actually.”

She continues kicking her feet reaching farther into the air.

“Would you like to get something to eat?”

“Not really,” she sighs. “But I promise to treat you once all of this is straightened out.”

I get up to push her and she starts to cough. It takes me a minute to realize she’s crying.

I grab the chains of her swing and slow her to a stop. “MeiXing,” I sooth and wrap my arms around her in a light embrace.

“I hate this so much,” she cries into her hands. “My first trip to Korea and somehow I was forced to come.”

She begins to hiccup and I step in front of her and face her at eyelevel. “MeiXing, let’s have some fun until you remember. That way your trip will be better.”

She looks at me with red eyes and hiccups again.

“Come on, I’ll give you a piggyback ride.”

I turn around and help her onto my back. The strange sensation from before rushes through me but I try as best as I can to ignore it.

“Kibum, I’m sorry,” she says between hiccups.

I wish I could tell her that it’s ok, or that something about her just makes me want to comfort her, but I can’t find the words to do so. “Don’t worry, tomorrow will be better.”

 

------------------------

so i'm going to try and upload at the very very VERY least once a week, but i can't promise anything. :c

anyways, this was a jeeze-i-haven't-uploaded-in-over-a-week chapter. i'd been working on it off and on between school work but tell me when you think. if you want to take a guess at why mei's in korea...i'd love to hear :D (there is a reason...and i'm shorting part of the story...because i guess wanna type it out already >.<)

aways, thanks you 2 new subscribers.

much love,

meimeng