song.

Song and Key

 

Taemin's POV

 

“Annyo!” MeiXing says with a perky tone that causes the boy behind the counter to jump.

“Ye, can I help you?” he asks putting down the magazine.

She giggles and holds up an open hand, “Me and my five friends were hoping to get a room for karaoke.”

He tries to look over her shoulder but she shrugs them upwards and tilts her head to the side.

“Sure,” the boy swoons.

She pays the fee and when the boy asks her for her number she says that she’s not allowed to date but thanks him for his help.

“You’re quiet the actress,” Onew jokes putting an arm around her shoulder.

I look over at Key who is completely p - ssed and laugh to myself.

By now Key is fuming and it takes everything in me to not laugh. Instead I snuggle my face next to MeiXing and give him a smug look.

“So who’s first?” Jonghyun says looking at the song list.

He scrolls though the artist and finds a Super Junior M song. “MeiXing you sing first,” I cheer and she takes the mic.

“Wouldn’t it be weird to sing this song?” her voice echoes into the room.

Actually now that I think about it, ‘Super girl’ would make more sense if Key sang it.

“Do you think we could all sing the first song? I’m kind of embarrassed to sing in front of you all.”

She bites her bottom lip and I jump up.

“I’ll sing with Nuna!”

“We’ll all sing with you,” Jonghyun says.

“It's not like you want to show off,” Minho says sarcastically.

“Well that too.” We all laugh at him and return to scrolling through the songs.

“Omo,” MeiXing shrieks before covering .

“What is it?” we ask. Before we realize it she’s already selected a song and I can tell by the electronic tones that it’s not something we can sing easily.

“Aish! Really?” Onew sighs.

“Hey, it’s my birthday,” MeiXing says smugly and then commands us to join her.

We all try and sing the Wonder Girl’s “Tell Me” but MeiXing outshines us not only with her voice but with her dance.

“You know the entire choreography?” Onew whines.

“Of course, the Wonder Girls are legends,” she smiles and then pats him on the shoulder. “Don’t worry; someday you’ll be just as famous.” She giggles and hands the remote to Jonghyun.

“Now we will sing to you,” he says and chooses a song.

The familiar beats fill the room and we all laugh as Jonghyun begins the song. We face away from the screen and sing to our audience. She covers her smile every time we sing “Sanso gateun neo” and hides a giggle or two. We half dance to the song and I try my hardest not to get too in to it so that Key stands out, but he looks waaay too distracted.

We bow a full ninety degrees once we finish the song and MeiXing applauds.

“Thank you, thank you,” Jonghyun says and Onew pats him on the back.

“I think what you see and what is really in front of you are two different things,” Hyung says to Jonghyun.

“I’m thirsty,” Minho says making a face. “Anybody want something?”

I raise my hand.

“No, I think you should come with me, since it’s you,” he teases.

I roll my eyes.

“I think it’s a bit stuffy,” Onew says setting the mic on the table.

“I think it feels fine,” Jonghyun says.

Minho and Onew give him a look and he changes his mind. “Now that you mention it, it is really hot,” he over exaggerates by fanning himself with his hand.

“Come on,” I say pulling him by the wrist.

We exit the room with our disguises on and make our way over to the vending machine.

“Minho, you’re so sneaky,” I laugh but Minho only takes a sip of water.

“Actually it was Hyung’s idea,” he says pointing to Onew.

I gasp shocked. “Onew, I didn’t know you had it in you.”

“I find it a little strange myself,” he says sitting down.

“Is there a reason?” Jonghyun presses.

Onew clears his throat, “Actually there is.”

We all lean in closer.

“About two years ago Key made a confession to me that he was actually semi-searching for a girl.”

We nod our heads in unison telling him to continue.

“He kept referring to her as a song. He said that he knew that once he found her she would be addicting like a catchy song that was stuck on replay.”

“So cheesy,” Jonghyun laughs.

“I know, but the thing is, that’s what MeiXing is to him. That look in his eyes,” he shivers. “Yeah, she’s defiantly it.”

“But she’s engaged,” I remind him.

He laughs. “For the time being I guess she’s a melody. Stuck in his head but he doesn’t know the words yet. In time things will work out, I’m sure of it.”

I make a sickening face. “You’re just too much Hyung.”

He laughs at me and then we begin to head back to the karaoke room to find Key and his future Song.

Onew turns to us before opening the door. “Whatever you do, don’t tell him I told you.”

The three of us promise and then push the door open. What we see should have been expected.

 

MeiXing's POV

 

The boys leave the room, undoubtedly to give me and Kibum some space.

I sit down on the couch and continue scrolling through the songs.

“Mei,” Kibum says stepping in front of me.

I look up at him acknowledging him, but not meeting his eyes.

He gets down on his knees so that we’re at the same eye level. “I know things have been really awkward, but I have to know from you. Do you still like me?”

My mouth parts to lie and tell him that I hate him, but I can’t bring myself to do it.

“I-I don’t hate you,” I say.

“But do you still like me?” his eyes go straight through me.

My heart skips a beat. “I like Oppa…very much,” I find myself saying.

He gives me a weak smile and then kisses my mouth.

I put my hand at his neck intending to push him away, but instead I bring him closer. He kisses my bottom lip before biting it softly. My other hand finds its way around him and then I fall backwards onto the couch.

His lips kiss mine hungrily and I kiss him back with the same intensity. He uses his arms to support his weight as he leans over me. I can’t control myself anymore and begin to explore the inside of his mouth. He does the same but suddenly stops. I open my eyes and see the boys standing in the doorway.

Now this is humiliating.

Taemin holds his hands above his eyes and the rest of them stare dumbfounded.

Kibum jumps up and I cover my mouth.

“It’s not what you think,” I say from behind my fingers.

“I think that you two got a little out of control in the five minutes we were gone,” Onew says.

Okay, so it is what you think.

Kibum give me a hand up and then he whispers something into my ear. “Happy birthday.”

My face grows hot and I dig it into his shoulder.

“Kibum, you’re so stupid.”

_________________________________

this is where my title comes into play. i know it didn't make sense for the longest time and too be honest i kinda danced around it. i wasn't sure what to name it and i knew that "song and key"  would be kind of irrelevantfor almost all of the story but owells. i guess you've delt with it.

I hope you all like MeiXing's grandmother. i'm going to have a lot of fun writing the next chapter because she's a bit sassy. haha, only ONE more chapter left! D: and i'm wondering if i should give Taemin a love interest since he's been such a great friend to MeiXing. of course it'd be someone else other than MeiXing. ;)

much love,

meimeng

ps. still taking requests. i've gotten a grand total of 0! so i guess i'll but my ipod on shuffle and who ever it lands on i write a story about...? that's kind of not fair seeing as Big Bang is about 48% of all of my music....(i have every song ever released by them as groups and solos >.>)