a misunderstanding.

Song and Key

Kibum’s POV

 

“Key!” my manager says extending open arms. “Whoa, since when did you learn how to style your own hair?”

I glare at him. “I’m fully capable of fixing my own hair, but no, a friend did this.”

“Well I’d hire him if the new stylist wasn’t my girlfriend,” he laughs.

I roll my eyes. “So when are we going to meet her?”

“Today was going to be her first day, but I think she’s sick. She wasn’t feeling too well the last time I saw her.”

A man steps out from behind the tent. “Oh, Mr. Ahn, congratulations on your engagement!”

“Wait you two are engaged?” I exclaim. “I thought you only barely knew her.”

“I try to see her as much as I can, and we’re not technically engaged. I asked her grandmother and she approved.”

“How old is she?” the other man asks.

“About nineteen.”

“Wow, aren’t you twenty-eight?”

“Love knows no boundaries.”

I get a disgusted taste in my mouth. I hope MeiXing’s ok hanging out in the garden area.

 

MeiXing’s POV

 

I sit at the foot of a tree and look out to the surrounding plants.

Why can’t I remember anything? Not even my name.  There must be something I want to forget. And why the hell am I in Korea? Grandpa never wanted me to come here, although he was apart of the Korean War generation.

I sigh. What can I do?

A group of girls wonder into the garden squealing all the while.

“Annyong,” I great them.

“Ah! An-annyong,” one of the girls stutters.

“Are you ok?” I ask them using the little hanguk I know.

“Were not doing anything,” one of the girls replies and then whispers something to the others.

“Are you an idol?” a girl asks peeking her head around the other girls.

“Aniyo, I’m visiting a friend in Korea…that’s all.”

The girls bow in unison and I start to feel a little concerned. “Sorry, but we’ve got to go.”

I watch them scurry along. How strange.

Once again I am left in silence, but it only takes about two minutes for the three girls to rush back yelling at a man hurrying them away.

“YAAH!” one of the girls begins. I don’t fully understand what she says but it seems that they were looking for someone and the man was getting in their way.

“What about her?!” one of the girls point at me.

I look up at the man who starts at me.

I try to think of something in Korean to explain my situation. “I’m waiting on a friend!” I exclaim.

He starts telling me off but I don’t understand.

“Could you talk slower?”

He repeats, just as fast, but this time he’s yelling at me.

“YAAH!” I yell standing up. “Talk slower! I don’t speak Korean fluently!

He starts laughing. “You going pretending be American because you mixed?” he tries to say in English.

I can only laugh at him. “Who taught you to speak English? Ne, I’m mixed, but I’m American.”

He looks at me slightly confused.

“Talk slower in hangulko and I can mostly understand,” I reason.

He nods his head. “What are you doing here? No one is allowed to be here.”

“I’m waiting on a friend, he’s doing an interview. He asked me to stay here.”

“Jjinjja? I’ve heard that story before, you fangirls, aish.”

“Aniyo, my friend is the interviewer,” I explain.

“So you’re not waiting for the band member?”

I smile, finally some progress! “No, I’m only familiar with Taiwanese and American music.” That’s a little bit of a lie, I do know of a few groups like super junior and Big Bang, but that’s about all I can remember right now. To reassure him I shout, “S.H.E, hwaiting!”

He smiles. “Sorry, I hope you can understand that I’m just doing my job.”

I nod, “Understood.”

“Uni!” the three girls say referring to me.

I look up at them forgetting they were even there.

I laugh at them and encourage them to do something creative with their time.

_________________________________________

a bit short again. sorry -.-' I'm going to try and wirte the next chapter soon, but i'm pretty swamped with school and work... >.<

much love,

meimeng