the letter.

Song and Key

Taemin's POV

 

“Hyung,” I yell as I knock on Key’s door.

“What is it?” he asks opening the door but only wide enough to fit his body between the door and the frame.

“Can’t I just come to check up on my Hyung?” I ask trying to shove the door open even more.

You always want something when you show up over here.”

I press an open palm to my chest. “Hyung, I resent that.”

“What do you want? I saw you only a few hours ago.”

I lean on the door with my shoulder. “You’re not a very hospitable person…are you?”

“Aish! I didn’t even invite you over,” he says moving so that my weight pushes the door wide open causing me to lose balance.

 “Hyung,” I say with open arms.

“Taemin, what do you want?” he says ruffling his hair and beginning to walk away.

“I just wanted to make sure you’re ok, you’ve been in a bad mood since yesterday.”

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I sigh. “It’s ChoHee, isn’t it?” Yesterday MeiXing came to work with Manager Ahn and he introduced her as ChoHee. He doesn’t seem to have realized that she was staying with Key the three days before.

He stops. “I can’t stand that name.”

“A-ha! So it is Nuna that’s bothering you!”

He sits down on his couch and stares outside.

“I think it would have been better if she were lying in the beginning.” He watches outside as a bird hops around on his balcony.

I sit down next to him.

“So you really like her, huh?”

He snorts. “Yeah, I guess I do.”

I smile. “Great, because I’ve got a plan.”

He looks over at me.

“It’s operation Bring Back MeiXing,” I say clapping my hands.

“Now why would you help me with this?” he asks.

“Because you are my Hyung,” and the way she looks at you is still out of love. “We’ll break off the engagement and then you can ride in on a white horse and save her.”

He rolls his eyes.

“He doesn’t love her,” I tell him and he nods his head. “If you don’t do something then no one might ever.”

“I don’t think they’ll get married,” he says staring out the window again.

“Why do you say that?”

He looks at me and then looks down. “I don’t think she loves him either.”

 

MeiXing's POV

 

I look at my things still packed in the spare room. What I didn’t have at Kibum’s apartment managed to find its way here, and after staying at this house for about two days…it’s going to remain packed.

“ChoHee,” Taewon yells from the top floor.

“Wae?”

“I’m leaving for,” blah blah blah, “and I’ll,” blah blah blah, “be home later.”

I roll my eyes. “As if I could understand you,” I spit.

“Jonghyun and Taemin said they were coming,” he yells and then starts talking to his ear piece.

I almost ask why but decide I don’t care as long as he’s not home.

He leaves right away and I pull out my sketchbook and begin drawing.

“Annyo,” a cheerful voice sings into the house.

I stand up and hold the book to my body.

“Annyo,” I smile to the two boys.

“MeiXing!” Taemin says running to me and then attacks me.

“Haven’t seen you in forever,” I joke.

“So where’s the Disc?” Taemin asks with his chin on my shoulder.

I look at Jonghyun who’s laughing at Taemin.

“What are you talking about?”

“The Disc Manager Ahn left for us,” Jonghyun says looking around.

I laugh, “You’re asking about a disc?”

He nods and I can feel Taemin’s head shift forward and backwards.

I groan in pain. “STUPID MAN! I hate you so much! Fickle, ridiculous, condescending prick!”

They look at me. “I still am not the best at Korean,” I laugh.

The both laugh uneasily.

“Nuna, is that anger?” Taemin teases.

I sigh, “Possibly.”

We look in all of the obvious places: countertops, shelves and on the CD rack but don’t find anything.

“Maybe he put it in his office,” I say and start up the steps. I turn around, “Aren’t you coming?”

They look at each other and then to me. “Manager Ahn has never let us upstairs.”

I make a face. “Well he’s not home and for the time being I live here too so I’m allowing you upstair. Kaja.”

They follow me and we carefully dig through his belongings making sure to put everything back in the correct spot.

“MeiXing, this drawer won’t open,” Jonghyun says tugging at the knob.

“Hyung, I found a key…would that help?” Taemin says grabbing for a book and then showing us the contents on in the first page, and sure enough there was a small pocket where and even smaller key was stored.

“MeiXing, do you want the honor…since you’re living here?” Taemin says ‘presenting’ me the key.

I smile and unlock the drawer.

“Aish, there sure is a lot of stuff in there,” Jonghyun says and I begin to sift through everything.

I shuffle through papers and suddenly find an envelope addressed to Taewon. “That’s weird.”

“What?” Taemin says looking over my shoulder.

“This is from the ‘Ahn Family,’ but Taewon doesn’t have much to do with them because they wanted him to become a doctor,” I pull out the contents and read the letter aloud.

“‘To Ahn Taewon, congratulations on your engagement. I am very pleased that you took this path and have taken us out of this dishonor.’” My eyes widen and I read the rest to myself. “‘As a thank you, I am holding up my half of the bargain and have deposited the first payment into your banking account. I’m embarrassed to have put you in such a position and will remain grateful. Sincerely, Seunghyun Ahn. Ps. I have already paid for ChoHee’s arrangement. Please contact me if you have any troubles.” I look at the date “March 28, 2011,” that was five days ago, the day before I arrived in Korea.

I swallow.

“MeiXing, you don’t look so good,” Taemin says feeling my forehead with the back of his hand.

“Could you not tell Taewon we were ever in here?” I ask and slam the drawer shut and lock it.

“MeiXing?” Taemin asks and I storm out of the room.

I kick Taewon’s door and take a look around his room.

A - -HOLE!” I scream and start throwing anything I can touch around his room.

“MeiXing!” Jonghyun yells and he grabs me around the waist.

YOU F - ING A - - HOLE!” I cry. “You think you can buy honor?! You think you can buy me??”

Taemin wraps his arms around my shoulders in a hug. He hushes me and my will power collapses.

I can’t love because of you.

__________________________________________

so have i completely confused you?

lol, trust me i'm going to explain soon....maybe. haha no really, i will once the story gets further.

anyways, i was on youtube and was surprised to see a new video on 2NE1's channel from Bom. I'm pretty sure its like a sequel to "You and I" please enjoy and if you would, log onto youtube and like the video (that is if you like it -.-' ) i'm kind of in love with her voice and she's soo beautiful she makes me jealous >.< anyways~ enjoy!

much love,

meimeng