.:Chapter 2:.

Beauty And The Baozi

"Ugh, where is she?" Xiumin grumbled running through the halls.  He knew it wasn't a good idea to be seen in the open like this, but he felt terrible for what happened to you just now. 

 

“We have come to the conclusion that you are quite a talented young lady, but we don’t feel that you are ready to be apart of the SM family just ye—“

 

SLAM

 

You, the judges, and 3 EXO members jumped when Xiumin stood up, slamming his hands on the table. “You have got to be kidding me!” He shouted at the 3 judges, who looked quite frightened. “I heard you 3, you all thought she had an amazing voice and she was a good dance. I thought she was an amazing singer, and so did the rest of us, but the minute she goes and tells you her weight, you don’t think she’s ready?”

 
"Ah!" He stopped short noticing a girl with shoulder length hair, and a beautiful blue flowered dress. You were staring out the window, trying to hold back your tears. "Its her..." He whispered peering from behind a wall. Fans were giggling and pointing at him, taking their phones out and secretly taking pictures of him. He didn't let this bother him, though, his main priority was trying to comfort you. 
 
You sniffled, holding back tears, this had to be the worst day of your life. Not only were you not accept to the second round of the auditions, you were humiliated in front of the idols you respected. Especially Xiumin. You couldn't get his adorable face out of your head. The way he watched you as you sang and dance. Not to mention you catching his blushing face, at least you thought so. "He couldn't possibly have been blushing at me, though, I can't even compare to him." You let out a small, emotionless chuckle.
 
Xiumin saw you let out that chuckle, man you must've been really bummed about the whole thing. But honestly, who wouldn't? The judges were extremely rude to you. He sighed and quietly walked over to where you stood. He looked around the room, and lucky for him the auditions had come to a close for that day, therefore all of the participants had left leaving you two the only ones there. Taking the opportunity of you two being alone, he puts his hand on your shoulder, giving it a little rub. "You doing okay, Miss Lee?" He asked sincerely. 
 
You kept looking down, not wanting to be bothered. "Look, I don't know wh--" Wait. You knew that voice. You take one look and jump back when you notice who was trying to comfort you. Xiumin? Why was Xiumin trying to comfort you? Why would an idol you respect to much be comforting you of all people? You kept asking yourself these questions before replying. "U-u-uh, I'm f-fine, thank you." You slowly peel his hand off of your shoulder while covering your pink cheeks. 
 
Xiumin, however, was not convinced that you were okay with the whole humiliation thing. "Your red eyes and face don't really tell me that you're fine," he pouted and you couldn't help but smile. "Listen, Miss Lee, why don't I take you for some coffee or something? I have to make it up to you somehow, I feel terrible for what they did to you." 
 
Oh. So it was all out of pity, you assumed. "First of all, don't call me Miss Lee, it makes me sound old and i'm not even older than you. Please call me Hyunjae instead. Second of all, I'll pass. I'd rather go eat alone than be pitied by an SM jerk like you."
 
This actually shocked Xiumin, he didn't expect someone to pass him up on a "date". Especially not a fan.   But he honestly did feel bad, not in a pity sort of way, but in a sincere way. "Look, Hyunjae," Wow thats a cute name, "I'm not doing this out of pity. I'm doing this because I want you to know how truly sorry I am about the actions of the SM staff towards you. Just don't associate me and the rest of EXO with those jerk judges. They had no right to reject you for such a reason. And in my opinion I think your both talented and adorable," he winked and that set your whole face into flames. 
 
D-did he just call me adorable? No. Don't let that get to you, Hyunjae, he's just testing you, all idols do this to their fans. You puffed up your cheeks and stared him down, "Who do you think I am? A crazed fan? I don't even find you that cute," you scoffed. Wow. That was a major lie, seeing how you found him the most attractive out of all the EXO members. "And besides, don't you have to attend to your 'idol duties'?" You emphasized on the last part. 
 
Xiumin was kind of hurt that you called him not cute, but he knew you must've not meant it judging by the look on your face when you saw him attempt to comfort you. "Well, missy, I'm choosing NOT to go back to those jerks for a while. And besides, auditions are over for tonight, so what do ya say?" He grinned, but you continued to give him a glare. "Pleeeeaaaassseeee~?" He asked, giving you the most ADORABLE face you had seen in almost forever.
 
 
----------
 
"I CANNOT believe I agreed to this." You walked beside Xiumin. It was night so no one could really tell it was him, so there was nothin to worry about for either of you. The only thing that worried you was how easily you gave into the aegyo Xiumin had given you back at the SM building. 
 
Xiumin grinned at your complaint, swinging his arms back and forth like a child. "Awh, don't pretend like you didn't find it cute!" He poked your cheeks. He was right though, you couldn't say it wasn't cute, because it really was.
 
As you two continued to walk, you began to shiver. It was early Spring and there were still cold nights from the winter. You weren't planning on staying out this late so you didn't bother bringing a jacket with you. Xiumin looked down and noticed you shivering. Like a gentleman, he took of his thick jacket and put it over you. "Now, now, we don't want you catching a cold, do we?" He smiled at you and you smiled back with a nod. 
 
"Thanks..." Was all you could say properly because you could not believe what was going on right now. After a bit of walking, you arrived at a small cafe. It was quite cute and cozy. It was pretty empty too, so it was perfect for the both of you.
 
"2 hot chocolates please." Xiumin asked the waitress. She giggled at Xiumin's cuteness and walked away to get their drinks. Xiumin then turned his attention back to you, "So, Mis-- Hyunjae, why don't you tell me about yourself?"
 
"And why should I do that?" You asked, cockiness in your tone. 
 
"Well, I don't know, maybe because we're on a 'date' ?" He replied, the cockiness thrown right back at you. You had met your match. 
 
You blushed, "F-fine. My name is Lee Hyunjae. I'm 18 years old and I'm a senior at Seoul Academy. As you can already tell singing and dancing is my passion. I also enjoy playing the piano and playing basketball with my brother. My parents live in China for business so my brother takes care of me. I have an 'older sister' who is like a mother to me and I love them both very much." You exhaled after that long speech to Xiumin. You had never talked to anyone for that long of a time. He actually seemed really interested. "And now for you, Mr. Xiumin."
 
He grinned and nodded, "Obviously you know I'm the all mighty Xiumin. My actual name is Kim Minseok. I'm 19 years old. (a/n i know hes 22 but I decided to make him 19 here.) I just finished high school. I live alone, but my parents live in Seoul. I love dumplings. I do Kendo and Tae Kwon Do in my spare time. And I love girls who like to give nice hugs," he wriggled his eyebrows and smirked, "do you like to give hugs, Hyunjae?" You scoffed.
 
"Here are your drinks you two, enjoy, but watch out they're hot." The waitress set down the hot cocoas, smiled, and walked away.
 
After a good 30 seconds you sipped your cocoa, only to have your lips and tongue completely burnt. "A-A-AH ITS STILL HOT!!!" You screamed fanning your entire mouth, sticking your tongue out. 
 
"Of course it is, babo!" Xiumin yelled, leaning in to pat your lips with a napkin, only to have him lean way too far in and spilling hot cocoa on himself. He yelped in pain, luckily his drink wasn't as hot anymore, but he shot up out of his seat, jumping everywhere and screaming like a child. All eyes were on you two, the most clumsy customers in the world. You got up out of your seat and started to pat Xiumin's pants with a napkin while he patted your mouth. Neither of you could contain your laughter. 
 
---
 
"Well that was quite... Interesting." Xiumin chuckled wrapping an arm around your shoulder as you two walked to your house. 
 
"Heh, I know right? Sorry for completely waisting your money, and your hot cocoa," you smiled sheepishly. You had to admit, this was the most fun you've had in a long while. 
 
Xiumin laughed, "Don't worry about it, Hyunjae, we'll find a good way for you to make it up to me," he winked and you rolled your eyes. He was too cute to attempt at flirting. 
 
It wasn't long until you reached your house, and you two talked the whole way there. "Well, I guess this is where we part ways," you frowned, sticking your hands in the jacket pockets that Xiumin lent you. Oh yeah, you forgot to give it back. "Oh I have to give this back to you," you began to take the jacket off, when Xiumin stopped you.
 
"Please, keep it, I think you need it more than me," he chuckled, "and I don't think is the last time we'll see each other, Hyunjae. Why don't we get together tomorrow? What do you say?" He smiled, how could you resist that smile?
 
"I think that'd be great..." You smiled back at him.
 
"Then its a date," Xiumin leaned in and kissed the top of your head, causing you to burn up.
 
"Yah..." You both heard a deep voice say. Xiumin pulled away and the two of you looked at the door.
 
"Oh no," you gasped.
 
"What do you think you're doing to my little sister, punk?" Your older brother asked, intimidatingly. He was 22 years old. At times he could be a cool brother, and at other times he could be the over-protective father. 
 
"O-oppa!" You flailed your arms, "this isn't what it looks like! We're just friends, see? Hahaha," you lightly hugged Xiumin and let out a small chuckle. Xiumin frowned, not because of your brother, but because of your actions. The least you could do was introduce him? 
 
"Fine." Her brother scowled, "Come inside, Jaejae. Its getting late." Her brother called out to her, walking inside the house.
 
"Jaejae, so that must be a nickname for you," Xiumin said quietly watching you follow your brother.
 
Before you walked in, though, you ran back to Xiumin, who was still waiting outside and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Thank you so much for today," you smiled and ran inside. "Bye!" You waved and closed the door.
 
Xiumin stood there, dumbfounded, and held his blushing cheek for a few moments until he grew and enormous grin. "Yes!" He pumped his fists. Now he really couldn't wait until tomorrow. 
 
You ran upstairs and closed your bedroom door behind you and leaned on it. You touched the top of your head and blushed until something snapped you out of your senses. "I better find something to wear tomorrow!" 
 
Neither of you could not wait for tomorrow to come.
 
 

 

YAY! 2nd chapter! (: 

I spent ALL of last night writing this, so I like, fell asleep in class OTL

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT c:<

OH! one more thing, you guys might be like "Damn, why she hating on SM so much?" But don't take anything in this story the wrong way. In fact, I love SM Entertainment and was planning on auditioning (but shh. i said nothing) (x

Okay Byebye!

Don't forget to subscribe!

-kyungminnie