.:Chapter 8:.

Beauty And The Baozi

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Well technically it's the 26th now, but oh well.

I'm so sorry it took me a few days to update, i've been packing. 

which reminds me...

[ANNOUNCEMENT!!!] I will be leaving to Japan tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to update while I'm there, but don't get your hopes up because i'm going to be super busy! ): Just thought i'd let you know.

but for now...

ENJOY THE STORY!

 

 


 

 

 

You were awakened at about noon by your phone vibrating. You drowsily picked up your phone to see a text from Minseok.

12:29 PM
To:
Hyunjae
From: Minseok
“Going on stage in about 2 hours, wish me luck! Don’t forget to watch!”

You smiled and sent a reply.

12:30 PM
To: Minseok
From: Hyunjae
Good luck, Minseok! And of course I won’t forget to watch!”

You checked the exact time on your phone. 12:30 PM. Which means the concert wouldn’t start for another 2 hours. You threw your phone next to you and plopped back onto your pillow. Eh, I got time, you thought to yourself.

 

---

 

As if your mind had an internal clock, you woke up exactly an hour and fifty minutes later. You ran down stairs to grab little snacks to eat while watching. You then took out your laptop and placed it on the foot of the bed. Sitting cross legged, you waited for the streaming of the event to start.

In a matter of minutes, the light went dim and the stage lit up. You watched attentively as the MCs spoke and the variety of singers began to sing. You enjoyed every minute of the performances.

“Man, I should’ve gone, it looks like so much fun…” You sighed.

 

---

 

After about an hour, the MCs introduced the next group performing. Sadly, you weren’t able to understand the hints that they were giving the audience because it was all in English, but the amounts of excessive screaming of “EXO” and the member’s names gave you all the information you needed. The camera was then turned to the monitor. A playback video of the members of EXO-M showed up. You cheered loudly when you saw Minseok appear in the video. To your luck, your brother and Hyeran had left somewhere, so it was just you in the house. Taking this as an advantage, you cheered as loud as you could when the first song came on.

The light shone on all 6 of the members as their backs were turned to the audience, hands to their sides. You immediately knew what song it was.

“History,” You said to yourself, and as if on cue, “History” began to play.

Minseok was right, this was a live performance. All voice, no lip syncing. You were really proud of them, they were really good live. The month of being away must’ve paid off because Minseok and the other members were doing an amazing job.

After “History” was done, “Into Your World” began to play. You were sad that Minseok got such little parts while singing in the song, but you found his little solo dances to be the most adorable thing.

As soon as that song was over, the members came into a line and proudly introduced themselves.

“Hello everyone I’m Xiumin!”

“And I’m Luhan!”

“From EXO-M!” The two said simultaneously

“Thank you for being here,” Luhan said. You were surprised that his English was pretty good.

“We love you so much!!” Minseok screamed, followed by a huge heart action that he shared with Luhan.

You burst out in laughter when you saw that, “I should’ve expected that from those two,” you said to yourself, wiping a tear away.

When everyone was done introducing themselves, Kris announced that they would be singing “What Is Love.” You clapped your hands, you had never heard the song live! Four of the members proceeded to leave the stage while Luhan and Chen remained. They did such an amazing job with the song. You were amazed that they could hit every high note given. You cheered as loud as you could for them.

When they were done, the members came back on stage and lined up once again. This time, they were given questions from fans that they had to answer or do. The request that was the most popular was…

Aegyo.

You squealed when Tao was asked to do an aegyo. He looked at the audience and put his hands in fists and brought them to his cheeks.

“Bbuing Bbuing.”

“AAAAW!” You squealed once more, clapping your hands, “I thought he was cute before, but after this he just hit the top of my cute-charts.”

After Tao, you were expected Kris to do aegyo like the fan asked. Instead, Luhan pushed Minseok to the front of the stage. You immediately grabbed the nearest pillow and hugged it tightly.

Minseok looked around the crowed and suddenly thought to himself, crap—Hyunjae is watching right now isn’t she…oh well, can’t disappoint fans…

He put on the happiest face he could and brought his fist to his cheek, “Lobbu Lobbu!!” He shouted and made a half heart.

Screaming and cheering of girls were followed soon after, including yours. You mimicked his half heart hand gesture and grinned at your laptop.

You thought it was all over until you heard a faint chant.

“Kris. Kris. Kris.”

The chant gradually grew louder and louder.

“KRIS. KRIS. KRIS!” People waved their light sticks in rhythm of their chanting.

Kris sheepishly grinned, knowing it was most definitely his turn to go. Everyone in the crowed had been anticipating this moment, even you were excited to see this. He walked up to the front of the stage.

“Can you guys keep a secret?”

“YEEES!!” fans screamed at the top of their lungs. You screamed too, you were lucky you paid attention in English Language class to understand what he was saying.

“You sure?” He asked again for clarification.

“YEEEEEEES!!” fans replied.

“Alright, here we go…Bbuing Bbuing!”

The whole amphitheater went ballistic. Fans screamed, posters flew everywhere. You were shocked to see how much fans wanted him to do this. You didn’t except fans to be this into it, but you had to admit, Kris did have a cute side to him.

After all that was said and done, EXO returned to the stage for their last and final song. MAMA. You cheered at the members got into position.

When the music started, you grabbed your blanket and wrapped it around you, covering your head making it look like a cloak as you chanted along.

“Careless, Careless. Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous. Heartless, Mindless. No one who care about me!”

You danced to the song while sitting in a crossed legged position on your bed, only able to move your arms to the song.

After a few minutes, you knew the song was reaching your favorite part.

You saw Tao do his amazing flip on stage and clapped. Soon enough, Minseok jumped out and began the screaming part. You were extremely impressed because he was able to do it live. You mimicked him, screaming at your laptop. Since you couldn’t speak any sort of Chinese, though, you ended up sounded like a complete idiot. Next was Kris’s scream. He also performed it live and you cheered for the both of them.

 

---

 

After about 2 minutes of EXO-M exiting the stage, your cell phone vibrated. You looked at it and smiled. It was from Minseok.

3:50 PM
To: Hyunjae
From: Minseok
“Did you watch it!?”

You chuckled.

3:51 PM
To: Minseok
From: Hyunjae
“Of course I did, Pabo! You did an amazing job!”

In a matter of seconds a reply was sent to you.

3:51 PM
To: Hyunjae
From: Minseok
“ Yay \(^ o ^)/ My plane lands at 7:00 tomorrow night, so I’ll be sure to stop by!”

You smiled again, you were relieved to find that he was coming home so soon.

3:52 PM
To: Minseok
From: Hyunjae
“Okay I’ll be waiting!”

 

---

 

.:MINSEOK'S POV:.

Just before EXO-M headed to the airport, they stopped by a little shopping area in China Town, where people sold tons of items. Minseok looked around at every shop, but nothing seemed to satisfy him.

“I promised Hyunjae a gift, I need to find a good one…” He said to himself, scanning the different shops.

Suddenly, something caught his eye in one of the shop windows. A teddy bear. Not an enormous one, but one that was a pretty decent size. It was a brown teddy bear with a ribbon that was colored red, white, and blue. Perfect, he thought. He walked inside and looked for the price.

“55$” the price tag read.

Minseok became wide eyed at the price. He sighed, “Oh well, I hope Hyunjae will like it,” he said to himself as he proceeded to take out his wallet.

“It’s for a girl isn’t it?” The shop owner asked in…Korean? She was a little old lady with a nice smile.

Minseok nodded.

“Do you like her?” The old lady added.

Minseok felt his cheeks turn a bright pink before he slightly nodded.

The old lady’s smile turned into a grin, “Take it for 30$.”

“What?”

“Take it for 30$,” the old lady repeated.

“But…why?” Minseok asked her.

“Because, boy, I love seeing young people in love, now hurry and take it before I raise the price again!”

Minseok blushed once more before handing her the cash. He thanked her and bowed and ran off to find the other members.

 

---

 

.:YOUR POV:.

You didn’t realize it, but you had taken one of the longest naps ever. You rubbed your eyes and slowly walked to the bathroom to re-freshen up. You were still in your clothes from this afternoon, but you somehow managed to fall asleep.

You walked back to your bed and sat on it, still half-lidded, and checked the time on your phone.

7:58 PM.

Your eyes immediately went from half lidded, to bulging out of your eye sockets. You also noticed a text.

7:36 PM
To: Hyunjae
From: Mineok
“Just got out of the airport! I’ll be at your place in around an hour!”

You counted an hour using your fingers, and you began to freak out.

“I don’t have much time! I need something to congratulate him with!”

You ran downstairs and out of your house to the nearest convenience store. There, you found some beautiful roses and a few “Good Job” balloons. You grabbed a box of chocolate and ran to the register.

The cashier smiled, “For your boyfriend?” She asked.

Your face heated up as you shook your head, “No, he’s just a friend.”

“Awh, what a shame, you’re going all out for him. Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll see you through soon enough,” she winked and handed you the bags. You thank her and ran back home, your face still burning from her comment. You checked the time as you walked in the door.

8:28 PM.

 

---

 

About 15 minutes after you arrived back home, you heard a knock on your door.

“Who is it?” You asked.

“Minseooook!” He called from outside.

You giggled and grabbed the balloons, flowers, and chocolate you had bought from the convenience store and stood about 6 feet away from the door.

“It’s open!” You called out.

The doorknob turned and the door opened, revealing a grinning Minseok. One hand on the doorknob, the other behind his back.  He looked so happy when he saw you with the congratulation presents for him.

You smiled at him and made a heart with your arms, “Lobbu Lobbu!!”

“Lobbu Lobbu,” He grinned, pulling out a bear.

Your eyes widened when you saw it. You didn’t expect Minseok to get you a souvenir, especially not one this cute. You placed your gift for him down, and took the bear in your hands and hugged it tightly.

“Thank you so much, Minseok, I love it!”

Minseok smiled and walked over to you, bringing you in for a hug; the bear in the middle of the two of you.

“I’m glad you like it, Hyunjae.”

The two of you remained like that until Minseok let out a big yawn and rubbed his eyes.

“Do you want to stay here for the night?” You looked up at him.

“C-can I?” Minseok asked, looking down at you. His cheeks seemed a little hotter than usual.

“I’ll check,” You told him as you ran upstairs to ask your brother.

In a matter of minutes you came back down with a grin.

“He said yes!”

Minseok grinned as you led him up the stairs to your room. When the two of you got inside, you suddenly turned around.

“But—“ you pointed at your pull out couch, “You sleep there tonight. I don’t want my brother to slap you for sleeping on the same bed as me.”

Minseok chuckled and began to form the couch into a bed, “I got you, I got you.”

---

 

Once the two of you were done getting ready and washed up. You talked for a bit. Each of you laying on your beds and staring at the ceiling.

“They’re making the entire EXO go to Hong Kong at the end of November,” Minseok blurted out of nowhere.

“Really? For what?” you asked, curious.

“The MAMA awards. We get to perform,” He grinned and turned to face you, you did the same.

“How cool! I hope it gets streamed again,” You chuckled.

“Actually—“ Mineok began, “You get to come with me.”

You immediately sat up from your bed and looked directly at him, “W-what!? I get to go with you and EXO!?”

He nodded.

“B-but why me!?” You asked, shocked.

“Because, Luhan, Kris, and Tao have taken a liking to you. They’ve also told the other members about you, and they think you’re a nice girl,” he said matter-of-factly.

You giggled at the compliment and Minseok continued.

“In order to come though, there is one condition.”

“Anything! I’ll do anything!” You begged.

“You have to come with me to meet all of EXO tomorrow,” He pointed at you and winked.

You tensed up and felt nervous. How do I act in front of them? Will they like me when they finally meet me…doubt it.

“Fine, I’ll do it.” You said straight faced.

Minseok smiled, “Good. Now let’s go to bed.”

You nodded and turned off the lights.

 

Oh, I am so screwed tomorrow, you thought to yourself.

 


 

I hope you enjoyed that! 

I also hope you weren't confused about the whole POV change. I may continue to do that throughout the story, but we'll see.

Like i said, I'll try to update as soon as possible!!

 

and if your wondering, THIS IS HOW EXO-M GETS TRANSPORTED!

 

my bb <3