.:Chapter 11:.

Beauty And The Baozi

 

Hey guys, wow I'm so sorry. It's been almost a month since I have last updated, but i've been so busy. I had the stomach flu two weeks ago, and me and my dance crew had to prepare for our performance on Friday. ㅠㅠ I didn't even get to draw Kai a birthday present! Ugh, I'm so bad.

Oh well, I'm back again so that's good! We will get to the drama soon, so be prepared >;)

Also! If you want to see my crew's performance click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isfm-5Un_ag

And yes, our crew name is YOUnique. But we've had it for about a year now so don't think we took it from SM. My crew hates K-POP anyways OTL

ALSO!!! I updated the banner, how do you like it? <:

Okay, done with updates.

ENJOY!!

 

 


 

 

By the time you had woken up, Minseok was already gone. A little post-it took his place on the bed. You picked it up and scanned the message written on it.

Good morning, Hyunjae!
It's about 7:45 AM right now.
By the time you read this, i'll already be at the rehearsals. Sorry that i didn't wake you up when I woke up, but you looked like you were having such a good dream that I decided to let you sleep a little longer. I hope you don't mind! Come to the concert hall as soon as you can! I'll be waiting!

-Minseok


You smiled, how sweet for him to let you sleep more. Your nice smile soon turned into a face of shock when you looked at the time.

"1 IN THE AFTERNOON!?" You screamed, jumping out of bed and into your clothes. You didn't even bother to stop for a little something to eat. It had been almost 5 hours since Minseok had woken up and left for rehearsals, and you felt terrible for waking up so late. You felt even worse knowing that Minseok had been waiting for you that whole time. Heck, the rehearsals were probably almost over!

You ran down the block and into the concert hall, only to be stopped by a security guard. He was a heavy built mad that didn't seem to be in the best of moods.

"Oooh no you don't, missy," oh, he knows Korean, you thought, "I don't want any crazy fans coming and ruining rehearsals," the guard grabbed your wrist tightly and began to lead you out the door.

"No, sir, you don't understand I'm--"

"She's with me." A familiar voice rang through the halls.

Both you and the guard turned simultaneously to find Kai standing in the middle of the hallway, drenched in sweat with a towel around his neck.

"Kai!" You grinned.

He shot a wink at you and walked over to the two of you, "Please let go of her wrist, I think you're starting to hurt her," he commanded and the guard obeyed.

"Sorry, Kai, I didn't know she was with you," he bowed in apology. He turned to you and bowed once more.

Kai nodded and took you by the hand, leading you through the many different halls of the concert hall.

"Where are we going?" You asked, tilting your head slightly as Kai continued to drag you along.

"Backstage, to meet all the stars," he smirked.

"Really!?" You beamed, suddenly becoming over excited about it.

When the two of you finally came to the two big doors with the sign "BACKSTAGE" written on it, the two of you walked in, still hand in hand.

You passed by many different singers and groups, you had never been so close to idols in your life time.

"Oooh~ Who's that Kai?" A voice came from behind the two of you.

Both of you turned around and your jaw hit the floor, "Oh hey Minnie, this is Hyunjae."

"Oh hello Hyunjae, it's nice to meet you. I'm Taemin," he said, bowing.

You couldn't say a word or do a single action with Lee Taemin standing less than a foot away from you.

"I-i-i know..." You bowed, "it's an honor to meet you, sir."

Taemin busted out in laughter, "Aw, how cute!" He began to play with your cheeks, "So how long have you two been going out?"

"We-we're no--"

"We're just friends," Kai said calmly, "besides, she's already taken by little Minseokie~" he teased.

"I am not!" You protested and stomped a foot.

Taemin chuckled, "Whatever you say. I have to head to the stage so I'll catch up with you later, okay? Nice to meet you Hyunjae!" He waved as he ran to the rest of s.

 


---
 


By the time you had reached the other EXO members, you had completely forgotten that you and Kai still remained hand in hand.

"Look what I brought~" Kai sing-songed to the members.

"Hyunjae!" They all said in unison.

Except for Minseok.

Instead, the first thing he said to greet you both was, "Kai. Let go of her hand. Now."

Minseok glared at Kai, and Kai immediately dropped your hand, he didn't even remember that he was holding it. The room became silent until Minseok's face went from a frown back to his usual smile.

"Sorry about that," he chuckled, "Good to see you finally here, Hyunjae!" He walked up to you and petted your head.

"That's not what it seemed like just now, is someone jealous?" You teased.

"Of course not," Minseok scoffed, "I'm not the jealous type."

"Sure." Luhan added and received a mild glare from Minseok.

"Soo," Tao jumped in, "Practice is over, and I think Hyunjae is hungry. Let's go eat!"

Kris looked at Tao and back at you, "Are you hungry, Hyunjae?"

You shook your head in disagreement, but you’re growling stomach thought otherwise. The members let out laugh and you blushed, giving a sheepish smile, "Well... maybe just a little."

Kris smiled and nodded, "Alright, well we have about an hour and a half until we have to be back for hair and makeup. How does Chinese food sound?"

Minseok raised his hand and Kris pointed a finger, signaling for him to speak, "Is there baozi?"

Kris pinched the bridge of his nose and you looked at Minseok in confusion, "What is a baozi?"

Minseok's eyes bulged out of their sockets, "W-W-WHAT!? 'WHAT IS A BAOZI'?! OK KRIS WE'RE TAKING HER FOR IT."

"B-but I don't know what it i--" You were cut off by Minseok grabbing you by the wrist and pulling you out of the building, the other members following behind.

Kai sighed, "How will Hyunjae ever be fit as Xiumin's girlfriend if she doesn't even know what the hell a baozi is."

You heard him from behind and shot him a glare, "I am NOT his girlfriend, and sorry that I'm not familiar with Chinese food." Kai backed off a bit after that, worried you might get angry with him.


---

 


After several minutes of being dragged by Minseok, you finally arrived at the nearest Chinese restaurant he could find.

"Ah, this looks pretty traditional. They MUST have baozi!" He put his hands on his hips, proud of his finding.

The thirteen of you walked in, and to your luck, there was not a single young person eating here. You guessed this wasn't much of a teen hangout spot.

You were all seated rather quickly, and Minseok patted the seat next to him vigorously, pleading for you to sit next to him. You sighed, having no other choice, and sat next to him. He smiled in return.

After a couple of minutes, a middle aged woman, probably in her late 30's came out ready to take your orders. She went around the table until she finally came to an eager Minseok.

"Six baozi's please!" He exclaimed in Mandarin.

Her eyes widened, "Six!? Are you sure you can eat all that young man?"

"Well three for me and three for her," he grabbed your shoulders and gave them a squeeze.

The waitress smiled, "How cute, is she your girlfriend? The both of you look like a very nice couple," Minseok's face blushed a mad red as she bowed and walked back to the kitchen.

When the waitress was out of sight, the EXO-M members let out loud chuckles, whispering to the K members about what the waitress had just said in Mandarin. They soon let out burst of laughter as well. You on the other hand just sat there, confused about what had just happened.

"What did she say?" You asked Minseok.

"O-oh nothing," He said looking away from you, "She said that I...uh..." He paused, thinking of a random subject, "That I eat too much! Yeah."

You pouted, "Well that's not very nice..."

Minseok chuckled, "It's fine, don't worry I told her that three were for me and three were for you."

"And what if I don't like them?"

"Trust me, you will," he grinned, "and if you don't then I'll be happy to eat all six."

You gave him a little slap upside the head and let out a giggle.

 


---
 


The thirteen of you continued to talk until the waitress had finally come back with the food.

"Woah!"

"It looks delicious!"

"Better than my mom could ever make it!"

Compliments were being thrown everywhere by the EXO members as their plates of food were put down in front of them.

"Enjoy!" The waitress said happily, once again bowing and returning to the kitchen.

You stared intensely at the three baozi's in front of you.

It looks okay I guess... You thought, picking one up in the process. You took a small bite from it and your eyes widened. You had never tried something so good in your life.

"MINSEOK." You grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him violently.

"W-w-w-what?!" He asked, still being shaked.

"This is amazing! Why have you not introduced me to this until now!?" You exclaimed.

"Maybe because I didn't know you had ever tried one?"

Your mouth formed into an 'o' shape and Minseok grinned, taking a big bite out of his baozi.

"I'm really glad you like it, Hyunjae. Now we can go out and eat baozi together sometime!"

"Oooh~" The EXO members all said in unison, followed by a bunch of laughter.

 


---
 


When you were done eating, you all began to watch the flat screen TV in the restaurant. It was a show that played a lot of Korean and Chinese music videos.

You all sang and dance to most of the songs that had come on. Finally, all of you were shocked when you began to hear "CARELESS, CARELESS..."

"Uh oh." Kai said flatly.

The waitress came out of the kitchen as the music continued to play, "What song is this its so ca--"

She stopped in mid-sentence to stare at giant empty table with money for the check.

She looked at the TV and watched 6 men dance and sing.

"EXO-M, MAMA," she read the caption on the screen aloud, "Wait--"

She didn't realize that the 6 men were the same men from before, "No wonder they were so handsome." She chuckled and went back into the kitchen.

 


---



"Urgh that was so close!" You sighed in relief, rubbing your temples.

"Yeah but at least she didn't find out when we were still there, right?" Chen asked.

"True, true," you nodded. "So hair and make-up and you're all ready to go?"

They nodded simultaneously.



---
 


You waited for the others in one of the waiting rooms. About half an hour passed before you heard a knock on the door.

"It's open!" You called out the the person behind the door.

The door opened slightly and Minseok poked his head through. You giggled at the sight and he walked in and sat next to you.

"Are you the first one?" You asked.

He made a sheepish grin and rubbed the back of his neck, "I asked the others if I could go first so I could keep you company."

You blinked a few times and your cheeks turned a bit pink, "R-really?" He nodded, "Well thank you, Minseok." You were about to pet his head but stopped yourself, forgetting that he had just had his hair done.

You had to admit, his gelled up hair and nicely done eyeliner made him look quite handsome. You couldn't help but stare at him.

"Yes?" Minseok asked, chuckling.

You quickly snapped out of your daze, "O-oh! Sorry!"

You and Minseok talked a little while about the whole event. He said that you would be in the first row behind the artists. Sadly, he wasn't able to get you a center seat, but a seat to the left of the stage. On the bright side, he told you that during their performance, he'd be going to that side.

Soon, you heard a few more knocks on the door followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything~" Chanyeol cooed, and received a slap on the shoulder from Baekhyun.

"Hey don't say that! Hyunjae doesn't like it when you about Xiumin!" Baek crossed his arms and glared at Chanyeol.

You giggled, "It's okay Baekhyun, I'll let it go this once," you winked back at the two.

 


---
 


In a matter of hours, hair and makeup was finished for all 12 members, and the awards were about to start soon. Another cordi-noona escorted you to your seat and you patiently waited.

You were impressed by all of the performances and satisfied with all of the winners. You were in love with Epic High’s Batman costumes and jumped along to their song.

 

---

 

About an hour passed until the stage went dark and 12 dark figures suddenly appeared. You gasped and screamed as they began to sing “MAMA.” You yelled all 12 of their names, but none of them seemed to hear you. You pouted, but continued to cheer.

Once that song finished, the stage once again went black until each member’s symbols began to appear. In a matter of time, DBSK’s “Mirotic” began to play, and you cheered. That song just so happened to be your favorite DBSK song.

Minseok was right about where you sat, after a few seconds him, Kris, Baekhyun, Tao, Kai, and Sehun appeared on the stage in front of you.

“I got you, under my skin”

As the members sang that line, each of them pointed two fingers to the crowd. Sehun, on the other hand, made sure to point them in your direction.

“Aish, this kid,” You sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose.

“du beon ui kiseu, tteugeopge teojyeobeoril geot gateun ne shimjangeul

Kris sang and stood up as the rest of the members bent down. He made sure to give you a quick smile before facing the rest of the audience. You smiled back, at least he isn’t a weird one, you thought.

Yeah~ neoreul gajyeosseo”

Kai made sure to smirk in your direction as he spun.

Out of the whole song, though, Baekhyun’s high note seemed to impress you the most. You cheered at this, he was so into his role as Changmin.

“Come on come on!”

Minseok screamed to the crowed before giving you a little wink as he did a in the air.

“Wha?” You asked, as you pat your now red cheeks.

After the six’s performance, they returned to the center stage with the rest of the members as they began to sing “Lucifer.” If the crowd wasn’t loud enough before, SHINee appearing behind them to caused an uproar from the fans. You, yourself were one of them.

At the end of the performance, Minseok gestured for you to follow them backstage, you obeyed.

 

---

 

“Good job everyone!!” you peered through the backstage room filled with the 17 boys.

“Hyunjae!” They all greeted you with a huge group hug.

“Yah, yah, yah, I’m suffocating!” The boys laughed as they pulled back one by one.

“Did you like my high note?” Baekhyun asked, tilting his head cutely to the side.

“I absolutely loved it, Baek!” You grinned and he beamed, he always felt happier when someone complimented his singing.

“How did I do?” Kai asked, putting an arm around your shoulder. You chuckled and slid out of his grip.

“You did great as well, Kai,” you imitated his signature smirk and he laughed.

You noticed that a certain someone hadn’t come up to you yet. You peered above the other members to find Minseok sitting on a chair looking into a mirror, fixing up his hair. You snuck up behind him and placed both of your hands on his shoulders, giving them a tiny squeeze. He jumped a little and looked up at you, pouting.

“What? Don’t you have to go back to complementing Kai?”  He looked away from you and continued to style his hair.

It was your turn to pout as you pulled up a seat and sat next to him.

“Minseoook~” You cooed, but no reply came from him. You placed your hand on one of his shoulders and called for him again, “Minseokie~”

He didn’t turn his head to you, but merely looked at you from the corner of his eyes.

“You did amazing too,” you grinned, “I loved that air !” you busted out in giggles, but Minseok wasn’t the least bit amused.  

You sighed, “What’s it going to take for you to at least smile?”

Minseok smirked at your question, “Compliment me more.” He turned to face you, placed an elbow on the vanity desk, and rested his chin on his hand. This was going to take a while.

You rubbed your temples before beginning your long line of compliments, “Oh Minseokie~ What is it that makes you so amazing? Is it that brown shaggy hair of yours?” You ruffled up the hair that he had just fixed, “Is it those beautiful black orbs for eyes? Maybe your little nose?” You lightly touched his nose with your finger, “Maybe your adorable tummy?” You lightly pat his stomach and he squirmed in his seat, “Or it must be those pudgy cheeks?” You placed your hands on each cheek, “No, I know what it is,” you said leaning in closer and closer to him, “It’s those full, pink lips of yours, isn’t it?” You continued to lean in until about an inch away from his lips where you stopped.

You looked up at Minseok, who’s eyes were closed, anticipating what came next, but instead you let go of his face and stood up. He opened his eyes and frowned at you, but you simply grinned.

“Well?” He asks, waiting for your answer.

“I can’t choose what makes you so amazing,” your grin turns into a warm smile, “because everything about you makes you amazing.”

Minseok looks at you, dumbfounded, until he stands up with a big smile on his face. He pulls you into a tight hug and buries his face into your shoulder.

“Thank you, that was the nicest thing anyone has ever told me,” Minseok let out a little sniffle and you giggled.

“You’re welcome, Minseokie,” you whispered, rubbing his back.

The two of you were only able to stay like that for a few more seconds until you heard a loud, “Ahem,” coming from behind the two of you.

“Oh,” The two of you said in unison as you both pulled away, Minseok wiping a single tear from his cheek.

You had forgotten the 16 other boys that were now staring at the two of you.

“SO THEY ARE A COUPLE!” Taemin blurted out, breaking the awkward silence between all of you. It wasn’t the best thing he could’ve said but at least it was something to change up the mood a bit.

You sighed, but said nothing back. You knew there was no way to counter his argument now that they had just witnessed the extremely corny seen between you two.

“Sure we are,” you rolled your eyes at the elder.

Taemin snickered back at you, all the other members began to join in a fit of laughter. You covered your face with your hand and shook your head.

Yep, they’re not gonna let this one go.

 

 


 

How did you guys like that? Good? Not Good? Leave a comment!! I also have a new story that i'm going to work on so please be prepared for that as well (: It's a Xiuhan fanfic, so if that's your OTP go subscribe! Chapter 1 will be out soon~

And because of my absense, I will leave some minsokie gifs for you!!

mmm. that tummy.

mmmmmmmm. that tummyyy.

MMMMM. THAT TUMMY.

and that face <3

and lastly, ugh. those eyebrowssssssss!!!