.:Chapter 4:.

Beauty And The Baozi

 

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated at all for like, the past week and a half. 

I'm so sorry ; _ ;

Oh well, here you go~

 


 

You didn’t really remember what happened after you had gotten in the car when you finished eating. While you were sleeping, though, you felt like you had a dream. You dreamt that Xiumin carried you into your room and tucked you into your bed, but before he left, planted a small kiss on your forehead. You woke up touching your forehead, asking yourself how you got into your room and into your bed. “Maybe it wasn’t a dream?” You asked yourself, but quickly brushed it off.

It’s been 4 days since you last saw Xiumin, and he hasn’t contacted you since. You sighed, “Maybe he really was just pitying me. At least I got one date, right?” You curled up in a ball, hugging your legs to your chest and fell on your bed. Suddenly, you heard your phone go off and you immediately shot up and answered it.

“Xiumin!  Why haven’t you ca—“

“Ohoho, who’s Xiumin?”

“H-Hyeran unnie! O-oh, j-just a friend.” You began to stutter, you didn’t realize it was her calling.

She chuckled, “Okay then, Jaejae. I’m coming over in a few minutes, do you need anything from the store?”

“Uhh, No not that I can think o—“ Your phone began to beep signaling that you had an incoming call. You checked the caller I.D this time.

Xiumin

 “OH—I HAVE TO GO, I DON’T NEED ANYTHING OKAY BYE!” You immediately switched lines, leaving Hyeran stunned.

“Aish, something’s up with that girl and her love life,” Hyeran giggled.

“H-hello?” You asked quietly.

“HYUNJAAAEEE-AAAHH!” Xiumin echoed through the phone, “I missed you so much!”

His childish voice made you laugh, “I missed you too, Xiumin.”

“Sorry I haven’t called the past few days, I had been busy with work and stuff, but I wanted to see you today!”

You smiled, but at the same time you felt bad. You had totally neglected the fact that Xiumin led the life of an idol and couldn’t waste all of his time on you. “Are you sure you’re not busy?” You asked sincerely.

“Nope! 100% free of work today! I can go pick you up in half an hour.” You could tell he was grinning through the other line.

“Okay then, I’ll go get ready.” You told him, almost hanging up the phone when he spoke again.

“W-wait!” Seems like he forgot to say something.

“Hm?” You asked.

“Dress in dance appropriate attire.”

“Dance appro—?”

CALL ENDED

“He could’ve at least explained what we were going to do today,” you sighed, “Oh well, better go get ready.”

 

---

 

BEEP BEEP

You were in the middle of tying up your hair in a ponytail when you heard the honking of a car outside. You looked out your window and saw Xiumin in his car, waving to you. You waved back and hurried down the stairs, outside the door, and into the car. You both smiled and gave each other a quick hug.

“So, where are we going?” You grinned jumping in your seat.

“You’ll see,” Xiumin grinned back at you, and you pouted.

“You always say that…”

The two of you arrived at your destination in about 25 minutes. You stepped outside and looked at the building in front of you with disappointment.

“It looks like an abandoned warehouse…” You cringed.

“Tsk tsk tsk,” Xiumin waved a finger at you, “It isn’t about what’s on the outside, Hyunjae.” He began as he led you up to the doors, opening them to reveal the most beautiful dance room you had ever seen.

“It’s what’s on the inside.”

You smiled at him before making your way to the center of the humongous dance room, spinning and twirling everywhere. You had never been in a place this nice. Mirrors on every inch of the wall, sleek, clean floors, and a huge 360 degree sound system. Everything was so nice and neat.

“How did you get this place!” You asked Xiumin.

“It wasn’t easy,” He chuckled, “I have a friend whose father owns this dance studio. He teaches a hip hop dance class for children and teens here so it wasn’t easy convincing him to let me use it for a private session. I promised that I would only be here until 4:00 PM, because the class starts at 5:00 PM.”

You smiled and looked at your phone, “Well then it’s a good thing it’s only 11 AM .”

Xiumin walked over to you, pat your head, and proceeded over to the sound system booth. He took out his iPod and plugged it into the jack. Almost immediately after, the dance studio was filled with sound. He set it to a specific song and walked back over to you.

“’Let Out The Beast’, good choice,” you winked at him.

He smiled and gestured at you, “Why don’t you show me what you got?”

Your cheeks turned pink and you waved your hands in front of you, “Oh, no no, I’m no good at free-styling,” you let out a chuckle and Xiumin gave you a pout.

“But you did pretty well in front of the judges!” He protested.

“Well… yeah but… you go first!” You grinned, “I’ll only feel comfortable if you go before me.”

He sighed, “Fine…” The music was still playing in the background as you two were talking. He began to jump in place, trying to match the beat of the song before beginning. He moved his arms and his legs with such force, matching every step with the beat of the hard-going song. You were super impressed.

After about 30 seconds, Xiumin stopped and you clapped. He grinned and once again, gestured over to you, a signal for you to begin your freestyle. You obeyed this time and began to move your legs in a Top Rocking motion, soon you began to move your arms. You, too, hit the beats of the song pretty well. The song was coming to an end, and you decided to attempt at a B-BOY pose, but you completely failed. Your feet entangled and you came down with a crash, you looked hurt.
 

“Oh no! Are you okay!?” Xiumin came rushing over to you, he looked at you with concern until he could see your face, a big, bright smile on it. You began to laugh.

“Wow! I was never that into a freestyle before!” You rubbed your angle that you fell on and looked up at Xiumin, “So, what do you have in store for today?”
 

Xiumin gave you a warm smile, “I planned on teaching you a dance, actually.”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDwIOdJF3A  [THIS DANCE]

 

 You tiled your head to the side, curious. He sat down next to you and pulled out his phone. He went through it and found a video, when he clicked play you leaned over to look at the screen. It looked so familiar, and then it hit you, it was an EXO teaser, Kai’s to be exact. “What Is Love” played as Kai danced around with a jacket and a hat. You giggled. It was amusing to watch someone dance with inanimate objects. After the video was over Xiumin stood up and put his hands out for you. You grabbed them and stood up. “So, we’re going to do a duet dance to this song, ok?” He smiled.

“But isn’t it just a one person dance?” You asked

“Well,” He thought, “I can be Kai, and you can be the jacket!”

You didn’t know whether to feel offended by that or not, but then you thought about how close you two would have to get to perform this dance. “Umm…” you spoke up, “Don’t we need to get a little close for that dance?”

“Yes? Is there a problem with being close to me?” He dramatically gasped, putting a hand to his chest.

You chuckled, “I guess not.” I need to stay as far away from his face as possible unless he wants to feel the heat radiating from my cheeks… You thought to yourself.

He motioned for you to come over to him, he was already ready with his fedora on, replicating the one in the teaser. He took one glance at you before smirking and pulling you in extremely close to him. You felt your back tingle as he ran his hand slowly down your spine. Your head shot up at him and glared, “Yah.”

His face went from a smirk to a pout, “Sorry, just trying to act in ‘Kai Character.’”

You let out a little giggle, his expressions were too cute. “Fine, but only because it’s for a dance.”

Xiumin’s pout once again turned into a smirk, as he pulled you in once more.

---

 

The two of you practiced for hours, each one of your faces drenched in sweat. You did one last move in synchronization and collapsed on the floor. Xiumin lied on his back, with your head on top of his stomach, you moved up and down from his heavy breathing. “I can’t… believe… we learned it all. I feel like I lost 20 pounds.” You said in between breaths. You wiped some sweat from your forehead and flipped over so that you were now on your belly facing him.

“I can’t believe it either, and it only took us a few hours,” He sat up and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you in tightly to his chest as he rubbed his, still sweaty, face on your head, “You did so well!”

“Say, what time is it anyways?” You asked, looking up at him.

He looked down at you, then back at the digital clock, then back at you with his eyes widened. “5:05.” Your eyes widened from this too, you two were supposed to be long gone by 4:00. The two of you got dead silent as you heard the sound of keys and noises of children coming from outside. You both looked straight at one another, giving each other “what do we do?” looks. Xiumin looked to his left and noticed a small janitor’s closet. He squinted hard to see if it was open, and to his luck, there was a slight crack in the doorway.

“Get up and run over there,” He pushed on your back and pointed toward the closet.

You quietly opened the door and motioned for him to come over, “Its small, but it’ll work for now,” you whispered.

You two got in and closed the door. As that happened, you heard the front door open, kids running all over.

“Phew,” you let out a sigh. You sat down and adjusted yourself to such a tight space. You and Xiumin were so squished, there was barely any room for you to move your arms and legs. Xiumin let out a sigh as well, squirming around trying to get in a good sitting position.

After a few minutes of silence, Xiumin decided to break the ice, “Soo…” he began.

You looked up at him, “Sooooo…” you replied awkwardly.

He lifted his hand so that you could give him a handshake. You looked at him in total confusion, but gave him one. “Hi, nice to meet you, I’m Minseok,” he grinned.

“Um… what?” You asked, “Are you okay? I know who you are I’ve already met you, maybe you’re getting sick.” Worried, you put your hand on his forehead, he seemed fine.

He chuckled and gently took your hand off, “No silly, I mean my real name is Minseok, not Xiumin.”

“I know that, and your point is?” You still seemed very confused.

“It means I want you to call me by my real name, not my stage name,” He gave you a big warm smile.

“Wha—why?”

“Because,” He stopped to place a hand on your head, petting it, “I don’t like it when my friends call me ‘Xiumin.’”

Your face turned a shade of pink, “I-I’m your friend?” you asked in surprise.

“Of course you are!” He laughed, “Why, am I not your friend?”

“Wha— O-of course you are!” You waved your hands in defense, “I just didn’t think you viewed me as a friend. Y’know because you’re famous and all, and I’m just… a person.”

He frowned and continued to pet your head, “Don’t say that, of course I’d be your friend. Famous or not.”

You looked up at him. Something in your eyes twinkled, causing Xiu—Minseok to blush a little.

 

---

 

The two of you ended up talking quietly in the janitor’s closet for hours. Neither of you had realized how late it had gotten, and you most definitely didn’t realize that you had fallen asleep… on each other.

You had woken up on something. A pillow? No this was a bit harder than a pillow. You slowly opened your eyes and realized that you had been sleeping on Minseok’s shoulder, with his head resting on yours. You slowly lifted your head and shook him. “Minseok, Minseok wake up.”

He slowly opened his eyes, “Hrmmm?” He murmured, still drowsy from his slumber.

“I think we fell asleep…”

“You think?” He let out a soft chuckle.

He got up opened the door slightly. It was night time, and the lights were still on. “Hm? That’s weird why are the lights still on?” He wondered walking outside. You followed him and noticed a white piece of paper taped onto one of the mirrors. You pointed to it and he took it off the mirror to read it.

 

“Hey Xiumin.

I know you two are still hiding in the room somewhere. You two forgot to put your bags away before I walked in.

Don’t worry, though, I’m not mad. I think it’s quite cute.

Just don’t mess up my dance room by doing what all you young kids do these days.

I left the keys on the desk so you could lock up.”

 

Xiumin covered his face with his hand, embarrassed that his friend had found out that you two had still been there. Why couldn’t he just come looking for you guys earlier?

“Come on, Hyunjae, let’s get you home.” Xiumin told you, walking to the door.

“Hm? Okay,” You walked with him, still curious about the note.

 

 

What and interesting dance session… You thought to yourself.

 

 

 

 


 

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

I hope you guys don't get confused with the whole Xiumin / Minseok switch off throughout the rest of the story OTL

Once again, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while T v T

I have finals next week, so don't expect another update any time soon ; - ; 

BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST!!

For now, take these Xiumin gifs <3

 

  unf. yes.