.:Chapter 1:.

Beauty And The Baozi

 

Looking up at the SM TOWN building that stood before you, you take a deep breath in, “Well, this is it I guess…” sticking your hands in your pockets, you walk into the building you thought you’d never dare go in.

 

“Do I really have to do this, Hyeran?” you asked your sister, well she wasn’t your actual sister, but she was so close to you that she might as well be.

Hyeran nodded and gave you a slight smirk, “Of course you do, Hyunjae! Do you know that this chance may never come again!”

She was right, this was one of the only times that SM Entertainment had ever had open auditions. (a/n yes I know that SM has auditions every Sunday but I wanted to make it so it was rare for them to have auditions) Although it wasn’t in your best interest to try out for an Entertainment such as SM, you loved to sing and dance and this wasn’t an opportunity that should be passed up. “Eh… I guess I could go for it.. but I doubt I’m what they’re looking for,” you sighed, lowering your head.

Hyeran let out a sigh as well and took you into her arms. “Look at me, Hyunjae,” Hyeran smiled and slightly tilted her head, you lifted your head and she continued, “I know you have the potential, my little girl, don’t think I’ve never spied on you while you sung your heart out when getting ready for school or cooking dinner~”

“YOU WHAT!?” you jumped back, your chubby cheeks becoming bright pink. No matter how close you were to Hyeran, you have never ever let her hear you sing. Oh, maybe that’s why you never chose to audition, because you were waaaay to scared others would judge you . That and you found yourself super fat, but no one has yet to bring that up to your face, only behind your back.

“Like I said, Hyunjae, you have potential, trust me.” She smiled and you smiled too. She had a right to be trusted, not only was she the closest family member to you, other than your older brother, she was the one who inspired you to start singing in the first place. She herself was an amazing singer. She gave you a nice big hug, “and I have the perfect outfit for you to wear, too~”

“F-fine..” you finally gave in, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad?

----

          

“I was wrong, this is so bad,” you mumbled quietly to yourself. You sat in a boring and stuffy waiting room with hundreds of others waiting to audition. You had to admit, everyone in here had a better chance of getting into this entertainment than you did. To make things worse, the dress that Hyeran lent you was extremely itchy, especially around your rump area. The only thing you could do was squirm around in your, quite uncomfortable, wooden chair. This only made matters worse when everyone started looking at you. Embarrassed, you stopped and looked down at the sticker one of the staff had given you on the way to the waiting room. 006797. At that moment you heard the loudspeaker, “May we have number 6642, 6642.” You sighed, this was going to be a long wait.

You had never realized it, but you had fallen asleep quickly after you heard number 6642 being called. You probably would have never woken up until you felt a light tap on your shoulder. “Hm?” you asked drowsily.

“Um, are you number 6797?” A little girl, maybe about 11, replied.  You slowly nodded, still sleepy. “Well, they just called the number, quite a few times actually…” Your eyes widened and you immediately shot up out of your seat.

“THEY WHAT!?!” you began to run to audition room, “Thank you so much!” you looked back at the somewhat startled girl that helped you, and continued to run. You stopped short, though, when you got to the door of the room. You took a quick look out the window, it was dark. When you first sat down in the waiting room, it was quite light now, maybe around 3:00 PM? By now, though, it was pretty dark, you’d say around 9:00 PM. You then turned your attention back to the door and knocked.

“Please come in number 6797,” you heard one of the judges say in a very monotone voice, almost like a robot. You took a deep breath and walked in, only for you to lose the ability to breathe once again. It wasn’t because there were 3 scary judges in the room glaring at you as you walked in, no it wasn’t that, it was the 4 other extremely good looking young men in the room with them. And of course you knew who they were, everyone knew who they were. Kai, Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Xiumin from EXO sat at a large table with the judges. You continued to walk towards the middle of the room and took your place. You looked up at the 4 EXO members, a tint of red on your face.

“Oh she’s pretty adorable,” Kyungsoo whispered to Kai, but he just continued to give you an intimidating glare causing you to shiver a little.

“Aw, look at her chubby cheeks, Xiumin, she looks like your type,” Luhan nudged Xiumin. Xiumin looked up at you, and noticed you looking at him. He blushed a little but quickly turned away, he had to admit though, you were quite adorable.

Although he turned to hide his blushing face, you caught a glimpse of it. Did he just…?

“Miss Lee, will you please state the song you will be singing for this audition,” one of the judges asked.

“Ah!” You had got so caught up in preparing your voice for this audition, that you didn’t take any time to choose a song. You decided to go for one of your favorite songs, “I’ll be singing ‘I Will Show You’ by Ailee,” you confidently said. The judges were surprised at such a song choice, they didn’t think you’d be the type to sing such a powerful song. They were completely thrown aback, though, and enjoyed your voice. They asked you to sing a few more songs before asking you to freestyle for them. By the end of your singing session, all of the EXO members there had respect for you, except for the stubborn Kai of course.

            Lucky for you, you were quite familiar with the song they chose for you to freestyle to. It was the demo version for EXO’s “Let Out The Beast.” You yourself had actually made a choreography to it, and decided to use that. Maybe they wouldn’t notice. And once again, lucky for you, they didn’t. When you were done, the judges clapped a little, while Kai on the other hand gave you a standing ovation followed by his signature smirk, “You did good, Miss Lee, I wouldn’t have expected that from someone like you.” He chuckled.

“Thank…you…” you bowed and continued to pant, still trying to catch your breath. Wait—someone like me? What is that supposed to mean?

“We really did enjoy your performance for us Miss Lee,” a judge said with a stone cold face. Is he being sarcastic? I can’t even tell, you thought. “We do have one more question for you, though.” You slapped your chubby cheeks and stood up straight—Wait. Now you realized what Kai was trying to say. “May we ask, what your weight is, Miss Lee?”

You froze up, your face beginning to burn up. Would they judge you if you told the truth, or would they scold you if you told a lie. “64 kilograms…” you whispered.

“I’m sorry what was that?” A judge asked, there was some sort of sinister tone in his voice.

“I’M 64 KILOGRAMS, OK. ARE YOU HAPP—“ You quickly shut yourself up tears beginning to form in your eyes, you had forgotten who you were talking to. The EXO members were slightly taken aback, not by your weight, but how sensitive you were about it. The judges, though, began to whisper and discuss whether or not you’d make it to the next round.

“Miss Lee…” A judge finally spoke up.

“…Yes…” you bowed your head, you already knew what painful answer was coming. Xiumin noticed how troubled you looked and gave a sincere frown. Luhan took note of how Xiumin was looking at you and gave a small smile, poking Kai and Kyungsoo to look at him, they too started to smile. You didn’t notice any of that though.

“We have come to the conclusion that you are quite a talented young lady, but we don’t feel that you are ready to be apart of the SM family just ye—“

 

SLAM

 

You, the judges, and 3 EXO members jumped when Xiumin stood up, slamming his hands on the table. “You have got to be kidding me!” He shouted at the 3 judges, who looked quite frightened. “I heard you 3, you all thought she had an amazing voice and she was a good dance. I thought she was an amazing singer, and so did the rest of us, but the minute she goes and tells you her weight, you don’t think she’s ready?” Tears started to drip down your cheeks, this was the most anyone had ever stood up for you, but he wasn’t done yet. “I don’t get what’s wrong with you people! Why must you be so picky on appearance and care so little for talent! So what if she isn’t as skinny as the other trainees, I think she’s adorab—“ Xiumin was cut off by Luhan’s hand covering his mouth. Xiumin squirmed, but Luhan wouldn’t let go.

You finally got the courage to look up at the judges, your eyes were red and your cheeks were stained with tears. The EXO members looked at you with sympathy as you began to speak, “It’s fine. I don’t need this entertainment anyways, what’s the point of even trying here if I don’t look fit for the position? This was such a waste of time.” You ripped the sticker off of your dress and threw it on the floor. You stormed out of the room, making sure to step on the sticker as you made your way out.

Xiumin finally managed to get Luhan to let go of him, “WAIT—“ he shouted, getting up out of his seat and began to head to the door.

“And where do you think you’re going young man? Haven’t you caused enough trouble already?” A judge asked sternly, none of the judges were happy with the little scene caused by you and Xiumin.

“I’m going to catch up to her of course, and make her not feel like crap, unlike you heartless people,” he spat running out the door the find you.

Everyone in the room remained both dumbfounded, and silent. “Bring in the next person.” A judge sternly spoke through the intercom. “Let’s just hope that boy doesn’t come back any time soon.”

           

 

 


FIRST CHAPTER WOOT WOOT! 

Wow, I was supposed to write this AGES ago. Oh well, sorry its so short and such a boring start to a fanfiction. ;___;

But don't worry! It will start getting fluffy next chapter, and i'll try to make the chapter a little longer I swear c;< 

So please subscribe if you haven't already! Also don't forget to comment, I need all the critiques I can get OTL

I'll try my best to update tomorrow, or as soon as possible <3

- kyungminnie