DooRaeMi Couple

Take Care of my Girlfriend

Dongwoon sat pouting on the couch of MAKIKO’s living room. Every now and then everyone, amidst the chaos, heard him breath out a sigh.

“Yah, get to work,” YoSeob said, trying to drag him off the couch by pulling on one of his limp arms.

“Ah, that’s okay YoSeob, just let him lie there for now,” KaHee said nervously, pulling on one of YoSeob’s arms. Finally YoSeob gave up and let Dongwoon plop down back onto the couch. KaHee sighed in relief and dragged YoSeob into the kitchen with her so that he could help her bake a cake.

RaeIn laughed to herself after watching the amusing scene and went back to her task at hand: blowing balloons. DooJoon was helping her blow balloons also, making his trademark blowfish faces as he did so. KiKwang had High Kick filming at the moment, so he couldn’t join them quite yet. JunHyung was off who-knows-where. As for HyunSeung, he was given the task of keeping JulSu busy while they prepared her surprise birthday party. However, he was completely unaware that he was part of the surprise as well. He specifically told the BEAST members that he did not really want to celebrate his birthday party, so he was fine with distracting JulSu.

MAKIKO had a performance earlier that morning, and afterwards HyunSeung picked up JulSu, telling her that he wanted to congratulate her for her hard work for that performance. Since JulSu was a fan of HyunSeung, she agreed right away. No one present was sure what HyunSeung prepared to keep JulSu distracted, and this was a main reason why Dongwoon was sulking around instead of helping prepare the living room for the party.

“Poor maknae,” DooJoon said, laughing at his friend.

“It’s not funny!” Dongwoon whined. KaHee, who had just walked in to grab her apron, did not comprehend the situation, so she replied, “It is fun!” as she walked back into the kitchen.

“Are you worried about what JulSu and HyunSeung are doing right now?” RaeIn asked, as she tied a knot on the balloon.

“Yes.”

“Just call HyunSeung. I don’t think they’re doing anything particularly special.”

“I’ll call HyunSeung,” DooJoon teased.

“No, that’s okay. I don’t want to bother them…” Dongwoon said dully.

“She doesn’t usually go for maknaes though, right?” DooJoon directed towards RaeIn, though whispering too loudly. RaeIn replied by shaking her head in agreement as she blew into her current balloon. Dongwoon rolled over on the couch and landed on the floor with a thud.

“How many balloons do you have left, anyway?” DooJoon asked, ignoring the fallen maknae. He looked over at the bag of balloons next to RaeIn to try to count.

“This is my last one,” RaeIn answered after catching her breath. “But we still have to set everything up in the living room.”

“Oh yeah, I know. But let’s take a break first, so hurry and finish that one up.”

“I guess that is fair,” RaeIn said, finishing up the last balloon. DooJoon waited patiently as she tied the knot onto the balloon. He was getting anxious when RaeIn’s fingers slipped up a couple times, making things take longer than they had to. Finally, RaeIn was able to complete the last balloon, and DooJoon immediately grabbed a hold of her nearest hand and commenced to drag her out the door.

“Wah, wait! Where are we going?” RaeIn asked, stumbling after DooJoon, with quite a bit of difficulty since one of her legs fell asleep. DooJoon pulled her out the door, when suddenly he stopped, causing RaeIn to crash into his back.

“Oh, don’t forget a sweater,” he said happily, pushing her back inside the apartment. She stumbled inside and into her room, grabbing her sweater, then meeting him back outside. She put on her sweater and they started walking, not forgetting to let their friends know they were leaving for a bit.

“Where are we going, oppa?” RaeIn asked, following him. They were walking to the end of the hallway.

“Just right here,” DooJoon said, peeking around the corner before stopping suddenly. He turned back with a worried look on his face. He checked his pockets, looking for something. “Would you happen to have my wallet?”

“No, you never gave it to me,” RaeIn replied.

“Could you check, please?” RaeIn nodded and started checking inside her pockets also. She was pretty positive they weren’t in her pants pockets, proving herself correct after checking. She then moved onto her jacket pockets. She dug her hands into them, when suddenly her hands wrapped around something. This was odd, since she didn’t remember putting anything into her pockets.

“Oh,” she said, surprised. “What’s this?” She pulled out the object, revealing that it was a box. Confused, she tried opening it, revealing a folded up piece of paper. She peeked underneath and found a necklace inside, with a pendant shaped like two eighth notes with the letters “D” and “R” inscribed. With wide eyes she looked up at DooJoon, who at this point was grinning widely.

“Read the note,” he said, reaching for the box so she could have both hands free to unfold the note.

Happy 100 Days~

“You remembered?” Beside this question, RaeIn was speechless. She was totally under the impression that they would not be celebrating their 100 days. However, now that she knew he remembered, she was totally ecstatic. DooJoon walked behind her and carefully placed the necklace around her neck.

“Because we’re the DooRaeMi musical couple, right?” DooJoon walked back in front of her with smiling eyes. He bent forward a little to match RaeIn’s height and held out his matching necklace that he was hiding under his shirt. RaeIn looked down and picked up her own to examine it more, taking in each detail, her eyes sparkling.

“Oh, wait and here,” DooJoon said, running around the corner to hide, then reemerging with a bouquet of flowers and a heart-shaped balloon. All of the cuteness and kindness was just too much to handle, and she immediately pounced onto her boyfriend to give him a gigantic hug.

“So did she start crying yet?” A head stuck out from behind the corner.

“YoSeob?” RaeIn inquired, recognizing the voice. Unbeknownst to RaeIn, YoSeob had been hiding there, carrying the bouquet the whole time.

“What are you doing? Go back! Go hide!” DooJoon hissed at his friend. With his arms still wrapped around her, he tried to turn RaeIn around so she wouldn’t see his partner in crime. He failed & she continued to turn so she could see.

“Did he ask if I was crying?” RaeIn asked, during her ‘waltz’ with DooJoon, her voice muffled from DooJoon’s body.

“No, there’s no one there,” DooJoon replied, still trying to play it off. YoSeob started rolling on the ground laughing at his leader.

“I knew she wasn’t going to cry! Hyung, I told you!”

“Yah!” DooJoon directed at YoSeob.

“You thought I was going to cry?” RaeIn asked DooJoon amused, letting a chuckle escape. “Why would I cry?”

“Happy tears?” DooJoon suggested, defeated. YoSeob, who was still on the ground catching his breath, whispered, “You owe me!” DooJoon quickly retorted with a “Shut up!”

RaeIn just laughed. She pulled on DooJoon’s collar to bring his face closer to hers and she gave him a peck on the cheek. Then she scooped up the bouquet and balloon from his arms before turning to go back to the apartment. “Thanks, oppa!”

DooJoon touched a hand to his cheek, content. However, after thinking a bit, his satisfaction turned into disappointment. He yelled after RaeIn, “Yah! Just the cheek? That’s it?”

——-

“JiYong-hyung, what’s next on my schedule?” JunHyung asked the manager, using a towel to wipe off sweat from his brow.

“Actually, there’s nothing left on your schedule. You’re done for the day,” JiYong said, checking his planner.

“Really?” JunHyung took a couple gulps of water from his water bottle. He was currently in the BEAST practice room. Earlier, he had a radio show, and before that he had a short interview for a piece on rappers. “I could have sworn there was something else I had to do today.”

“Well, there’s Hyunseung’s party,” JiYong suggested.

“Hmm,” JunHyung replied, mulling over the suggestion. “Today’s date sounded familiar though…” He wrinkled his brow in contemplation. In the background, JiYong was just looking through his planner, double-checking to make sure that JunHyung had nothing else planned.

JunHyung took another gulp of water, when suddenly he remembered DooJoon’s necklaces. “Ah, I remember now,” he muttered under his breath. “DooJoon’s and RaeIn’s 100 days is today also…”

“What was that?” JiYong asked him, using his finger as a place-marker for his planner.

“Nothing,” JunHyung said, twisting the cap of his water bottle closed. “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t have anything else to do today.” He glanced at his watch. “There’s plenty of time actually, I guess I’ll go back and help the others set up for the party.”

——-

“Sorry,” RaeIn giggled, her hand jumping away from DooJoon’s. They were hanging decorations on the walls now, and in the process they accidentally brushed hands. The couple was being flirtatious with one another, still feeling the high from the preceding events.

“Gosh, guys. Don’t be like this in front of people,” YoSeob said cutting in between the couple and hanging an arm around each of them.

“Oh, what are you doing here? Why aren’t you in the kitchen?” DooJoon asked. RaeIn became flustered, and a bit embarrassed from YoSeob’s words.

YoSeob let go of the two, shrugging. “I don’t know. KaHee no longer required my assistance, I guess.”

“You made such a mess!” YoSeob ducked down, closing his eyes and covering his ears – total defense mode. DooJoon and RaeIn turned their heads and saw behind them an angry maknae. Her apron was dusty with flour now. Actually, traces of flour could be found all over her body. She held up a wooden spoon and pointed it accusingly towards YoSeob. “YoSeob’s out! DongWoon – kitchen!” she ordered.

KaHee changed the direction of her spoon and pointed it instead at her fellow maknae, who was still slumped over on the couch. Despite being older than her, DongWoon quickly jumped up and followed KaHee into the kitchen. KaHee slammed the kitchen door shut with a bang.

DooJoon and RaeIn redirected their attention at the light-haired boy still crouched on the floor.

“What did you do?” DooJoon asked. YoSeob opened one eye and looked up cautiously at his hyung. Glimpsing back to make sure the kitchen door was closed (and that he was safe) he got up, sighing.

“Where is KiKwang when you need him? KaHee gets so angry when she doesn’t see him!”

“What happened?” RaeIn and DooJoon were interested in what got the MAKIKO maknae all riled up.

“Well, first I accidentally spilled a bit of sugar. Not too much though!” YoSeob insisted. “But I kind of got a lot of flour everywhere… And you know how she gets when things get messy. So she kicked me out.” From behind the kitchen door, the trio could hear DongWoon being yelled at by KaHee. YoSeob shivered. “I’m so glad to be out of there. I feel safe now.”

“Well, now you get to help us hang decorations,” DooJoon said, stuffing a pile of streamers into his friend’s hands.

“Aww, man, okay…” YoSeob said, accepting the job. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door. The three each glanced at each other, expecting each other to answer the door. RaeIn saw that both of her companion’s hands were full, and sighed.

“Okay, okay, I’ll get the door.” She jumped off the chair she was standing on and rushed over to see who was there. Behind the door was JunHyung.

“Oppa, you’re here!” She exclaimed, quite shocked at his presence.

“Yeah, yeah, I am…” he said, sliding through the door and past her into the living room.

“Oh, JunHyung!” YoSeob and DooJoon greeted him happily. YoSeob was especially happy to see him as he immediately gave him half of his share of streamers. The two began to hang the streamers on the opposite end of the room. RaeIn walked back over to her spot next to DooJoon. Her mood had soured, though DooJoon could not notice the change right away. He looked over at the table next to him and noticed the party favors, deciding to pick up one of the blowouts. They were blue, decorated with balloon designs. Turning to RaeIn, he playfully blew one out in front of her face. Afterwards he laughed, expecting her to laugh along. However, she did not.

“Hey,” he nudged her arm with his. “What’s wrong?” She looked over at him dully then shot a piercing look towards JunHyung. With a huff, she turned back to hang some balloons on the wall. DooJoon looked behind him then back at RaeIn, eyes wide. “What did YoSeob do?”

“Not YoSeob,” RaeIn hissed, punching him lightly in the stomach and shushing him for talking too loud.

“JunHyung? But he just got here.”

“I didn’t know he was going to be here!” RaeIn replied.

“Why don’t you want him to be here?” DooJoon asked, confused.

“It’s not that I don’t. But he said he was too busy.”

“Well, he’s here now, so I guess he wasn’t too busy.”

“Whatever! I’m pissed! He lied! He shouldn’t do that.”

“Oh,” DooJoon said, hanging up one end of a streamer. “I guess so.” RaeIn looked back again towards YoSeob and JunHyung.

“Look at him,” RaeIn said, disgusted. “He doesn’t even care. Why is he helping? He’s not even doing it right!”

“I think he’s doing fine,” DooJoon said, trying to calm her down. JunHyung was, in fact, actually doing an okay job, teaming up with YoSeob to color coordinate the different streamers and hang them up together.

Suddenly, the kitchen door burst open again and DongWoon hurried into the living room. KaHee followed behind him, sighing. “DongWoon’s out.” She looked up and noticed that JunHyung had joined the group. Her eyes lit up.

“JunHyung-umma!” She ran up to him. “I’m so glad you’re here. It’s so hard keeping these kids in control.” She caught him off guard when she grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the kitchen. “You get to help me in the kitchen now!”

After watching the two disappear into the kitchen, DooJoon, RaeIn and YoSeob noticed DongWoon collapse onto the couch again.

“What happened with you?” YoSeob asked, hovering over DongWoon.

“She said I was moping too much,” DongWoon said sadly. You could hear DooJoon mutter under his breath, “You are.” RaeIn gave another light punch in the stomach to chastise him. DongWoon made a random “oomph” noise when YoSeob suddenly piled some streamers and party favors into DongWoon’s lap.

“Well, I guess you get to take JunHyung’s share then,” YoSeob said, clapping his hands together. “Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” DongWoon groaned, with no more words left to whine with.

“Well, at least JunHyung’s not in here anymore. He wasn’t even much help, right YoSeob?” RaeIn spat out bitterly. DooJoon sighed, not even knowing how to feel. YoSeob looked at her confused. DongWoon was sitting up on the couch now, staring off into space.