Picnic with Bakery

Take Care of my Girlfriend

 

“Boo! Did we scare you?” Shelly giggled into the camera.

“Welcome back to our spooky episode of ‘Picnic with Bakery!’” said Andro.

“It’s kind of late for Halloween…”

“Shh!” Rafi interrupted Derrick. “That’s okay because now we have another excuse to have guests on our show!”

“Yeah, we have a lot of guests for you today! First let’s welcome our Super Junior sunbaenims, DongHae and EunHyuk,” said Shelly.

Andro introduced the next guests. “Next we have our good friends from MAKIKO, RaeIn and KaHee!”

“SNSD’s YoonA and TaeYeon!” continued Derrick.

“And last but not least, BEAST’s DooJoon and JunHyung!”

Bakery’s guests filed out one-by-one as they were being called. Now they stood in a line, striking a pose as the camera panned over them.

“So,” Andro began. “Our scriptwriters took the time to find a scary old—“

“—and haunted—“ Rafi interjected.

“—house that we’re going to explore.”

“Well, actually, it will be more like a scavenger hunt,” Derrick added.

“We’ll be in teams, right? Not by ourselves?” KaHee asked, clutching onto the arm of her leader.

“Yup, there will be teams,” Shelly clarified.

“Okay, good,” YoonA breathed a sigh of relief. She was clutching onto her leader as well.

“But they will be teams of two,” Shelly continued.

“Okay!” Rafi yelled, holding up strips of paper. She began to pass them out to the boys. “We’re going to be splitting up into pairs: one boy and one girl. So you guys write your names on these pieces of paper, and girls will draw!”

After the boys wrote their names down, they folded the papers in half and placed them into a bowl that Rafi held out for them. Rafi handed the bowl off to Andro so that the girls could draw out names.

“All right, let’s get started!” Andro announced. “Guys: when your name is called, stand next to the girl who said it!” The girls stood in a line from left to right: first RaeIn, then KaHee, Shelly, Yoona, Taeyeon, and finally Rafi. “To make this fair,” Andro continued, “I won’t be going in order.” He stood in front of KaHee and smiled, holding out the bowl.

“Ah, I don’t know why I’m so nervous,” KaHee said. She stuck her hand in the bowl and mixed the papers around a little bit before pulling out a name. “Derrick.” Immediately, Derrick ran over to stand next to his partner.

Next, Andro stood next to TaeYeon, who drew EunHyuk’s name. Soon, EunHyuk was by her side as well. When Andro got to YoonA, she drew DongHae’s name (much to his disappointment). Then he reached RaeIn.

“All right, let’s see who I get,” RaeIn sang. After mixing the papers around, she pulled one out.

“Who’d you get?” Andro asked expectantly, since he was one of the three guys left.

“DooJoon,” RaeIn gulped, watching as her partner walked over next to her. As the two stood next to each other, they left a small gap in between, which wasn’t left unnoticed by their friends. However, for the sake of filming, everyone tried to play it off, and Andro continued on to Rafi, who drew JunHyung, and Shelly, who drew Andro.

“Okay, so we lied,” Shelly blurted out. “These are not the final groups.” This evoked a round of surprised reactions from the guests. Shelly continued. “Now let’s number off. Boys start from DooJoon-oppa, girls start from Rafi.” The guests did as they were told until the boys and girls were numbered off from 1 to 6.

“Okay, now that we have the pairings settled, let’s head off to the haunted house!” the Bakery MC’s exclaimed. The camera followed each pair as they posed for a picture before entering the van they were taking to the haunted house. First: Rafi and Doojoon, then Derrick and TaeYeon, then Andro and YoonA, then Shelly and DongHae, then KaHee and EunHyuk, and finally RaeIn and JunHyung.

“Aish,” DooJoon thought as he sat in the back seat with Rafi. “So close to getting paired up with RaeIn…”

——-

The group drove up to a house in the country side. By the time they got there it was already quite dark, which emphasized how dark the house was itself. It looked old, wooden, and rickety – it had to be at least two to three floors high. The idols stood with their partners in line as the camera crew filmed them.

“We have another surprise for you guys,” Derrick stated.

“We have another special guest,” Rafi continued.

“We can’t host the show by ourselves while we’re playing the game, so let’s welcome our guest host, MC 350!” Andro introduced MC 350 as he ran out from behind the idol members, his arms outstretched and his long hair bouncing with him. Once he reached the front, he bowed in front of the camera before turning around to wave at his friends with both hands.

“All right,” said MC 350 as he clapped his hands together. “Now that we’re all here, let’s get the game started!” He passed around a sheet of paper to each team. He held up the last copy to the camera so the audience could see what was going on. “The teams are about to go on a scavenger hunt. All they will have is this sheet of paper and a camera. There are 12 items on this sheet of paper – I prepared this myself, with no help from the Bakery members, so they don’t have any advantage. Anyway, each team will have two hours to take pictures of as many items that they can find find. They have to be back before time runs out, though, or they’ll lose points. Of course, winners get a prize and losers get a penalty, but I won’t give that away right now.” MC 350 ended with a wink before signaling the teams to head inside the house to start the scavenger hunt.

“What… is this?” EunHyuk asked, turning the paper around, trying to decipher the images. Beside her, KaHee shrugged, trying to decipher the images as well. DooJoon and Rafi quickly ran past them and up the staircase.

“Whoa, calm down,” KaHee said, almost losing her balance. Fortunately, EunHyuk was able to stabilize her.

“Where are you going?” Rafi complained. “We should go left!”

“’Go left,’ she says,” DooJoon mocked. He pulled his partner’s arm in the direction he wanted to go as he added, “Clearly we should be going right.”

“They’re expecting us to go right! If we go right, we lose!” Rafi yelled, pulling her arm away.

“Fine!” DooJoon said, letting go. “You can go that way, but I’m going this way.”

“Fine!” Rafi yelled back as the two split up. Once she started walking though, the corridors seemed to get darker and darker, and she quickly changed her mind, running back toward her partner and grabbing onto his arm. “Wait! Okay, fine! We’ll go this way… but we’re going to lose!”

Meanwhile, DongHae shook his head, looking at the sheet of paper. “Where do you think we should go, Shelly?”

“Mm… I think we should check out the kitchen. This looks like a spoon, doesn’t it?” Shelly mused, pointing a finger to her lip.

“You’re right. You’re so smart!” DongHae complimented, ruffling the hair of his dongsaeng.

“Hey! Oppa, my hair!” Shelly blushed as she smoothed out her hair. Then the pair ventured off to look for the kitchen.

“Did you hear that?” Andro whispered to YoonA.

“Kitchen?” YoonA grinned. Andro grinned back and the two stealthily followed the Shelly-DongHae pair.

“Darn, they followed them before we could,” Derrick said to his partner, TaeYeon, who was busy turning the sheet of paper around.

“I think we should look for this one,” she said, pointing to the picture in the middle.

“What is that?” Derrick asked, looking over TaeYeon’s shoulder at the sheet of paper.

“Mm… it looks like a faucet? …a broken faucet?”

“So it should be in one of the bathrooms, or maybe the kitchen?” Derrick shrugged but grabbed her hand so they could search the first floor.

“You’re not scared?” JunHyung asked as RaeIn took the lead on their search. RaeIn shook her head and kept walking, taking a glimpse into the next empty room she saw. Shaking her head, she continued walking. “What are we looking for anyway?”

“The doll or the doll house,” RaeIn said, holding up the piece of paper. They should be in the same place, right? Try to find a little girl’s room.” She glimpsed into another empty room and her eyes lit up. “Nevermind, I found it.”

She hurriedly walked in the room, excited to (hopefully) be close to their first found item. However, as JunHyung was about to follow her inside, RaeIn shrieked and ran back out, running into JunHyung who quickly enveloped her in his arms.

“What happened?” JunHyung asked wide-eyed as the frightened RaeIn buried her face into his chest. She mumbled something unintelligible and pointed inside.

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you,” JunHyung said.

RaeIn lifted her head and meekly said, “There’s a spider.”

JunHyung’s expression turned into one of disbelief and he laughed at his partner. “A spider, that’s it?”

“Yah!” RaeIn said as she slapped his shoulder, pushing herself off him. “I hate spiders!” She pointed inside the room with one hand and gave the camera to JunHyung with the other. “Go look for the doll!” she commanded.

“Why me? I hate spiders, too,” JunHyung said jokingly denying the camera.

“No! You go!” RaeIn exclaimed, shoving the laughing boy into the room.

“But I really don’t like spiders,” JunHyung muttered, but he went in the room by himself anyway as RaeIn cautiously stood near the door, looking around to make sure there were no other arachnids sneaking up on her.

——-

At this time, KaHee and EunHyuk decided to go through the rooms one-by-one. KaHee held onto EunHyuk’s arm tightly, keeping one eye shut, as they entered a bedroom on the first floor.

“Boo!” EunHyuk yelled, which caused KaHee to squeal and hold on tighter to him. She shut both eyes tightly now, expecting something to jump out at her. When she noticed EunHyuk laughing she opened her eyes and shook his arm to chastise him for scaring her.

“Don’t do that, I’m scared,” she cried, returning to her position with one eye closed.

EunHyuk held the paper out and looked around the room. He dragged KaHee to the bed and compared the picture to the frame.

“Found it!” he exclaimed, signaling for KaHee to take a picture. Cautiously she detached herself from EunHyuk’s arm and snapped a picture before quickly grabbing onto him again.

“Okay, okay, let’s go!” she said trying to pull them both out of the room.

——-

“Yah! Let me out!” Rafi yelled, angrily banging on the door of a bedroom on the second floor. DooJoon snickered as he held the door closed from the other side.

“This isn’t funny!” Rafi continued yelling, pleading with her partner to set her free. “I already took the picture, so let me out!” She was currently in the master bedroom, where she and DooJoon found the third item on the list: an antique mirror.

“I was right to choose this way, huh? Do you agree to follow my lead now?” DooJoon teased.

“Yah~” Rafi continued to yell and bang on the door, and the camera crew continued to record as DooJoon continued to laughed. However, he stopped laughing once all the yelling and the pounding on the door came to an abrupt stop.

“Yah, Rafi, what happened?” DooJoon asked, stifling his snickers. When there was no reply, it was his turn to knock on the door. “What, are you trying to scare me now? All you had to do was say ‘please’ and I would’ve let you out.” Still, there was no reply. “Hey, why aren’t you answering?” DooJoon said as he slowly turned the door knob and pulled the door open.

“I hate you!” Rafi suddenly jumped out of the room and shoved DooJoon out of the way. “You’re not even funny.” However, DooJoon just burst out laughing, annoying Rafi even more.

“We still have to find the other items, you know,” Rafi said trying to regain DooJoon’s attention.

“Yes! Found it!” Rafi and DooJoon heard a third voice down the hallway and they quickly looked to each other, holding up a finger to their lips to silence the other. Wide-eyed they quickly transferred a mental message to hide and see what their opponents found.

“That’s the same brush, right?” it was JunHyung’s voice. Rafi quietly pulled out the scavenger list and scanned her eyes over it. When she spotted the picture of the brush, she pointed at it so DooJoon could see also, but he did not pay attention. He was too caught up watching as RaeIn and JunHyung as they exited the room. RaeIn was holding onto the camera to review the picture they just took, and JunHyung hovered over her shoulder so he could see as well.

“Does the picture look okay?” RaeIn asked, looking at JunHyung next to her.

“Yeah, it’s good. Let’s go that way next?” JunHyung suggested, pointing down the hallway. RaeIn nodded her head as she made a sound of approval, then the two proceeded down the hallway. DooJoon stuck an arm out and held Rafi back as they hid, while RaeIn and JunHyung continued on their way, completely oblivious.

Once RaeIn and JunHyung were completely out of sight, Rafi spoke: “All right, let’s go!” She got up and headed to the room RaeIn and JunHyung were in, but DooJoon stopped her.

“No, let’s go this way. Let’s follow them.”

“Why are we going to follow them? They said they found the brush in here.”

“Let’s just go!”

Rafi rolled her eyes and leaned in closer so she could whisper out of the camera crew’s listening range. “You do remember we’re being filmed right? This is not the time to spy on them.”

DooJoon stared at his companion, clenching his jaw. He sighed. “You’re right.”

“Of course, I’m right. That’s why you should follow my lead,” Rafi scoffed before heading to the room to look for the brush. DooJoon groaned in frustration but followed her anyway.

——-

“Found the chandelier~ I can’t believe we completely overlooked it when we were in the living room before,” Shelly mused as she and DongHae snapped a picture of the chandelier above them.

“MC 350 is a good one,” DongHae added on, and Shelly nodded in agreement. They looked at their scavenger list and picked out their next target.

“We should try the kitchen,” Shelly suggested.

“I think it might be over there.” DongHae pointed in front of them. The room they were in only had two openings: the hallway behind them where they had come from, and a door in front of them. They had not been through the doorway yet, and DongHae went ahead to see if it was unlocked, advising Shelly to stay behind him in case anything popped out. Cautiously, DongHae turned the door knob.

“Oh, it’s unlocked…” He then proceeded to pull the handle, revealing the kitchen on the other side. Shelly was holding onto his shirt from behind, and she peered over his shoulder to see. “Let’s check it out,” DongHae said, smiling at the scared girl clinging onto him. She nodded and the two entered the kitchen to find that RaeIn and JunHyung were there, too.

“What is this?” JunHyung asked, poking at a weird substance on the counter. “Do you eat it?”

“No!” RaeIn yelled into his ear, grabbing onto his arm and pulling him back. “What are you doing? Are you crazy?”

“We’re in the kitchen,” he shrugged. He noticed DongHae and Shelly enter the room and lifted his free hand to greet them. RaeIn was stilling clinging onto his other arm to stop him from eating whatever he was poking. “Oh, hey DongHae! Shelly!”

“Hi, guys!” RaeIn greeted also, finally letting go of JunHyung’s arm.

“Hey, did you guys find anything in here?” Shelly inquired, letting go of DongHae as well, now that she saw her friends and knew she was safe.

“No, not yet,” RaeIn shook her head. “How many more do you have to find?”

“We just need two more.”

“You only have two more left?” RaeIn exclaimed. “Daebak! We have four more left.”

“Found it,” DongHae and JunHyung said at the same time. The girls looked to their partners, who were standing next to the sink.

“What?”

“We found something,” said DongHae, the corner of his mouth twitching. “We found the spoon.”

“Hurry, take the picture!” JunHyung said, causing the girls to scramble toward the sink as well.

——-

“We’re going to go… up there?” Rafi whispered, holding onto DooJoon’s sleeve. He looked down at her and made a face.

“Yeah,” he replied, beginning to ascend the ladder leading to the attic. However, he had to stop because Rafi was still holding onto his sleeve.

“I don’t want to,” she said, shaking her head.

“We have to!”

“No! It’s dark and dirty and…”

“Okay, then stay here. I’ll go up by myself. Where’s the camera?”

“No! I don’t want to stay here by myself!”

“Then let’s go!” DooJoon said, making his way up the ladder again. Once he reached the top he looked down to find that Rafi was still standing at the bottom of the ladder. “Ppalli!”

This time, Rafi made a face scrunching up her nose, but she still climbed the ladder. DooJoon grabbed her hand to help her up once she reached the top.

“It’s so dark in here,” he said. “Do you have a flash light?”

“No, I don’t. I have my cell phone though.” Rafi pulled her cell phone out of her pocket, but almost dropped it when it started to vibrate. “Shoot! Shoot!”

“What happened?” DooJoon asked.

“I got a text message,” Rafi replied as she fiddled with her phone for a bit to bring up the message on her screen.

Hey team! Just making sure you guys get back on time.
You’ve got 10 minutes. See you soon~

“Shoot, all right let’s just look around real quick while we’re here.”

“But—“

“We’re going to win!” DooJoon turned to Rafi with a stern expression before grabbing her phone to use it as a light.

“Okay, okay, dang, calm down,” Rafi muttered, holding her hands up in defense before following DooJoon’s lead. She was not about to be left behind in the dark. She shivered a little, feeling a little creeped out by the things she couldn’t see. “Jeez, this is like an episode of Scooby Doo or something…”

“Found it!” DooJoon said with a grin as he pointed to an antique doll house. “Take a picture.”

Rafi nodded and hurriedly snapped a picture before tugging on DooJoon’s sleeve. “All right, let’s go!”

The two descended the ladder, grinning with adrenaline from the near-end of the game. All they had to do now was get back outside.

“Which way did we come from again?”

“Oh, shoot.”

——-

“Wah, it was a really close race, but we’ve tallied up the scores and got our winners!” MC 350 announced to the camera. “I really wish I could’ve played too…”

The camera panned over the idols, who were standing in their pairs in a line again, quite reminiscent to the beginning of the game.

The camera first zoomed into the faces of Shelly and DongHae. “Here we have our top team, taking the lead with 11 out of 12 pictures: Shelly and DongHae, the SeaShell pair!”

The two quickly turned to hug each other. DongHae picked her up and twirled her around before setting her down.

“What do we get?” DongHae asked the MC boyishly.

“For all of your hard work, you two get a classy dinner from Just Kidding! Paid for with the company card,” MC 350 quickly added the last line as he handed Shelly the prized pair of dinner vouchers.

“Next we have our runners up, with a score of 9 out of 12: RaeIn and JunHyung!” MC 350 said walking over to the next pair. RaeIn jumped up and down before turning to JunHyung and throwing her arms around his neck. JunHyung couldn’t help but smile since he was quite pleased at her reaction, but since he was aware of the camera crew recording, all he could do was awkwardly pat her back.

“Then we have Yoona and Andro with 8 points, and the Taeyeon and Derrick team with 7 points. Very close!” YoonA and Andro high fived each other while TaeYeon and Derrick waved at the camera.

“Finally, we have the KaHee and EunHyuk team and the Rafi and DooJoon team, tied for last place with 4 points – oh, wait, I’m sorry. Rafi and DooJoon got here past the time limit so we had to take away a point. Very close call for KaHee and EunHyuk, but I guess in last place we have: Rafi and DooJoon!” MC 350 announced as the camera followed the two pairs. KaHee and EunHyuk smiled sheepishly at the camera, and Rafi and DooJoon looked annoyed and stood facing away from each other with their arms crossed.

“Aish, I can’t believe we lost,” DooJoon muttered.

“What are you complaining about? I’m on this show and we got last place,” Rafi spat back.

“So what’s the punishment?” DooJoon directed at MC 350.

“Oh ho ho~” MC 350 laughed evilly. “You guys are going to have a lot of fun. We’ve got a turtle costume and a rabbit costume waiting for you. You’re going to wear them when you ssanti dance for us. Of course, since you’re performing, you have to sing your hit songs. Oh, and you have to keep either one leg up or one hand down at all times…”

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” DooJoon groaned.

“This is your fault!” Rafi hissed, smacking DooJoon on the arm as she accepted the costume MC 350 handed to her and stepped inside the leg.

——-

“That was pretty fun, don’t you think?” KaHee commented. She, RaeIn, JunHyung and DooJoon got out of the company van after they arrived to the CUBE building after filming with Bakery.

“That’s because you didn’t have to do the punishment,” DooJoon said bitterly. “You and EunHyuk-hyung lucked out.”

“Hey! It’s not our fault you and Rafi got lost on your way out!” KaHee replied defensively.

DooJoon opened his mouth to reply but was distracted when he received a phone call. KaHee laughed in victory and continued to taunt DooJoon by making faces at him. He couldn’t reply since he was on the phone, but once he hung up he made a face and pointed at KaHee.

“Oops,” KaHee feigned innocence as she nonchalantly checked her watch. “I’ve got to meet up with KiKwang-oppa~”

“Yah! KaHee-ah!” DooJoon chased after KaHee, who skipped away laughing. JunHyung and RaeIn chuckled in amusement, as they followed their companions into the building.

“Ah, we were so close to winning,” JunHyung said.

“Yeah, we were!” RaeIn replied. “But being in second place is perfectly fine… I guess.”

JunHyung laughed. “I hope it was okay that I ended up your partner.”

“Yes, of course!”

“Did you have fun?”

“Yes, I always have fun when I’m with you!” RaeIn smiled, which caused JunHyung to involuntarily jump. RaeIn noticed this and quickly added, “Well er, don’t misunderstand. What I meant was…”

JunHyung smiled at her stumbling words. Maybe he wasn’t the only one feeling flustered afterall?

“I understand,” he said playfully, putting an arm around her shoulder as they walked. “I’m a pretty fun guy. Charismatic, too, don’t you think?”

RaeIn just laughed and rolled her eyes.

“And I also understand because, well,” JunHyung cleared his throat before continuing. “I always have fun when I’m with you, too.”

“Oh, gosh,” RaeIn laughed and rolled her eyes again, removing JunHyung’s arm from around her shoulder then picking up her pace.

JunHyung grinned, watching for a while as RaeIn continued ahead of him, before deciding to catch up to her.