Shopping

Take Care of my Girlfriend

“Thanks again for lunch, Unni!” MAKIKO said once they returned to their dorms. The girls and their manager were now seated in the living room.

“That was just my present for doing so well on your album sales! Congratulations!” SaRang replied. “I have great news, though!”

“What is it?” RaeIn asked.

“You’re birthday party,” SaRang said, turning to KaHee. “It’s going to be big.”

“What? Why?” KaHee asked, surprised.

“We’re turning it into a celebration party also, since your album has been so successful!”

“That’s awesome!” JulSu said, patting the maknae on the back. “Your party is going to be so much fun! I’m so excited!”

“There’s going to be a theme, also. It’s going to be a luau,” SaRang continued.

RaeIn took her phone and scrolled through her text messages to find her most recently sent and recently received messages. The one she had sent out said:

I just got done with lunch. I should be free later, though.

Why, what’s up?

She then received a reply from JunHyung which she had not replied to yet, since she was distracted by her group members. His said:

I was wondering if you’d help me choose an outfit for KaHee’s birthday party.

She was wondering why he needed her help, since he was usually very good at dressing himself. However, after hearing SaRang’s news, JunHyung’s text made much more sense. She was going to text JunHyung back, but decided to just call him instead. She excused herself from the living room as JulSu, KaHee and SaRang continued to discuss the details of the party.

“Oppa, you knew about the celebration party?” RaeIn asked as soon as JunHyung answered the phone. “We just found out about it right now.”

“Well… er, we kind of helped pitch the idea to the President,” JunHyung replied sheepishly.

“That’s so sweet of you guys.” RaeIn was ecstatic.

“So, you said you’ll be free later,” JunHyung said. “Do you want to help me find something to wear? I do not own anything even close to being luau-related.”

“Yeah, sure,” RaeIn replied. “I won’t have anything to wear either.”

“All right, I’ll see you later then. I’ll pick you up.”

“All right, see you later, JunHyung-oppa!” RaeIn said before hanging up the phone.

“You’re going out with JunHyung-oppa later?” KaHee’s voice startled RaeIn, causing her to jump a bit.

“You were eavesdropping?” RaeIn asked, rolling her eyes as she laughed.

“What’s going on with you two?” This time it was JulSu.

“What are you guys talking about?” RaeIn asked, still smiling at her dongsaengs, unsure as to where their questions were leading.

“You seem to be getting close lately…”

“Yeah, I know right?” RaeIn said excitedly. “I’m so happy that we’re friends now! And he doesn’t act like he hates me anymore!”

“That’s not what we meant,” JulSu started. “We meant—“

“Do you like him, Unni?” KaHee interrupted, getting impatient.

“Whoa, calm down!” RaeIn said, raising her hands up. “It’s nothing like that.”

“Are you sure?” KaHee asked, peering closely at their leader’s face.

“Of course I’m sure,” RaeIn said. “Need I remind you, even though we’re not talking right now, technically DooJoon and I are still together.”

“Well… okay…” the maknae answered still a little unconvinced.

——-

RaeIn-ah, I’m outside. Just come out when you’re ready.

RaeIn read the text and put her phone down, took the hair tie out of and quickly tied her hair up before leaving the dorm.

“Yah, KaHee, JulSu! I’m leaving now!” she called out before slamming the door behind her. She stopped abruptly and opened the door again and ran back inside the dorm and into her room to grab her purse. Then she ran back out and slammed the door again. She rushed down the stairs and out the door, and once she jumped into JunHyung’s car, she was panting.

“Sorry if you waited a long time.”

“No, I didn’t wait long,” JunHyung said with a grin, his eyes hiding behind dark sunglasses. Once they reached the mall, RaeIn dragged JunHyung into the first store she saw. The two explored the store together, but each took charge of different racks. Soon, JunHyung emerged in front of the fitting room with a pile of clothes, and so did RaeIn.

“Are you trying on clothes, too?” JunHyung asked her.

“No,” she said smiling as she shook her head. She held up the clothes in her hand. “These are for you!”

“What?” JunHyung asked startled as RaeIn shoved the heap onto the clothes JunHyung was already holding on to. RaeIn turned JunHyung around and pushed him into the nearest dressing room and quickly scampered to the couch right outside in the waiting area. She sat down & pointed her fingers at JunHyung like a gun.

“You’re gonna model for me, aren’t you, Oppa?” She winked at him, aimed and fired.

“You’re not serious, are you?”

“I’m always serious,” RaeIn said with the most serious face she could conjure up. A couple seconds later she smiled sweetly, still trying to cajole her companion. JunHyung groaned and closed the dressing room door behind him, which caused RaeIn to laugh and clap with glee. A couple minutes passed by and JunHyung opened the door. He was wearing a white collared shirt under a navy blue cardigan. He suavely stood at the doorway with his hands stuck inside his dark pants. He met RaeIn’s gaze and raised his eyebrows, asking for her opinion.

“Aw, that looks really nice on you, Oppa!” RaeIn gushed excitedly. After a beat she changed her expression completely and added, “That’s no fun.” She got up and walked past him into the dressing room, rummaging through the clothes she picked out. She pulled out a shirt and handed it to him. “Here try this on!”

“Are you serious? I’m not going to wear that. That’s not even for a luau.”

“Come on, it’ll be fun! Just try it on! It’s not like you’re going to buy it,” RaeIn insisted. Before she closed the dressing room door behind her she added, “Don’t come out until you have that on!”

“Yah~ RaeIn-ah!” JunHyung yelled as the door slammed in his face. RaeIn giggled as she hopped back on the couch. There was some rustling in the dressing room, which stopped after a few minutes. However, JunHyung never reappeared. RaeIn waited a couple more minutes before getting up to knock on the door.

“Yah, Oppa are you going to come out yet? I want to see what you look like!” RaeIn yelled playfully from outside the dressing room. There was silence at first until finally JunHyung replied, “I’m coming.”

He walked outside dressed up in a black wifebeater and ripped black jeans. However, to top it all off, draped over him was a black fishnet shirt. JunHyung was not amused, much unlike RaeIn who was now laughing wildly at her companion.

“I’m going to change,” JunHyung said, however RaeIn stopped him.

“No! Oppa, you have to walk to me like you’re on a catwalk,” RaeIn said, settling back down on the waiting room couch.

“No,” JunHyung replied bluntly.

“Please,” RaeIn mustered up all of the aegyo she could channel. She could never use aegyo on her groupmates because it would never work on them, so she wondered if it would work on JunHyung. Apparently it did as JunHyung sighed and rolled his eyes, signaling RaeIn’s victory. And so he strutted towards RaeIn, a pout on his face. Once he reached her, he struck a modelesque pose before bursting out with laughter at his own silliness.

“Okay, now I’m changing,” JunHyung said, rushing back into the dressing room before anyone else would notice.

“Thank you!” RaeIn called out after him, gasping in between laughs. “Make sure you try on everything I picked out for you!”

“Fine!” JunHyung replied from inside of the dressing room. “Yah, what are all these clothes you brought for me anyway?” Despite his complaints, he kept his word. Soon he reemerged wearing a simple graphic tee and bright hot pink jeans. “Yah, RaeIn-ah, what group do you think I’m in anyway, SNSD?”

“But Yongsica-noona, you’re so pretty,” RaeIn said in a deep voice, and she laughed as she started singing SHINee’s “Nunan Neomu Yeppeo.”

Next, JunHyung walked out wearing a leather jacket over a black shirt and ripped jeans. “RaeIn-ah, this is the last one! I already tried on everything you brought for me!” JunHyung called out, though RaeIn was not waiting on the couch like he anticipated. Suddenly RaeIn jumped in front of him, holding up a sweater.

“I have another one for you! This is the last one I’ll make you try on, I promise!” RaeIn pleaded with the rapper. At first, JunHyung looked at the sweater RaeIn held up with disbelief, but from the way things were going he knew that he would have to try it on anyway. He unwillingly grabbed the sweater and quickly changed into it, much to RaeIn’s delight.

“Oppa, I think this one’s my favorite outfit,” RaeIn said matter-of-factly.

JunHyung was wearing a Pikachu sweater. It was yellow with the stripes and facial features in all the right places. On the back of the sweater hung a lightning bolt tail; perched upon his head attached to the hood were two pointy ears.

“Aw, this one makes me really happy because it reminds me of the Pikachu doll back at your dorm,” RaeIn gushed. “Pika-pika~”

“That was the last one. I tried on everything you asked me to. The next one will be serious now!” JunHyung reminded RaeIn, wagging a finger at her before the Pikachu hood slipped down over his eyes. He pushed the hood back up to reveal an annoyed expression, causing more giggles from RaeIn.

“Nae, I promise I won’t bring you any more weird clothes!” RaeIn reassured him from outside after he closed the dressing room door.

The first real outfit JunHyung tried on was already amazing, which surprised RaeIn. Usually it took her forever to find something attractive – how was JunHyung able to find the perfect outfit right from the start? Then again, she reminded herself that this was the Yong JunHyung, BEAST’s fashionista (alongside HyunSeung, of course). Still, she was left speechless. JunHyung emerged from the dressing room wearing a burgandy button-up dress shirt. On top of that he had on a black vest with a pocket on the left side. His pants were dark as well.

“So… how does it look?” JunHyung asked, as RaeIn remained at a loss for words.

RaeIn put a finger to her lip pensively as she let out a, “hmm.” She looked around and found a black fedora hat. She grabbed it, walked back to JunHyung and stuck it on his head. Then, she straightened out his vest (which made him feel a bit nervous) before taking a couple steps back and looking him up and down. She let out another “hmm.” Then she met his gaze & smiled, adding, “I think it looks great! I think you should wear this to the party!”

JunHyung felt the blood rush to his cheeks. He rushed back into the dressing room so that RaeIn wouldn’t notice. He quickly muttered, “I’ll just try on a couple more things just to make sure.”

“Okay, then!” the oblivious RaeIn replied in a singsong voice after JunHyung reentered the dressing room. “But I really like that outfit!”

——-

After every outfit that JunHyung tried on, RaeIn would constantly compare it to the first outfit, emphasizing how much she liked it. And so, that was the outfit JunHyung ended up buying. With shopping bags in his hand, JunHyung and RaeIn headed off to another store so they could try to find RaeIn an outfit as well. Her outfit scavenger hunt was less successful.

“Wah! Oppa, look at this!” RaeIn said, holding up a necklace with a lock and key up to her neck. In her fickle manner, she quickly discarded it when she laid her eyes on ear rings shaped like stars. She held them up to her ears. “Oh! And look at these!”

JunHyung on the other hand was not looking at her at all. Instead his attention was placed in finding her dresses that she could try on for the luau. He already picked out a few dresses and draped them over an arm.

“Yah, RaeIn-ah, quit being distracted and help me. Remember, we’re looking for something you can wear to the party now,” JunHyung called out as he sifted through clothes. RaeIn didn’t answer. “Yah, RaeIn-ah, did you hear me?” Still, RaeIn was silent.

“Yah, RaeIn-ah, are you listening?” JunHyung finally faced RaeIn and found her still standing in front of the accessories. Her eyes sparkled as she held up a red headband, decorated with a patch shaped like an apple sticking out of one side. She tried it on and looked at herself in the mirror, sweeping her bangs to the side and poking at the apple design. She got a shock when she suddenly saw JunHyung’s face appear on the mirror next to hers.

“You like that?”

“Yeah, I really do,” RaeIn answered, looking in the mirror.

“Are you going to buy it?”

RaeIn took one last glimpse at herself in the mirror then took the headback off, shaking her head sadly. “No, I’m not. I couldn’t wear it to the luau. I should be saving up my money for my dress anyway.” After she put the headband down, she finally noticed all the dresses JunHyung was holding on to. “Wow you found all of those dresses for me?”

“Yeah,” JunHyung replied. “Here, try them on first and see if you like them.”

“Okay!” RaeIn regained her cheerfulness as she scooped up all the clothes and headed to the fitting room.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” an employee greeted JunHyung. She looked to be in her 40’s and seemed to not recognize him. JunHyung returned the greeting and bowed before the woman resumed talking. “You can sit on those couches there if you want, while you wait for your girlfriend to finish trying on her clothes.”

“She’s not my girlfriend,” JunHyung quickly corrected the woman, feeling a bit flustered that someone would think such a thing.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the employee laughed, tilting her head to the side, feeling embarrassed. “You two just looked really cute. I saw you looking for clothes for her, so I just assumed. It was my mistake. Anyway, if you need any help my name is YuRi.”

JunHyung told her that it was okay and that yes, he would ask her if he needed help, and proceeded to the couches. “How are the clothes?” he called out to the room RaeIn was in.

“Ah… they are okay, I guess,” RaeIn replied, sounding like she was struggling a bit. “I’m not ready yet though!”

“You’re going to model for me too, right?” JunHyung teased.

“What?” RaeIn exclaimed.

“You made me model for you, so now you have to model for me,” JunHyung replied adamantly.

“Fine, fine,” RaeIn replied. “I guess that is fair.”

After a couple minutes, RaeIn called out, “Oppa, I’m ready!” She opened up the door of her room and peeked outside and found that JunHyung wasn’t on the couch anymore. She walked out and looked around. “Where did you go?” she wondered out loud.

“That dress looks nice.” RaeIn jumped, startled by the voice. She turned around to face JunHyung, who started circling her.

“What were you, a vulture in another life?” RaeIn asked, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious.

“Actually, I want to see you try on the purple one…”

——-

At the end of the day, JunHyung ended up with an outfit for the luau. RaeIn did not. Throughout the car-ride, RaeIn kept whining about how lucky JunHyung was; JunHyung simply laughed at the poor outfit-less girl and made fun of her until they reached her dorm.

“Thanks for bringing me along, Oppa,” RaeIn said, sighing as she opened the car door. “And thank you for helping me look for a dress, even though I’m probably never going to find anything to wear.”

JunHyung laughed, “No, I invited you, so thank you for accompanying me.” After a beat he added, “And thanks for helping me find something to wear.”

“Yeah, yeah… You have something to wear, and I don’t,” RaeIn rolled her eyes sarcastically before letting a laugh loose. “But I had a lot of fun, JunHyung-oppa. You’re a great model. We’ll shop again next time!” She was about to step out of the car but JunHyung grabbed her wrist.

“Wait!” RaeIn sat back down in her seat, startled. JunHyung coughed before reaching into the back and getting out of his seat. “Here,” he said after circling the car. He helped RaeIn out and held out a small bag for her.

“What’s this?” RaeIn asked as she accepted the bag. She peeked inside and gasped. Inside was the apple headband she was trying on earlier. She returned her attention to JunHyung. “Why did you—“

“It’s nothing really,” JunHyung quickly interrupted. “You seemed to like it a lot.”

“I can’t…” RaeIn said, pushing the bag back toward JunHyung.

“Well, I can’t do anything about it anymore; I already bought it,” JunHyung insisted, pushing the bag back toward RaeIn.

“You have the receipt, so you can return it—“

“Nope, I can’t!” JunHyung pulled receipt of his back pocket and ripped it into shreds. “It’s yours.”

“A-are you sure?” RaeIn asked cautiously.

“Yah, RaeIn-ah, I bought it for you, so just accept it!”

“Thank you, JunHyung-oppa!” RaeIn exclaimed, wrapping her arms around his neck to give him a quick hug. She placed the headband on her head before running to the building, waving back at JunHyung as she did so.

“Aigo, that girl,” JunHyung said laughing as he shook his head, “is very interesting.”