Jealousy

Take Care of my Girlfriend

“Aigo~” DooJoon yelled, rushing back to filming site of his CF. He ran up to the stylist from earlier. “Noona!”

“Hello, DooJoon!” she answered with a smile.

“Noona, where did you put my necklace?” DooJoon was grabbing around his neck, trying to locate the absent necklace.

“Oh,” the stylist said surprised. “SeKyung-ssi said she could bring it to your dorm, so I gave it to her.”

“SeKyung?” DooJoon exclaimed. Realizing that he was probably scaring everyone, he lowered his voice. “Ah, okay thanks, Noona.”

The frustrated BEAST leader quickly about-faced to begin his journey back to his dorm. “Meddlesome! Why did SeKyung have to take my necklace? I guess my only chance is to find her at the dorm…”

——-

JunHyung smirked and lifted a hand in greeting when RaeIn arrived. He had been waiting for her outside of Director Jang’s office. “It looks like we’re going to be working together again.”

“Yup! The rumor of our long-awaited music drama came true! I just watched our CF earlier; it was so awesome!”

“It was, huh?” JunHyung agreed. “So,” he said, pointing an in an “after you” manner. “You ready?” RaeIn nodded and accepted his invitation to enter the director’s office first; JunHyung followed soon after.

After half an hour, the two reemerged from Director Jang’s office with their scripts in hand.

“This is probably going to be a little bit different since our scripts are longer,” RaeIn said as she flipped through the first few pages.

“Yeah,” JunHyung agreed. “In that case, do you want to stop by the dorm for a while? We can start practicing.”

RaeIn took a couple seconds to think but soon answered, “Sure. I don’t have anything else to do today.”

“All right then, let’s go!” JunHyung exclaimed, grabbing onto RaeIn’s hand as he led her to the company van.

“Er,” RaeIn hesitated, looking at their clasped hands. JunHyung first looked at RaeIn then followed her eyes to their hands. He looked back at RaeIn, bewildered.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well… We’re holding hands.” RaeIn lifted up their hands so they could be in view.

“I don’t get it. I don’t see the problem.”

“Don’t you think it’s kind of weird?”

“Is it wrong to hold hands? We’re friends, afterall,” JunHyung replied.

“I guess so…” RaeIn said, still unsure.

“All right then, let’s go!” JunHyung repeated, pulling RaeIn along behind him.

——-

“Hey, I’m back! Is anyone here?” JunHyung called out as he and RaeIn took off their shoes. He paused to listen, but received no answer. He peeked into their bedroom to double check. “I guess no one’s home. Make your self at home,” he added, pointing to the couch.

“Will do,” RaeIn replied as she plopped down on the couch and adjusted herself to a more comfortable position.

“Do you want something to eat or drink?” JunHyung offered as he opened the fridge.

“No, I’m okay. Thanks, though!” RaeIn replied.

“That’s good because there’s nothing edible left in this house,” JunHyung laughed as he scanned the contents of the fridge. He closed it and joined RaeIn on the couch; she was still going over the script. “How does the script look?”

“Weird,” RaeIn said as she flipped back to the first page. “I don’t see what this has to do with chicken, but okay.”

“What’s the story about?”

“From what I read so far… you and me,” RaeIn laughed.

“Well, that’s definitely weird. I wouldn’t have expected that at all,” JunHyung replied playfully.

“Yeah, I am so thrown off,” RaeIn played along, laughing again. Subconsciously, she yawned, stretching out an arm.

“Are you sleepy?” JunHyung asked.

“A bit tired, yeah,” RaeIn replied. “A nap does sound pretty good right now, though.”

“Go for it. You can sleep on my bed if you like.”

“What?” RaeIn laughed incredulously. “You’re offering me your bed?”

“I told you to make yourself at home, didn’t I?” JunHyung grinned.

 “You are silly,” RaeIn concluded. “Thank you for the offer, but I’ll have to pass this time.”

“What’s wrong with my bed?” JunHyung frowned in mock disappointment.

“Nothing!” RaeIn answered immediately. Changing the subject she added, “All right, let’s start practicing the script!”

“Okay, fine,” JunHyung cleared his throat. “’Scene One. Lee RaeIn and Yong JunHyung are sitting on a couch watching a movie when the doorbell rings.’”

Ding dong~

JunHyung and RaeIn looked up at each other, amused at the perfect timing. “Well, how’s that for realistic?” JunHyung said as he got up to open the door.

“Oh,” JunHyung said surprised as he opened the door. “Hi.”

“Hi, JunHyung-ssi,” said a female voice.

Curious, RaeIn got up to follow JunHyung to the door. “Who is it?” she asked slyly, but she stopped abruptly when she saw who was at the door.

“Oh, hello, RaeIn-ssi,” SeKyung said, a bit surprised. Turning back to JunHyung she asked, “Is DooJoon home?”

“No,” JunHyung replied cautiously. “I’m the only one home right now.”

“Oh, I see,” SeKyung said smiling, though her attention was directed at RaeIn. “Anyway, I just wanted to drop something off for him.”

“I could take it,” JunHyung said, sticking his hand out. “I’ll give it to him when he gets back.”

“Okay, then,” SeKyung answered, digging through her purse. She extracted the necklace and placed it in JunHyung’s hand. RaeIn’s eyes grew larger and her hand jumped to her neck.

“Where did you get that?” RaeIn asked.

SeKyung shrugged. “Oppa forgot it.”

“Oh. I see.”

“Well, that’s all. Good-bye!” SeKyung waved, leaving JunHyung and RaeIn frozen in the doorway; both kept staring at the content of JunHyung’s hand.

——-

DooJoon turned the corner quickly but was able to step on the brakes just in time to avoid crashing into Shin SeKyung.

“SeKyung!” DooJoon exclaimed. “I’m so glad I found you!”

“Are you?” SeKyung said smiling.

“Do you have my necklace? Noona said she gave it to you.”

“No, I don’t. I just dropped it off at your dorm.”

“Oh okay,” DooJoon said, sighing in relief. “Who did you give it to?”

“I gave it to JunHyung.”

“Okay,” DooJoon said as he began to walk by SeKyung to the dorm. “Well, thank you. I’ll head there now…”

“RaeIn-ssi was there also,” SeKyung said with an amused smirk.

“Eh?” DooJoon said turning around to face SeKyung again. “What was she doing there?”

“I don’t know, but she and JunHyung are the only ones at your dorm right now. I didn’t want to bother them, so I left.”

“Oh… okay,” DooJoon said, placing his hand on the door handle.

“You remember what we talked about last time right?” SeKyung said as she took a step forward.

“Yeah,” DooJoon replied without looking back.

“They’re getting pretty close. I wonder…”

“There’s nothing going on between them; don’t spread rumors.”

“Well, if you insist,” SeKyung shrugged before turning to leave. “I’ll see you later.”

DooJoon waited until SeKyung was out of sight before entering the dorm. JunHyung and RaeIn were as SeKyung left them: still frozen at the doorway, still looking at the necklace in JunHyung’s hand.

“RaeIn-ah,” DooJoon called.

“DooJoon,” RaeIn smiled weakly. “SeKyung-ssi said you left this?” She picked up the necklace from JunHyung’s hand and handed it to DooJoon before heading out the door. DooJoon followed her.

“I’m sorry,” he called out after her. “I had to take this off while filming the commercial and I was in a hurry to leave so I forgot it. I went back to get it, but they gave it to SeKyung for some reason.”

RaeIn stopped and turned to DooJoon, smiling again. “Don’t be sorry, I understand. I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

Now it was DooJoon’s turn to stand frozen with the necklace in his hand. JunHyung peered outside the door and both he and DooJoon watched as RaeIn walked away.

“Don’t worry about it,” RaeIn silently reassured herself. “It’s okay. You shouldn’t worry about SeKyung-ssi. You already went over this with DooJoon at the luau, remember? You trust him, you believe him; so it’s okay.”

——-

“Is everything okay, Hyung?” JunHyung asked as he and DooJoon re-entered the dorm.

“Yeah,” DooJoon mumbled as he returned the necklace to its rightful place. “What were you guys doing here by the way?”

“Nothing really; we just got our scripts from Director Jang.”

“Oh, I see. When do you start filming?”

“We start tomorrow.”

“Right,” DooJoon said as he sat down on the couch. He grabbed the remote and the television.

“Yeobo~” JunHyung’s voice said as his face appeared on the screen.

SeKyung daintily took a bite out of her sandwich. “I just heard about it somewhere. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were getting close. Do you agree?”

JunHyung sat down next to DooJoon as the commercial started playing.

“What’s for dinner?” JunHyung’s voice continued from the screen.

DooJoon carefully picked up the yellow flower, recognizing it from MAKIKO’s performance earlier at the party. He gulped as he felt a weird sensation overtake him.

DooJoon watched as JunHyung’s character approached RaeIn’s character on-screen.

“You remember what we talked about last time right?” SeKyung said as she took a step forward.

“Yeah,” DooJoon replied without looking back.

“They’re getting pretty close. I wonder…”

“There’s nothing going on between them; don’t spread rumors.”

DooJoon gulped as JunHyung and RaeIn appeared side by side in front of him. JunHyung looked at RaeIn sweetly, and RaeIn looked cute as she worriedly placed a finger on her lips.

“Ah, oppa, I haven’t had time to cook today… Oettoke?”