Love?!

Take Care of my Girlfriend

 

“What are you talking about?” JunHyung asked confused.

“SaRang-unni got mad at me,” RaeIn said, playing with her phone. “She sent me a text message and told me to look this up.” She handed her cell phone over to JunHyung. Her Internet browser was open to an article.

The first thing JunHyung noticed was the main image was a combination of DooJoon’s “Mastermind” promotional picture and RaeIn’s “ONE TIME” promotional picture. The title of the article read, “BEAST’s DooJoon & MAKIKO’s RaeIn are Dating?” Below that read, “Yoon DooJoon and Lee RaeIn caught wearing the same necklace!” Beneath that were screen shots of the instances where the necklaces were spotted. DooJoon’s screen shot came from the broadcast of BEAST’s anniversary, specifically their ‘Special’ performance. RaeIn’s screen shot came from the broadcast of ‘Picnic with Bakery.’ In both, the double-eight notes were clearly visible.

“How could we be so careless?” RaeIn asked no one in particular. “Great timing, too, you know?” This time she glanced at JunHyung. “We’re not even together anymore.”

“Do you know what you’re going to do now?”

“SaRang-unni said that DooJoon and I need to talk to Father now,” RaeIn replied, referring to President Hong. She groaned. “How awkward, I haven’t even seen DooJoon since the other day, and now we’ll have to meet with the President.”

JunHyung stayed silent for a bit, thinking. “I’m sorry, I really don’t know what to say to make you feel better.”

“That’s okay.”

“Let’s try this: we can still get ice-cream, but I’ll pay for yours, all right?” JunHyung said with a hopeful smile.

“That’s really sweet of you, Oppa. But if people catch us together, that will make more scandals. I don’t want to trouble anyone anymore.” RaeIn slowly reached for her bag and started to walk away, but JunHyung didn’t let her.

“The only problem is being caught right? How about this, then: you wait here and I’ll get us ice-cream. It’s my treat, but you have to promise to wait for me, okay?”

RaeIn bit her lip dubiously.

“Yah, RaeIn-ah, as your sunbae and as your Oppa I want you to stay here and wait for me, okay? If you don’t listen to your senior, there will be a price to pay.”

“Well… okay…”

As soon as RaeIn gave her albeit hesitant approval, JunHyung grabbed his wallet out of his bag and left. He took one last look at RaeIn, his eyes reminding her to stay and wait for him, before he turned the corner.  

——-

“No,” YoSeob said lifting up his hands and backing away. “That’s a big no-no for me. Well, it’s on you, really, but you won’t hear a ‘yes’ from me. I am clean from this; I wash my hands of this.”

“YoSeob,” JunHyung said in an incredulous tone. He took a step forward and YoSeob took a step back, hands still in the air.

“It’s not my place to approve or disagree!”

“YoSeob,” JunHyung repeated, frustrated now.

“LA LA LA~” Yoseob sang as he covered his ears with his hands. “I don’t want to listen! I don’t want to get involved!”

“But you’re not getting involved! I just need your advice.”

“That’s the same thing!” YoSeob responded, removing his hands from his ears. “You shouldn’t be making moves on someone else’s girlfriend!”

“They broke up,” JunHyung said. YoSeob froze.

“They what?” YoSeob exclaimed. “When was this? We saw them make-up at KaHee’s party!”

“They broke up when DooJoon visited the set for our music drama.”

“What did you do?” YoSeob yelled accusatorily.

“I didn’t do anything!” JunHyung replied, trying to shush his friend. They were alone in their bedroom, but who knew what other members were lurking outside?

“Even though they’re not together,” YoSeob said as he started to really comprehend the situation, “You still shouldn’t be trying anything with RaeIn-ah.”

“I know, I know,” JunHyung said. “And I’m not going to ‘try’ anything. But now we can spend more time together. It’s not like we’ll be dating or anything; I don’t even know if she likes me. But I like her.”

YoSeob mulled over the thought a bit then sighed. “You know, it’s funny; when we first met them, MAKIKO, as trainees, I thought that RaeIn would look good with you. I was a bit surprised when she and DooJoon-hyung started dating – that came out of no where…” YoSeob paused when he noticed a smile involuntarily form on JunHyung’s lips. “But they turned out all right, so now I don’t know…”

JunHyung’s smile turned into a frown. “Are you on my side or what?”

“I told you already! I wash my hands of this! I have nothing to do with whatever you plan to do, wooing RaeIn or whatever.” In a calmer tone, YoSeob added, “But I’m here if you need someone to talk to. I can tell you really like her.”

“What makes you say that?” JunHyung asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t think I haven’t noticed,” YoSeob said, waggling his finger. “I’ve been seeing the changes, like the way you’ve been treating her, and the attention you’re giving her.”

“What are you talking about?” JunHyung replied in denial. He was not very fond of the idea of being read so easily.

“Like on her birthday party… How you’ve been visiting their dorm a lot lately…” YoSeob continued to list points as he counted off his fingers. JunHyung groaned in embarrassment. “But you know,” YoSeob continued, “If you really want to get closer with RaeIn, especially now that filming is over, you should really be talking to KaHee or JulSu…”

——-

“Oh, la la la~” KaHee skipped around the dorm room in an especially pleasant mood. She stopped by the kitchen, where RaeIn was stationed eating her cereal.

“Unni, good mooorning~ What a wonderful day today!” KaHee greeted her leader.

“Yeah,” RaeIn said, a dark cloud hovering over her head as she took a bite of her cereal.

“By the way, Unni, take a look at my ring today,” KaHee gushed, sticking her hand out in front of RaeIn. RaeIn continued to eat her cereal, ignoring KaHee’s hand, knowing very well that KaHee wasn’t paying attention anyway. “Isn’t it shiny?”

KaHee paused, giving RaeIn time to examine her ring, completely unaware that she was being ignored.

“KaHee, I love you.”

KaHee squealed as she momentarily relived the moment after her birthday party. After reminiscing she looked back at her leader, finally noticing RaeIn’s sour mood with matching deathly glare. Suddenly, KaHee felt awkward and wanted to leave the room. She muttered an “Okay, bye-yeom!” before scurrying out of the room.

RaeIn sighed to herself as she continued to eat her cereal. She knew she should be happy that KaHee was happy, especially since RaeIn still hadn’t told the rest of MAKIKO about the break-up or the scandal. She decided to keep it to herself, for now at least, until she could comprehend everything that was happening herself.

“Oh, I’m out of cereal,” RaeIn said, subconsciously trying to scoop another bite into . She eyed the cereal box next to her and after a couple seconds of deliberation, she grabbed the box and refilled her bowl.

Meanwhile, KaHee continued to skip around the dorm. She decided to go back to her room; however on the way she passed by JulSu’s.

“JulSu~”

“Mm,” JulSu replied, lying in bed.

“Good mooorning~ Isn’t it such a nice day today?”

“…I’m sick. I’ve got a cold,” JulSu replied.

“Aw, that ,” KaHee said sympathetically. Suddenly, her eyes brightened when an idea popped into her head. “I know what will make you feel better! Look at my ring!”

“You’ve showed me that ring every day since your birthday. It looks the same.”

“I know, huh?” KaHee gushed. “Isn’t it beautiful? It’s so perfect, and still so brand new!”

“KaHee, I love you.”

KiKwang’s face flashed through her mind again, and she remembered the magical moment he confessed his love for her. Of course, this resulted in her exploding in giggles again, much to JulSu’s dismay. JulSu’s sickly and unhappy groans went unnoticed however, for KaHee’s phone started ringing.

“Yeoboseyo? …Oh, what a nice surprise! Why do you call?” KaHee answered her phone as she walked out of JulSu’s room and next door into hers.

JulSu let out a sigh of relief once KaHee left the room. She hated getting sick, but she seemed to get sick quite too many times. Now it was time to take a nap and hope that all the negative energy in her body would go away.

——-

“KaHee-ah, are you free right now?”

“Yeah, I am,” KaHee replied. “Why, what’s up?”

“I actually have something I want to tell you. Can we go out for a bit?”

“Sure!”

“All right, I’ll pick you up in a bit.”

“Okay, see you soon, JunHyung-oppa!” KaHee replied before hanging up her phone. About half-an-hour later, KaHee’s phone rang again. It was JunHyung again, calling to let her know that he was outside waiting for her. She replied saying okay, she’ll be down in a bit. She then skipped to the door to put on her shoes before leaving.

“Where are you going?” RaeIn asked from the couch. She was lying down, hugging a pillow.

“I’m going out with JunHyung-oppa,” KaHee replied as she grabbed the door handle. RaeIn sat up at the sound of JunHyung’s name. “He’s outside to pick me up right now.”

“Oh, I see,” RaeIn said confused. “That’s… different.”

“Yeah, I know right? I thought it was weird too,” KaHee said with a laugh. “I thought he dialed the wrong number at first. I thought he was trying to call you!” She laughed again.

“Right,” RaeIn said, still thrown off. “Well, have fun.”

“Thanks!” And KaHee skipped out the door, but not before taking one last glance at the ring on her hand.

“That’s weird. Why didn’t he ask me to hang out?” RaeIn pouted. “And he was the one who was complaining about us not being able to hang out anymore.”

——-

“Do you want to get ice-cream?” JunHyung asked once KaHee hopped in the car. He wanted to slap his palm to his face so bad for automatically thinking about ice-cream. “What’s wrong with me?” he thought with a silent groan. “I keep on wanting to get ice-cream lately. I’m turning into RaeIn.”

“Sure, okay,” KaHee replied. “This will be fun. Usually I get ice-cream with RaeIn-unni. This will be the first time I went without her!” KaHee laughed. “Don’t tell her we went without her though!”

“Right,” JunHyung replied grimly. He had already begun to drive, but he immediately froze at RaeIn’s mention. He wanted to hit himself again for reacting so easily to just the sound of her name. “But of course if you mention ice-cream everyone’s first thought would be RaeIn. Or YoSeob,” he thought.

JunHyung pulled up to the parking lot of the ice-cream shop and ran around to grab the door for KaHee, wanting to get on her good side especially before talking to her.

“Thanks!” KaHee said, and the two entered the shop, walking straight to the counter.

“What flavor do you want? I’ll buy it for you,” JunHyung quickly offered, still buttering up the MAKIKO maknae.

“You’ll buy it for me? Are you sure?” KaHee asked, uncertain.

“Yes.”

“Man, today is such a good day!” KaHee giggled, pointing at the Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. JunHyung ordered a chocolate flavor for himself, and the two picked a table to sit down at near the back.

“Oppa, have you seen my ring?” KaHee asked. She had noticed her ring again when she turned her cone around to save anything melted from dripping down her hand.

“Uh, no I haven’t,” JunHyung replied.

“Look! It’s the one KiKwang-oppa gave me for my birthday~!” KaHee remarked, sticking her hand out in front of his face.

“Ah, I see,” JunHyung said politely as he continued to search for the opportune moment to bring up his situation. KaHee took a bite of her ice-cream, leaving JunHyung the perfect opening. “Actually, KaHee-ah, there’s something I needed to talk to you about. There’s something I need to tell you.”

“Oh, right, you said that on the phone,” KaHee said, taking another bite.

JunHyung sighed. “The thing is, I’m kind of… really nervous.”

“Don’t be nervous! Don’t be scared, it’s just me, Oppa! You can tell me anything!”

“Okay, well… The thing is, I have something to admit. I can’t hold it in any longer, and it’s a pretty big secret I’ve been hiding for a while.”

KaHee looked at him intently, waiting for him to spill.

“I… I…”

“Yes?”

“KaHee, I think I…”

“Yes?” KaHee repeated.

“KaHee, I love you.”

KaHee almost spat out her ice cream. Without saying anything she got up and walked out, leaving JunHyung alone, dumbfounded and quite unsure about what just happened.

Once she reached the sidewalk, KaHee quickly hailed a taxi and directed the driver back to MAKIKO’s dorm.

“What?” KaHee exclaimed to herself as she put on her seatbelt. “What just happened? Why did Oppa say that? He knows I have KiKwang!” She scrunched her eyebrows and crossed her arms pensively.

“Well, he did ask me out to get some ice-cream. And he paid. And he picked me up. And he opened the door for me… He didn’t think this was a date, did he?!” Her eyes widened as she completely comprehended the situation.

“Omo! JunHyung-oppa said he likes me! Loves me! Oh no!”

——-

“Hi, Oppa,” RaeIn answered her phone.

“RaeIn-ah, what are you doing right now?”

“Oh, you’re not going out with KaHee today?” RaeIn replied, dully.

“No,” JunHyung replied slowly. He slyly added, “Why, are you jealous?”

“Meh,” RaeIn responded.

“Ah, pabo JunHyung, it’s too early to joke around with her,” JunHyung scolded himself silently. “Er, I have a favor to ask you, actually,” JunHyung hesitantly offered out loud.

“What is it?”

“I’m writing lyrics, but I’m stuck. Do you think you can help me?”

“Mmm, I can try,” RaeIn responded.

“All right, I’ll be over in a bit.”

“Oh, okay,” RaeIn said taken aback. “I guess I should get ready then,” she said when she hung up the phone.

In fifteen minutes, RaeIn heard the doorbell ring. She scurried to the door expecting JunHyung, but found KaHee panting.

“Mianhae, I forgot my keys,” KaHee said, slowly entering the dorm. She glanced at RaeIn who looked ready to go out. “Are you going somewhere?”

RaeIn shook her head. “No, JunHyung-oppa’s coming over.”

KaHee’s eyes widened at the sound of JunHyung’s name. “Wh-what? Right now?” RaeIn nodded. Panicing, KaHee grabbed at her phone and looked at the screen. “Oh!” she laughed nervously. “KiKwang-oppa’s waiting for me…” And with that she swiftly turned around and left RaeIn standing confused at the doorway.

“She didn’t get her keys…”

——-

“Where are we going, Unni?” KaHee asked excitedly as she and JulSu walked the corriders of the CUBE building. JulSu had asked her to accompany her because she said she had errands to run. JulSu was carrying a bag, the contents unknown to KaHee.

“Mm, I just need to deliver something,” JulSu said, only a little bit suspiciously.

“What’s in the bag?” KaHee pointed, and JulSu just shrugged in response.

KaHee pouted unamused that JulSu was leaving her in the dark. But she figured JulSu had her reasons, so she didn’t pry any more.

Suddenly, KaHee found herself outside one of the practice rooms. “Who’s in here right now?” she asked, but JulSu was already opening the door. KaHee’s eyes widened to see that the BEAST members were currently practicing inside, but breathed out a sigh of relief when she realized that JunHyung wasn’t there.

“Hi-yeom!” KiKwang greeted, approaching KaHee for a hug. “I didn’t know you guys would be visiting today!”

“I didn’t know either,” KaHee said, hugging KiKwang back tightly. She glanced to the side and noticed JulSu handing a plate full of cookies over to DongWoon. Confused, she glanced at HyunSeung who was standing at a corner with YoSeob and DooJoon. She shrugged her confusion away when KiKwang kissed her on the forehead and she giggled.

“Man,” she thought, “I really like KiKwang.” She furrowed her brow once she remembered, “So… what do I do about JunHyung?”

“What’s wrong?” KiKwang asked, concerned.

“Oh, nothing,” KaHee said, laughing it off.

“Hi JulSu, hi KaHee,” greeted a familiar voice.

“Hi, JunHyung-oppa,” KaHee heard JulSu’s voice reply.

“Do you want a cookie? JulSu baked them,” DongWoon offered giddily.

“H-hi Jun…Hyung…” KaHee said jumping away from KiKwang. She did not want to rub it in JunHyung’s face that she was still with KiKwang; even though she did not reciprocate his feelings, she did not want to hurt his feelings.

He turned his head and nodded at her before turning back to DongWoon to grab one of JulSu’s cookies.

“Oh no!” KaHee thought. “I have to get out of here now!”

She whispered a quick goodbye to KiKwang, who was surprised at her sudden decision to leave. Then she tiptoed around JunHyung to grab JulSu’s arm and violently pull her away from her conversation with DongWoon.

“KaHee, what are you doing?” JulSu hissed, directing an apologetic smile and wave at the BEAST maknae.

“We have to get out of here now!” KaHee pleaded. JulSu rolled her eyes and followed, unable to escape from her grip anyway. Once they reached the hallway, JulSu stopped KaHee.

“What happened there? I wasn’t done talking yet,” JulSu pouted. “I don’t even know how they liked my cookies.”

“JulSu-unni,” KaHee turned to JulSu and grabbed her hands, her eyes dead-serious. “I have something to tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone!”

“Yeah, of course,” JulSu replied.

KaHee sighed. “This was totally unexpected, but… JunHyung-oppa likes me.”

“What?” JulSu yelled involuntarily. Shocked by her sudden outburst, JulSu also started coughing. “That can’t be right. Are you sure?”

“Yeah, he told me the other day!”

JulSu held her head with one hand trying to absorb the situation. “That’s crazy. What did you say when he told you?”

KaHee paused. “Well, nothing really…”

JulSu looked at her confused.

“I kind of just… walked away,” KaHee replied lamely.

“What? So you haven’t talked to him since then?”

“No, I’ve been avoiding him. That’s why we had to leave!” KaHee explained.

“What if he’s waiting for you to answer him?”

“What are you talking about? He knows I like KiKwang-oppa! At least, he should know.”

“I don’t know,” JulSu said dubiously. “You should’ve given him a straight up answer!”

“I guess you’re right…”

“I am, so go back and talk to him and clear things up before things get out of hand!” JulSu said, pushing KaHee back in the direction of the practice room.

“Okay, okay!”

——-

KaHee hesitantly opened the door to the practice room. She turned around but JulSu was there to block her escape. She gulped and entered the practice room. The boys were practicing their dance for “Soom” so they didn’t notice the intrusion. She was not in any hurry to confront JunHyung, so she waited until they were done with the dance before approaching him.

“KaHee, you’re back!” KiKwang exclaimed happily running over to her. He didn’t hug her this time though, since he was sweaty.

“Yeah,” KaHee laughed nervously. “Actually I wanted to talk to JunHyung-oppa for a bit.”

“Oh, okay. JunHyung! KaHee needs to talk to you!” KiKwang yelled, jogging over to him. KaHee quickly shushed him, embarrassed at the announcement.

JunHyung jogged over and took KiKwang’s place in front of KaHee. “What’s up?”

“Hi, JunHyung-oppa,” KaHee started off meekly. “Could I talk to you outside for a bit?”

“Yeah, sure…” JunHyung said, following KaHee outside. By this time, JulSu had already entered the practice room and was talking to the rest of the boys, except for DooJoon who knocked out on the floor with a towel over his face.

“So what did you want to talk about?” JunHyung asked as KaHee closed the door behind them. Her face was suddenly stressed.

“Why did you say that, JunHyung? Why are you like this?” she exclaimed.

“What… are you talking about?” JunHyung asked, genuinely confused.

“I’m sorry, Oppa,” KaHee said, her eyes now filled with sadness and regret. “I have to turn you down.”

“I don’t… understand.”

“I have KiKwang-oppa and I like him a lot,” she continued, disregarding his reply. “So you shouldn’t be saying stuff like that.”

“Stuff like what?” JunHyung asked now unamused and still confused.

“Stuff like that you lo-looove me~” KaHee stuttered, still embarrassed by JunHyung’s confession. “I’m sorry, but I can’t return your feelings.”

“Mweo?!” JunHyung had to hold back from yelling. “When did I ever say that?”

“The other day, when we went out for ice-cream, you said you love me!”

“What are you talking about?”

“D-don’t lie! You said it! I heard you! You said you love me!”

JunHyung sighed. “Pabo, I didn’t say you, I said RaeIn!”

“You… RaeIn…” KaHee gasped, eyes widening. “Love?!”