Oettoke?

Take Care of my Girlfriend

“Yeobo… What’s for dinner?”

“Ah, oppa, I haven’t had time to cook today… Oettoke?”

“Seriously,” DooJoon thought as he walked passed the living room, passed the television, and to the refrigerator. He quickly scanned the contents and picked out a water bottle. “How many times are they going to play this commercial?”

“JunHyung!” KiKwang exclaimed, jumping in his seat. “It’s your commercial again!”

“Yeah,” JunHyung muttered shyly. YoSeob, who was sitting beside him, nudged him playfully.

“How fun that you got to work with RaeIn-noona,” DongWoon exclaimed as he yelled happily in the background.

 “I went to our fan forum lately,” KiKwang said. “You know about the couple pairing thread, right? There is already one for you and RaeInnie… and there were so many comments!” He laughed. “I thought it was kind of funny because there isn’t even one for DooJoon-hyung and RaeIn yet! There’s one for KaHee and me though…”

YoSeob immediately glanced at JunHyung, who immediately glanced at DooJoon, who immediately spat out the water he just took a sip of.

“Don’t worry, Hyung!” DongWoon said as he, HyunSeung and KiKwang started laughing at the leader’s faux pas. “I’ll make one for you!”

“Yeah,” DooJoon replied dully as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. “Sure, thanks.”

——-

“Yeobo… What’s for dinner?”

“Ah, oppa, I haven’t had time to cook today… Oettoke?”

“Are you serious?” DooJoon exclaimed when the commercial started playing again. RaeIn looked up at him confused. They were sitting on the couch together watching television in MAKIKO’s dorm.

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing,” DooJoon said, trying to think of some way to play it off. “I forgot my sweater at the dorm.”

“You’re already wearing your cardigan,” RaeIn pointed out.

“Oh, you’re right!” DooJoon laughed nervously. He looked back to the television and pointed at the dance sequence of the commercial. “By the way, filming starts today right?”

“Yup,” RaeIn nodded her head with obvious excitement.

“I’m going with you,” DooJoon decided.

“Are you serious?” RaeIn said as her eyes widened to emphasize her happiness.

“Yes, of course,” DooJoon replied. “I figured since I wasn’t able to visit while you and JunHyung filmed the CF, I should visit for the music drama.”

“That’s great!” RaeIn said, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Now I’m extra excited!”

——-

“Yeobo… What’s for dinner?”

“Ah, oppa, I haven’t had time to…”

DooJoon smiled grimly and clenched his fists as he walked down the halls with RaeIn. They decided to head to the filming location together, since DooJoon wanted to watch the filming. However, the pathway to the studio was filled with what seemed like endless televisions, all playing that detestable commercial.

“It’s here,” RaeIn said oblivious to DooJoon’s mood change. She grabbed at his hand and pulled him inside the room. “Annyeong, Director Jang!” RaeIn continued to call out greetings to the staff members. “I brought a friend who wanted to visit during filming!”

“DooJoon,” JunHyung said, eyes widening in surprise. He was sitting on a chair with his legs crossed, his script in one hand and bottled water in the other.

“Hey, JunHyung,” DooJoon raised a hand and bowed a little in greeting.

“Oh, DooJoon-ssi! Nice to see you,” Director Jang called out. “You can sit over there or stand here with us if you want to watch.”

“Okay,” DooJoon replied, bowing to greet Director Jang as well. “Thank you!”

“All right,” Director Jang said, now directing his attention at his two lead actors. “Now that you’re both here, let’s get you guys ready for the first scene!”

“Nae~” both JunHyung and RaeIn answered at the same time. After some time passed, the two reemerged from their changing rooms. JunHyung was wearing a white t-shirt and blue pajama pants; RaeIn wore a black tank top with striped red shorts. DooJoon’s attention was drawn to RaeIn’s legs, and immediately his face burned.

“Good, you guys are ready!” Director Jang exclaimed as JunHyung and RaeIn neared.

“Er, excuse me, D-director,” DooJoon nervously interrupted.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Aren’t RaeIn-ah’s shorts a bit too… short?” Trying to play off his jealousy and overprotectiveness, he continued to point out, “Maybe she should, er, wear pants also b-because parents might not like the way sh-she’s dressed.”

“Ah, you’re right. Thanks for pointing that out!” Director Jang replied. “RaeIn-ah!” – RaeIn jumped slightly at the sound of her name – “DooJoon-ssi made a good point; your shorts are a bit too short, so you should go change into pants!”

“I guess that is fair,” RaeIn replied feeling slightly thrown off. She quickly went back to the changing room and returned wearing yellow pajama pants.

“Okay, first scene is on the couch!” Director Jang instructed. RaeIn nodded and scurried over to the set, where JunHyung was already seated with an arm invitingly draped on the back of the couch, waiting for RaeIn to join him.

“This is kind of weird,” RaeIn whispered to JunHyung, who laughed in response.

“Just come here,” he replied amidst his chuckles, grabbing hold of RaeIn’s arm and pulling her down next to him. She playfully punched him on his side in retaliation.

“Settle down now,” Director Jang said though obviously amused. “And… action!”

There was silence on the set now, except for chatter coming from the television set. DooJoon noticed that the chatter was from their chicken CF playing. He also noticed that RaeIn had leaned into JunHyung’s body the way she usually did with him when they watched television together at the dorms. JunHyung had his arm around her and was rubbing her arm intimately.

“Ah, Director Jang, excuse me,” DooJoon interjected.

“Cut!” Director Jang yelled before turning back to DooJoon. “Yes, what is it?”

“Maybe RaeIn-ah should wear a jacket as well…”

Director Jang laughed. “What are you, her boyfriend or her brother or something? But sure, we’ll get her more covered up. Someone bring RaeIn-ah a jacket!”

“Okay,” RaeIn replied hesitantly She looked over at DooJoon with a confused expression and mouthed, “What are you doing?” DooJoon merely shrugged in response and smiled at her while waving. One of the stylists brought a jacket for RaeIn to wear, and once she slipped it on she repositioned herself next to JunHyung.

“All right, let’s try this again. And… action!”

Once again, silence took over the set, and all that could be heard was the CF. Suddenly the sound of a door bell rang.

“I’ll get that,” JunHyung said, getting up to leave the camera. At this point, RaeIn’s phone went off, signaling that she received a text message. She walked over to the table where her phone was resting and picked up her phone. After scanning the message, she made a determined facial expression, all business.

“Cut! Good job, JunHyung-ah, RaeIn-ah! Now let’s get a close up of the text message…”

They filmed the text message with a business-like male voiceover in the background.

“RaeIn-ah, meet us at headquarters tonight. We have a new mission for you.”

After the close up of the text message, they resumed filming. Now JunHyung was supposed to reenter the scene. The camera zoomed into RaeIn’s profile, showing her determined face suddenly change into surprise as JunHyung’s arms wrapped around her waist from behind—

“Ah! Cut!” DooJoon yelled involuntarily.

“Er… Cut! Cut! What’s wrong, DooJoon-ssi?” Director Jang asked. RaeIn shot DooJoon an annoyed look, wondering why he kept interrupting their filming.

“That scene doesn’t look right.” DooJoon looked around trying to find some fault with what was currently being filmed. “The lighting is bad!”

“The lighting is fine!” RaeIn hissed at DooJoon, who completely ignored her.

“Yes! The lighting is bad. Maybe it should be a bit… darker,” DooJoon continued, gaining confidence in his words as he spoke.

“The lighting is fine,” Director Jang said patiently. “Let’s just continue for now. Action!”

Again, the camera zoomed into RaeIn’s profile. Again, her determined expression changed into surprise as JunHyung wrapped his arms around her waist. He leaned his face close to her ear. “Yeobo~” he cooed. “Our food’s here. Let’s eat now.”

RaeIn nervously closed her cell phone and turned around to face JunHyung, now looking flustered. “O-okay, honey~”

The camera focused on a smirking JunHyung who grabbed the box of chicken that appeared on the table with one hand, then grabbed RaeIn’s hand with the other.

“Wait!” DooJoon yelled out again.

“What now?” RaeIn thought, giving DooJoon another annoyed look.

“They shouldn’t do it like that, don’t you agree, Director? It’s too…”

RaeIn watched as DooJoon continued to explain to the director, her face flushed from embarrassement. She faced JunHyung apologetically.

“Sorry about DooJoon-oppa…”

JunHyung shushed RaeIn at first and glanced at DooJoon to make sure he wasn’t watching, then he leaned in close so DooJoon couldn’t hear as well. Into her ear he murmered, “Don’t worry about it.” RaeIn couldn’t help but shiver at his words.

——-

Filming finally ended for the day. DooJoon insisted that JunHyung return to the BEAST dorm ahead of him because he wanted to take RaeIn back to her dorm first. Now DooJoon and RaeIn were in the elevator, making their way up to MAKIKO’s floor.

“So when will you guys film again?” DooJoon asked nonchalantly.

“Oppa,” RaeIn started slowly, biting her lip. She was still a little annoyed at DooJoon for acting out during filming and decided now was the perfect time to talk to him about it. “I don’t think you should visit next time.”

“It’s no trouble. I want to visit you,” DooJoon smiled at her oblivious. RaeIn sighed.

“Why were you acting like that earlier?”

“How was I acting?”

“You kept interrupting during filming to change this or that, and I guess I got the feeling that everything I was doing was wrong.”

“Why would you think that? You were great!”

“Well, thank you, but I still think it would be a good idea if you didn’t visit us filming anymore.”

“But I have to go! I have to keep an eye on you and JunHyung!” DooJoon revealed.

RaeIn was silent a bit when it dawned on her. “Are you… jealous?”

“Yes,” DooJoon admitted casually.

“Oh, my goodness,” RaeIn said, rolling her eyes. “Unbelievable.”

 “JunHyung was getting too close to you during filming earlier!”

“Are you serious? DooJoon, it’s only JunHyung. And it’s just a Music Drama!”

“I know, but…”

“I wish you would trust me more,” RaeIn interrupted.

“But I do trust you. It’s just JunHyung…”

“Don’t say that. Of course you trust JunHyung. You prove your trust in him every time you guys perform. You even made him vice-leader!”

“But if he tries something on you while you’re filming…”

“…then I would tell you,” RaeIn finished for him. “So you don’t have to visit me anymore, okay? I would just feel bad now that I know you’re getting jealous… and” – she giggled – “Director Jang might get tired of you interrupting him all the time.”

DooJoon still looked unconvinced.

“If you trust me, then you should have nothing to worry about while you’re not there.”

DooJoon sighed, defeated. “All right, fine.”

“So since you trust me, you promise that you won’t worry about silly things like this anymore, right?” RaeIn stuck out her pinky. DooJoon accepted it with his own pinky.

“I promise.”

——-

“Happy Anniversary, guys!” DongWoon ran around hugging his hyungs who were scattered around the dorm.

“Can you believe it? It’s already been a year since our debut,” HyunSeung mused.

“Yeah, I know… Are you guys excited for our performance later?” KiKwang asked.

“Oh man,” YoSeob replied. “We’ll be singing ‘Mystery,’ ‘Special,’ and ‘Breath,’ huh?” He grinned. “Yeah, I’m super excited.”

While the members continued to chat about their expectations for the day’s performance, DongWoon approached DooJoon who lay on the floor, thinking.

“Happy Anniversary!” DongWoon greeted happily.

“Happy Anniversary, DongWoon…” DooJoon replied dully.

“What’s wrong, Hyung?” DongWoon asked.

“RaeIn got mad at me,” DooJoon whined.

“Again? What did you do to Noona this time?” DongWoon said disapprovingly to his leader. He stopped tutting when DooJoon shot him a look.

“She said she got annoyed when I visited her during her music drama filming with JunHyung…” DooJoon proceeded to recount the events of that day and the maknae listened diligently.

“Well, now that you’ve told me all that, I would be annoyed with you too, Hyung,” DongWoon joked. DooJoon ignored him.

“So I’m thinking I should make it up to her somehow, but I don’t know what to do.”

“Why don’t you do a little shoutout during one of our performances later?” DongWoon suggested.

“Wouldn’t that start a scandal?” DooJoon’s eyes widened.

“…What are you thinking about doing?” DongWoon asked skeptical. “I was thinking like a subliminal shoutout. Something only you and Noona would understand.”

——-

“Bounce me, oh, oh, oh~”

“This is it,” DooJoon thought, as he continued dancing to “Special.” This song was the perfect song to throw out a shoutout in, afterall. The choreography allowed him some leniency to do what he had to do without drawing too much attention.

“Everytime I special~”

“Nan eonjena kkalkkeumhan fashion, ni imam-eul salojab-eul motion~”

DooJoon already felt the camera following HyunSeung in the middle of the stage while the rest of the members danced in the background.

“I got so much love, love~”

“All right, that’s my cue,” DooJoon thought, as DongWoon finished his line.

“Nan ppeonppeonhan aedeulgwaneun dalla, nae pyohyeon-eun nuguboda ppalla…” DooJoon danced along, very aware of the necklace bouncing along with him on his chest. According to the choreography, at “neol hyanghae bling-bling” DooJoon would have spread his arms out like the other members. Instead, DooJoon grabbed the double eighth-note pendant between his thumb and forefinger and held it out to the camera that he knew was focusing on him. He gave a smirk before the song led to DongWoon’s “You make me feel alive-live~”

“Yes,” DooJoon smiled to himself as KiKwang, YoSeob, and JunHyung took center stage. “I hope RaeIn gets the reference!”

After the song ended, the BEAST boys walked to the back of the stage. MAKIKO and 4Minute were there as well, ready to greet their company members a happy anniversary. DooJoon, who lagged behind the other members a bit, spotted RaeIn immediately; however, she immediately ran up to JunHyung who was in the front and gave him a hug. For a moment, DooJoon’s heart stopped and he unknowingly held his breath, only letting go once he realized that RaeIn was giving the other members greetings as well.

“You were awesome, Oppa!” RaeIn said as she wrapped her arms around DooJoon’s neck.

“Thanks,” DooJoon replied with a grin. “Did you notice anything about our performance just now?” His grin grew wider when RaeIn looked down, flustered.

“W-who said you could show the whole world our necklace?” RaeIn exclaimed playfully.

“That was my apology for annoying you during your music drama filming with JunHyung the other day,” DooJoon laughed. “And you know, even though technically we have some kind of forbidden love—“ RaeIn could not surpress a giggle from his choice of words and matching air quotations—“ it doesn’t hurt to give the world a couple hints every now and then.” DooJoon winked, and RaeIn hit his arm playfully.

“You are silly.”

DooJoon smugly walked into BEAST’s dressing room, remembering the rest of his conversation with RaeIn.

“So does that mean I’m forgiven?” DooJoon asked hopefully.

“You were already forgiven. Stop doing unnecessary things!” RaeIn said laughing.

“But you like it,” DooJoon insisted.

“I do,” she admitted.

“So can I visit your next filming?”

“Nope,” RaeIn said with a wink. “You said you trust me, so you’re not coming to the next filming. You can come to the one after that though. Think of it like I’m grounding you.”

“What? I’ve never been grounded!” DooJoon pouted. “Fine, but I will definitely be at the next one!”

“Oh, hey, DooJoon,” JunHyung said, looking up from his phone as DooJoon walked in.

“Hey, JunHyung,” DooJoon returned the greeting, and JunHyung immediately resumed texting. He didn’t know why he did so, but DooJoon watched for a while as JunHyung received a text and almost instantaneously replied to it. Though he covered half of his face with one hand, DooJoon could tell that JunHyung was very pleased.

“Who are you texting?” DooJoon asked, curiously, as he sat down in the chair next to the Joker.

JunHyung looked up, surprised. He cleared his throat then answered, “Oh… no one in particular.”

“JunHyung, could you come here for a second? We need to touch up on your make-up,” called out one of the stylist-noonas.

“Okay,” JunHyung complied, placing his phone down on the counter before walking to meet the stylist.

“Hmm…” DooJoon hummed as JunHyung walked away from him. Suddenly, JunHyung’s phone started vibrating. “JunHyung! Someone’s…” DooJoon glanced at JunHyung’s phone and saw the name ‘Lee RaeIn’ flash onto the screen. “…calling.”

“Oh, that’s just a text. Could you bring my phone to me, please?” JunHyung called out from the back of the room.

“Y-yeah,” DooJoon said, grabbing the phone from the counter and handing it over to JunHyung.

“Thanks,” JunHyung said. He took his phone and automatically glanced at it to check the screen before glancing back at DooJoon, but he was already walking away. JunHyung’s phone was locked with the screen automatically turned black, so he unlocked it to see his message.

1 New Message
Lee RaeIn

——-

“Oops!” RaeIn and JunHyung were currently on their lunch break from filming for their music drama. However, RaeIn accidentally knocked water all over herself. Embarrassed, she excused herself to change into a different shirt. She grabbed her bag and headed to the restroom only to find that she had no clothes. And so, in a panic, she proceeded to grab as many paper towels as possible and dry herself off. After a few minutes RaeIn realized that her attempts to dry herself were futile, and defeated, she returned to the table with JunHyung, who greeted her with snickers.

“You… missed a spot.”

“I know!” RaeIn snapped, playing with her wet shirt uncomfortably. “I didn’t bring any extra clothes.”

“Here,” JunHyung laughed again, pulling out a shirt from his backpack and offering it to the drenched girl.

“No, I can’t…” RaeIn declined.

“You’ll catch a cold,” JunHyung insisted, still holding out the shirt. RaeIn remained motionless. “If you don’t take it, I’ll put it on for you!”

“Fine, fine!” RaeIn said, accepting the shirt. “Thank you,” she added as she stood up to walk back to the restroom. JunHyung crossed his arms and grinned in victory as she walked away.

After lunch, the two headed back to the set to get ready for the next scenes they were going to film.

“All right, good you guys are back!” Director Jang exclaimed, clapping his hands together. “How was your lunch?”

“It was fun,” JunHyung replied.

“It was all right,” RaeIn said at the same time, remembering her drenched shirt in her bag.

“That’s great! All right, why don’t you two get ready now?” JunHyung and RaeIn nodded and set off to their dressing rooms. Near the back, DooJoon crept quietly behind one of the bigger cameras. He had an okay view from where he was… until RaeIn and JunHyung started walking away.

“Wait a sec,” DooJoon whispered to himself, squinting. “She’s wearing JunHyung’s shirt! Why…”

One of the staff members was nearby, so he froze, holding his breath, until they passed. He decided he didn’t want to risk getting discovered so he waited until RaeIn and JunHyung returned from the dressing room and continued to watch. JunHyung reemerged wearing a suit and tie. His hair was slicked back and he wore dark glasses. RaeIn followed behind wearing a navy-colored blazer over a white blouse, complete with a matching pencil skirt below. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, and she wore lenseless black frames.

“That skirt is too short for filming!” DooJoon thought, unconsciously getting flustered.

“Good, you guys are ready!” Director Jang said. “Now let’s take your places.”

JunHyung walked over to the front of the camera, and RaeIn followed behind looking a little bit nervous. JunHyung reached a hand to squeeze her shoulder reassuringly and she nodded.

“You’ll do fine,” he said. “If you’re uncomfortable with this scene we can always ask them to change it around a bit.”

“No,” RaeIn shook her head and smiled at him, determined. “Let’s just try to do it all in one take.”

JunHyung chuckled in response. “If you insist…”

“And… Action!”

JunHyung and RaeIn were at opposite sides of the set, staring at each other intensely.

“Honey,” RaeIn cooed knowingly. “Why are you so far away?”

“Well, why don’t you come a bit closer then, dear?” JunHyung replied, cautiously. They began to side step in a circle, gradually bringing themselves closer to one another. Without warning, RaeIn grabbed onto JunHyung’s tie and pulled until his face was centimeters away from hers. DooJoon held his breath; his face was hot and jealousy was steaming from his ears.

“The director’s not going to make them kiss, is he?” DooJoon sat in the shadows, tensed. He watched as another camera got up close to the pair on set. It backed up in a rounded path until the panel revealed RaeIn holding a gun to JunHyung’s chest.

“So it was you that they sent after me,” JunHyung whispered with a smirk, their faces still dangerously close.  

“With good reason, apparently,” RaeIn replied, the smirk on her lips just as smug. The camera rotated again and now the panel revealed JunHyung’s gun that was aimed at RaeIn’s abdomen. RaeIn let go of tight hold on JunHyung’s tie signaling the two actors to commence their choreographed maneuvers to rid each other of their guns. Each gun fell on opposite sides with a clack and slid away from their respective owners. Now RaeIn and JunHyung stood a couple feet away from each other, defenses up, ready to jump at any sign of attack.

“Cut!”

DooJoon sighed in relief at the director’s interruption.

“Good take!” Director Jang complimented. “I expected nothing less from you two; fantastic! Let’s take a quick break while we set up the next scene.”

“That wasn’t too bad,” JunHyung commented as he and RaeIn headed toward the refreshments. DooJoon happened to be located in that general direction, and he paniced at the sight of his friend and girlfriend approaching his hide-out.

“Thank you,” RaeIn replied shyly, refusing to look at JunHyung, still flustered at the close proximity between them during filming. DooJoon held his breath, waiting until the two passed him completely before letting go. He kept his eyes focused on JunHyung and RaeIn, making sure they still had their backs turned to him while he crept away to look for a new hiding spot. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a table dressed in a tablecloth where the staff left their bags.

“Bingo,” DooJoon whispered as he targeted his new destination. He took a quick look around before sprinting to the table. He lifted the end of the tablecloth, ready to enter his new lair.

“Oh, DooJoon-ssi! I wasn’t aware that you were visiting again today!” one of the stylists called out next to him.

Flustered, DooJoon quickly shushed her and racked his brain for an excuse to give her. “Ahhh, Noona, keep it down… It’s actually a surprise… for JunHyung and RaeIn…” He glanced over to the refreshments and to his relief JunHyung and RaeIn were no longer there.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?”

DooJoon turned around and JunHyung and RaeIn were standing on the opposite end of the table, cups in hand.

“I…”

RaeIn placed her cup on the table and walked the perimeter of the table. Without looking at DooJoon she said, “Let’s talk” before passing him, knowing perfectly well that he would follow. When she passed the stylist, she embarrassedly muttered, “Please excuse us for a bit while I’m on break.” The stylist nodded, though confused at the sudden change in atmosphere.

“Maybe… you should go check on your friends,” the stylist said to JunHyung, who was left standing at the end of the table, awkwardly sipping on his water. JunHyung did not agree that this was a good idea, but for some reason he complied. He nodded silently and put his cup of water next to RaeIn’s on the table before following his friends’ footsteps to the more secluded area in back of the set. JunHyung wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do once he caught up with the couple, though he knew to stop immediately once he heard them begin to argue.

“You said you would trust me!” JunHyung heard RaeIn whisper loudly.

“I do trust you! It’s just…”

“It’s just what? What is your problem, anyway? You weren’t like this before!”

“But I had to make sure that nothing weird happened between you and JunHyung!”

JunHyung’s eyes widened at the sound of his own name.

“What are you talking about? It’s JunHyung! We’re friends. You’re friends.”

With his name mentioned, JunHyung was very tempted to stay put and continue to eavesdrop on their conversation. However, he felt guilty for his intrusion so he decided to return to the refreshments area.

“We went over this already,” RaeIn continued.

 “I know…” DooJoon looked down guiltily. He looked up suddenly. “But why were you wearing his shirt?”

“Oh my goodness,” RaeIn rolled her eyes. She continued in a more serious tone. “DooJoon, you’re my boyfriend. You’re the only guy I think about, and you’re the only guy I can see myself with. You are the most important person to me. Why can’t you see that?” she pleaded.

“You didn’t answer my question,” DooJoon was touched at her words, but he still wanted confirmation against his suspicions, and he was determined to get that.

“Are you serious?” RaeIn exclaimed. “I spilled water on myself during lunch and I didn’t have clothes to change into.”

“Y-you guys get really close on set,” DooJoon threw out, not wanting to lose.

“We’re acting,” RaeIn retaliated. “It’s a music drama. Goodness! You don’t trust me, you went here behind my back to spy on me, you forgot my birthday…”

“You’re always bringing up the past, aren’t you? I thought we got passed that already.”

RaeIn crossed her arms and looked away before muttering, “And I thought we got passed this.”

“You said you forgave me already.”

“The one thing you should’ve remembered, and it was the one thing you forgot.”

“I remembered our 100 days! Remember that?” DooJoon held up his necklace.

RaeIn scoffed. “Yeah, I remember Shin SeKyung going to the dorm with that same necklace.”

“Wow, seriously?” DooJoon’s asked, his eyes widening in disbelief. “Do you remember that you were in my dorm alone with JunHyung?

“We were going over our script! Seriously, can you not test my patience? Because I really don’t have any left for you right now.”

DooJoon nodded, scoffing. “All right, I get it. I’ll get going now and let you cozy up with JunHyung since you guys are so close lately, texting each other and hanging out all the time—”

“What are you talking about?” RaeIn said more like a statement.

“—in fact, just go through all the members, why don’t you?” As soon as DooJoon spoke, he regretted it, only comprehending what he said after the fact. Fearfully, he looked at RaeIn, who was eminating the deadliest aura and directing it straight at him. RaeIn stormed to him and tried to slap his face, but DooJoon grabbed her wrist before she could attack. “No, I didn’t mean that…”

RaeIn freed herself from his grasp by taking her free hand and slapping him with that one instead. His hand instinctively reached for the place where she slapped him however it was RaeIn’s eyes that were brimmed with tears; that showed hurt.

“Is that really how you see me?”

“No,” DooJoon insisted. “I didn’t…”

“Forget it. I’m tired of this. We’re finished. It’s over, baby, it’s over.”

“Please, just stop and think about what you’re saying…”

“That’s what you should’ve done: stop and think about what you’re saying.” RaeIn turned to walk away.

“Wait!” DooJoon called with his final attempt.

“It’s too late,” RaeIn said pausing. She turned her head in acknowledgement, though not enough to actually look at him. “I don’t know what happened, but I feel like you stopped believing in me. So why should I believe in us?”

Finally, RaeIn left DooJoon, without looking back.

“Fine!” DooJoon exclaimed. He looked around him and groaned in frustration. Seeing that he was all alone, he crouched down on the floor and buried his face in his hands.

——-

DooJoon left when he was positive that everyone would be too busy to notice his departure. Since he didn’t have a schedule for the day, he ended up going back to his dorm. Immediately, he plopped down on the couch.

“This can’t really be happening, right? This is a dream, or a nightmare, isn’t it?” DooJoon sighed and grabbed the remote to turn on the television.

 “Yeobo… What’s for din—“