Apple Juice

Take Care of my Girlfriend

Four minutes later, RaeIn checked her phone again. Nope, there were no texts, no missed calls. And it was 2AM. It’s not like this happened all the time though, so I guess that was fair. DooJoon only visited this late every other night, if he was even able to show up at all. That’s not all the time right? So that’s okay right?

She laid her head back on the pillow. She had just recently debuted with her group, MAKIKO, so she didn’t have much on her schedule yet, but this was ridiculous. She saw DooJoon less now than when she was still a trainee.

The door creaked open. She closed her eyes to feign sleep and turned over to her side. DooJoon had snuck into her room, as planned, but since it was so late, she was a bit annoyed. A bit of rustling, then she felt a body next to hers on the bed.

“You’re awake, right?” DooJoon whispered, as she felt a hand slide around her waist. After some silent deliberation, RaeIn mumbled a “ng” and nothing more. “Sorry I’m late again. I know you have to get up in a bit to start filming for your CF.”

“Its fine,” RaeIn said, grabbing a hold of his hand and intertwining their fingers. DooJoon turned her around and placed her on top of him, and he kissed her as he pulled one of her arms around him. Satisfied, the two drifted off into sleep.

Soon it was morning, and RaeIn opened her eyes to realize she was facing the other direction. “Oppa,” she murmured, turning around only to find that DooJoon was gone. “Hmph,” she frowned, checking the time. The clock read 7:22AM. “It’s still so early… when did he have time to leave?”

——-

“Annyeonghaseyo, JunHyung-oppa,” RaeIn said cheerfully to JunHyung the next morning, as they met up for their chicken CF. They had a casual relationship, since JunHyung knew about RaeIn and DooJoon. They weren’t that close, but RaeIn kept trying to approach him, trying to befriend the intimidating BEAST rapper.

“Oh, RaeIn-ah, I didn’t see you come in,” JunHyung said, not even looking up at her. He was sitting down on a couch, reading their script. He held one up, waiting for her to grab onto it.

“Oh, thank you,” RaeIn said, grabbing the script and bowing slightly, though she received no reply. She sat down in the couch next to JunHyung, who returned to skimming over the script. RaeIn followed suit.

“Hyung told me to tell you he’s sorry he had to leave early. He got a call from IU. They had a meeting about Chin Chin,” JunHyung said, eyes never leaving the script. Whatever was left of RaeIn’s good spirits completely left her. “Oh,” she replied, having a tighter grip on her script. Finally, JunHyung looked up. He saw that the look on RaeIn’s face had changed, she looked annoyed. He got up, placing his script on the table, and left without saying anything.

 “This is ridiculous,” RaeIn thought, “Pabo DooJoon-oppa. He could’ve at least woken me up. And pabo JunHyung-oppa, also! Why does it seem like he doesn’t even like me? Leaving me here alone like this…”

 “Yah, RaeIn-ah.” Rae In looked up and saw a juice box fly towards her. Her eyes widened in surprise. Looking at it, she found out that it was apple juice, her favorite. She looked up towards JunHyung, who situated himself back on the couch, script in hand once again.

 “Oh, thank you…” RaeIn said quietly, as she stuck her straw in and began to sip on her juice.

 “This doesn’t mean you should slack off, though. As your sunbae I figured you needed your energy for today. It’s your first filming right? I don’t want to be held back from my schedule because we have to film this again and again.”

 “How annoying,” RaeIn thought. However, out loud she said, “I’ll do my best.”

 “Good,” replied JunHyung. She rolled her eyes, knowing he wouldn’t see, as the script seemed much more thrilling than anything else occurring around him. Suddenly, they heard a knock at the door.

 “JunHyung-ah, RaeIn-ah, we’re ready to start filming!” Director Jang appeared, signaling for the two to follow him.

 “Okay,” JunHyung responded, and he and RaeIn followed the director into the recording studio, Studio M. There was a kitchen table set up, and the two took their places, according to the script.

 “There have been a few changes made to the script,” Director Jang stated, confusing the two idols. Originally they were to play siblings who were left alone, with nothing to eat. Then they had to call the chicken company they were endorsing to place an order.

 “Yes, what are the changes?” JunHyung asked. He decided to take charge as he was RaeIn’s senior.

 “You’re no longer siblings, now you will be lovers.”

 “What? What are you saying?” JunHyung responded, and both his and RaeIn’s eyes widened.

 “It’ll be the same concept, you won’t have food for dinner and you’ll have to call the company for food, but this time you’ll be lovers instead of siblings. We got a call from the scriptwriters saying that this change would make it more interesting for viewers.”

JunHyung looked at RaeIn, raising an eyebrow. “Do you feel comfortable with this?”

 “I guess so,” RaeIn replied. “A job’s a job. This is my first CF also.”

 “All right,” JunHyung said. “Just don’t tell hyung about this.” He took a glimpse back at the director and looked back at RaeIn, smirking. “Actually, since they’ll be airing this I guess keeping it a secret from hyung won’t matter right?”

JunHyung’s smirk caught RaeIn totally off guard, as all she could do was nod at her sunbae while he received the revised scripts from the assistants.

“Let’s try to have a run through of your lines,” Director Jang directed.

 “Yeobo,” JunHyung started off. “What’s for dinner?”

RaeIn could not comprehend what was going on. Suddenly her heart was beating faster, and she felt more nervous than she ever had been around this oppa. The JunHyung before seemed like an entirely different person.

“Ah, oppa, I haven’t had time to cook today… Oettoke?”

——-

RaeIn’s phone rang once she reached the dorms. It was DooJoon.

“Oh, oppa… why do you call?”

“I just got done with my schedule… Are you free?”

“Oh, yes, I just finished filming with JunHyung-oppa. I just got back to the dorms. I’m a bit tired though…”

“I’ll come over then! Bye~”

“Okay, bye, oppa.” RaeIn hung up the phone and collapsed onto the couch. She was really tired. They finished most of the filming today… for the first version of the CF. They would have to return later to finish the first CF, and then start on the second version. Not to mention how there were talks of possibly turning it into a music drama! “How tiring,” she thought. She was now starting to realize how DooJoon-oppa felt, and why he was always busy. Oh, the life of an idol.

The doorbell rang, and RaeIn got up to answer the door. It was DooJoon. She held the door open half-way, not letting him in. She stood at the door, pouting, puffing her cheeks aegyo-style without saying anything. DooJoon laughed.

“What’s wrong?”

“Yoon DooJoon,” Rae In started off, pointing at him with her right hand. “Why didn’t you wake me up this morning?”

DooJoon laughed again, pushing the door open and walking right past her.

“Yah!” she called after him. She ran after him and playfully punched him on his shoulder as he sat down on the couch. He grabbed her wrist from the hand that punched him and pulled her onto his lap. She landed not-so-gracefully with a yelp.

“I’m sorry,” he said, pulling out his own aegyo, and pulling her closer towards him. “I didn’t want to wake you. You looked so peaceful sleeping.”

“Oh, shut up,” she said, struggling to get free. However, DooJoon wouldn’t allow it, so she conceded. “I still wish you told me you left though. I was really sad.”

“Well… if you’re still sad, I’ll just leave you alone for now then,” DooJoon said dejectedly.

“No—“ RaeIn started, however, DooJoon interrupted.

“No, its okay, I’ll leave first until you’re happy again.” He slid her off him and walked out the door, leaving behind a confused RaeIn.

“What just happened?” she thought, suddenly getting angry again at her stupid boyfriend. However, four minutes later, she heard a knock on the door again. She opened the door to find a bunch of flowers staring back at her. DooJoon’s head popped up from behind. He stuck out the bouquet and held it out towards RaeIn.

I believe dream for you and me, memareun nawi harue~” DooJoon started singing to her a part of the first mini-album’s “Oasis.”

“Ugh, how greasy,” RaeIn said, trying to sound disgusted; however, she couldn’t help but burst into a huge grin as she accepted the flowers. DooJoon grinned back arrogantly, knowing he won her over again.

“So how was filming today? You were with JunHyung right?” Doojoon asked, after they situated themselves in her room.

“It was okay…” RaeIn started.

“Just okay?” DooJoon asked, interested.

“Well,” RaeIn hesitated a bit before bursting. “He’s so mean!” Of course, she received laughter in response.

“I can talk to him for you if you want, to be nicer,” DooJoon suggested.

“No!” RaeIn replied, waving her hands back and forth and shaking her head. “No, don’t tell him that I said that!”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know! Just don’t!”

“Okay, okay, I’ll just let him bully you then.”

“Yes. Just do that!” RaeIn said. “Oh, but uh, oppa, there was a change to the script.”

“Yeah? What did they change?”

“JunHyung-oppa and I aren’t siblings anymore. I have to play his girlfriend,” RaeIn answered with caution.

“Oh,” DooJoon said, laughing with a hint of uneasiness, which was left undetected by RaeIn. “Well, you should be careful. JunHyung has his own charm. Don’t fall for him!”

RaeIn laughed. “Don’t be silly, oppa. That would never happen!”

After saying this, RaeIn wondered why she was so nervous in telling DooJoon about the changes to the CF anyway. She should have known that DooJoon wouldn’t have overreacted about it. JunHyung was his group member, his brother, after all. So, the two lovebirds preoccupied themselves for the rest of the day, watching High Kick on TV, and laughing at KiKwang’s silliness.

——-

“Okay, let’s try to get this in one shot,” Director Jang said.

“Right,” RaeIn said, excited during the second day of filming. The first version of the CF was almost finished, and her excitement for finishing her first CF was getting higher and higher.

“Okay, now we’re going into the last scene… Where’s the chicken?” The actor playing the delivery man walked onto set with a box of chicken.

“Yikes,” RaeIn thought. She hadn’t realized that at this point she and JunHyung would have to feed each other the chicken. How awkward! She glanced over at JunHyung, and he sat opposite her with a carefree expression, with that bad boy look he carried so well.

“Okay. And action!” Director Jang yelled from behind a camera. A doorbell sound rang through the studio. JunHyung and RaeIn acted out excitement and surprise as JunHyung left the table and pretended to open the door. The delivery man came in, expressing equal excitement as he handed JunHyung the box of chicken. JunHyung then brought it to the table and opened it, picking up a piece and sticking it out for RaeIn to take a bite. RaeIn smiled, a bit nervously, and took a bite.

“Ahh,” RaeIn jumped up a bit, hands flailing around. “Hot!”

“Cut!” Director Jang yelled.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” JunHyung said, staring at RaeIn in disbelief.

“Sorry,” RaeIn said, regaining composure, avoiding JunHyung’s gaze. “I was surprised; I didn’t think it’d still be hot.” She faced the director and bowed, thinking she would get admonished. “Sorry, sorry…”

However, instead the director laughed. “No, it’s okay. I didn’t realize it would still be hot either. Let’s try this again.” An assistant tapped the director’s shoulder and whispered to him. “Oh, yes, that’s a good idea.” Director Jang cleared his throat and acknowledged the idols on set again. “HeeYong-ah had a good idea. JunHyung, you should blow on the chicken this time before feeding RaeIn. That way you’ll look more intimate. The viewers will love it!”

“Or I could get antis,” RaeIn mumbled under her breath. She didn’t know that JunHyung would hear, but he did and laughed glancing at her. He then looked back at Director Jang and nodded, acknowledging his new task.

“All right, let’s try this again!” Director Jang said enthusiastically. The delivery man grabbed the box again. “Action!” Again, there was a doorbell sound signaling JunHyung to rush over to the door to let the delivery man into the room. He enthusiastically handed the box over to JunHyung, who brought it back to the table. He opened the box and grabbed a chicken leg, pretended to blow on it, and held it out for RaeIn, who took a bite, though a bit more cautiously this time.

“Cut! That’s an NG!” Director Jang yelled.

“What? But we didn’t mess up,” JunHyung said.

“RaeIn, try to look more comfortable when he feeds you. You looked a bit nervous.” JunHyung shot a look at RaeIn, causing her to blush. Again she bowed towards the director apologetically.

“One more time, let’s get ready. And action!”

The two acted out the scene again, this time getting everything perfect. Director Jang called “Cut!” and praised the idols for their hard work. RaeIn was jumping up and down, and thanking the director for taking care of her during her first CF filming. She excitedly glanced over at JunHyung, who was gathering his stuff together. RaeIn ran over to him.

“JunHyung-oppa, thanks for taking care of me during the CF!”

“Mm, yeah no problem,” JunHyung said, grabbing a hold of his things. He began to walk away.

“This is my chance to try to make friends,” RaeIn thought, and she followed, running up to his side. “Oppa, do you have a schedule after this?”

“I have a radio show to do,” JunHyung answered.

“Oh, you mean the one with DooJoon-oppa right? That’s not for a while, so before then, would you like to get ice-cream with me? I want to celebrate my first CF filming. We filmed it together, so we should celebrate together, right?” RaeIn asked brightly. JunHyung’s expression never changed, so RaeIn nervously added, “If you don’t want to get ice-cream we can get something else!” She struggled to keep up with JunHyung’s fast-paced walking.

“Sorry,” JunHyung answered. “I don’t feel like eating anything right now. I have to get to practice now.”

“Oh,” RaeIn said defeated, stopping in her tracks as JunHyung continued past her. “Okay, then.” She watched as her sunbae walked away, and turned back to grab her own things from the set. She was determined more than ever to make JunHyung like her and become her friend. They were going to be seeing a lot of each other due to filming, after all. And, she figured, DooJoon would be more at ease knowing his group-members and girlfriend were comfortable with each other.