Chapter 8

I Love You, I Love You Not.

Choi Minho

"Ay Minho-ah!", said Minho's mom as she hugs her son . "You look so handsome. You and Jae Mi have a good time tonight."

"We will umma. But you're going to have to let go so I can leave."

"Oh Mianhe. I just can't believe it's been 6 months already!"

"Umma. I'm suppose to be excited for my 6 month anniversary, not you.", Minho laughed.

It really didn't feel like 6 months. It felt longer. And Minho was enjoying every single moment of his relationship with Jae Mi. She made him happy, and he could only hope he made her happy too.

"I don't want to wait another 6 months.", said Minho as he held a tiny black box in his hand. He looked at his mother, who was smiling at him. She already knew what he was about to say. "Jae Mi and I were meant to be together."

Lee Jae Mi

Jae Mi finished her hair and make-up when her mom walked in to her room.

"Minho's here Jae Mi."

"Omo! I'm not even dressed yet!"

"Calm down Jae Mi. No need to feel rushed."

"I guess you're right. I am just anxious I guess."

"This is a big milestone for you and Minho, 6 months!"

Jae Mi blushed. "Ne."

"So sweetie," her mother said in English. "Do you love him?"

Jae Mi was shocked. Her mother almost never used English at home! Not even when they lived in America. Her mother always said that as a Korean family, they should speak only Korean in the household.

"Umma...you're speaking English..."

"Never mind what language I'm speaking.", her mother continued to speak in English. "Answer my question. Do you love Minho?"

"Ne.", said Jae Mi. "I've never felt happier."

Her mother smiled as Jae Mi pulled out a navy blue dress that she had bought as a surprise for Minho.

"Oh Jae Mi that's beautiful!", said her mother.

"I bought it just for Minho. Blue is his favorite color."

Choi Minho

Jae Mi's mother rushed down the stairs with a smile on her face. You could tell she was happy things between Minho and Jae Mi were going well.

"She'll be down in a minute Minho. She's so beautiful!"

"She's always beautiful.", said Minho.

"She is so excited for tonight. She bought a dress yesterday as a surprise for you."

"Oh? Well it's not a surprise now that you told me.", Minho laughed.

"Trust me. You'll be surprised."

"Jae Mi.", said Jae Mi's father as he ran up the stairs to hug his daughter. "I have never seen you look more beautiful."

Her father took her arm and walked her down the stairs to Minho. From the moment he saw Jae Mi in that stunning navy blue dress, his mouth was on the floor, and his eyes were full of amazement.

How did I get so lucky? My fiance is beautiful. My heart has never beat this fast before.

Jae Mi walked over to Minho and looked up at him with those big beautiful American eyes. "Annyeong Minho.", she blushed.

"Jae Mi. You look so beautiful. Is this a new dress?", asked Minho, pretending he didn't already know she had bought a dress just for him.

"Ne. I bought it just for you, because I know blue is your favorite color."

Minho smiled. Omo. She is so sweet.

"We both thought of eachother didn't we?", said Minho as he adjusted his tie.

"Omo! Your tie is purple!", said Jae Mi.

"Mhm, which is your favorite color."

Jae Mi blushed.

Lee Jae Mi

Minho had taken Jae Mi to a fancy, five star restaurant for their anniversary. The interior was lit up with hundreds of tiny candles and chandeliers. The tables were decorated with gorgeous dark red table clothes and in the middle of each table was a vase of flowers.

"Omo! Minho. We're eating here?", asked Jae Mi as Minho opened the door for her.

"Ne."

"It looks expensive..."

"Nothing is too expensive for you Jagi.", said Minho as he wrapped his arm around Jae Mi's waist and gently kissed her cheek.

"Ay Minho.", Jae Mi blushed.

"Today marks 6 wonderful months that I've spent with you. I want tonight to be special."

"Ay Choi Minho! Such a romantic!", said Jae Mi as she put her arms around Minho and kissed her loving fiance.

I love you, Choi Minho.