Fiction

Fiction and fact

I was awake but I didn't want to open my eyes. Last night was a all a blur of emotions and yelling and I was afraid to face the consequences in the morning. I could barely even remember how the fight ended, but it amazed me that Kris and I were still together at this point. Things had gotten ugly, with me having to restrain myself from bashing his perfect face into the corner of Baekhyun's kitchen counter, and I was sure that Kris had been eyeing the knife rack many times throughout our verbal war. 

Kris was sick of me, the way I was. I was paranoid, he'd said, insane. I didn't blame him for saying those things, not now when I had finally calmed down. Last night, however, it only infuriated me. His words had hurt, and the fact that there was truth in them hurt even more. Kris and I both travelled back home in painful silence, me staring out the window of his car trying to avoid looking at him while he focused his eyes on the road ahead.

The sunlight burned through my eyelids and I was forced to finally sit up and accept the world, but when I turned, Kris wasn't next to me. I tried to think back to last night. Had he gotten into our bed? After the fight, he may have opted for sleeping on the couch, perhaps? I really couldn't remember.

I left the room quietly, shivering in the thin pajamas that I wore. It wasn't usually this cold around the house, kris always made sure to turn up the temperature before we slept, knowing that I loved heat. The living room was completely empty and a mix of disappointment and relief flodded through me. I would be able to put off the discussion that I knew was bound to happen soon, but I realy wished that we could make this better as soon as possible. 

My cellphone rang, scaring the living daylights out of me, and I hurried to answer it, hoping that it would be my boyfriend. 

"Hello?" In my haste, I didn't even bother checking the caller ID.

"Yeollie?" Baekhyun's voice sounded tired, raspy. I wondered if he'd gotten any sleep last night.

"Hey," I said softly, again feeling the bitter mix of emotions.

"How are you doing?" He sounded hesitant, afraid.

"I just woke up," I replied, not really answering his question."I was looking for Kris, but I guess he went out." Kris was supposed to take the day off of work today to stay home with me, I remembered with a jolt of guilt."

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun sounded strange and I took a seat on the couch, pulling my legs up to my chest.

"We didn't really talk last night," I continued. "I was hoping that we could sort everything out this morning but he isn't here... I'll just wait for him, I guess."

Baekhyun was completely silent for a long time, and I began to count my breaths. One... Two... Three..

"Do you want me to come over and keep you company while you wait?" He finally asked.

"No thanks, I just want to sit here and think," I was suddenly feeling really tired. It was as if all the life had been drained from me and all I wanted right now was for Kris to come home so I could talk to him and tell him how much I loved him

***

I began pacing. Kris hadn't returned yet, and it was worrying me. It was nine p.m. already and I had been calling him all day in vain.

My phone rang suddenly and I quickly answered, I had just finished another attempt at caling Kris so my cell was already in my hand.

"Kris?"

"It's Baekhyun," The tired voice replied.

"Baekhyunnie? You really don't sound good..."

"Still waiting for Kris," It didn't sound much like a question, but I ignored it.

"Yeah, he's been gone all day and he won't answer my calls."

"After that fight last night, do you blame him?" Baekhyun's voice was so sad, so devoid of emotion that I began to worry. Did Baekhyun already to come to the conclusion that I was too afraid to make? 

"You don't think he left, do you?" My voice was small, afraid.

"I think... You need to try and let go of him."

"I feel sick," I gasped into the phone, feeling a wave of nausea hit me.

***

Baekhyun came over that night to keep me company, although he didn't say much. I wasn't complaining, I really just wanted to sit in silence anyways and the feeling of him constantly my hair was reassuring. He would often open his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but quickly close it. I was too drained to push him, I assumed that he would come clean with whatever he wanted to say eventually.

Midnight hit and I found myself falling asleep in the warmth of my best friend's arms.


Hello everyone, so this is my first A/N for this story. The first part of the story which is I guess Kris and Chanyeol's past (entitled Fact) has ended and now we're onto the second half of my story, called Fiction. Expect much less romance and much more darkness, and thanks to everyone who's been staying with me this far :)