New Students?

12 Hearts for 1 Soul

 

 

The next morning it was monday so you woke up and prepared to go to school. The house was silent and you tried not to do any noise to wake the boys up. You quickly wrote in a post-it to tell them you wouldn’t be home before 12 o’clock. When you were locking the door, you remembered you had sport today and that you hadn’t taken your sport bag. « Aissshh! » You rapidly entered to take it and mentally insulted yourself for being so forgetful. 

You first class was maths and you were stressing like hell thinking about your test. As always, no one greeted you when you walked into the class, and you didn’t greeted anyone neither. 

« Hello, Minsun! » you heard behind you. Oh, yes, no one, except when they needed something from you. You exactly know who it was and what this voice wanted, and even if you couldn’t bear her, you turned back. *What does the devil want now?* 

Im Eunmi, the pretty girl that everyone in this school loves. You had known her since the beginning of high school. The first time you saw her, it was when you had entered you first class of the year. You would probably never forget since it was one of the worst day of your life. It was very hot this day, everybody was sweating and searching a place to stay without being burned by the sun. Almost each student was carrying drinks since they were so thirsty. You had sat in the front of the class and waited for the teacher. Eunmi entered in the class followed by her friends laughing. She had a bottle in her hands and at the moment she passed next to you, one of her friends tickled her, which made her jump. 

The bottle had fallen from her hand. On you. 

You were wet, your hair greasy and you smelled orange juice. She had turned to you and told « Oups! Err..at least you’re refreshed now, neh? » And with that, she had passed by and sat at her chair in the back. Of course, to make you feel humiliated a bit more, everyone was laughing and talking about you. You changed to your sport clothes since it was too late to go back home. Of course you get several comments on them from your teachers, like « Where do you think you are, it isn’t sport class here ». That’s it, the fabulous story of the meeting of Shin Minsun and Im Eunmi. 

Since then, Eunmi hadn’t missed an occasion to prove you what kind of girl she was. You saw her humiliating other people as well many times, fortunately, she mostly ignored you. Except when she didn’t do her homeworks. When she didn’t understand them, she suddenly became your best friend. 

« Hello, Eunmi. » you said as well. 

« Did you do the math homeworks? I didn’t understand anything, can I copy on you? » 

*What a surprise, maybe if you looked at the board once it’d help* you thought. « Er..I didn’t understand neither you know, my answers are probably all false. Maybe you can ask somebody else, okay? » you answered with a weak smile.

Her fake smiling face changed at once for the one. She hadn’t had what she wanted, so why continue to sham. « Yeah… » she answered as she quickly turned to another victim. You slowly turned to the board again, proud of yourself. *If you think I’m your slave, you’re totally wrong.* 

The bell rang and Mr. Jang walked in. « Good Morning, are you ready to receive your tests? » *NOOOO* « Well it isn’t awesome. It’s rather bad. » Everyone in the class began to whisper. You could hear things like « I’m sure I failed » and « I don’t think I’ll pass this year ». These comments make you feel more nervous and you started to bit your fingernails. Mr. Jang, who was distributing the papers, stopped at you and gave you yours. Your eyes grew wide at the grade.

 A+ 

« Good Work, Miss Shin. » he commented before walking away. *I’VE GOT AN A+! HOW DID I DO THAT?* You were smiling to yourself when you heard knocks on the door of the class. « Yes, enter. » told the teacher. Two boys walked in and the whole class stoped talking. They were surely amazed by the awesomeness of these young men, everyone had a dazzled face. Except you who had recognized them and were dumbfounded to see them in there. *What.Are.They.Doing.Here?!* 

The teacher was surprised too and asked « What do you want? » 

« We’re the new students, Mr. » answered the one with the dark hair. 

After a moment, Mr. Jang understood « Oh! Yes! I received your papers. You’re from Gwangju, right? » 

« Yes, Mr. » they told at the same time.

« All right, introduce yourselves and take a sit then. » 

They walked in front of the class and bowed. 

« Hello, my name is Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you. »

« Hello, my name is Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you. » 

*Impossible. * 

They then looked through the whole class to see where they could sit.  You heard Eunmi telling her « friends » to move so they could sit next to her, but no one moved because they were too afraid to be scolded by Mr.Jang from moving without his permission. There were four free sits in the class. One in front of you, one next to you and two in the forefront. *Please don’t sit here. Please don’t sit here.* you prayed, because you knew it would seem strange if they sat there. The last thing you wanted was to catch attention, mainly Eunmi’s attention. If she saw that, you were sure she’ll never let you alone. 

But of course, when they saw you at the back, they walked towards you. Kai sat next to you and Sehun took the sit in front of you. *Thanks, really.* you sighed. 

When you turned your head, Kai was looking at you. He smirked and muttered « Well, hello. Nice to meet you too, fellow student. » 

You rolled your eyes and faced the front. Sehun quickly turned to you and did a V sign. You wanted to tell him something but you had no time cause he turned immediately. *Aisssh! You’ll have a bad time later!* 

Eunmi was watching you three interact and was secretly thinking *What are their relation? Do they know each other? I can’t let that happen… especially with the y one with the dark hair.* 

After the class, while you were packing your stuff, Sehun and Kai approached you and said « What class have we next? » 

You quickly looked around to be sure that no one was watching and then told « I don’t care what class we have! What are you doing here? »

« Studying maybe » answered Sehun.

« But why didn’t you tell me?! »

« Oh..er..we forgot? » he said smiling. 

Kai spoke « Why is that a problem? » 

You were taken aback by his question. In fact, there wasn’t any, you didn’t even know yourself why you were like that. « W-well..no, I don’t think..but.. »

« But what? » he asked with an eyebrow lifted. 

You paused and sighed. « No, you’re right. There isn’t any. » you lied. 

« All right then, can we go? » 

« Yes, let’s go. » 

As you were going to your history lesson, you felt pairs of eyes on you three, especially on you, who were walking in the middle. Murmurs could also be heard. Since you were really embarrassed, you kept your eyes on the ground until you arrived at the class. You quickly walked past the desks and sat at your place. As Kai and Sehun were going to follow you, Eunmi quickly stood in front of them, which made them stop. They seemed surprised and looked at you. 

*I knew it. Im Eunmi’s show has begun.*

« Anyeong~ My name is Im Eunmi. Nice to meet you. » She told in her cutest voice. Kai looked at her and, without any emotion, said « hello », while Sehun didn’t even say a word. 

« I hope we’ll be good friends » she emphasized the word « friends ».  Everyone could see that she was also thinking about more than that. 

« There are places here next to me, why don’t you two sit there? » she proposed, blinking rapidly with her long dark eyelashes. 

« Thank you but we’ll sit in the back instead. Maybe next time. » he answered with a smile before walking past her and her friends. You would have given anything to have had a camera at that moment. Her face was still showing her famous fake smile but behind it you could see surprise and hatred. She was probably thinking that they would fall for her immediately, but for once, her plan had failed. Her eyes turned to you and you froze. If stare could kill, you’d probably be dead at that moment. Fortunately the bell rang and she had to sit at her place. You sighed *Phew..I thought she’d never stop looking at me.* 

When the lunch bell rang, all the students quickly left. You made Kai and Sehun visit the school and then headed to the cafeteria.

« Have you taken anything to eat? » you asked them.

« No » answered Sehun « Have you? » 

« Yes, I always take mine. But you can buy your lunch here and then we can go eat outside since it’s so warm. »

« Okay! » 

When you entered, all eyes were on you again. You kind of understand that. Kai and Sehun looked like models. All the girl’s eyes were shining and all the boys frowning in disapproval. You told yourself that you should probably get accustomed to these stares since you were going to receive them from now on. However, you didn’t like this kind of situation, being the center of attention and all. When they finished buying their food, you all went out and seat on a bench in a park near the school. 

« Aissh… » you said while sitting and opening your lunch box.

« What? » asked Kai « is there a problem with your food? »

« If only it was my food… »

Both of them gave you a questioning look. 

You sighed and spoke «  Well, I better explain you the whole situation now. You know, I’m not the kind of popular girl here, in fact..I’m the contrary.. »

They didn’t seem to understand. « And? » told Sehun.

You scratched your head in frustration. « Aissh! How to explain! .. the thing is that it can be strange for the others to see you with me. Usually..I’m..I’m..er..I don’t really have friends here.. I usually am alone. You’ll probably think that I’m a loser or someth-

« Take it back. » cut Kai. 

« Huh? »

« Take it back » repeated Sehun.

« Take what back? »

« What you just said. How can you believe we think that? We’re not this kind of guys at all.» He didn’t sound angry but rather hurt. 

« Oh..I-I’m sorry, I take it back then..it’s juste that.. » 

Kai continued « You know Minsun, we don’t care if you’re popular or not. Even if you were the president’s daughter it wouldn’t change anything, because we don’t hang out with people for their rank. You are you, that’s all that matters. » 

A warm sensation filled your heart. With those little sentences, he’d managed to make you feel much better. You wanted to thank them but it felt awkward, since you didn’t really know them, it would surely seem strange. Feeling you were starting to be red, you quickly lowered your head and took your chopsticks. 

« All right, let’s eat! » you rapidly said, willing to change the topic before getting too embarrassed. As you were pitting food in your mouth, Kai and Sehun were surprised by your change of attitude. But they decided not to add anything else,so they took their lunch as well and the three of you just ate there, silently. Even if you didn’t show it, you really enjoyed this meal, since for the first time, you weren’t alone. Never you had thought it would be so great to have lunch with other people. It’s as if you were discovering those feelings again. Little things like that seemed awesome for you since you weren’t accustomed to them anymore. Of course, you didn't know at this time that it was only the beggining of those happy moments.

 

 

 

"We're back!" you yelled as you entered your house, Kai and Sehun following you.

"Aigoo my little kids are back ~" told Xiumin, welcoming you. He went towards you, patted your head and put an arm around your shoulders "Tell Mommy what you've learned today~" he teased, holding you tightly.

"Yah! Back off!" you shrieked, getting away of him. *What's wrong with him now?* you thought as you walked in the living room.

"And us" told Kai to Xiumin "don't you want to know what happened to us, Mommy?"

"mm..Nah, you, you're not interesting" he answered before joining you.

You had sat on the couch next to Chanyeol who was watchind a movie. "Had a good day, Sun?" he asked

"Yeah.." you responded awkwardly since you were not used to this nickname yet. "And you, what did you do?" you aslo asked.

"Well..Chen Hyung, Luhan Hyung and D.O trained their singing, Kris and Suho worked on some songs and their lyrics, Lay tried to create a new choreography.. and Baekhyun, Tao and I watched TV." he explained.

You chuckled "So there's just you, Baekhyun and Tao who didn't really do anything today."

He got embarassed " We did! We..er..oh yeah! We went shopping for dinner!"

"Oh yeah? Oh good then, let's see what you bought."

You entered the kitchen and looked in the cupboards and the fridge. All you found were cookies, soda, cookies and...cookies. 

"Er..Chanyeol!" you called.

He appeared at the door. 

"Yes?"

"Did you only buy cookies?"

"No, we bought sodas too."

You facepalmed yourself and rolled your eyes. 

"Right..well, just let me do the shopping henceforward."