Chapter Five

A Piece of Life

 

Without having the alarm clock to do its own purpose I woke up before it start ringing. Setting the alarm clock off I head off to the bathroom to freshen myself up. Usually I would just leave with a face but since it’s my first date with Amber I spent time making myself look good. I took out my set of makeup kit that I barely have touched and starts apply some foundation on. I’m glad I took some makeup lessons with Sulli before, as a soon-going-to-be artist it is important to learn some makeup skills because I heard when you debut you probably have to do your own makeup in some events. I only did a natural makeup, just putting some powder making my face light up, blushes so that my face doesn’t look too pale, a bit of eye makeup and lip-gloss because I wasn’t skillful in makeup it took almost an hour to get it done. But luckily I woke up extra early.

I went over to my wardrobe looking the set of clothing I have. We’re going to the amusement park so I would need to wear something comfortable. As I look through my clothing I found the white tee that Amber brought for me last time, I took it out as I remember how the lady thought of us as a couple and now we’re really a couple. I then grab a pair of red shorts to go with the tee. I was all dress up and ready to go. Looking at the window outside it’s really a sunny day perfect for amusement park. I dig in my drawers to find a cap to wear – I don’t want to get myself tan. I then grab a hoodie jacket just incase it gets cold later at night. Turning my body left and right in front of the mirror one last time, I grab my handbag and left my room.

I sat down and ate breakfast with my family but instead they were staring at me.

“Soojung are you going on a date?” Mum asks and gave me the slyest smirk I ever seen from her. I guess it’s because I’m wearing makeup today.

“Is it that guy from last time outside the company?” This time dad joins in; I think he was referring to Amber.

“No mum and dad to correct you that ‘guy’ you saw is actually a ‘girl’.” I answer them both at once and their curiosity face drops. We finish breakfast together without any more questions and I simply told them I wouldn’t be back for dinner. I left the house and walk to the bus stop. From a short distance I saw a familiar figure standing there already. Amber was wearing her usual clothing, t-shirt, hoodie jacket, cap and jeans.

Upon seeing her I quicken my pace and we envelop in a tight hug.

“My baby is looking pretty today.” Amber complimented and quickly pecks me on the lips seeing how there’s nobody around. Her eyes then travel down stopping at the tee she brought.

“Look.” She giggled and s her hoodie jacket revealing the couple tee except hers was black with white print. I know we agree to hide our relationship from everyone else but it was really a coincident that we both wore the same tee. I guess we can get away with it – I hope.

The bus arrived and we both hop in traveling to the subway. Along the way we didn’t hold hands or show any affections. We just walk side by side.

 

We got to the amusement park and already there’s a big crowd. Family, couples and young teens were all there enjoying a beautiful day together. Amber got all excited seeing the crowd, the rides and people screaming their lungs off. She was like a little kid jumping up and down and cannot decide what ride to go on first. Sometimes I wonder if you’re really three years older and an adult like you said you were. Being too excited by her surrounding she quickly found the one ride that attracts her – Viking. I was drag by her to the end of the line. We took photos together and chat while waiting. We just look like any of the other couples in the line. Luckily the line wasn’t that long until we got on the Viking. The moment I sat down I feel my heart began thumping. I’m not really a ride person. I grip tight onto the handle and my feet couldn’t help but to shuffle. I must say waiting for it to start is the scariest. But my heart calmed a bit down when I felt Amber’s hand gripping tightly over my hand. I look over at her and she gave me a I’m-here-with-you smile.

The gates close and a staff walk by closing the gates of the Viking. The pirate ship slowly rises up and I grip onto the handle tighter. I took a breath in preparing for the big drop down. Amber excitedly screaming as if she’s not a bit scared at all. When the pirate ship came to a stop it suddenly drops down not even me time to take another breath in. I close my eyes and scream the loudest I could. I don’t what’s happening all I could hear is my own screaming voice. After the first drop I felt a lot at ease I slowly open one eye and then the other one. The pirate ship swings back and forth, I turn over to see Amber screaming in enjoyment. When the speed of the pirate ship decreases, the hand that Amber is holding onto, she lift it up and we raise our hands up during the last few swings. By then I was laughing so much.

After the first ride it made me a braver girl. Whatever rides Amber drag me to I would just excitedly follow her on. And naturally we held hands just like a couple.

We finally came to a break when we both felt hungry, we sat down at a fast food restaurant and Amber brought both a burger meal. The two of us were really hungry that we didn’t even bother to talk much and was just swallowing the food down.

After eating we decide to take a break with the rides, we don’t want to vomit our lunch out. So instead we walk around at the shops. While walking passing the gaming area a certain doll caught my eyes. I stop pulling the boyish girl back since our hands are connected.

“What’s wrong?”

“That doll reminds me of you.” I point to the llama pink doll hanging up high.

“It does?” She kept looking back and forth to the doll and me. I nod my head as I kept staring at the doll. I want it. As if she had read my mind she walk up to the basketball game and paid the boss for a game to win that llama doll.

“Sir how can I win that doll?” She asks the boss pointing to that pink llama doll.

“Young lad, if you get at least three shots in you can get that. You have five balls to shoot.” The boss explained. Amber nodded and grabbed the basketball from the boss. The hoop is pretty far and high I wonder if she can get it in? Amber gave me a wink before facing the basketball hoop again. She bounces the ball a few times before posing to a shooting position. Her posture looks professional just like what I saw on TV. She bends her knees and bounce up releasing the basketball in her hands. The basketball went flying to the hoop – Go in! The basketball bounces on the hoop before flying off somewhere else. She releases a soft grunt and caught the basketball that the boss passes back.

“This is harder than what I thought.”

“It’s okay. Just try your best.” I want to cheer her up but at the same time I didn’t want to put pressure in her to winning the llama doll.

The boss had a smile on his face and cheered Amber up. Amber positions herself again and released the basketball in her hands. In a swift move the basketball went smoothly in the hoop. I cheerfully jump up and down seeing the ball went in so smoothly. Amber turns around and gave me a victory hand sign.

“Great shot young lad.” The boss said and passes the basketball back at Amber. Amber caught the basketball and even faster than before she shoot the basketball in the hoop. Was she just pretending to not get it in before? I look at Amber who is bouncing the basketball. My girlfriend is so cool. Easily she shoots another ball in. And when the ball fell in the hoop I suddenly jump up in excitement and hugged the boyish girl.

We continue walking around holding hand and my other free hand I tightly hug onto the llama doll.

 

I came back home and I couldn’t contain my lips spreading up as I tightly held onto the llama doll that Amber won for me. Another new thing I learned about Amber – she’s great at basketball. Lying down on my bed I held it up high looking at the face of the llama doll. I can’t help but to think her face resembling a llama. I laughed at my own thoughts. I peck the lips of the llama doll before hugging it tightly against my chest.

 

 

 

I had a really wonderful sleep as I hug tightly onto the llama doll dreaming about Amber. Again I woke up without needing the alarm to wake me up. I walk out to the dining table to have breakfast with my parents.

“Mum dad a friend is coming over today and we’re going to bake.” I inform them while taking a bit of the bread.

“Is it your boyfriend?” Mum asks with a sly smile.

“What? No, I don’t have a boyfriend mum.” I almost spit out the orange juice that I was drinking.

“Well but you are definitely in love.”

I froze at the words of what mum said. I’ve always heard that if one is love it totally shows on the face. I pretend I didn’t hear what mum said and finish drinking the glass of orange juice. Without giving her a reply I silently ate my remaining breakfast.

“You can’t hide it from me Soojung. I’ve been through that stage too and I can tell just looking at your eyes.” Mum was staring deep in my eyes giving me shivers.

“Mum I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not in love and I won’t be.” I firmly told her hoping that she’ll drop the topic. Mum finally stop talking about it and I felt my shoulders went lighter.

“Since Soojung’s friend is coming over how about we go on a date and let the girls have fun freely.” Dad suggested giving his attention to mum. I love you dad! Dad gave me a wink after mum has agreed going out on a date with dad.

Dad and mum left the house even before Amber has arrived. I wanted to introduce Amber to them but I guess this is even better, we get the house to ourselves and we don’t have to hold back with our affections.

I was getting the equipment and ingredients ready until I heard the doorbell. I quickly drop everything in my hand on the kitchen bench and ran to open the door. There I saw Amber standing outside. But I was mesmerized by what she was wearing. She was wearing a loose t-shirt that have a big collar showing off her nice and y collarbone inside she was wearing a black singlet and she also wore a pair of shorts revealing her white and skinny legs. It was the first time I ever saw Amber dressing like this, seeing her collarbone and legs and I totally love it.

“Come in. My parents went out and they won’t come back shortly.” I pull the handsome yet pretty girl in. She took her boots off and step inside the house. Her eyes wonder around scanning the place. I drag her to the kitchen and we began the baking. Amber stood next to me while I crack the eggs separating the egg yolk and egg white.

“You seem really good at this?”

“I told you I’m great.”

After getting it separated I push forward one of the bowl to Amber and gave her the electric hand mixer.

“What should I do?”

“Like this.” I grab on to her hand that is holding the mixer and guide the mixer in the egg yolk. Our body became really close with one another that I can smell her scent. I wonder what body soap she uses? I let go of her hand when she got the hang of it and got another hand mixer but not electronic, I began mixing the other bowl.

“So what are we baking?”

“Sponge cake.” I love sponge cakes; it’s easy to make and tastes so great.

I peek over at Amber’s mixing bowl seeing that it’s ready. “Amber you can stop the mixer now.” She switches the power button and places the mixer down. I was still mixing it using the hand mixer. I felt her arms then wrapping my waist leaning her chin against my shoulder as she watch me. I felt tense up as I cannot concentrate on what I have to do.

“Ummm... Amber can you go over there and heat the chocolate?”

“Alright baby.” She chuckled knowing that she was distracting me. She went over to the stove and got a pot out. She starts breaking down the block of chocolate into little pieces and putting them in the pot.

Afterward we concentrate on baking with a little bit of chatting. All done! I pop the baking tin in the oven and set the timer.

“Is that it?” Amber bends down trying to look at the sponge cake inside the oven.

“Well all the hard parts are done only left with the fun part.” I smiled. I got the box of strawberries out from the fridge and gave them to Amber.

“Cut them in halves please.” I command. While she is busily cutting the strawberries I went and got another mixer bowl, mixing chocolate with cream. It didn’t take long until Amber finished cutting the strawberries and there again I felt her arms wrapping my waist. But this time I let her arms stay there. I like the closeness we have here. We stayed like this silently as I mix the chocolate cream and Amber back hugging me. When I think it’s done I scoop a bit of the chocolate cream on my finger tasting the flavor. Hmm... Sweet, just right. Satisfied with the taste I scoop a bit of chocolate cream again with the same finger. I broke free from the hug turning around.

“Amber try this.” I was a little too excited about the taste that I didn’t even think twice what I was doing. Amber leans forward capturing the finger filled with chocolate cream. She on my finger tasting the chocolate cream and it was only then how wrong this could be. My face flushed as I retrieve my finger back. The next moment I felt her lips on mine’s nibbling my bottom lip. It’s not like it’s the first time we’ve kissed but this time it felt a little different – more demanding I should say. I respond back to her kiss and her tongue invade my opening savoring every bit of it. I soon felt her hands sliding down my waist slipping underneath my loose tee. Her soft hands caressing my bare skins felt like burning. But when I sense that she process further up I quickly grab her hands pulling them away. And I broke the kiss. Honestly I was a bit scared to take a step further.

“I think the cake is ready.” I panted heavily and broke free from the intimacy. I think she understood that I wasn’t quite ready for that. And so she didn’t dare to make another affection move. We finish off the cake by cutting the sponge cake in half filling it with the chocolate cream. Then spread the rest of the chocolate cream on top and decorated it with the cut up strawberries.

“Wow this look delicious!” Amber had a proud look while looking at the finish item. I cut the cake up and put two pieces on the plate.

We sat silently on the dining table tasting the cake we both make together. Although Amber acted nothing happened but I felt she wasn’t acting like her own playful self.

“Sorry I just wasn’t ready for that.” I apologized in what happened before. I look up to see her the chocolates on the fork.

“You don’t need to apologize, I should be the one who apologize.” She put the folk down and closed the gap between us by pushing her chair closer. She took hold of my hand and gently kisses the back. I felt a sudden of sweetness overflowing in me. When Amber was about to lean in for a soft kiss the door of my house open revealing my parents. Amber quickly moves back to where she was.

“Mum, dad!” I shouted after they came inside. It was lucky that Amber has quick movement.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jung.” Amber followed and greeted. By the looks of their expression I think for a moment they thought Amber was a boy.

“Mum dad this is my friend Amber she just came from LA.” I introduced and the confusion in them has cleared once they took another look at her.

“So Amber why don’t you stay for dinner tonight? Soojung doesn’t usually bring friends over so I assume you must be really close with her.” Mum offered dinner to Amber and mentally I was hoping Amber would say yes because I can stay with her longer.

“That would be great Mrs. Jung but unfortunately I have plans tonight so maybe another time.” I look at Amber with a confuse face, plans? She never told me she have any plans tonight. But she only forced a smile back. We went back to finish the cake and even offered some to my parents. Afterward I had to clean the mess up otherwise mum will not be amused at the mess she has to take care of. Amber helped me and sure cleaning didn’t turn out to be that bad.

Amber didn’t stay for long and left in a hurry. I guess it was kind of awkward for her to meet my parents all of a sudden.